The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Crown Crate Drop Success Rate Thread (Live Server)

• Viryu
    Viryu
    Soul Shriven
    Did anyone notice the option for "Gem Extraction" before opening the crates? Would it give more gems that way, or would it still be dependant on RNG?
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The spreadsheet had good intentions, but it's completely useless tbh.

Only the people who get *** rewards post in there. 200+ crates and only 2 apex? These results are so skewed it's not even funny. I bought a pack of 15 crates and got 2 apex mounts (granted it was the bear twice, so a duplicate) and I've spoken to a lot of people who got anywhere from 1 to 3 apex mounts in the 15 crate bundle.

In the end a gamble is going to be a gamble though. Some people end up lucky, other people not so much.

EDIT: I also wouldn't be surprised if some crown crate haters are filling the sheet up with rubbish information to discourage their purchase.
    Edited by Dymence on December 1, 2016 5:03PM
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Viryu wrote: »
    Did anyone notice the option for "Gem Extraction" before opening the crates? Would it give more gems that way, or would it still be dependant on RNG?
    Gem Extraction lets you convert unwanted crate items (like XP scrolls, Mimic Stones, potions or food) into crown gems.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Has anyone compiled a list of the crate-exclusive items, which according to Gina are supposed to be listed on the crate UI?
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dymence wrote: »
    In the end a gamble is going to be a gamble though. Some people end up lucky, other people not so much.
    I am in the "not so much" category of 70+ crates and no atro mounts. I did get a black maned lion, so... yay? The problem with RNG for cash is that somebody could buy a 15 pack of crates and get all 6 unique mounts, while another person could open 2,000+ crates and get zero atro mounts. Yeah, they'd be able to get the mounts through the gems, but still. The drop rate is punishing. I'm not against the crates, as I've opened a lot. But it's a feeling of... well, defeat to open that many and just get nothing but (mostly) crap.

But I got like a dozen Helstrom lizards, so I can create a lizard army and... I dunno, storm Wayrest or something. But I don't even feel like playing right now. After that many crates and getting "meh" over and over and over it's just kind of a self-defeating feeling.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    Has anyone compiled a list of the crate-exclusive items, which according to Gina are supposed to be listed on the crate UI?
    You can open up the Crown Store interface and see all the items listed in the crates. The only ones that don't show, to my knowledge, are some of the XP scrolls.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dymence wrote: »
    The spreadsheet had good intentions, but it's completely useless tbh.

Only the people who get *** rewards post in there. 200+ crates and only 2 apex? These results are so skewed it's not even funny. I bought a pack of 15 crates and got 2 apex mounts (granted it was the bear twice, so a duplicate) and I've spoken to a lot of people who got anywhere from 1 to 3 apex mounts in the 15 crate bundle.

EDIT: I also wouldn't be surprised if some crown crate haters are filling the sheet up with rubbish information to discourage their purchase.
    All we can do is assume good faith, as is the way for any open collaboration. That's not too far off what we had on PTS though.

And why did nobody tell me I had Superior and Epic the wrong way around? :stuck_out_tongue:
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    You can open up the Crown Store interface and see all the items listed in the crates. The only ones that don't show, to my knowledge, are some of the XP scrolls.

I'll have to do that after I get home tonight.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much does a 15 Crown Crate purchase equate to US$?

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Viryu
    Viryu
    Soul Shriven
    *buys a create for the starter 500 crowns*
    *got trash*
    *didn't get the Coin Ball Gown, the prettiest thing in the whole game*
    *cries in a corner*
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's 5,000 crowns. A pack of 5,500 crowns costs $40, so you're paying about $37-38 for a 15 pack.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Friendly reminder that drop rates don't tell you how many gambling boxes you need to buy to get a certain item. If the drop chance of something is 1%, you do not need to buy only 100 gambling boxes to get it. In fact, after 100 boxes you only have a 2/3 chance of getting the item. If you want to get it up to a 99% success chance you'd need to buy 459 gambling boxes. And there's no way to get a 100% success rate, just smaller and smaller chances of failure.

Also friendly reminder that there are no guarantees that they won't change the drop rates as they see fit, have no obligation to disclose the drop rates legally, and we have no way to validate alleged drop data.

Also friendly reminder that we don't even know if these use RNG at all, or to what extent, or if it changes moment to moment.

Also friendly announcement that I have evidence suggesting that some people have higher chances of getting the rare mounts than others, and will post the screenshot on request (names removed of course).
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    It's 5,000 crowns. A pack of 5,500 crowns costs $40, so you're paying about $37-38 for a 15 pack.

Ouch! Not for me...

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main

PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caff32 wrote: »
    Box 1:
    25 Crown Lethal Poisons
    5 Crown Spellcaster's Elixirs
    5 Crown Warrior's Elixirs
    Azure Brow-to-Temple Circlet (blue)

Box 2:
    5 Crown Spellcaster's Elixirs
    Soul-Shriven Ragged Clothing (blue)
    5 Crown Invisibility Potions
    Crown Lesson: Riding Stamina (green)

So as I suspected, all trash.

Also:
    25 Crown Lethal Poisons = 1 Gem
    5 Crown Potions = 1 gem
    1 Riding lesson = 1 gem

What a trash system. Glad I only bought two. Will never buy another.

Not trying to fight with you on this. But it was 2 crates.....

Once again, I am not a fan of this system, but would you be saying something else if you got everything you wanted?? Its an RNG gambling crate... not a trash system... its gambling..
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • biovitalb16_ESO
    biovitalb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spent roughly $30 worth on crates.

