The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

All known future content

• CardboardedBox
    CardboardedBox
    ✭✭✭✭
    AdamBourke wrote: »
    Has any future stuff been datamined from clockwork city?

There doesn't seem to be as much datamined stuff this year - Is that accurate? Are less people datamining or are the devs just getting better at hiding stuff?

Nothing specific was mined, but it was confirmed in orsinium that after clockwork city there would be a daedric war.

People are also saying summerset isles are possible. Maybe the war will take place there?
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There doesn't seem to be as much datamined stuff this year - Is that accurate? Are less people datamining or are the devs just getting better at hiding stuff?

Nothing specific was mined, but it was confirmed in orsinium that after clockwork city there would be a daedric war.

People are also saying summerset isles are possible. Maybe the war will take place there?

Not official, but Summerset is most likely to be the next big area unlocked on Tamriel.
  • Sathukai
    Sathukai
    ✭✭✭
    SirAxen wrote: »

Not official, but Summerset is most likely to be the next big area unlocked on Tamriel.

I hope it's the next expansion, I've been wanting to see the rest of the Summerset Isles for the longest time.
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy thread ***. I was interested until the point reading until I saw Vvardenfell and Clockwork City. The thread is a year old.
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sathukai wrote: »

I hope it's the next expansion, I've been wanting to see the rest of the Summerset Isles for the longest time.

Very, very safe bet that it will be. I wouldn't get your expectations super high, but it's looking it will be.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Very, very safe bet that it will be. I wouldn't get your expectations super high, but it's looking it will be.

yes, multiple people wrote on the forums, that CWC questline hints that it will be Summerset isles. Similarly, as Orsinium hinted that CWC was coming
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

yes, multiple people wrote on the forums, that CWC questline hints that it will be Summerset isles. Similarly, as Orsinium hinted that CWC was coming

Summerset Isles is 110% the next chapter. Heavily hinted at in CWC.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Morrowind: 6 june ( official launch)

69 days between

Horn of the Reach: 14 august

69/70 days between

Clockwork city : 23 octobre

69 days ...

Summerset Isles : 31 December / 1st January

I don't know if i'm right, but ... if ... i would plan the the announcement for Summerset Isles the 25 december.
    ( my bad, forgot the Holidays)

But 69 day between each DLC is the equivalent of 5 DLC per year ... and they said 3 DLC + 1 chapter i'm right ?
    So, 1 DLC min every 3 month, we can except summerset before the 31 march.
    Edited by Apherius on December 20, 2017 3:38PM
  • Lucasalex92
    Lucasalex92
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Sotha Sil and Davith Fyr will be deep in it ! and Jewellery Crafting and At last 5 NEW crafting stations !
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

Summerset Isles is 110% the next chapter. Heavily hinted at in CWC.

I wonder if there will be updated elven architectures? Perhaps reflecting the different Altmer Kinhouses of The Summerset Mainland?
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also look forward to new Elven Motifs ( this one really wants a Psyjic Motif :wink: ) and newer elven furnishings.
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Murkmire more likely to be the next chapter. Been in the works since launch of the game can't see it being pushed back even longer for a much more recent hint at a new location.

Besides Clockwork was hinted at the end of Orsinium and we just got that.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Murkmire more likely to be the next chapter. Been in the works since launch of the game can't see it being pushed back even longer for a much more recent hint at a new location.

Yeah but Summerset Isles is significantly larger and has way more lore/content that can be offered to us. Since Spellcrafting is also on its way next chapter and there’s a lot of magic stuff as well as Psijics in the Summerset Isles.... well it fits very well for the highly teased chapter. Not to say there isn’t a very small chance of getting Murkmire instead as a chapter.....

Murkmire is probably gonna be Q4 2018.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »

69 days between

69/70 days between

69 days ...

I don't know if i'm right, but ... if ... i would plan the the announcement for Summerset Isles the 25 december.

But 69 day between each DLC is the equivalent of 5 DLC per year ... and they said 3 DLC + 1 chapter i'm right ?

