The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Did you open crown crates?

Mady
Mady
✭✭✭✭✭
Would be pretty interesting o:)

If yes, don't forget to fill in your results here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Zt5oj7PWNFFaTykgXhWQOOkVl1ekHAJgcJpueRN3C40/edit#gid=0
(credits to @Enodoc)

Edited by Mady on December 1, 2016 5:30PM
Discord HypeSquad Member
Official AlcastHQ Discord Server: discord.gg/alcasthq
Feel free to join!
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.

Did you open crown crates? 628 votes

Yes, 1 - 3
4%
arkansas_ESOEthromelb14_ESOIruil_ESOforzajuve212WingGiraffonPathNeKryXeninjaguymanbrandonKayly101AetherderiusAtmosfearimrednecksonJaronkingnikigwilEasily_LostLarianaBalthyzarleepalmer95 31 votes
Yes, 4
6%
Elder_MartinSlakkNewBlacksmurfXundiinstevvvob16_ESOEwerounixiePotenzakojoustarkerealmGilGaladdsalterSchmellekamimarkJuponenAndarnekargen27IyastygyrTequilaFire 39 votes
Yes, 5 - 14
5%
billp_ESObigscoothb14_ESOSlylokMessy1wenchmore420b14_ESOEtanielTonnopesceIlmarthethiefSheezabeastsilvermistktralasub17_ESOShimmerMountain33rquake89JamieAubreyEldorhaanSergunArgoCyeCynnaliaMettaricanaDerra 37 votes
Yes, 15
7%
dbonifaci_ESOJsmallsBlackSparrowOsteosYulsgresiacleothedinoAketiumCazicfioskalPashenspiffy_jimSnippit_ThomasSynfaerSigma957CirithValariaMissBizzOrphanHelgenFodoreskvll 45 votes
Yes, 16 - 25
5%
k9mouseSG_CelerrimusKochDerDamonenHaphazardAllureGrileenorjedtb16_ESODaz_dingoeb17_ESOproject-2501-84neb18_ESODenniMyuuWikileaksEUandreasvolsborgDimentizaDissentinelhydrocynusShader_ShibesEirellaJeffrey530AquanovaCelas_Dranacea 32 votes
Yes, 26 - 49
7%
Sorianaaugestflex_ESOnexxus_ESOValveVriendaItsGlaiveMartanDomikoMilvanAzraelKriegpinkempyrealWoelerPikkonMGagegartonfosoklesnimander99ArvenAldmeriHetairaTakes-No-PrisonerDelta1038 45 votes
Yes, 50+ Take my money, ZOS!
4%
Krrachttvailjohn_ESOrotaugen454kentgreigrwb17_ESODerpyShadowzDarkheartCipeKolacheWolfenbelleArundoAnslayCurragraiguentheogenicYinmaigaoPeekachu99jeremiah911CyrediathTheForsetiDigitalShibbyKramUzibra 31 votes
No & will never!
39%
kewlValetharSoleyadriosketchSolarikenwayfarerxsilvereyesMoloch1514SlurgUriel_NocturneArtisMisterBigglesworthYolokin_SwagonbornAcrolasDaveMoeDeeErock25GrekhFoehammer_76MercyKillingmilkbox 249 votes
No, but maybe....
15%
SirAndykevlarto_ESOstevenbennett_ESOSigtricMercutioDominoidlolo_01b16_ESOTaonnorMadylmanteb16_ESOLord ValarAshTalfreespiritTHEDKEXPERIENCELumiMarrazzMistleandro.800ub17_ESONifty2gVorcilRev Rielle 100 votes
Gonna quit the game now!!1!11!
3%
Esquire1980g_ESOjd_newell_ESOidkEvergnaralkodavJimT722mtwiggzRunsku5hoxxalejandroxxonvyrKuningatarAkevoriathSiphoneerDrkHunter86CerilonIsellskoomaValykcSmashington357 19 votes
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No & will never!
    Nope, not weak, crown crates are for the gambling mentality.

More money for the game, let ZoS exploit them, good strategy
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

Options
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, 4
    I will be opening even more tomorrow
    Options
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No & will never!
    I freely buy cosmetics from the Crown Store but there's no chance I'm buying the Crates just for the chance to obtain something I like the look of. Even if I did get what I was after, chances are I'd be paying well over the price they would have listed them on the CS for if Crates didn't exist.

