Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A normal day for a ganker

• pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    and I know all 3 guys you ganked that whispered you, lmao

and they are far from satly salt people, normally
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
    Options
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    We've edited several posts that included images or video of vulgar language or naming and shaming of other players. While we do tolerate a fair amount of trash-talk in the Alliance War forums, we do expect you to adhere to our forum rules.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is a good example of how, in this community, it's sometimes not what you do that's important, but who you are.
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_DaryaK wrote: »
    We've edited several posts that included images or video of vulgar language or naming and shaming of other players. While we do tolerate a fair amount of trash-talk in the Alliance War forums, we do expect you to adhere to our forum rules.

Glad to see you acknowledging that forum rules have (at least) two different standards of interpretation.

Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToxicPAWS wrote: »
    Why people hate Gankers? They claim it takes no skill, well i disagree, it does take skill for a successful kill and the getting out alive. No everyone wants to be Dueling.
    So take the death with pride that you got GANKED and move on.

confirmed lover of "gankers" here...I've said it a bunch of times before - they add a level of suspense and excitement to cyro and IC that's no where else in this game...

totally appreciate the playstyle and skill it requires to be successful - heck, even if you suck at it, I still appreciate you trying...

when there's a little down time at a keep or outpost - love to go looking for them...they're usually not that hard to find...

I build to stay standing in pvp...unless someone gets me on my horse - gankers aren't much an issue in my experience...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    This thread is a good example of how, in this community, it's sometimes not what you do that's important, but who you are.

lol that is a very good point.

Another example:

A friend of mine ran a Reactive Templar about 8 months ago and a popular streamer happened to bump in to him. This streamer couldn't kill him and ended up walking away, apparently the chat was full of abuse claiming him to be a noob, cancer etc etc for running such a build.

More recently, another streamer started running the same core build and the chat was full of praise, rejoicing in the fact that he was almost invincible.

Obviously there would've been different viewers present but the polar opposite mentalities of the two is funny.
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I very rarely get whispers when ganking. Granted I haven't done it regularly since before 1T. I imagine if I used proc sets other than sheer venom I'd hear more about it.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
    Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    pead wrote: »
    thats one of the guys who cried

Busted viper proc from range + cheap ultimate that does 12K to insta kill an unaware opponent is not something I would advertise for the world to see about my skill level in ESO PvP.

But that's just MHO.

viper proced from incap.

Edited to remove quoted content that was removed.

That somehow makes it better?.........
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    You know why gankers get no respect? Its because you hide and given an opponent that can react to your attempt without dying you run away.

Especially now with over tuned proc sets, there is nothing fair fight about it. The fact that some enjoy killing players without the other players being able to react is bothersome to a lot of people

Is there such a thing as a fair fight at all in Cyrodiil, where every single fight can be won by just bringing overwhelming numbers? At the very least ganking lets a solo player do something other than feed the zergs AP.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
    Options
  • MoeCoastie
    MoeCoastie
    ✭✭✭
    Killing someone unaware takes a very small amount of skill but killing someone with procs takes even less skill so yeah, they're correct in that respect.

how much skill does it take to be aware in a pvp zone?
    Options
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh if you run radiant magelight on your travel bar and have over 24k HP the gankers seem to just disappear from Cyrodiil (because they see you as a difficult target and don't attack you). Although you'll still find some of the less seasoned gankers willing to attack you and eat a death. Otherwise, be a victim if it doesn't bother you.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
    Options
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kutsuu wrote: »
    Meh if you run radiant magelight on your travel bar and have over 24k HP the gankers seem to just disappear from Cyrodiil (because they see you as a difficult target and don't attack you). Although you'll still find some of the less seasoned gankers willing to attack you and eat a death. Otherwise, be a victim if it doesn't bother you.