I'd actually put Summerset isles a bit later in the year. Because from the size it is more likely to be a "Expansion" and not a DLC.

I'd guess we get another DLC first, maybe in January or February, and then Summerset will come in Mai / June, followed by 2 more DLC's later in 2018

Looking forward to more informations about that, hopefully end of December
    Edited by SaintSubwayy on December 20, 2017 1:54PM
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

69 days between

69/70 days between

69 days ...

nothing against your maths, BUT.....
    nobody works over the Holidays just to make a new DLC in the pipe
    nobody works just the maintain the PTS
    nobody works around New Year to make you happy and their families angry

so take a beer or a glass of wine and relax ;))
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

69 days between

69/70 days between

69 days ...

I'd actually put Summerset isles a bit later in the year. Because from the size it is more likely to be a "Expansion" and not a DLC.

I'd guess we get another DLC first, maybe in January or February, and then Summerset will come in Mai / June, followed by 2 more DLC's later in 2018

Looking forward to more informations about that, hopefully end of December

The spacing of time gap between each DLC or chapter release is fine. It's definitely forward progress and what maintains the continuance of such a massive and expansive game. However, with each new DLC released and installed, with it also brings the bugs and other technical issues that deteriorate the enjoyment and quality of the game. I'm not going to go back beyond One Tamriel, but with One Tamriel, Morrowind, and particularly CWC and whatever else in between, the game has been a constant and repetitive fiasco of bugs and whatever other technical issues causing extensive period of *** poor gameplay and less-than-favorable experience. I guess we are going have to brace for whatever bugs and issues that will come with whatever DLC that is pending to be released in the not-so-distant horizon.

Sorry to be that guy, or that party pooper, but it just has been reality, and the truth sucks. The other reality is.. how can someone be so excited for future contents of ESO when every single previous and current contents have been and is still being plagued by bugs and other technical issues? Sure, those comments or the likes by trolls or whatnot such as, "Hey, if you don't this game, then, don't play it," perhaps, it's actually something one have to accept. Maybe those that have been trolling with, "Oh, this is game fine," or "This game has never been better" are onto something. Perhaps one would have to instill such a self-conscious denial in order to keep going with this game. Quite sad, really..
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought Murkmire would make all of the Argonian lore fans happy? It would help bridge the gap between Argonia and Cyrodiil. That being said, I want to see Skingrad! Would Count Janus Halsildor be alive during this time? The intrigue would be interesting.

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vanthras79 wrote: »
    I thought Murkmire would make all of the Argonian lore fans happy? It would help bridge the gap between Argonia and Cyrodiil. That being said, I want to see Skingrad! Would Count Janus Halsildor be alive during this time? The intrigue would be interesting.

Khajiit would love to see Elweyr, her homeland
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spellcrafting on an expansion? That would make huge unbalance among those who have and don't have that content. For sure that will not happen.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »
    Spellcrafting on an expansion? That would make huge unbalance among those who have and don't have that content. For sure that will not happen.

true, spellcrafting should be part of a base game update, not a dlc update, only for those who buy it
    same as transmog or jewelry crafting (hopefully coming also one day)
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

true, spellcrafting should be part of a base game update, not a dlc update, only for those who buy it

Poisoncrafting introduced with Dark Brotherhood was base-game too
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Radinyn wrote: »

Poisoncrafting introduced with Dark Brotherhood was base-game too

yes
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is spellcrafting? Short explanation please.
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah but Summerset Isles is significantly larger and has way more lore/content that can be offered to us. Since Spellcrafting is also on its way next chapter and there’s a lot of magic stuff as well as Psijics in the Summerset Isles.... well it fits very well for the highly teased chapter. Not to say there isn’t a very small chance of getting Murkmire instead as a chapter.....