There's a limit on my tolerance towards corporate greed and I look fly af as it is anyway.
    Options
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No & will never!
    I have 13800 Crowns right now, but I don't partake on this kind of thing for multiple reasons.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
    Options
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, 4
    opened 4 to see if odds were still as bad, yep no mounts at all, no "epic" or "legendary" things.
    managed to get the red pit wolf i just overlooked but i'v no interest in non-magical pets.

but thats not the worst part. pacrooti is STILL egging you on to buy more. sickened by this.

@SantieClaws Pacrooti is trying to fund some sort of scheme or habbit if he's sinking this low :(
    Edited by dsalter on December 1, 2016 5:29PM
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

Options
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, 5 - 14
    10 more than I said I would
    Options
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No & will never!
    I want to know what I'm getting so will only ever buy direct from the store.

However, if I feel I'm financing more crown crates then I may stop buying anything altogether.
    Options
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, but maybe....
    It's been interesting seeing how the forums responded to crates. I personally find the gamble-box approach quite cynical and exploitative, but I have tried to have an open mind about them.

If the drop rates in crown crates turn out to be reasonable then I may have a flutter on a different theme (skeletal mounts were datamined ages ago), so I can't say I never will, but I definitely won't anytime soon.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
    Options
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No & will never!
    Good luck to those with money to burn on crates. It's a good deal for zos. Many pithy aphorisms could apply, but I'll stick with "Caveat Emptor".

7224.png
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
    Options
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No & will never!
    Cazzy wrote: »
    I want to know what I'm getting so will only ever buy direct from the store.

However, if I feel I'm financing more crown crates then I may stop buying anything altogether.

@Cazzy sums up my feelings.

I'll only buy when I know what I'll get, I have no desire to pay for something I potentially don't want. If they ever decide to let us convert unwanted collectibles, I might reconsider. But as it stands now... I'll pass.
    I simply don't want to clutter up my collection with items I don't want.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
      Options
    • Elsonso
      Elsonso
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      No & will never!
      What are these Crown Crates that people are talking about? :smiley:
      PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
      XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
      X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
      Options
    • Asardes
      Asardes
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      No & will never!
      They only contain cosmetic and sometimes utility items that have in game equivalents, and which I have never and will never use, like ambrosia. I only buy character slots and DLCs with crowns, so the crates don't interest me.
      Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
      vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
      41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
      Member of:
      Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
      Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
      Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
      Valinor Overflow: Trader
      The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
      Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
      Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
      Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
      Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
      Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
      Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
      Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
      Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
      Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
      Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
      Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
      Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
      Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
      Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
      Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
      Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
      Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
      30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
      Member of:
      Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
      Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
      Options
    • BOGATYR
      BOGATYR
      ✭✭
      I guess the game will go full F2P soon at this rate lol
      Options
    • Integral1900
      Integral1900
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      No & will never!
      Watch deltia latest video on YouTube, this whole thing is a total ripoff!
      Options
    • Abeille
      Abeille
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      No & will never!
      BOGATYR wrote: »
      I guess the game will go full F2P soon at this rate lol

The introduction of RNG boxes is a F2P-Transition strategy, so this is a real possibility.
      Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
      Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
      Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
      Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
      Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
      Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
      Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
      Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
      Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
      Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
      Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
      Options
    • William_21
      William_21
      ✭✭
      Yes, 50+ Take my money, ZOS!
      60 crates and I got
      http://imgur.com/PO5t75t
      Edited by William_21 on December 1, 2016 6:45PM
      My Chars
      Legate William
      The Flawless Conqueror - Khajiit StamDK - 53.9k DPS
      (Twice-Born Star, Vicious Ophidian, Kra'gh, x2 Sharpened Maelstrom Daggers, Precise Maelstrom Bow)
      Vile's Sol
      The Flawless Conqueror - Redguard Stamblade
      Second Heartbeat
      The Flawless Conqueror - Imperial StamDK Tank
      (Tavon, Ebon, Bloodspawn)
      Dark Annihilator
      The Flawless Conqueror - Khajiit Stamblade
      Lachandra Rush
      The Flawless Conqueror - Redguard Stamplar
      Dario Lightningclaw
      The Flawless Conqueror - Khajiit Stamsorc
      Stormbringer Syra
      The Flawless Conqueror - High Elf Magsorc
      Auri-El's Light
      The Flawless Conqueror - Dark Elf Magplar
      Saxhleel Oracle
      The Flawless Conqueror - Argonian Magplar Healer
      (Spell Power Cure, Infallible Aether, Worm Cult, Precise Maelstrom Restoration Staff)
      Options
    • TerraDewBerry
      TerraDewBerry
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      No & will never!
      Nope.. nope.. nope. Just remember... "friends don't let friends buy crown crates"

For the people who are getting good things right now... This is likely just a classic bait and switch... At the beginning, you get great stuff or the drop rate is pretty good... then later on when people think the crates aren't "so bad" they ninja nerf the drop rate and or items....