See if I see a group of three 26k Magplars cp561 standing around I will try and gank one of them and get away, cause that's a challenge, who cares if I die? I doubt anyone thinks it's difficult to gank a 20k HP even if there is a zerg right there.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

Options
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    Kutsuu wrote: »

See if I see a group of three 26k Magplars cp561 standing around I will try and gank one of them and get away, cause that's a challenge, who cares if I die? I doubt anyone thinks it's difficult to gank a 20k HP even if there is a zerg right there.

If they're at the keyboard and attentive, that gank largely goes like this: Heavy attack hits them for 5-6k crit and does not stun them, ambush hits for the usual 3-5k, and they block your incap for 3-4k while block casting a heal to recover. From there it's a gank build with no ultimate vs a prepared and full life opponent who isn't a one trick pony. All I'm saying is you are likely to eat a death. Personally I'm not going to let you run away at that point, but maybe someone else will so you're right that you could get away. I pick my targets when I'm out ganking. The only time I'll attack a radiant magelight user with that much HP is if they're sprinting on their horse and I'm banking on the unbreakable dismount stun.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
    Options
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    God_flakes wrote: »
    If this was last night try to remember something like 99.99% of the player base is wasted on Friday nights and everyone is smack talking and hate telling. It reminds me of Good Mythical Morning's Nerd-v-Geek rap battle. :joy:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2Tvy_Pbe5NA

OMFG
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't hate gankers, but this patch ZOS in their infinite idiocy handed all of the invisible sharks tactical nuclear weapons. It's too much at this point and it needs to be toned down.

If you manage to survive a gank attempt, the ganker is most likely bad. The good ones tear you apart and you don't get a chance at counterplay or to do anything other than to decide where to respawn.

Someone, somewhere is playing an interactive video game, and if Its not me or you, then what is the point of paying for this?
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know why gankers get no respect? Its because you hide and given an opponent that can react to your attempt without dying you run away.

Especially now with over tuned proc sets, there is nothing fair fight about it. The fact that some enjoy killing players without the other players being able to react is bothersome to a lot of people

Is there such a thing as a fair fight at all in Cyrodiil, where every single fight can be won by just bringing overwhelming numbers? At the very least ganking lets a solo player do something other than feed the zergs AP.

And the resulting logic is gankers preferably killing solo players who are not ganking themselves (because in that case they´d be invisible aswell).

I´m sorry but i can´t get behind that - in my opinion that´s a pretty freaking idiotic.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • joe.smith21b14_ESO
    joe.smith21b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Killing someone unaware takes a very small amount of skill but killing someone with procs takes even less skill so yeah, they're correct in that respect.

Your right ganking a group of 4- 8 people under 2 min takes no skill.
    Teach me senpai
    Smiff
    Options
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your right ganking a group of 4- 8 people under 2 min takes no skill.
    Teach me senpai
    My point never touched on wiping groups, just killing solo players which the OP's pics (before they were removed) related to.
    Options
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

And the resulting logic is gankers preferably killing solo players who are not ganking themselves (because in that case they´d be invisible aswell).

I´m sorry but i can´t get behind that - in my opinion that´s a pretty freaking idiotic.

That's the game ZOS has created: zerg or gank. I'm not a big fan of it myself (I mostly duel these days), but you can't fault the players for ZOS' bad decisions.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
    Options
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decent.
    Options
  • felinith66
    felinith66
    ✭✭✭
    What's funny is most gankers whine like a *** when u gank them in return :D
    Options
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's the game ZOS has created: zerg or gank. I'm not a big fan of it myself (I mostly duel these days), but you can't fault the players for ZOS' bad decisions.

Oddly enough, my group have mockingly identified two types of playstyles now: "gank" or "tank".
    Options
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eric Cartman? Is that you?
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oddly enough, my group have mockingly identified two types of playstyles now: "gank" or "tank".

Which is funny as gankers can´t kill tanks.
    Tanks can´t kill other tanks.
    Gankers won´t kill other gankers most of the time (no see no kill here).
    Tanks will hardly kill gankers.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Alucardo wrote: »
    You know the funny thing? For the most part, they're right

Yeah, i can't duel on a gank setup, you are right. ://

You're also wearing proc sets, and ganking doesn't take much skill (in most situations).

