The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Feedback Thread for Player Housing

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahzek wrote: »
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    There are many paintings in the game all over the place. Why should they not be available as player housing decor? My surmise though is that they will slowly make these things available as time goes on. I DO feel it was an oversight NOT to include the paintings at release though.

There was a PTS patch where they added paintings as rare loot to treasure chests (afaik all treasure chests), but i did not yet test how likely it is to get them.

Okay now THAT is cool! Still, I hope some are still available for purchase/crafting as well.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• boggo
    boggo
    ✭✭✭
    Hi there! I like what I've seen of the housing update so far, but here's what I'm missing a little bit:
    Tiny, derelict homes:
    For example a very small fishing cabin somewhere on a lonely shore. Maybe only purchaseable if you have the angler achievement of the specific zone.
    Or maybe a small mountain cabin, just large enough to hold a bed, some small things and a fireplace.
    Something in between an inn room and a proper house so to speak.
  • Bal_Isra
    Bal_Isra
    ✭✭
    Boulder, Heavy Craggy is classified as a Tree. Available from the Craglorn furnisher.

Flower, Grandmother Hibiscus should join its peers (Flower, Stout Hibiscus and Flower, Healthy Hibiscus) in Plants, instead of being classified as a Tree.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    boggo wrote: »
    Hi there! I like what I've seen of the housing update so far, but here's what I'm missing a little bit:
    Tiny, derelict homes:
    For example a very small fishing cabin somewhere on a lonely shore. Maybe only purchaseable if you have the angler achievement of the specific zone.
    Or maybe a small mountain cabin, just large enough to hold a bed, some small things and a fireplace.
    Each Homestead is a separate "instance", technically isolated from the normal depiction of Tamriel. So, each Homestead has at least one entry and exit point, usually a gate in a wall or a fence, or sometimes a door into a house. Making a Homestead a separate instance makes it possible for multiple Player Characters to have exclusive possession and use of the same Homestead, as if it were the only one of its kind.

There are a multitude of "derelict" shacks, shelters, campsites, shallow caves, etc. which are integral to the landscape. Player characters can enter the open space(s) in and around them, and interact with objects which are present. If a tent or shelter is large enough, the PC can enter, look around, interact with objects that it contains, etc., then leave. Ordinarily there are no barriers to access, and there is at least one open passage through any such barrier(s) that might exist.

None of them are a separate instance. However, a separate instance would be necessary unless the game allows any Player Character to use such a site without excluding any other Player Character from doing so -- which is presently the case for such sites. So, although player-owned "tiny, derelict homes" are technically possible, from the perspective of game design, the questions are (1) how they would fit-in to their surroundings, to the larger world of Tamriel, and (2) whether players would have any "decoration" options, or be expected to obtain and keep the site "as is".

What I would like is an option to create shacks, shelters, fishing platforms, and campsites (with tents and Cooking-Fires) on any Homestead which a player's Character owns. That might currently be possible for some Homesteads with the Housing Editor, if the corresponding items can be crafted and/or bought from the Crown Store.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    boggo wrote: »
    Tiny, derelict homes:
    You can get a derelict argonian tent on a lonely shore. Just buy the Grand Topal Hideaway. Walk the left side shore from entrance. There it is.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • laurajf
    laurajf
    ✭✭✭
    Long story - warning to skip if you have better things to do. :smile:

After playing around with all the different houses on the PTS, on both my main who is a master crafter, and now the template character, I have to sadly admit that I don't really care if I get any of them when this patch launches. This is coming from someone who LOVES housing in every game it exists in and was looking forward to this for as long as ESO has existed. I fully expected to spends tons of real-life money for these houses/furnishings. Until I actually experienced what they have to offer. Thank God for PTS. Anyway...

