The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

PTS Feedback Thread for Player Housing

• Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    In each of the two Homesteads that I bought on the PTS furnished (for 1 Crown each): even though it is possible for my PC to sit on a bench, or stool, etc., he cannot do that and also face an adjacent table. In one Homestead, there is a chair in which he cannot sit, because the seat faces the end of a table.

If two or more PCs cannot sit at a table, facing one another, and "break bread", then what is the point? The current ability to "sit" on furnishings is obviously crude and rather limited. Surely the ZOS development team can do better, can't they?

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Noisy_Cricket
    Noisy_Cricket
    Soul Shriven
    Would it be possible to make it so that we could assign which ZONE CHAT our house is tied to? I really like the houses in Bangkori, but would rather be tied in to Craglorn or Stormhaven zone chat for grouping. Just a thought!
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if someone has already mentioned this, but it is raining inside the Cyrodilic Jungle House:

Screenshot_20170205_224903.png
  • Sheyta
    Sheyta
    ✭✭✭
    Well tested pts

and the Quest was bugg lore

couldnt do the quest

Then crown store prices are way overpriced for housing

Both house prices
    and prices for items

The prices is way over the top its virtual fictional item you put a pricetag on for real money for that cash you can donate the same amount to help real people to not starve to death

This is the official feedback thread for player housing! Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    • Did you complete the initial quest to acquire your apartment? Did you run into any issues?
    • Home Previewing
      • Were you able to successfully preview a home and buy it with gold?
      • How did you preview the home? Did you do it via the Crown Store, Collections UI, or just walk up to the door?
      • Were you able to figure out how to switch between previewing a furnished/unfurnished home?
    • Furnishing Sourcing
      • Were you able to purchase and place furnishings from Achievement Furnishers?
      • Were you able to purchase furnishings from Zanil Theran the Luxury Furnisher?
      • Did you get any Undaunted Busts from dungeon bosses? If so, which one was your favorite?
    • Specialty Furnishings
      • Were you able to find the reprints of Shalidor’s Library books, place them, and read them?
      • Did you understand how to use the various light sources?
      • Were you able to sit on chairs, both in a home and throughout the world? Was it clear which chairs you could sit on?
    • Were you able to allow or restrict other players to enter your home?
    • Did you duel inside your home? How was the experience?
    • Did you like the housing-related achievements and titles?
    • Which was your favorite home, and why?
    • What did you think of the prices for each home?
    • Are you an ESO Plus member?
    • Do you have any other general feedback?

Edited by Sheyta on February 6, 2017 6:07AM
  • Noisy_Cricket
    Noisy_Cricket
    Soul Shriven
    I haven't looked at the crown prices, but the gold prices are fine (I saved up to get a large house in a week). Keep in mind that they give "$15" in crowns for every month of subscription, so a "$60" house really just means you've played and subscribed for 4 months...
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't looked at the crown prices, but the gold prices are fine (I saved up to get a large house in a week). Keep in mind that they give "$15" in crowns for every month of subscription, so a "$60" house really just means you've played and subscribed for 4 months...

Yet that is still a real cash value and should be treated as such.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    @Shadowshire
    "What can I say? It stuns me to see that ZOS evidently believes that it will be worthwhile to pay as much for a furnished Large House or Manor in Crowns -- bought with Dollars, of course -- as we paid for the base game software in Dollars, the Imperial Edition in particular. Note, too, that adding Homesteads is unlike a DLC module, and I should hope that Shadows of the Hist was not a model for future DLCs. The announced Homestead costs (according to the referenced source):"

those crown prices are exactly where i thought they would be.

High end houses priced for expectation of "group" use and purchase. Manors for maybe guild level purchases. The crown prices for those make the crown purchase vs the in game gold IMO a very reasonable option for groups - saving a lot of time compared to say solo-gold acquisition.

The lower end costs are more geared for solo play but those houses in game gold costs are so low its a dubious outlay. But if you want to avoid the time, pay the crowns.
    Edited for clarity:
    About "group use" and "guild halls": at present only one player can purchase each specific instance of a Homestead, regardless of whether the player spends Crowns or spends Gold Pieces. If the player chooses to spend GP, then one qualified character of that player can buy a specific instance of a Homestead. The player who pays for the Homestead governs who has permissions to access it, to furnish it, etc.

Unless ZOS adopts accounts for "organizations", every Homestead instance will be owned only by the specific player whose character purchased it. So, if a group of players donate Gold Pieces to buy a "guild hall", it will probably be the Guildmaster who has a character that can qualify as a buyer, regardless of whether the Gold Pieces come from the Guild's bank account. I rather doubt that any group will pay Crowns for a pre-furnished Homestead. Albeit, that is not impossible, but only one player's qualified character will be the buyer of record regardless.

correct - no joint deeds at this point.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Draider46_ESO
    Draider46_ESO
    ✭✭
    Fyaal wrote: »
    Also I am disappointed in the availability of things to craft. Master writs drop somewhat rarely (8 writs, 2 characters, no drops). On top of that, many of the master writs I got from making a template require legendary mats. LEGENDARY. Are you aware that tempering alloy are currently 10k a piece? That means a master crafting writ that require legendary mats cost up to 80k gold to complete. Absurd.

There are no basic crafting items, like a table, chair or anything that a max level woodworker should be able to make right off the bat without blueprints.