Something like this is a different story..

Bhqk22w.png

I dont wear any procsets and i still 1-2 bang People...
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
    Options
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which is funny as gankers can´t kill tanks.
    Tanks can´t kill other tanks.
    Gankers won´t kill other gankers most of the time (no see no kill here).
    Tanks will hardly kill gankers.

Thankfully many of the "tanks" are wearing heavy armor with only 23-25k hp. They're gankable in most cases. However I know the builds you are referring to are the guys who build their characters purely with the intention of surviving and zero thought towards actually being able to kill anyone. I run into a lot of builds like this with 40k HP and can't even tickle my glass cannon 18k HP NB, sometimes because they don't even have a damage ability on their hotbars - literally everything based on survival.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
    Options
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care if people call it non-skill, I love to gank :) I enjoy when they message me after they die, it just lets me know when I did it the right way :)

Yesterday I was in TF sneaking up on my target, I was getting ready to move in for the kill. I marked him and then.. BAMM! I got ganked :)

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

Options
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nowadays I actually enjoy fighting gankers, and will (try) to compliment people I see that can take me down when I'm not getting incapped from my horse.

Build: TankDK, 29kHP, Standard proctank setup (Brose, Viper, Tremor. Helm off and tabard on to hide the ugly AD look)

Generally fights go one of three ways:

1. Predicted gank.
    -I'm trolling around the bridge, either playing the lute or watching squishier allies. Either pop block or see an ally get hit with an incap.
    -Immediate stun or chains (reverb or shielded assault) into talons.
    -Pierce to apply debuffs and hit with procs and heroic slash. Reapply talons because the NB is going to try and roll away with shuffle. Probably charge after them again to not let them get away.
    -Shield, vigor, pierce again. Most gankers are into execute range now.
    -Reverse slash shield, and charge until dead. Reapply buffs and heals as needed to help keep my stamina up.(Igneous shield, volitile/hardended armor, Igneous weapons)
    -Dawnbreaker or Spell shield as needed to restore resources or finish the fight. (Been looking into Onslaught however)
    -Most of the time my cancer cancels out theirs, and they either run (win for me) or die (also a win)

2. Unexpected gank
    -As 1 or in the field. I'm not on my horse, but not expecting to get hit.
    -Shield, vigor, shield again.
    -Attack with proc combo to try and scare the player. As it should chunk their health. Possibly pop a basic health or stamina potion.
    -TAlons, roll out, heal, stun.
    -At this point the attacker will either stealth to attempt a new incap, or chase/pressure me. If they stealth the fight is reset into a normal duel with me at a resource disadvantage, if they don't then I'll normally try and run them out of stamina with talons while focusong in keeping myself alive/blocking for ulti.
    -With hope, I've survived long enough to get assistance from a nearby ally or reset the fight. If so, see #1.
    -About 50/50 depending on the nightblade. Basically anything the NB uses can tip this fight in their favor.

3. Unlucky gank
    -The attacker has a triple proc build and resource poisons.
    -Well, I lost 20k+ health on the alpha strike and my healing is gimped from incap. My only real recourse is to spam shield and pray that someone can help, because this particular ganker knows exactly what they are doing.
    -Compliment the attacker with whispers for a well-done gank, warn my group, wait for a revive. Plan revenge.

--

And before any comments about playing a cancer build (Seriously, I know. I don't care.) I'd just run something like Knight-Errant/Hundlings/ Spriggens + Engine Guardian/Blood Spawn for more weapon damage/sustain. Or my Blood Spawn/Dragon Guard PvE set alongside Onslaught for tankiness + rapid ult generation for my burst attacks. Procs just make it easier to burst, is all.