My disappointment comes from the bland copy-cat buildings that already exist in the world that I'm sick of seeing because of having been in them many times, the insane gold prices of the houses themselves (for what you get functionality-wise and style-wise) plus the insane prices of furniture and grinding required to craft, tiny outside landscaping, the UI for placing items that is attached to your character movement (seriously?), and invisible walls inside for houses with only one room where you can't even create your own separate bedroom upstairs in a tall-ceiling house (sorry - I need a separate bedroom at least and/or kitchen). I honestly have no urge to even bother with this.

I'm one of those people who spends a ridiculous amount of real-life money on pixels because I have a good job, I budget, and I have it to spend on entertainment. I don't spend my entertainment money on overpriced movies, which are over in 2 hours, or going out to eat, which is over within an hour. I don't buy the latest Iphone or whatever other electronic device is out there, but I do spend money on gaming when I want something because a game can go on for years and you can happily enjoy what you spent on a pixel mount or whatever for years. I've spent gobs and gobs on dimensions in Rift, for example, because I'm able to create original houses and even though they have the dreaded RNG boxes, they also have a ton of housing stuff on their store that is reasonable in price (either in-game currency or their version of credits), I don't have to grind to furnish my house, and we're able to buy cheap furnishings on the GLOBAL auction house (yes, this is a dig at the amount of traders I have to visit all over the world just to find what I'm looking for in ESO).

I'm willing to accept the fact that this is the first version/attempt at housing and it won't be perfect. That's fine, but housing has been out in games for a long time. As a gaming company, they should know by now what is popular and what isn't with past games and their current competition, if someone has done their research. For the length of time since this game has launched and the clamoring of many people for housing since the game has launched, I'm honestly disappointed in what they've come up with after all this time. Again, it's okay, but after many of us have experienced much better, many of us are expecting more. Maybe we're unreasonable. I don't really know. All I know is in other games when they first introduced housing, I was completely happy with what they started with and only got happier as time went on and they added more stuff/changed things for the better. This is the first time I've experienced housing from the start that I was disappointed in and don't have any urge to participate in the day it goes live.

I've tried to decorate every house on PTS, starting with what I thought would be my favorite. I've come up short on every single one. It's either the layout, the lack of separate rooms, the style, the ugly walls or lack of flat straight walls, the lack of outdoor space, the limit in amount of items we can place, the difficulty lining up countertops and other things next to each other or placing a painting high up on a wall, the ridiculous outside high walls with no view, making you feel like you're jailed in, and fake HUGE boulders crashing into your walls/property to obviously fill gaps (how ugly is that?) and finally and most importantly the difficulty in obtaining the furnishings without spending a ton of real-life cash or hours upon hours of grinding for materials.

I don't know. I just don't know what to say. I don't think I'm willing to part with my in-game gold for these houses for what we get. I'm a crafter and I do writs. I like alts who I need to gear. I need every single item in this game for my personal use and cannot just sell everything for gold just to make money. I need those items for writs and for crafting. I sure as heck won't part with my real-life money unless these houses are insanely cheap because of what will be required to furnish these things. I'll go back to Rift before doing that because of the freedom to do so much more for so much less (in-game money AND real-life money). I left Rift because of those RNG boxes (stupidly trying to make a statement), but that was literally the only reason, besides the fact that I didn't enjoy the actual questing/game itself, but I didn't need to do that in order to do dimensions/housing.

Now that ESO has the RNG boxes and although we've only seen one quarter of them and what they contain, I might as well go with whoever can occupy my time with the least cost in-game and/or real money while giving me enough quality to keep me occupied. I still love ESO for the gameplay/story (which I did not enjoy in Rift), but housing is important to me, and ESO needs a heck of a lot more time/resources for me to spend my money/time on versus the other.

I won't quit ESO. I probably won't even quit my ESO Plus. I just don't think I'll spend the gobs of money I thought I would on housing. I'll wait and see if they get better. I'll continue to raise my baby alts, questing when I have time, farming when I have time on my main, but my housing itch will not be filled by what we currently have here. I only hope they'll get better based on feedback. I've seen a lot of good feedback in these forums, and many are on the same page as I am.

