The issue is resolved, and the North American Xbox One megaserver is back online and available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of February 27:
• North American and European PC/Mac megaservers for patch maintenance – February 27, 4:00AM EST (9:00 GMT)
• North American and European Xbox One megaservers for maintenance – February 27, 7:00AM EST (12:00 GMT)
• North American and European PlayStation®4 megaservers for maintenance – February 27, 7:00AM EST (12:00 GMT)

Crown Crate Drop Success Rate Thread (Live Server)

Kildayen
Kildayen
✭✭✭✭✭
Figured I'd make a thread for those of us who will be buying crown crates when they go live to share with others what our drop rates are.

Did you purchase a single crown crate, a bundle of 4 crates, or a bundle of 15 crates? What drops did you get?
Edited by ZOS_DaryaK on December 1, 2016 2:16PM
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll record my drops from the crates for this topic as well as my gem total at the end of it all.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NA

CR800+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50
    Katame no Shinigami - EP NB - 50
    Weiß Regen – EP Templar - 50
    Jorleif the Bear-King - EP DK - 50
    Ko'Shariba-do - EP Sorc - 50
    Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50
    Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50
    Aumsi Salt-Sage - EP Sorc - 50
    Lirim Greenwhisperer - EP Templar - 50
  • Hammy01
    Hammy01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aeula wrote: »
    I'll be buying 5000 crowns worth of crates to test them out. I'll be turning all my consumables into gems.

I guess it'd be wise to jot down how many gems we got from our spending spree too.

This is exactly what I will be doing today as well!
  • Sigma957
    Sigma957
    ✭✭✭
    Valethar wrote: »
    1f543h.jpg

Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    BUT - it has to be honest data - if anyone lies (maybe they don't want others to know how much they spent on crates, or maybe they want to hate crates and don't want to admit what good stuff they got) it will damage the results significantly because these are very small numbers.

You won't get 100% honesty in the numbers reported, and there's no way to vet the numbers to ensure their validity. Best to go into this knowing that there's going to be a significant margin of error, and that any results tabulated from the data are going to be estimates rather than absolutes.

The only people who will have accurate data are the ones who likely won't to be sharing it.

If I get the crates I will most certainly share it all here.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am going to buy many of these crates.
    Not yet probably, because I am waiting for the elven hero costume.

Is there a list of what can drop from the coming chests ?
    Auri-El is my savior !
    Leader and only member of 'The Fist of the Thalmor'.
    My YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6kEq9el4M7mrOJxDXgkMVg
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    So is there an established form that can be used by all so the presented data is uniform in appearance?
    Enslaved wrote: »
    Ok, Just to add to statistics.

Chest bought/will buy : 0
    Mounts gained : 0
    Pets gained : 0
    cosmetic items : 0
    consumables : 0

Hope this helps a bit.

Is this what will be used? (much thanks, @Enslaved )

The problem with arguing with a jackass is that they never stop braying.
    #DwemerLife
  • arpadsweb16_ESO
    Mind-shriven skin is Legendary? :neutral:

Welp, I don't really want to spend 60+ Euro on scraping together 100 Gems.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    Bookmarked - if we can get enough data together we can work out the numbers behind RNG

BUT - it has to be honest data - if anyone lies (maybe they don't want others to know how much they spent on crates, or maybe they want to hate crates and don't want to admit what good stuff they got) it will damage the results significantly because these are very small numbers. If it is not completely honest data then it is better not to post it at all.

together we can get a better insight than any 1 person alone. The 'facts' produced may support how you already feel about crown crates, but don't post false info just to turn the results into what you want them to be

And-Now-His-Watch-in-Ended-3x04-game-of-thrones-34266737-1024-576.jpg

Edit - added emphasis. I'm a university researcher so (because) I geek out about discovering things that are hidden.

If you really want to do this you should make an anonymous poll somewhere.
    CP 10xx whatever
    Derra - DC - Sorc - AR41 - Spotless Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AR31
    <Noricum>
    <Kitesquad>
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waseem wrote: »
    this thread is here because its more genius to gamble to find and knowing the odds of drops with real money than with no money( crown crates in PTS)

They allegedly upped the rates for rarer items for the crates hitting Live, so people who want to spend crowns on Live will help the rest of us see if the rates are truly worth it now, or it's like a drop in the bucket.

Plus, some people have a ton of money and just want to buy shinies. If they use their ton of money and report which shinies they got, it's better for all of us. On a mobile game I play there's people who will roll each special gacha (same deal really) like a hundred+ times which lets the rest of us see the rough rates.
    ~Tighter than an Altmer's fundament~
    Najaral ~ Tiny Argonian
    Bridget Reed ~ Cheerful Imperial | Feliix ~ Frustrated Altmer
    Nargaku ~ Stealthy Khajiit | Mizutsune ~ Bubbly Argonian
    Mistrain ~ Silent Bosmer | Ayy L'Meow ~ Dad-joke Khajiit

• magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the contents of these crates bound or they would be sellable like masks and polymorphs?
    :: Daggerfall Covenant

Hayden Heartbreaker :: Breton :: Sorcerer (retired)
    Alzzll :: Redguard :: Nightblade
    Maryon Telvanni :: Dunmer :: Templar
    Khalisah al-Jilani :: Redguard :: DragonKnight
  • GrumpyMuffin
    GrumpyMuffin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably best create a google doc for the data, people are not going to let this thread stay on the point of the topic by the looks of it thus far
    For all my grumbling, I'm still having fun playing
  • Stormshaper
    Stormshaper
    ✭✭
    Um, they said I should post here if I wanted to ask if Crown Crates were a good idea or not?

