Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A normal day for a ganker

• joe.smith21b14_ESO
    joe.smith21b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Kutsuu wrote: »
    KisoValley wrote: »
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    I don't care if people call it non-skill, I love to gank :) I enjoy when they message me after they die, it just lets me know when I did it the right way :)

Yesterday I was in TF sneaking up on my target, I was getting ready to move in for the kill. I marked him and then.. BAMM! I got ganked :)

Want some advice?

Don't use mark.

Why is that?

This was a topic of discussion the other day in TF. I was on my healer and every time I start to leave Ash, some ganker got me and then disappeared. I was not the only victim, almost everyone who left Ash solo got ganked.

I got in zone chat and asked if any NBs knew what pierce marking was, someone replied "yes", and I said "learn to use it". Then a few people said using mark target was a waste of a skill slot. I then hopped on my NB and helped kill 3 NBs after I marked them.

So tell me why I should not mark them? I am guessing because it is an indication that they are about to get ganked? I've saved many lives using it.

Try gank someone with a double digit iq after marking them first. You'll fail.

I'm not talking about zerging and marking enemy NBs for the zerg to run over. I'm talking about using it as a ganker.

This is 100% correct. Any time I am marked, I am instantly holding block and block casting my buffs. It's one of the biggest "noob ganker" mistakes that I see out there.

Radiant Magelight is much better for countering stealth overall. It's your source of Empower without having to Ambush first, it can be used to hunt people who are currently in crouch without first spotting them like you need to do with Mark. It's simply a more dynamic and powerful skill.

I use mark once in a while but it's not for Nb's it's for that major fracture but lately I just use that 2h ulti I mean why do I need major fracture when I can't just bypass all the physical resistances. Am I right.

If you're using the 2h ult, then you are stam and should have surprise attack for your fracture... That ult only bypasses resists for that SINGLE attack. It doesn't bypass it for subsequent attacks.
    God_flakes wrote: »
    Darnathian wrote: »
    I don't care if people call it non-skill, I love to gank :) I enjoy when they message me after they die, it just lets me know when I did it the right way :)

Yesterday I was in TF sneaking up on my target, I was getting ready to move in for the kill. I marked him and then.. BAMM! I got ganked :)

Want some advice?

Don't use mark.

Why is that?

This was a topic of discussion the other day in TF. I was on my healer and every time I start to leave Ash, some ganker got me and then disappeared. I was not the only victim, almost everyone who left Ash solo got ganked.

I got in zone chat and asked if any NBs knew what pierce marking was, someone replied "yes", and I said "learn to use it". Then a few people said using mark target was a waste of a skill slot. I then hopped on my NB and helped kill 3 NBs after I marked them.

So tell me why I should not mark them? I am guessing because it is an indication that they are about to get ganked? I've saved many lives using it.

He was replying to your comment about ganking. If you use mark you warn them. They have time to go on defensive. Will only work on potatoes.

Correct. It's a pretty worthless skill. I am in 7 pcs light and fairly easy for skilled gankers to one piece. If they mark me it's over, I've never been killed after being marked.

Piercing mark is the best anti-nightblade/stealth skill in the game. You don't use it before trying to jump someone you use it on other Nightblades and classes trying to run and hide

Piercing mark shuts down invis pots, cloak, and stealth it's such a huge advantage. no one can hide from
    You once marked..it's a game changer against Stam blades

As long as you keep within 12m when someone is running, Radiant is just a more versatile ability due to the reasons I explained in my last reply - I wouldn't consider Mark over Radiant (or keeping both) on a stamblade. I can see Mark as being extremely valuable to a staff/staff magicka nightblade since it is also your easiest source of spell resist debuff, though, and you can't always guarantee you'll be close enough to keep them out of stealth with radiant magelight... plus you might be running inner light for magicka.

I knew there would be at least one person to say use sa but I use concealed weapon on my stam blade and before you go and say I'm doin it wrong trust me bruh I got this. And also I know the 2h is only good for the first attack but it's all I need.

Lol you're certainly not the first to use concealed on a stam build - we know why you're using it. And no it's not because Sribes invented it. haha.