Please, please listen to what we want. We WANT to spend money on you. We would prefer to spend the money on you. But we won't spend the money unless we feel we're getting our money's worth.
    Edited by laurajf on January 23, 2017 11:38AM
  • Kikki_Wintersong
    laurajf wrote: »

My disappointment comes from the bland copy-cat buildings that already exist in the world that I'm sick of seeing because of having been in them many times, the insane gold prices of the houses themselves (for what you get functionality-wise and style-wise) plus the insane prices of furniture and grinding required to craft, tiny outside landscaping, the UI for placing items that is attached to your character movement (seriously?), and invisible walls inside for houses with only one room where you can't even create your own separate bedroom upstairs in a tall-ceiling house (sorry - I need a separate bedroom at least and/or kitchen). I honestly have no urge to even bother with this.

I've spent gobs and gobs on dimensions in Rift, for example, because I'm able to create original houses and even though they have the dreaded RNG boxes, they also have a ton of housing stuff on their store that is reasonable in price (either in-game currency or their version of credits), I don't have to grind to furnish my house, and we're able to buy cheap furnishings on the GLOBAL auction house (yes, this is a dig at the amount of traders I have to visit all over the world just to find what I'm looking for in ESO).

Again, it's okay, but after many of us have experienced much better, many of us are expecting more. Maybe we're unreasonable. I don't really know. All I know is in other games when they first introduced housing, I was completely happy with what they started with and only got happier as time went on and they added more stuff/changed things for the better. This is the first time I've experienced housing from the start that I was disappointed in and don't have any urge to participate in the day it goes live.

I've tried to decorate every house on PTS, starting with what I thought would be my favorite. I've come up short on every single one. It's either the layout, the lack of separate rooms, the style, the ugly walls or lack of flat straight walls, the lack of outdoor space, the limit in amount of items we can place, the difficulty lining up countertops and other things next to each other or placing a painting high up on a wall, the ridiculous outside high walls with no view, making you feel like you're jailed in, and fake HUGE boulders crashing into your walls/property to obviously fill gaps (how ugly is that?) and finally and most importantly the difficulty in obtaining the furnishings without spending a ton of real-life cash or hours upon hours of grinding for materials.

I sure as heck won't part with my real-life money unless these houses are insanely cheap because of what will be required to furnish these things. I'll go back to Rift before doing that because of the freedom to do so much more for so much less (in-game money AND real-life money). I left Rift because of those RNG boxes (stupidly trying to make a statement), but that was literally the only reason, besides the fact that I didn't enjoy the actual questing/game itself, but I didn't need to do that in order to do dimensions/housing.

Now that ESO has the RNG boxes and although we've only seen one quarter of them and what the contain,, I might as well go with whoever can occupy my time with the least cost in-game and/or real money while giving me enough quality to keep me occupied. I still love ESO for the gameplay/story (which I did not enjoy in Rift), but housing is important to me, and ESO needs a heck of a lot more time/resources for me to spend my money/time on versus the other.

Please, please listen to what we want. We WANT to spend money on you. We would prefer to spend the money on you. But we won't spend the money unless we feel we're getting our money's worth.

Agreed. Totally. Every - single - word.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laurajf wrote: »

After playing around with all the different houses on the PTS, on both my main who is a master crafter, and now the template character, I have to sadly admit that I don't really care if I get any of them when this patch launches. This is coming from someone who LOVES housing in every game it exists in and was looking forward to this for as long as ESO has existed. I fully expected to spends tons of real-life money for these houses/furnishings. Until I actually experienced what they have to offer. Thank God for PTS. Anyway...