Kidding. I swear, jks. I'm not much of a gambler, but I'll probably buy a few, just to see. I'll even vid-capture it and post the link later to confirm my results.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    Community Ambassador
    Waseem wrote: »
    this thread is here because its more genius to gamble and knowing the odds of drops with real money than with no money( crown crates in PTS)
    I would love to do it on the PTS. But the Crates aren't on the PTS any more and the drop rates have changed since they were.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Giatuareg
    Giatuareg
    Nice idea!
    In my country there is a law that forces any kind of public lotteries to show clearily the % of winnings. Guess in many other is the same ^^
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saving a spot, I'll be buying 1 crate, maybe 2 at most and will post results here

*EDIT* OK those 2 turned into 5600 crowns worth

Images of what I got in SPOILER tag
    hB8Q90R.jpg
    DLn0sFr.jpg
    fUoLQH7.jpg
    VHzaXrs.jpg
    CiXNjkp.jpg
    2Hemox9.jpg
    aMs8cou.jpg
    JyKM4Ls.jpg
    ikhKF2u.jpg
    WUGlQSH.jpg
    fx05rOe.jpg
    JOIkLTj.jpg
    Edited by JamieAubrey on December 1, 2016 3:55PM
    -PC/EU/AD-
    CP 600 (600+) 7/8 Slots Used
    Vex Valentino - CP160 MagSorc [PvP/DD]
    Vex Valentino V - CP160 Magplar [PvE/DD]
    Lady Astrid Silane - CP160 StamBlade [unused]
    Amelie-Hawk-eye - CP160 MagBlade [unused]
    Molag's Right Bal - CP 160 MagDK [unused]
    Molag's Left Bal - CP 160 Storc [unused]
    Tail-or-Swift - CP160 Magplar [Healer/DPS]
    RESERVED FOR WARDEN
    -PC/NA/EP-
    Mav Made Me Come Here - lvl 3 NB

In Game/Twitter DRaGoN_KoBRa
  • elvenmad
    elvenmad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kildayen wrote: »
    Figured I'd make a thread for those of us who will be buying crown crates when they go live to share with others what our drop rates are.

Did you purchase a single crown crate, a bundle of 4 crates, or a bundle of 15 crates? What drops did you get?

I understand the idea of this thread, but you do realise drop rates whatever they are will be continually monitored and manipulated per day, they most certainly will not want too many rare items dropping, that would be stupid, they will want them to stay rare, and have value.

Nothing which drops in a mmo as a set drop rate, never has had, never will have, everything is monitored and 'tweaked' regularly, That is why they will NEVER release drop rates for items, they can't.

one thing I am positively sure of is this new system of ours will generate far more revenue than happy players, that's what they are designed to do.

Edited by elvenmad on December 1, 2016 2:27PM
    ESO PVP = Proc v's Proc, no skill required & no fun
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mercutio wrote: »
    So is there an established form that can be used by all so the presented data is uniform in appearance?
    Enslaved wrote: »
    Ok, Just to add to statistics.

Chest bought/will buy : 0
    Mounts gained : 0
    Pets gained : 0
    cosmetic items : 0
    consumables : 0

Hope this helps a bit.

Is this what will be used? (much thanks, @Enslaved )

@Mercutio

For the PTS I was labeling them like this:
    *****example, DO NOT ADD to tally*****
    Box 1:
    Lethal Poison
    Fortifying Meal
    Riding lesson: Speed
    Jawbone adornment

Box 2: (5 cards)
    Warrior's Elixier
    Mimic stone
    Lethal Poison
    Epic scroll
    Mind shriven Horse

Box 3:
    Warrior's Elixir (×2)
    Fortifying Meal
    Jawbone (dup 5 gems)

Hopefully we can have players label the gems for the consumables they don't want and the total for the box. That would really help.
    Edited by driosketch on December 1, 2016 2:41PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    Alts: Red Drio (Stam DK), Embra Dria (Mag Sorc), Tatanya Fria (Tank/Hybrid DK), Deni (Stamplar), Fjori Elf-Blood (Mag NB),
    Ra'Ja the Whispering Fang (Unarmed/Stam DK), Renna Storm (Healer/Mag Sorc), Orok gro-Narzul (Stam NB)

●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad they're not putting the revised system on the PTS for testing first. I'm not participating but will be interested to see the results from people who are. If you get really good results I am still not interested in buying, but I might stop calling them a rip-off.

Second or thirding the suggestion that you use a Google doc to update results - that worked pretty well in the first PTS test.
    Clan Slurg, PC/NA - loyal to all factions! Just not at the same time.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates![Link]
    Dev tracker is our friend: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/tracker