Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Crate Drop Success Rate Thread (Live Server)

Kildayen
Kildayen
✭✭✭✭✭
Figured I'd make a thread for those of us who will be buying crown crates when they go live to share with others what our drop rates are.

Did you purchase a single crown crate, a bundle of 4 crates, or a bundle of 15 crates? What drops did you get?
Edited by ZOS_DaryaK on December 1, 2016 2:16PM
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bookmarked - if we can get enough data together we can work out the numbers behind RNG

BUT - it has to be honest data - if anyone lies (maybe they don't want others to know how much they spent on crates, or maybe they want to hate crates and don't want to admit what good stuff they got) it will damage the results significantly because these are very small numbers. If it is not completely honest data then it is better not to post it at all.

together we can get a better insight than any 1 person alone. The 'facts' produced may support how you already feel about crown crates, but don't post false info just to turn the results into what you want them to be

And-Now-His-Watch-in-Ended-3x04-game-of-thrones-34266737-1024-576.jpg

Edit - added emphasis. I'm a university researcher so (because) I geek out about discovering things that are hidden.
    Edited by Jim_Pipp on December 1, 2016 10:28AM
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be buying 5000 crowns worth of crates to test them out. I'll be turning all my consumables into gems.

I guess it'd be wise to jot down how many gems we got from our spending spree too.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll record my drops from the crates for this topic as well as my gem total at the end of it all.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • ericprydz82ub17_ESO
    I'll add in to this with 40k crowns worth of crates when they hit live servers.

Also hi @Kildayen I am back but on xbox now.
    -Pryda - Ebonheart Pact XB1 NA
    World first HelRa Hardmode player.
    GT: Bootleg Mix
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, Just to add to statistics.

Chest bought/will buy : 0
    Mounts gained : 0
    Pets gained : 0
    cosmetic items : 0
    consumables : 0

Hope this helps a bit.
  • Hammy01
    Hammy01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aeula wrote: »
    I'll be buying 5000 crowns worth of crates to test them out. I'll be turning all my consumables into gems.

I guess it'd be wise to jot down how many gems we got from our spending spree too.

This is exactly what I will be doing today as well!
  • Valethar
    Valethar
    ✭✭✭✭
    1f543h.jpg

Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    BUT - it has to be honest data - if anyone lies (maybe they don't want others to know how much they spent on crates, or maybe they want to hate crates and don't want to admit what good stuff they got) it will damage the results significantly because these are very small numbers.

You won't get 100% honesty in the numbers reported, and there's no way to vet the numbers to ensure their validity. Best to go into this knowing that there's going to be a significant margin of error, and that any results tabulated from the data are going to be estimates rather than absolutes.

The only people who will have accurate data are the ones who likely won't to be sharing it.
    Resistance is not futile! Say no to the Greed Collective™. Boycott Crown Crates.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to try the 15 crown crate bundle see what I get I'll post in an edit here.

If I don't get the mount I'm after I'm going to keep trying until I get the mount or enough gems to buy it. I want that damn atro horse!!! Lol

Box 1
    Crown warrior elixir
    Crown lesson: Riding speed
    Soul-shriven armor outfit
    "Clever Man" Wizard Hat

Box 2
    Azure Brow-to-temple Circlet
    Crown Lethal Poison(25)
    Crown Mimic Stone
    Crown Crate Experience Scroll

Box 3
    Crown repair Kit
    Crown Invisibility Potion(5)
    Storm Atronach Transform
    Jawbone Blades

Box 4
    Crown Spellcaster's Elixir(5)
    Crown Soul Gem
    Crown Repair kit
    Helstrom Ancestor Lizard

Box 5
    Chub Loon
    Crown Lessons: Riding Capacity
    Crown Tri-Restoration Potion(5)
    Crown Crate Refreshing Drink

Box 6
    Crown Warrior Elixir (5)
    Fibanaccus Spiral Hat
    Crown Crate Experience scroll
    Crown Soul Gem

Box 7
    Crown Lethal Poison (25)
    Crown mimic stone
    Crown Repair kit
    Roostertail Frills

Box 8
    Crown Experience Scroll
    Storm Artonach Senche Mount!
    Crown Soul Gem
    Shornhelm Shepherd

Box 9
    Crown Survivor Elixir(5)
    Crown Repair Kit
    Soul-Shriven Ragged Clothing

Box 10
    Shadow Striping
    Crown Repair kit
    Crown mimic stone
    Crown Tri-Restoration potion (5)

Box 11
    Crown Warrior Elixir(5)
    Crown Crate Fortifying Meal
    Feathered Bycoket Cap
    Crown Lesson: Riding speed

Box 12
    Wrestler's Buzz Cut
    Crown Repair kit
    Crown Soul Gem
    Crown Lethal Poison

Box 13
    Crown Mimic Stone
    Crown Crate Experience Scroll

Box 14
    Crown lesson:Riding Speec
    Crown Repair Kit
    Crown Invisibility Potion(5)
    Black Main Lion Mount

Box 15
    Crown Soul Gem
    Crown Mimic Stone
    Crown Spellcaster's Elixir(5)
    Edited by FloppyTouch on December 1, 2016 4:22PM
  • Sigma957
    Sigma957
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valethar wrote: »
    1f543h.jpg

BUT - it has to be honest data - if anyone lies (maybe they don't want others to know how much they spent on crates, or maybe they want to hate crates and don't want to admit what good stuff they got) it will damage the results significantly because these are very small numbers.