I'm one of those people who spends a ridiculous amount of real-life money on pixels because I have a good job, I budget, and I have it to spend on entertainment. I don't spend my entertainment money on overpriced movies, which are over in 2 hours, or going out to eat, which is over within an hour. I don't buy the latest Iphone or whatever other electronic device is out there, but I do spend money on gaming when I want something because a game can go on for years and you can happily enjoy what you spent on a pixel mount or whatever for years. I've spent gobs and gobs on dimensions in Rift, for example, because I'm able to create original houses and even though they have the dreaded RNG boxes, they also have a ton of housing stuff on their store that is reasonable in price (either in-game currency or their version of credits), I don't have to grind to furnish my house, and we're able to buy cheap furnishings on the GLOBAL auction house (yes, this is a dig at the amount of traders I have to visit all over the world just to find what I'm looking for in ESO).

I'm willing to accept the fact that this is the first version/attempt at housing and it won't be perfect. That's fine, but housing has been out in games for a long time. As a gaming company, they should know by now what is popular and what isn't with past games and their current competition, if someone has done their research. For the length of time since this game has launched and the clamoring of many people for housing since the game has launched, I'm honestly disappointed in what they've come up with after all this time. Again, it's okay, but after many of us have experienced much better, many of us are expecting more. Maybe we're unreasonable. I don't really know. All I know is in other games when they first introduced housing, I was completely happy with what they started with and only got happier as time went on and they added more stuff/changed things for the better. This is the first time I've experienced housing from the start that I was disappointed in and don't have any urge to participate in the day it goes live.

I don't know. I just don't know what to say. I don't think I'm willing to part with my in-game gold for these houses for what we get. I'm a crafter and I do writs. I like alts who I need to gear. I need every single item in this game for my personal use and cannot just sell everything for gold just to make money. I need those items for writs and for crafting. I sure as heck won't part with my real-life money unless these houses are insanely cheap because of what will be required to furnish these things. I'll go back to Rift before doing that because of the freedom to do so much more for so much less (in-game money AND real-life money). I left Rift because of those RNG boxes (stupidly trying to make a statement), but that was literally the only reason, besides the fact that I didn't enjoy the actual questing/game itself, but I didn't need to do that in order to do dimensions/housing.

Now that ESO has the RNG boxes and although we've only seen one quarter of them and what they contain, I might as well go with whoever can occupy my time with the least cost in-game and/or real money while giving me enough quality to keep me occupied. I still love ESO for the gameplay/story (which I did not enjoy in Rift), but housing is important to me, and ESO needs a heck of a lot more time/resources for me to spend my money/time on versus the other.

I won't quit ESO. I probably won't even quit my ESO Plus. I just don't think I'll spend the gobs of money I thought I would on housing. I'll wait and see if they get better. I'll continue to raise my baby alts, questing when I have time, farming when I have time on my main, but my housing itch will not be filled by what we currently have here. I only hope they'll get better based on feedback. I've seen a lot of good feedback in these forums, and many are on the same page as I am.

So ALL of this. Plus the player caps, which are STILL not at all clear. WHY there hasn't been a definitive announcement as to the player caps for EACH house by ZOS is completely beyond me. Ditto actual CROWN prices for the houses. With the literally INSANE amount of in game gold they want for these things (which is an obvious ploy to get players to just pay real money for them) to NOT make those prices available is just...well it's not anything I can say on these forums without getting banned. It's just BAD.

I, too, was incredibly disappointed to see that ALL of the houses (with only 2 exceptions that are ONLY going to be available as an outright crown purchase) are nothing more than copies of existing buildings in the game with the same slap dash poorly thought out floorplans and interiors that do not AT ALL correspond to the exteriors of the buildings. NOT being able to walk out onto the balcony of the Daggerfall Overlook drives me twice as crazy in housing as it does on that ubiquitous castle in the game world itself.

I wouldn't mind the ridiculous "open floorplan" concept of virtually everything in this game if they had just given us the ability to easily build our own interior walls. And there needs to be a LOT more color options for furnishings, rugs, etc.

But it seems to me that all they did was invest in creating a huge and complex system that will keep players engaged in yet more senseless endless GRIND (and this time for things like a SOFA instead of gear) and spent literally ZERO time on the houses themselves. I find that really disappointing.