Most of the furnishing recipes are found out in the world, not from the Master Writ vendor exclusively (which has a very small number of top tier recipes). The vast majority of furnishing recipes (well over a thousand) are found in all sorts of containers throughout the world, and also from things like pickpocketing and murder, certain vendors, humanoid enemies, and some other sources in the game. Also, recipe sourcing is influenced by region so if you are in Eastmarch for example, then you will see more Nord style furniture items recipes, and if you are in Alik'r, you should see more Redguard stuff. You will still find other recipes, but the local culture's recipes will be more common.

So with that being said. What region would be for the Dunmer/Dark Elf?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fyaal wrote: »
    Also I am disappointed in the availability of things to craft. Master writs drop somewhat rarely (8 writs, 2 characters, no drops). On top of that, many of the master writs I got from making a template require legendary mats. LEGENDARY. Are you aware that tempering alloy are currently 10k a piece? That means a master crafting writ that require legendary mats cost up to 80k gold to complete. Absurd.

There are no basic crafting items, like a table, chair or anything that a max level woodworker should be able to make right off the bat without blueprints.

Most of the furnishing recipes are found out in the world, not from the Master Writ vendor exclusively (which has a very small number of top tier recipes). The vast majority of furnishing recipes (well over a thousand) are found in all sorts of containers throughout the world, and also from things like pickpocketing and murder, certain vendors, humanoid enemies, and some other sources in the game. Also, recipe sourcing is influenced by region so if you are in Eastmarch for example, then you will see more Nord style furniture items recipes, and if you are in Alik'r, you should see more Redguard stuff. You will still find other recipes, but the local culture's recipes will be more common.

So with that being said. What region would be for the Dunmer/Dark Elf?

Should be Stonefalls and Deshaan.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    for those among you interested , I released the full information listings for houses, recipes and furnitures along with 2280+ pictures (out of 2893 items) on http://eso-styles.com

further details on this other thread :
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3782475/#Comment_3782475

(NB: the site also includes a full description table and listings of all homes, recipes and furnitures with every possible details) Feel free to send me feedback or talk about this site around you
    I hope it will help the ESO "housing" community the best it can

• Sheyta
    Sheyta
    ✭✭✭
    any furnitures you dont have pics on??
    Llogwey wrote: »
    for those among you interested , I released the full information listings for houses, recipes and furnitures along with 2280+ pictures (out of 2893 items) on http://eso-styles.com

further details on this other thread :
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3782475/#Comment_3782475

(NB: the site also includes a full description table and listings of all homes, recipes and furnitures with every possible details) Feel free to send me feedback or talk about this site around you
    I hope it will help the ESO "housing" community the best it can

• Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    well if you filter my Furniture table by selecting "got picture?" No ... you'll find I miss 620 items approximatly... I published everything I have so far. Alas I don't personnaly possess all achievements and some items are lootable only... I don't have them

Bounty papers, Decoy Elder Scrolls or other remains from mobs for example still elude me... Also consider that the furniture list is datamined from the game client, so they exist in the client but they may not YET be available while gaming .. (like the Morag Tong motif book which exists already...)

If you have an item I don't have, please send me info and pic on my email (provided on the welcome page of eso-styles) or an MP here or ingame :)

Edited by Llogwey on February 9, 2017 1:10PM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't like that you can only set your "Primary Residence" as the ONLY place designated for your guildies to have access to when you are offline. This is going to discourage me from purchasing multiple homes.

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    I really don't like that you can only set your "Primary Residence" as the ONLY place designated for your guildies to have access to when you are offline. This is going to discourage me from purchasing multiple homes.
    Yeah there must be some way to address that. Since the current setup is based on a "Travel to House" option, maybe what is needed is for that selection to bring up a list of all of that player's houses which have a setting enabled for "offline access".
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol no it isnt. I wouldnt doubt you already have 2-3 crown store pre-furnished houses.

As to the actual issue, it could probabpy be done, but it would require more work than it may be worth. How many people are going to have multiple homes they put a ton of work into?
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol no it isnt. I wouldnt doubt you already have 2-3 crown store pre-furnished houses.

No, actually, I don't. Your seeming obsession with me though is a little disturbing.
    As to the actual issue, it could probabpy be done, but it would require more work than it may be worth. How many people are going to have multiple homes they put a ton of work into?

A lot of people actually. I do, in fact, have more than one home purchased with gold and since ZOS hasn't bothered to "fix" their "mistake" of not allowing you to purchase FURNISHED homes with gold they are, in fact, requiring a lot of work to fill. Most of my guild has purchased more than one house and are working diligently to decorate them nicely. As are many people in the various RP guilds with which I associate.

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was there not supposed to be an option to purchase a home furnished with gold? I swear I saw that somewhere and yet now it is eluding me.

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was there not supposed to be an option to purchase a home furnished with gold? I swear I saw that somewhere and yet now it is eluding me.
    Hmm, not that I remember. But if you find it, let me know!
  • Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭

Same here ! if you find this option, let me know I've been looking for it (and my whole guild too) for a while now without success...

• Sheyta
    Sheyta
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure ZOS read all the post :wink:
    but tried write a post here for 2 hours straight and only half my post got published??

I think buy decoration objects for crown/gold is obscure expensive.

I however like homestead

please let us set all as visitors not only friends

please let us get more redguard furniture I can send pics ;)

please more flowers

O let us pick flowers and put into our houses please

Edited by Sheyta on February 21, 2017 2:12PM
  • Sheyta
    Sheyta
    ✭✭✭

I seen that too but seem it wannished or did we dreamed ?

I use my cc to buy house my ingame gold I need :blush:
  • Detector
    Detector
    ✭✭✭✭
    BUG or ninja-fix? In Hunding's Palatial Hall was removed all starfishes and all seaweed from the beach. WTF?!