Bunch of crap
    2 crappy soul-shriven armor outfits (may I just say these are fugly)
    1 Daedric Scamp

Yeah, waste of money. If you can't get a mount in $30 worth than its just a rip off. Lesson learned.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    Friendly reminder that drop rates don't tell you how many gambling boxes you need to buy to get a certain item. If the drop chance of something is 1%, you do not need to buy only 100 gambling boxes to get it. In fact, after 100 boxes you only have a 2/3 chance of getting the item. If you want to get it up to a 99% success chance you'd need to buy 459 gambling boxes. And there's no way to get a 100% success rate, just smaller and smaller chances of failure.

Also friendly reminder that there are no guarantees that they won't change the drop rates as they see fit, have no obligation to disclose the drop rates legally, and we have no way to validate alleged drop data.

Also friendly reminder that we don't even know if these use RNG at all, or to what extent, or if it changes moment to moment.

Also friendly announcement that I have evidence suggesting that some people have higher chances of getting the rare mounts than others, and will post the screenshot on request (names removed of course).

Yes, I would like to see that and the reason why.

PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the drop chance of something is 1%, you do not need to buy only 100 gambling boxes to get it. In fact, after 100 boxes you only have a 2/3 chance of getting the item. If you want to get it up to a 99% success chance you'd need to buy 459 gambling boxes. And there's no way to get a 100% success rate, just smaller and smaller chances of failure.
    Not sure if I quite agree with that wording. The trials are independent and without memory. There is a 1% chance on the first crate, and a 1% chance on the 459th crate.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Mx13
    Mx13
    ✭✭✭

lol i want to see this please, my tin foil hat is ready.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    If the drop chance of something is 1%, you do not need to buy only 100 gambling boxes to get it. In fact, after 100 boxes you only have a 2/3 chance of getting the item. If you want to get it up to a 99% success chance you'd need to buy 459 gambling boxes. And there's no way to get a 100% success rate, just smaller and smaller chances of failure.
    Not sure if I quite agree with that wording. The trials are independent and without memory. There is a 1% chance on the first crate, and a 1% chance on the 459th crate.

Follow the link, it explains the math. What is being measured here is all 459 trials simultaneously, not each individually. You are right to question, but need more background in probability to understand the message, which already lets you know how *** an average person is when trying to figure out how much money is appropriate to risk on these gambling boxes. Why is it incumbent on the customer to have an advanced math degree just to be able to make an informed decision about their risktaking?
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seing how some people are lucky is incredible. Myself I belong to that middle lucky part I would say. 30 crates - 0 atronach items, couple legendary items. 160-ish crown gems after converting everything I wont use. Bought another legendary mount. Thats it with me.
    Then my bf opened 15 crates himself. He got 2 epic items and thats it. 0 legendary, 0 atronach mounts. Thats really sad and I feel really sorry for him. I was praying so bad for him to get at least some one legendary item... :( The RNG is really bad imo. In that 15 crate there should be at least 1 legendary item or enough gems to be able to buy legendary item. This is so broken. And the crown gems exchange rate is just terrible. Especially for the items that are epic+.
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd like to see this as well.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bunch of crap
    1 Daedric Scamp

Yeah, waste of money. If you can't get a mount in $30 worth than its just a rip off. Lesson learned.

Then it wasn't a waste of money. There will be other seasons of crates, an now you know enough to make an informed choice :)
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

TIAVuhT.jpg

I don't have the reason why, didn't want to ask, figured it would expose too many details about the claimant. They definitely had it all, though.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • spiffy_jim
    spiffy_jim
    ✭✭✭
    I opened 15 (duplicates/triplicates identified brackets)
    • Jawbone Blades (2)
    • Roostertail Frills
    • Wrestler's Buzz Cut
    • Soul-Shriven Armor Outfit (3)
    • Battlemage Scout Captain Uniform (2)
    • Stornhelm Shepherd
    • Battlemage Palatine Armor
    • Azure Brow-to-Temple Circlet
    • Storm Atronach Aura
    • Aurbical Symbols
    • High-Collared Coin Ball Gown
    • Shadow Striping
    • Battlemage Tribune Armor
    • Soul-Shriven Ragged Clothing

Total Gems (after duplicates/triplicates) and exchanging consumables) = 52

Spreadsheet = https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NgkucoylQX4l_CtRsGEbswZAnRHGmSajz1ZcJlBFUR4/edit#gid=0
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by SwaminoNowlino on December 1, 2016 5:36PM
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

TIAVuhT.jpg

I don't have the reason why, didn't want to ask, figured it would expose too many details about the claimant. They definitely had it all, though.

Just sounds (to me) like that person has a ****load of cash to waste.

PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[picture]

I'm not a fan of the crates, but that.. doesn't really say anything, IMO. Could be anything from being a secret billionaire to being insanely lucky to being Rich in disguise. "Because reasons" isn't really a convincing argument for either camp...
    Edited by rhapsodious on December 1, 2016 5:34PM
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭

TIAVuhT.jpg

Such evidence, much wow
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For more data the Reddit megathread:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/5fw1po/researching_crown_crate_drop_rates/
    Enodoc wrote: »

Follow the link, it explains the math. What is being measured here is all 459 trials simultaneously, not each individually. You are right to question, but need more background in probability to understand the message, which already lets you know how *** an average person is when trying to figure out how much money is appropriate to risk on these gambling boxes. Why is it incumbent on the customer to have an advanced math degree just to be able to make an informed decision about their risktaking?

I agree with the sentiment. I haven't had a chance to bring this up before myself, but because they are purposely hiding their numbers they are forcing their customers to work to figure out the cost value.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • biovitalb16_ESO
    biovitalb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

Bunch of crap
    1 Daedric Scamp

Then it wasn't a waste of money. There will be other seasons of crates, an now you know enough to make an informed choice :)

You are right, it wasn't a total waste of money. I now have the knowledge to not buy them ever again.