---

Also, the best counter to my build are Heavy Maghealers (Proper saptanks and Magtemplars). Right now I'm invested into burst and durability, so anyone that can get a strong heal off will win a protracted fight against me. Thankfully magplars tend to die to good NBs, making a fairly good balance in cyro (Burst > Sustain > Tank > Burst)
    Edited by Jamini on December 5, 2016 5:54PM
    "Adapt. or Die."
    Options
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    I don't care if people call it non-skill, I love to gank :) I enjoy when they message me after they die, it just lets me know when I did it the right way :)

Yesterday I was in TF sneaking up on my target, I was getting ready to move in for the kill. I marked him and then.. BAMM! I got ganked :)

Want some advice?

Don't use mark.
    Options
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jamini wrote: »
    Nowadays I actually enjoy fighting gankers, and will (try) to compliment people I see that can take me down when I'm not getting incapped from my horse.

Build: TankDK, 29kHP, Standard proctank setup (Brose, Viper, Tremor. Helm off and tabard on to hide the ugly AD look)

Generally fights go one of three ways:

1. Predicted gank.
    -I'm trolling around the bridge, either playing the lute or watching squishier allies. Either pop block or see an ally get hit with an incap.
    -Immediate stun or chains (reverb or shielded assault) into talons.
    -Pierce to apply debuffs and hit with procs and heroic slash. Reapply talons because the NB is going to try and roll away with shuffle. Probably charge after them again to not let them get away.
    -Shield, vigor, pierce again. Most gankers are into execute range now.
    -Reverse slash shield, and charge until dead. Reapply buffs and heals as needed to help keep my stamina up.(Igneous shield, volitile/hardended armor, Igneous weapons)
    -Dawnbreaker or Spell shield as needed to restore resources or finish the fight. (Been looking into Onslaught however)
    -Most of the time my cancer cancels out theirs, and they either run (win for me) or die (also a win)

2. Unexpected gank
    -As 1 or in the field. I'm not on my horse, but not expecting to get hit.
    -Shield, vigor, shield again.
    -Attack with proc combo to try and scare the player. As it should chunk their health. Possibly pop a basic health or stamina potion.
    -TAlons, roll out, heal, stun.
    -At this point the attacker will either stealth to attempt a new incap, or chase/pressure me. If they stealth the fight is reset into a normal duel with me at a resource disadvantage, if they don't then I'll normally try and run them out of stamina with talons while focusong in keeping myself alive/blocking for ulti.
    -With hope, I've survived long enough to get assistance from a nearby ally or reset the fight. If so, see #1.
    -About 50/50 depending on the nightblade. Basically anything the NB uses can tip this fight in their favor.

3. Unlucky gank
    -The attacker has a triple proc build and resource poisons.
    -Well, I lost 20k+ health on the alpha strike and my healing is gimped from incap. My only real recourse is to spam shield and pray that someone can help, because this particular ganker knows exactly what they are doing.
    -Compliment the attacker with whispers for a well-done gank, warn my group, wait for a revive. Plan revenge.

--

And before any comments about playing a cancer build (Seriously, I know. I don't care.) I'd just run something like Knight-Errant/Hundlings/ Spriggens + Engine Guardian/Blood Spawn for more weapon damage/sustain. Or my Blood Spawn/Dragon Guard PvE set alongside Onslaught for tankiness + rapid ult generation for my burst attacks. Procs just make it easier to burst, is all.

---

Also, the best counter to my build are Heavy Maghealers (Proper saptanks and Magtemplars). Right now I'm invested into burst and durability, so anyone that can get a strong heal off will win a protracted fight against me. Thankfully magplars tend to die to good NBs, making a fairly good balance in cyro (Burst > Sustain > Tank > Burst)

Interesting perspective. The triple proc builds require DW and aren't as dangerous as some other options... a proper heavy armor ganker only uses 1 proc set (Selene or Velidreth) and combines Clever Alchemist back bar with a Spriggan Maul. They could use weapon power potions and go DW/bow, but that really limits options out of stealth.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
    Options