So I truly understand where @laurajf is coming from!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Assuming all house "sizes" have the same player caps. Here they are:

Manors - 24
    Large - 12
    Medium - 12
    Small - 6
    Apartment - 6
    Inn Room - 2

I don't think 12 is enough for Large houses. I'd go 18. Assuming the 24 isn't going up. I'd do 24, 18, 12, 8, 4, 2 respectively.
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind the ridiculous "open floorplan" concept of virtually everything in this game if they had just given us the ability to easily build our own interior walls. And there needs to be a LOT more color options for furnishings, rugs, etc.

My sister and I were discussing this exact thing just last night.

They even have the tools to do this in-game. I was poking around the Evermoor castle last night (the same castle template as Daggerfall Overlook), and I noticed that the basement has a piece of wall cutting through the basement, partitioning off a bedroom quite nicely. It is clearly a generic wall piece, since it doesn't match the rest of the walls. If they just make generic wall pieces like that available, it would make me much more interested in a large+ house.

As they are right now, all those big open plans just make the large houses feel like caverns. I don't want my hirelings to hear my snores echoing off the walls. :p
    Dominoid wrote: »
    Assuming all house "sizes" have the same player caps. Here they are:

Manors - 24
    Large - 12
    Medium - 12
    Small - 6
    Apartment - 6
    Inn Room - 2

I don't think 12 is enough for Large houses. I'd go 18. Assuming the 24 isn't going up. I'd do 24, 18, 12, 8, 4, 2 respectively.

If that's accurate, any guild looking for a hall pretty much HAS to get a manor to get much group use out it. :/ I can see why they haven't officially published them.
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Kikki_Wintersong
    So Patch 2.7.3:

Fixed an issue where pets and assistants wouldn't display their idle animations correctly when placed in a home.

Thank you, my doggy is alive :)

Added approximately 250 furnishings to the Housing Editor's Crown tab. This includes a wide variety of items as well as non-set Crafting Stations.

Thank you, all basket of fruit/vegetables are back and we have more: paintings, literature... :) Shutters are epic, we have walls :)

Improved the naming and categorization of several furnishings to improve clarity.

Much much better !

Moved Bear non-combat pets from the Felines category to a new category for Bears. Because bears aren’t cats.

This was a major issue :P

Previewing furniture will now take you to a preview environment where the camera will fully zoom out based on the size of the furniture.

Beautiful, thank you !

What concerns me:

- Number of items allowed in houses is still the same, too low :(

- Invisible walls / ceilings are still there (at least in Captain Margaux's place, didn't try in other houses)

- The crown prices are still the same, I hope you'll lower them, 150 crowns for a basket of apple is really too expensive.

Good work, go ahead :)

Kikki
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Invisible walls / ceilings are still there (at least in Captain Margaux's place, didn't try in other houses)

Invisible walls are still there in Twin Arches as well. I assume they're unchanged in all the houses.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Cyrodilic Jungle House appears to be missing most of it's furnishings. When you preview it furnished the inside looks very empty and most of the items which are there are floating, as if they were placed on furniture which isn't there any more.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    The Cyrodilic Jungle House appears to be missing most of it's furnishings. When you preview it furnished the inside looks very empty and most of the items which are there are floating, as if they were placed on furniture which isn't there any more.
    That's probably exactly what happened. All three Imperial houses were furnished with Colovian furniture (as indeed they should be, since they're Colovian houses), and then ZOS went and removed all the Colovian furniture. Some of it was inexplicably replaced with Nibenese furniture, which is a completely different style and doesn't mesh with the Colovian style at all. SMH.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Jeremiah87
    Jeremiah87
    ✭✭✭
    FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, BASE GAME PATCH

Homes
    • Added a tower to Ebonheart Chateau, overlooking the nearby lava. The door to this new addition can be accessed from the courtyard.

While I can appreciate the addition of the tower I think it is the wrong way to improve the Ebonheart Chateu. The tower feels out of place and encroaches into open space, making the yard feel more cramped as there are high walls and buildings all around.