Is Murkmire not a big enough to be a chapter? I'm just speculating that each chapter will be larger zones, I'd rather see Summerset personally at this point due to them scrapping Murkmire as Craglorn 2.0. But anything that brings a lengthy chunk of content is welcome
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is Murkmire not a big enough to be a chapter? I'm just speculating that each chapter will be larger zones, I'd rather see Summerset personally at this point due to them scrapping Murkmire as Craglorn 2.0. But anything that brings a lengthy chunk of content is welcome

Murkmire is essentially Orsinium-sized based on datamining. Summerset Isles *should* be about the size of Vvardenfell, but until ZOS releases their “Year Ahead” for 2018 we won’t be able to say anything for sure.

It’s surprising though how long they’ve held off Murkmire. At least we can visit the zone a bit in Ruins of Mazzatun and during a quest near the end of the Dark Brotherhood skill line lol.
  • Lucasalex92
    Lucasalex92
    ✭✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »
    What is spellcrafting? Short explanation please.

way of crafting spells ... lol
  • WatchYourSixx
    WatchYourSixx
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL @Lucasalex92

@Octopuss Spellcrafting was displayed way back in 2014 as a pretty decently fleshed out feature, but they're weren't fully ready to implement it. It was a system where you would go and collect fragments of a spell, and once you know that word or whatever you can use it on any kind of spell you want when you craft it. So if I wanted a ranged fireball spammable, I should be able to craft one with spellcrafting.

Of course this would be a major overhaul of the current skills system and I'm not sure how they would implement it. But I also didn't think they would do what they did with Morrowind Soo your guess is as good as mine.
    The only thing to fear is, fear itself. - FDR

CP 800
    PC NA

- Maximus the Marksman (AD) Temp
    - Rex the Unstoppable Force (DC) DK
    - Sodor Dragonfire (DC) DK
    - Masha'Dar Shadow-Paw (DC) NB
    - Magnus the Mage (DC) Sorc
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep hopelessly wishing Elsweyr will be featured here. It's been constantly talked about in the games but never shown.

Behind that I'm waiting for Murkmire. Kinda frustrating that they showed off concepts for the place years ago yet keep releasing other content instead. They already have all the assets imaginable for the place, the small area of Blackwood you see during the Dark Brotherhood questline is an example, as well as Ruins of Mazzatun. Maybe they just haven't found a good place in the game's timeline to place us going there yet.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Murkmire is essentially Orsinium-sized based on datamining. Summerset Isles *should* be about the size of Vvardenfell, but until ZOS releases their “Year Ahead” for 2018 we won’t be able to say anything for sure.

It’s surprising though how long they’ve held off Murkmire. At least we can visit the zone a bit in Ruins of Mazzatun and during a quest near the end of the Dark Brotherhood skill line lol.

Fair enough. I'd like to see Murkmire come into the game like Craglorn did though, not necessarily in two parts but with 3 separate trials. Make a "chapter" feel like it's worth the 40 dollar price tag. Morrowind was a let down, didn't bring me back to the game like I was hoping. Kinda just lurking waiting for this next chapter before I decide ESO is no longer the game I wanna spend my gaming hours on anymore.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LOL @Lucasalex92

@Octopuss Spellcrafting was displayed way back in 2014 as a pretty decently fleshed out feature, but they're weren't fully ready to implement it. It was a system where you would go and collect fragments of a spell, and once you know that word or whatever you can use it on any kind of spell you want when you craft it. So if I wanted a ranged fireball spammable, I should be able to craft one with spellcrafting.

Of course this would be a major overhaul of the current skills system and I'm not sure how they would implement it. But I also didn't think they would do what they did with Morrowind Soo your guess is as good as mine.

Another reason is the Game Lead who developed Spellcrafting left ZoS in spring of 2015... ( We Miss You Konke!!!)
    Here is the video for it @Octopuss so you can see it.
    Also I LOVE reposting this so ZoS remembers that it is still there!!! Lol...
    Starts at 52:53....Huzzah!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jk7LrLgRfg&index=80&t=4875s&list=PLgAMhJBJInPdFMVCMfT-N_OEeaUK9YLuH

Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)