Seriously people... don't be fooled by this!!
      Edited by TerraDewBerry on December 1, 2016 6:52PM
      Options
    • Slurg
      Slurg
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      No & will never!
      These crates are not for me. I like to buy cosmetic items and mounts directly and hope that option will be available to me next year.

I wish good luck and temperance to those who want to gamble for these items and hope the drop rates have changed enough from PTS that they aren't getting ripped off. But I haven't seen enough evidence of that to change my signature yet.
      Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
      Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
      Options
    • Lord_Eomer
      Lord_Eomer
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Yes, 26 - 49
      Its not that much bad, i got everything from crown crate store (all non storm mount, skin, pets and momentos) but only one storm mount.

Got like 600 Crown Gems that can used to buy another mount.

I got storm wolf mount on my 17 crate..
      Edited by Lord_Eomer on December 1, 2016 6:50PM
      Options
    • leepalmer95
      leepalmer95
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yes, 1 - 3
      William_21 wrote: »
      60 crates and I got

How much money was that like $125?

Deltia uploaded a vid of him buying 45 which is what $100 and not getting a single thing.

He didn't even have enough to buy a mount with gems.

He had like 310~ gems so 60 of them will be enough to buy a mount? Im guessing you bought one?
      PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
      Options
    • Lord_Eomer
      Lord_Eomer
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Yes, 26 - 49
      60 crates and I got

Deltia uploaded a vid of him buying 45 which is what $100 and not getting a single thing.

He had like 310~ gems so 60 of them will be enough to buy a mount? Im guessing you bought one?

May be his bad luck, i got 600 crowns + 1 Strom Mount + all other non storm mount, momentos, pets, costumes, hats, skin and facial/hairstyles
      Edited by Lord_Eomer on December 1, 2016 6:52PM
      Options
    • Lord_Eomer
      Lord_Eomer
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Yes, 26 - 49
      People you can not stop seeing Atronoth Mounts running near you, they are awesome!

Go get it or they will go in three months!
      Options
    • kevlarto_ESO
      kevlarto_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      No, but maybe....
      If zos was to start putting some of these profits back into the game to fix things add more content, crack down on cheaters and exploiters, I might me inclined to spend some money beyond my sub, and it is hard for me to even keep my sub going.

If they were doing these things I would have no problem opening up my wallet and buying something beyond by sub from time to time, I just don't have enough trust or faith in zos to spend any extra at this time.
      Options
    • Browiseth
      Browiseth
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Yes, 5 - 14
      Now think less of me because I decided to spend my money differently to you
      skingrad when zoscharacters:
      • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
      • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
      • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
      • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
      • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
      • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
      • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
      • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
      • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
      • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
      PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
      Options
    • leepalmer95
      leepalmer95
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yes, 1 - 3
      60 crates and I got

May be his bad luck, i got 600 crowns + 1 Strom Mount + all other non storm mount, momentos, pets, costumes, hats, skin and facial/hairstyles

I'd love to believe you but you've been white knighting this forum in defence of zos for like 2 weeks now.

I feel like anything you say will be so bias it's not even worth it.
      PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
      Options
    • Rohamad_Ali
      Rohamad_Ali
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      No & will never!
      I didn't buy any
      Options
    • theher0not
      theher0not
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yes, 1 - 3
      I had 600 crowns to spare so I decided to try 1. Not going to buy another one again for a long time though. 1 gem per item is a really bad deal.
      Edited by theher0not on December 1, 2016 7:25PM
      Options
    • Sigtric
      Sigtric
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      No, but maybe....
      I can't say that I wont ever open them, because with more changes, I might be persuaded. As they sit right now I see it as very unlikely I'll buy any crates.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
      Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
      [/center]
      Options
    • jedtb16_ESO
      jedtb16_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Yes, 16 - 25
      that was fun....

got a couple of atro mounts, three pets, four costumes, a hat, a memento, several mount training scrolls and a load of junk that i traded back for gems.

do i feel like i've been burned? no

do i think i've been scammed? no

do i think i've been ripped off? no

but how can that be???????

because i fully understood what i was getting into.

and the really fun bit is..... it didn't cost me a penny because zos keep giving me crowns that i have no real use for.

for less than 25p a day i get all the dlc, extra xp and a craft bag and a great game to play - i call that a really good deal.
      Options
    • devilsTear
      devilsTear
      ✭✭✭
      Yes, 5 - 14
      Opened 8 and got the soul shriven horse and a couple of costumes but mostly junk.
      Options
    This discussion has been closed.