I think adding an overlook section (like the one the Daggerfall Manor has) instead of a tower to the left side of the yard would be a much better way to make use of the prime location of this estate. I will post post some quick Photoshop mock ups to illustrate what I mean below.

Daggerfall Manor overlook area: View 1
    ktWlhym.jpg

Daggerfall Manor overlook area: View 2
    4MetfEY.jpg

Add a Dark Elf architecture themed overlook like this instead of the tower. See these mock ups:

Ebonheart Chateau overlook: View 1
    ooYH3OX.jpg

Ebonheart Chateau overlook: View 2
    lRf7MOz.jpg

This would show of the unique location and geographical features MUCH better than the current tower as well as help make the yard not feel as cramped. What do other people think?
  • OMA
    OMA
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

There appears to be no difference in the population allowance between the 11,000 gold Apartment(s) such as the Ebony Flask which takes 6 people, and the Small Homes such as the Cyrodillic Jungle which takes 6 people also but costs 71,000 gold.

Similarly,

There is no difference in the population allowance between the Medium Homes such as Mournoth Keep which costs $325,000 gold and accepts 12 people and the Large Homes such as the Hundings Palatial Hall which costs 1,295,000 gold and only accepts 12 people.

Unless there's a 'Known Issue' with the Housing Editor Tool tip I am unaware of...this does not seem fair to pay more and get the same stats for population capacity?

Can you please confirm the population capacity for each of the categories of homes?

Thank you!
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Something weird is going on with interior lighting since the patch today. You have to be really close to a light source for it to actually light up the area you are in, leaving the rest of the room in darkness until you move to another area... Its very strange. I do hope this isn't how it's going to be on live! It looks horrible!

I just placed 20 bright braziers and a chandelier in an area of the room, and 20 braziers on the other side, as soon as I got a couple of steps away from them, I can still see the fire from the top of them, but the area looks dark... Standing in the middle of the room, and the whole space looks dark, almost as though there is no lighting there at all!
    Edited by Elara_Northwind on January 24, 2017 2:46AM
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • perogwin_ESO
    perogwin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Still no crown price info on houses? I really need this info to make sure I have enough crowns put away!
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where are the crafting stations located in the crown store? I couldn't find them.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no crown price info on houses? I really need this info to make sure I have enough crowns put away!

We won't know this until patch day.
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where are the crafting stations located in the crown store? I couldn't find them.

When you are in Editing Mode within a house, select the crown store options in there. The crafting stations can be found unter "Workshop". You won't find them in the regular crown store UI.
  • Kikki_Wintersong
    SadieJoan wrote: »
    Something weird is going on with interior lighting since the patch today. You have to be really close to a light source for it to actually light up the area you are in, leaving the rest of the room in darkness until you move to another area... Its very strange. I do hope this isn't how it's going to be on live! It looks horrible!

I just placed 20 bright braziers and a chandelier in an area of the room, and 20 braziers on the other side, as soon as I got a couple of steps away from them, I can still see the fire from the top of them, but the area looks dark... Standing in the middle of the room, and the whole space looks dark, almost as though there is no lighting there at all!

Agreed, all houses are extremely dark now, it was much better before patch (they were dark in my opinion, but not sooo dark).
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    feyii wrote: »

When you are in Editing Mode within a house, select the crown store options in there. The crafting stations can be found unter "Workshop". You won't find them in the regular crown store UI.

I only see decorative crafting stations. Is that what they meant by "non-set crafting stations"? I thought they were adding the non-attuned crafting stations you can actually use to the crown store.
  • ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I take one look at the housing prices and this sums up my reaction...

too-damn-high.jpg?resize=676%2C459

Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
  • Jarros
    Jarros
    Wayshrine Prices STILL rising on travel to a home

Hopped on the PTS last night to check changes and to see if the wayshrine price bug was fixed.

