The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

All known future content

• Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's incredible that this very misleading information about spellcrafting still hasn't been amended.

https://wccftech.com/elder-scrolls-online-interview-looking-ahead-with-game-director-matt-firor/
    Okay. I guess the same thing could be said about spell crafting?

Same thing. With spell crafting we actually got in enough to start seeing how it worked, we didn’t like the design so much and it was going to be more work than we thought to get it to launch so we kind of put it aside to do Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, One Tamriel, housing etc.

But it will come eventually, it’s just further out.

The game director - that's Matt Firor - has said that they don't like the original design that was revealed / datamined. That's a very good indication that if it's ever implemented, it won't be like that.

This is not a minor detail.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AdamBourke wrote: »
    Has any future stuff been datamined from clockwork city?

There doesn't seem to be as much datamined stuff this year - Is that accurate? Are less people datamining or are the devs just getting better at hiding stuff?

Nothing specific was mined, but it was confirmed in orsinium that after clockwork city there would be a daedric war.

People are also saying summerset isles are possible. Maybe the war will take place there?

The Prophet at the end of Orsinium said that the next expansion would be Clockwork City, and he was close (you go to CWC as part of the Morrowind story). The Daedric war he mentions starts in Morrowind. A similar piece of dialogue at the end of CWC says you'll be going to Summerset next. Seems pretty likely that it's going to happen.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on December 21, 2017 6:09AM
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »

Same thing. With spell crafting we actually got in enough to start seeing how it worked, we didn’t like the design so much and it was going to be more work than we thought to get it to launch so we kind of put it aside to do Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, One Tamriel, housing etc.

But it will come eventually, it’s just further out.

With the somewhat recent and conspiratorially intriguing mention that spellcrafting isn't dead yet! combined with the statement you quoted above showing that everything Matt listed which was to come before spellcrafting has now, finally, been implemented, my mind can only negotiate one highly recurring thought: Spellcrafting will likely cross the threshold into Elder Scrolls Online reality sometime in 2018. :|

However, if within this redesign I do not get to chase a floating ball across Tamriel that jettisons me into old runic classrooms where I can rub out imprints of full or partial crafted spells to append to a super magical-looking book of beautifully drawn incantations, I'm definitely going to be more than a little sad.

• OolongSnakeTea
    OolongSnakeTea
    ✭✭✭✭
    :'( Anyone got a thread like this to keep us up to date on the cool stuffs?

What happened to the mount races?

(yes super necro'd this thread)
    "I try to create sympathy for my characters, then turn the monsters loose."– Stephen King

• Bekkael
    Bekkael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool thread. It's interesting looking back and seeing everything that was added. And some other interesting things that still may be added in the future, like spellcrafting. I loved it so much in TES IV: Oblivion, and it would be great to see something similar here. ♥
    ~~ Lady Gamer ~~ ♥ ~~ Xbox NA ~~
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thinking parts of Skyrim are going to be coming into the game soon....

Daedric Realm would be awesome!
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Vaoh always had some cool threads.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bekkael based on the skill audits which are standardizing damage/healing values, it’d seem that part of the intention would be to pave the way for spellcrafting (which would ofc use those same standardized values to be balanced). Still speculation at this point but seems logical especially for a Skyrim-based chapter which has been lowkey hinted already. I want spellcrafting like we had in Oblivion too... I could make a ice mage rp build

@D0PAMINE thanks lol. I still look at the forums sometimes. My last thread was actually recent, I posted 2mil tel var stone results in September. Besides that it’s been since summer 2018 I had posted. I accomplished what I wanted to and am not a fan of the combat balance overtime so my eso time is way less these days. I miss homestead. plus when scalebreaker came out... yikes. My hopes for dragonhold (I’m on console) aren’t that high rn either
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    @Bekkael based on the skill audits which are standardizing damage/healing values, it’d seem that part of the intention would be to pave the way for spellcrafting (which would ofc use those same standardized values to be balanced). Still speculation at this point but seems logical especially for a Skyrim-based chapter which has been lowkey hinted already. I want spellcrafting like we had in Oblivion too... I could make a ice mage rp build

@D0PAMINE thanks lol. I still look at the forums sometimes. My last thread was actually recent, I posted 2mil tel var stone results in September. Besides that it’s been since summer 2018 I had posted. I accomplished what I wanted to and am not a fan of the combat balance overtime so my eso time is way less these days. I miss homestead. plus when scalebreaker came out... yikes. My hopes for dragonhold (I’m on console) aren’t that high rn either

I hear ya man. You were one of the people that got me into soloing, but the high from it wears off quick. Your vCoS solo was insane a few years back.