I was ganking way before sribes started to. Didn't you notice I have a beta name. Also the fastest ninja in the game no one beats my speed.

Guessing you didn't catch the extreme level of sarcasm in that statement, which is understandable because text. Lots of us were ganking long before he started playing a NB. I've got my monkey, but didn't join this cesspool for a while. Still kinda regret joining. I don't know why I read/post here. lol

Ive been ganking day 1 since console release. Pc players ganked before me but it doesnt really matter. Dedicated gankers all have there own styles and have tried them all. I found what i liked just like everyone else.

My all time favorite ganker on pc is kerviz. He was real laid back, im sad he doesnt play anymore. Current favorite on pc is probably smiff because he makes entertaining videos and genuinely presents himself as a nice guy. I personally dislike sribes, i find his videos toxic and crude.

There are not many console players i know of that purely gank. As a ganker you dont really run into other gankers because were always on opposite sides of the map.

I know of many forum ganks though. :)

p.s Smiff. You may be faster but i got more style. ;)

Appreciate it bud and I know you do.
    Smiff
    Options
  • joe.smith21b14_ESO
    joe.smith21b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Want some advice?

Don't use mark.

Why is that?

Try gank someone with a double digit iq after marking them first. You'll fail.

I'm not talking about zerging and marking enemy NBs for the zerg to run over. I'm talking about using it as a ganker.

This is 100% correct. Any time I am marked, I am instantly holding block and block casting my buffs. It's one of the biggest "noob ganker" mistakes that I see out there.

Radiant Magelight is much better for countering stealth overall. It's your source of Empower without having to Ambush first, it can be used to hunt people who are currently in crouch without first spotting them like you need to do with Mark. It's simply a more dynamic and powerful skill.

I use mark once in a while but it's not for Nb's it's for that major fracture but lately I just use that 2h ulti I mean why do I need major fracture when I can't just bypass all the physical resistances. Am I right.

If you're using the 2h ult, then you are stam and should have surprise attack for your fracture... That ult only bypasses resists for that SINGLE attack. It doesn't bypass it for subsequent attacks.
    God_flakes wrote: »
    Darnathian wrote: »

Want some advice?

Don't use mark.

Why is that?

He was replying to your comment about ganking. If you use mark you warn them. They have time to go on defensive. Will only work on potatoes.

Correct. It's a pretty worthless skill. I am in 7 pcs light and fairly easy for skilled gankers to one piece. If they mark me it's over, I've never been killed after being marked.

Piercing mark is the best anti-nightblade/stealth skill in the game. You don't use it before trying to jump someone you use it on other Nightblades and classes trying to run and hide

Piercing mark shuts down invis pots, cloak, and stealth it's such a huge advantage. no one can hide from
    You once marked..it's a game changer against Stam blades

As long as you keep within 12m when someone is running, Radiant is just a more versatile ability due to the reasons I explained in my last reply - I wouldn't consider Mark over Radiant (or keeping both) on a stamblade. I can see Mark as being extremely valuable to a staff/staff magicka nightblade since it is also your easiest source of spell resist debuff, though, and you can't always guarantee you'll be close enough to keep them out of stealth with radiant magelight... plus you might be running inner light for magicka.

I knew there would be at least one person to say use sa but I use concealed weapon on my stam blade and before you go and say I'm doin it wrong trust me bruh I got this. And also I know the 2h is only good for the first attack but it's all I need.

Lol you're certainly not the first to use concealed on a stam build - we know why you're using it. And no it's not because Sribes invented it. haha.

I was ganking way before sribes started to. Didn't you notice I have a beta name. Also the fastest ninja in the game no one beats my speed.

Guessing you didn't catch the extreme level of sarcasm in that statement, which is understandable because text. Lots of us were ganking long before he started playing a NB. I've got my monkey, but didn't join this cesspool for a while. Still kinda regret joining. I don't know why I read/post here. lol

I got ya bud
    Smiff
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why I read/post here. lol

@Kutsuu - not trying to blow sunshine up your skirt - but, you're one of the most informative, articulate and most importantly objective posters i've run across...

don't worry about fighting any battles here...do it in the game...and, please keep sharing the knowledge :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options