1. Learned all the deeds for all the houses
    2. traveled to one of the homes I had not seen yet.
    3. while inside the house, opened the map and zoomed out to the zone where it was located
    4. checked price on closest wayshrine -- it was over 1000g

Now, I have no idea if this is a bug or intentional, but either way...it's ridiculously high and I can hear the uproar from players if this kinda thing goes live.

Personal opinion: traveling to a home -- either previewed or owned -- is NOT wayshrining and should not incur added costs to the wayshrine. If it is considered wayshrining -- which ZoS will need a darn good explanation to convince me of that -- then it should at least increment at the same pace as regular wayshrining.

just my 2 cents :)
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I keep seeing people request having furniture not count in inventory, make it an ESO perk, sell more bank/bag space etc. While having it not count in inventory at all would be ideal, I feel people are missing the fact that you can buy a 200 furniture "bank" by buying Humblemud for only 40,000 gold - as an example. Simply use it as a storage unit and throw your pieces in there. Need more? By another plot. It's not as bad as people are making it in my eyes. There are certainly ways it could be easier though.

Edited by Dominoid on January 24, 2017 9:47PM
  • duzhe
    duzhe
    Soul Shriven
    so, basically, if i don't finish 'A Friend in Need" quest, home goods merchants won't have anything in their inventory. is that correct?
    Edited by duzhe on January 24, 2017 10:23PM
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    duzhe wrote: »
    so, basically, if i don't finish 'A Friend in Need" quest, home goods merchants won't have anything in their inventory. is that correct?

You might need to turn off some addons to see the merchant's inventory, specifically ones that are related to inventory. I've not done the housing quest and I can see the items they have for sale.
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • thegreybetween
    thegreybetween
    ✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    ... you can buy a 200 furniture "bank" by buying Humblemud...Simply use it as a storage unit and throw your pieces in there.

First, we Argonians get "mudball" housing. We're simple people and everybody has to start somewhere, right? Then, we find out that each tier of housing is essentially a bigger mudball rather than exploring some of the other unique architectural styles related to us. Next, the forums are filled with decked-out images of manors and palaces - even quaint Breton cottages and dingy bungalows - but no shots of spruced-up Argonian homesteads or outer gardens (in spite of reports of allegedly decent yards), and most commentary on them, for those of us not on the PTR, falls into the "It's made of mud. Moving on." variety. But so flows the stream, and there is enough sun on my scales to enjoy what Homestead has in store for my egg-siblings.

But now, we discover that our cultural offering to the Player Housing system is essentially the equivalent of Tamriel's own U-Stor-It franchise ghetto - a storied residential pedigree that celebrates the likes of Hiro Protagonist, Buffalo Bill's decapitated head collection, failed garage bands of every genre, Darwin-Award-winning Meth labs, and now: The entire indigenous population of Black Marsh. This isn't what I had hoped for when reading about "class balance" ;)

Pseudo-rant aside, you make a great point about acquiring non-residential homes to offload furniture storage. But I'm looking forward to seeing people share some great thematic Argonian home designs, and I hope we have at least a brief window before the "Humblemud Meta" is just a stack of semi-useless crap behind a rusty padlocked door :p

Good times.

Brings-the-Rain - Argonian Sorcerer - Ebonheart Pact - CP278 (and steadily rising)
    Build: "lolz l2p n00b"
    Master Crafter | Werewolf | Solo PvE (so far) | ESO Plus | NA/PC via Steam

"Cool rain on your scales, friends."
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jarros wrote: »
    Personal opinion: traveling to a home -- either previewed or owned -- is NOT wayshrining and should not incur added costs to the wayshrine. If it is considered wayshrining -- which ZoS will need a darn good explanation to convince me of that -- then it should at least increment at the same pace as regular wayshrining.
    It certainly could be considered wayshrining, as it gets you to somewhere else for free. But I would much rather have the option to wayshrine out of the house for free as well, by proving the option to purchase one of those "brazier" Wayshrines as a piece of furniture.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp