ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

Options
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, but maybe....
    Galwylin wrote: »
    In the end, if you don't think you're going to get what you want in them then can't you just stop wanting it?

Hey man, good morning! Thanks for the cordial and interesting response. I get where you are coming from, you make a lot of good points. I don't agree with them, but rather than a break-down of each I'll simply say that we have a difference of opinion.

I was especially drawn to the sentence in your post that I highlighted. I would have to reply with a 'No.' Of course disappointment fades in time, but that's not really the same thing. Interesting thought, though.

The problem with arguing with a jackass is that they never stop braying.
    #DwemerLife
    Options
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, 1 - 3
    I had 500 crowns so I bought 1 to see what I would get got crap and won't buy them again.I find it ridiculous that they had a maintenance on for this but not fix the log out issue on consoles yet That's should had been a bigger priority then this.
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No & will never!
    alexkdd99 wrote: »
    Watch deltia latest video on YouTube, this whole thing is a total ripoff!

No it is random. I opened 30 and got 2 apex, almost all legendary plus 240 gems.

Just like EVERYTHING in the game, it is random.

I am extremely happy with my purchase and am glad it came from crates. Even with the number of people with the astro mounts, I still feel like a special snowflake.

Had they not been in crates it would just be another mount that everyone has, but not now.

And I had never bought a single cosmetic in eso before now.

Keep up the work zos.

Would you still be saying "keep it up" if luck hadn't been on your side? If you had been one of those who came away with results similar to Deltia's?

For every person who shows out an atro mount in Rawl or who comes onto the forum and brag about their luck, how many are there who spent just as much and got essentially nothing?

What Deltia got is not indicative of what to expect, but neither is the experience of what you got. These systems work because people look at stories like yours and look at the people in Rawl showing off their atro mounts and say to themselves, "That could be me!"

And the antidote for that is to remind people that they could have a very different outcome.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
    Options
  • Fodore
    Fodore
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, 15
    A lot of people who said they didn't buy crates will probably have bought some or are intending to. They just don't want people to know they did and therefore stay with the crowd
    Before judging a man walk a mile in his shoes.
    After that who cares?
    They're a mile away and you've got their shoes.
    Options
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, but maybe....
    Might risk some of my complementary subscriber Crowns if there was something I really wanted and I feel especially weak, but no way will I spend RL money directly on these.
    Options
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No & will never!
    If I wanted to gamble real money, I'd do it on something where I had a chance to make them back and not literally throw them into a deep abyss, never to be seen again, for the chance of some cosmetic skins, etc.. I think virtual gambling likes this in MMOs is cancer. Worst part about it is how much time they likely spent on this endeavour, which could instead have been spent on something that actually added content to the game. Hopefully the money they make from this will be put to good use and they will start fixing their game soon, but I'm honestly starting to lose faith in ZoS being able to make sound decisions.

Let's see how many days it takes before people on youtube start doing "CRAZY 100 BOX OPENINGS" videos. Those things make me lose faith in humanity..
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
    Options
  • Wise_Will
    Wise_Will
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, 50+ Take my money, ZOS!
    Used bout 30,000 crowns and got nearly every item available (missing 3 things that idrc about) except for any atronach mounts. However i also got 800 crown gems which allowed me to get the atronach mount.

my only regret, is that i didn't stock up on crowns when there was a sale on.
    XBOX EU/PC EU
    Options
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No & will never!
    No, I don't support this type of gambling in a game.

I would not quit the game for it since it has no pay-2-win items. But I will never buy any crate. It's lame it's dumb and the items should just be put in the normal crown store for crowns.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No & will never!
    Wise_Will wrote: »
    Used bout 30,000 crowns and got nearly every item available (missing 3 things that idrc about) except for any atronach mounts. However i also got 800 crown gems which allowed me to get the atronach mount.

How much cash did you spend total ?
    Options
  • Lord_Xion
    Lord_Xion
    Yes, 15
    Yes, 15
    Not bad for storm horse and bear skin for about 39 crown points as well other stuff and a hist guar. It was something I thought would try and really wasn't that impressed.
    Options
  • Arundo
    Arundo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought 90 crates got a few mounts, one Apex, the red wolf one and a few mounts which I already owned like the frost horse. Got 1099 gems which I will not spend before I have most items only going to use them to fill the gaps on missing items before the next crates come out.
    Options
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, 15
    So far 34% in this poll have bought crown crates hmmm looks like ZoS is making some good money I hope we get so good DLC and fixes to the game
    Edited by FloppyTouch on December 2, 2016 8:44AM
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No & will never!
    No. Not now. Not ever.

It would be like taking an Argonian orphan you might have adopted and feeding him Skooma to make him dance. The dance it is fun yes. To see him jump and squirm. However you know the skooma will eventually kill him and then he will be of no use for doing the housework.

Khajiit hopes that Spiny Tim he does not read this yes ...

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • andreasv
    andreasv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, 16 - 25
    I haven't played ESO in months but was curious what you get with those crates. I also remembered something similar in BDO, which can be earned in game (no real money needed) or where given as compensation for unexpected downtime. And I liked it there.

In ESO all I got for £24 was a red wolf and one sparkling personality. I'm now pretty happy that I'm not playing and paying for that anymore.
    Options
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No & will never!
    So far 34% in this poll have bought crown crates hmmm looks like ZoS is making some good money I hope we get so good DLC and fixes to the game

Insinuating that they weren't making good money before this and that is the reason for crap DLCs and a lack of attention to bugs.

:*
    Options
  • leothedino
    leothedino
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, 15
    I enjoyed opening mine, I got a mount and plenty of cosmetics and different items I will enjoy. All of the potions, consumables and duplicates melted down into gems I can spend directly on the special items I want. It's just like loot boxes in Overwatch. Honestly, I have no issue with these crates and I do feel I got more collectables for my account than I would have done just paying for them with crowns.

What I would like to see next is perhaps some kind of XP bar (I don't mind it taking fairly long to max) that offers a crate after X amount of experience earned, that would be a huge incentive to play more often.
    Options
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No & will never!

Insinuating that they weren't making good money before this and that is the reason for crap DLCs and a lack of attention to bugs.

:*

Not to mention insinuating they actually use the money for ESO. I remember Vanguard where they used the money made to develop EQ0-next, And it was no long when Vanguard was pulled EQ-next was cancelled also,

No, the money made from clowncrates is probably used for a thanksgiving dinner for ZOS employees.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
    Options
  • andreasv
    andreasv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, 16 - 25
    Algraxa wrote: »
    I have no problem spending $ on digital items... do it if you want or do not.

Then again I backed Starcitizen, so there is that....

@Algraxa But you knew what you got with Star Citizen, unlike with the crates. I was more than happy to supoort SC with around £400 (so far), but I won't touch any crate anymore because of the uncertainty involved.
    Options
  • FerrumnCutem
    FerrumnCutem
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, 16 - 25
    Garbage garbage and even more garbage.
    1 gold reward, the flying purple bug pet.
    I spend 4900 crowns on potions, vortifying meals and mimic stones. Biggest waste ever!
    Options
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No & will never!
    Seeing the number of people who have spent literally hundreds of dollars on these things explains it all. Really doesn't matter that the majority of us won't ever buy them. Only takes a minority of whales to justify the exploitation.

Would love to see ZOS extend an olive branch to their majority player base though. How about more subscriber benefits, like if you remain a subscriber for all three months of a crate season, you unlock all the crate exclusives once the season ends? Only a minority are buying these things, and it's appealing to the "I must have the shiny NOW" crowd, so this shouldn't affect crate sales, only help boost subs?
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No & will never!
    I've skimmed through a few studies over the last few days done over the last 10 years regarding MMOS and online gaming addiction . The games have a very high addiction potential already without the micro transaction stores added . Some of the stories were very sad . People have been addicted for a long time it seems and some even living very depressed and withdrawn from the normal social activities outside of gaming . Some living in substandard conditions to afford their gaming habits and going in debt . With addiction comes a lot of lying to oneself . I truly hope everyone participating is doing so in a healthy way and not neglecting themselves . Some people lost jobs and some lost partners and more . Be careful .
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No & will never!
    andreasv wrote: »
    I haven't played ESO in months but was curious what you get with those crates. I also remembered something similar in BDO, which can be earned in game (no real money needed) or where given as compensation for unexpected downtime. And I liked it there.

In ESO all I got for £24 was a red wolf and one sparkling personality. I'm now pretty happy that I'm not playing and paying for that anymore.
    Just so you know, you can see what's available in the crates without buying any: it's all (save for a few consumables IIRC) displayed in the gem store tab you can view at any time.
    Options
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No & will never!
    I've skimmed through a few studies over the last few days done over the last 10 years regarding MMOS and online gaming addiction . The games have a very high addiction potential already without the micro transaction stores added . Some of the stories were very sad . People have been addicted for a long time it seems and some even living very depressed and withdrawn from the normal social activities outside of gaming . Some living in substandard conditions to afford their gaming habits and going in debt . With addiction comes a lot of lying to oneself . I truly hope everyone participating is doing so in a healthy way and not neglecting themselves . Some people lost jobs and some lost partners and more . Be careful .
    Whilst we're being serious, my concern about this is mainly towards young players and how they'll develop.

MMOs (especially ESO) share the same principles with gambling: running X content 20 times just for the chance at Y drop is the same as spending X cash 20 times just got the chance at Y return.

So whilst the mediums are different, both trigger the same pleasure sensors and the same chemicals are released that make you feel good.

There have been studies that show that the younger someone is exposed to various pleasure centres, the faster the urge grows to get that same "high" but also the more difficult the urge is to break.

So in essence, younger people that play MMOs are more likely to develop gambling mentalities than their peers who don't. Whilst this isn't a massive problem in-game because all they're doing is spending a finite time grinding rather than something that they enjoy, the introduction of crown crates does allow them to gambling real money before they'd otherwise be able to.

giphy.gif

edited to add a gif now that I know how to do them
    Edited by Sunburnt_Penguin on December 2, 2016 9:43AM
    Options
  • Code2501
    Code2501
    ✭✭✭✭
    People you can not stop seeing Atronoth Mounts running near you, they are awesome!

Go get it or they will go in three months!

I can not see them by never logging in again, pretty simple really.
    Options
  • Wise_Will
    Wise_Will
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wise_Will wrote: »

How much cash did you spend total ?

£160 ISH
    XBOX EU/PC EU
    Options
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No & will never!

No, they are not. I think most of the Crowns spent on the Crates comes from subscription money ppl are sitting on, so ZOS doesn't make a lot of extra profit. They just created another money sink hole exactly for that purpose, as the merchandise in the Crown Store is overpriced.
    Much better strategy in my opinion would be to create quick "Mystery Sales" every month: you know there will be a sale, but the exact products are unknown. People would buy Crowns and guessing what is on sale this month would be much more fun (and safe for the gamblers) than the Crates.
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
    Options
  • Eweroun
    Eweroun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, 4
    Seems I was the most lucky person in game... 1st box contained an atro-senche...
    Well, like you see, opened 4 of them... but won't open more
    |Lunar Lattice - Guildmaster / Fullmoon group raidlead|
    |Potato Knights - former core member|
    |former dd-"The Phoenix Reborn", former raidlead "Omnia Vincit /Playdead"|

clears: vCrag HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM (+2) - vCR+3 - vSS HM
    Options
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, 16 - 25
    Cazzy wrote: »
    Recremen wrote: »
    that was fun....

got a couple of atro mounts, three pets, four costumes, a hat, a memento, several mount training scrolls and a load of junk that i traded back for gems.

do i feel like i've been burned? no

do i think i've been scammed? no

do i think i've been ripped off? no

but how can that be???????

because i fully understood what i was getting into.

and the really fun bit is..... it didn't cost me a penny because zos keep giving me crowns that i have no real use for.

for less than 25p a day i get all the dlc, extra xp and a craft bag and a great game to play - i call that a really good deal.

I'm pretty sure you'd feel differently if you fell on the other side of the bell curve but hey, who are we to point out how objectively bad the system is?

why would i have felt bad????

it didn't cost me anything.

You don't pay for a subscription?

ok... once again.

i pay for eso+ it is less than 25p per day. the reason i pay for it is free dlc. i appreciate the extra xp and the craft bag but i do not sub FOR those things - they are not a factor in my continuing to sub. and, if you read the post that started this off, you would have seen that i wrote 'zos keep giving me crowns that i have not real use for' i.e. the crowns are a thing i neither want nor need so no i do not feel that i have paid for them in anyway shape or form. if zos stopped handing them to me it would make no difference i would still sub. is that clear?

or do you need me to explain it again?

It doesn't matter what you sub for... you get those crowns for subbing, subbing costs money...

'Free dlc' when subbing. It's not free if you pay for it.

Go and google what 'free' means.

once again ....

the important thing here is my perception...... since it is my money. i subbed from the beginning for access to the game and the dlc. as i recall there was no crown store then. i continue to sub for access to the game and the dlc. the additional benefits came later..... the sub fee did not increase.

got it yet?

Edited to remove baiting comments
    Edited by ZOS_DaryaK on December 2, 2016 3:31PM
    Options
  • ninjaguyman
    ninjaguyman
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, 1 - 3
    i only opened one, and for now i will leave it at that. I actually like some of the stuff in the crates, especially the mounts, but I think I'll wait for some kind of frost atro themed crown crates and try to get something like a frost senche...

idk how long it takes for these to cycle, but hopefully itll take a month or two so more of my eso+ crowns come in.
    Characters:
    AD breton nb: Shadowshinobi
    DC Altmer magicka nb: merc shot
    Options
This discussion has been closed.