You won't get 100% honesty in the numbers reported, and there's no way to vet the numbers to ensure their validity. Best to go into this knowing that there's going to be a significant margin of error, and that any results tabulated from the data are going to be estimates rather than absolutes.

The only people who will have accurate data are the ones who likely won't to be sharing it.

If I get the crates I will most certainly share it all here.
  • DoccEff
    DoccEff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll add in to this with 40k crowns worth of crates when they hit live servers.

40k crowns ~ 247€ ~ 262$.
    Looks like we got a whale here.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am going to buy many of these crates.
    Not yet probably, because I am waiting for the elven hero costume.

Is there a list of what can drop from the coming chests ?
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Is there a list of what can drop from the coming chests ?
    The full drop list is available in-game, and it's also here below, assuming the drop list is the same as it was on PTS. I was commenting on exclusive items at the time, so it's a bit split up:
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Regarding exclusive items. With the drop list onscreen in front of me, I can take this on a per-item basis.

Of course I would much rather that there were absolutely no exclusive items in the crates, but that's not going to happen. So let's instead consider it logically. The crate is called the "Storm Atronach Crate", "A mystery collection of Storm Atronach-related items", and is thus expected to have a "Storm Atronach" theme. Anything that follows the theme would logically be expected to be exclusive to the crate of that theme. Anything that is unrelated to the theme would logically not be exclusive to a themed crate.

Apex Rewards
    All six of these items follow the theme. All of these would be exclusive to the Storm Atronach Crate.
    • Storm Atronach Bear Mount
    • Storm Atronach Camel
    • Storm Atronach Guar Mount
    • Storm Atronach Horse
    • Storm Atronach Senche Mount
    • Storm Atronach Wolf Mount

Legendary Rewards
    14 of these items have nothing to do with the theme. Therefore they should not be exclusive to Crown Crates.
    • Black Mane Lion Mount
    • Black Mask Bear-Dog
    • Clouded Senche-Leopard
    • Clouded Senche-Leopard Cub
    • Dwarf-Style Mage's Hat
    • Frost Mare
    • Imperial Mananaut Cap & Goggles
    • Mind-Shriven Skin
    • Mind-Shriven Horse
    • Orchid Nixad
    • Red Pit Wolf Mount
    • Red Pit Wolf Pup
    • Rosy Netch Calf
    • Tangerine Dragon Frog
    One item is tied to the theme, so would be exclusive.
    • Storm Atronach Transform
    The other item at this tier is the Grand Crown Crate Experience Scroll. That shouldn't exist at all, per my previous comment.

Epic Rewards
    14 of these items have nothing to do with the theme. Therefore they should not be exclusive to Crown Crates.
    • "Brilliance" Brocade Robes
    • Aubical Symbols
    • Belly Dancer Veil
    • Chub Loon
    • Enveloping Scales
    • Feathered Headdress
    • Golden Eye Guar
    • Hedge Wizard's Claw Cap
    • High-Collared Coin Ball Gown
    • Palomino Horse
    • Purple Daggerback
    • Shadow Stripe Headwrap
    • The Aurbic Eye
    • Upright Antler Skullcap
    One item is tied to the theme, so would be exclusive.
    • Storm Orb Juggle
    The other item at this tier is the Major Crown Crate Experience Scroll. That shouldn't exist at all, per my previous comment.

Superior Rewards
    18 of these items have nothing to do with the theme. Therefore they should not be exclusive to Crown Crates.
    • "Clever Man" Wizard Hat
    • Azure Brow-to-Temple Circlet
    • Battlemage Palatine Armor
    • Battlemage Scout Captain Uniform
    • Battlemage Tribune Armor
    • Daedric Scamp
    • Evening Dress
    • Feathered Bycoket Cap
    • Fibonaccus Spiral Hat
    • Helstrom Ancestor Lizard
    • Jawbone Blades
    • Roostertail Frills
    • Shadow Striping
    • Shornhelm Shepherd
    • Soul-Shriven Armor Outfit
    • Soul-Shriven Leather Outfit
    • Soul-Shriven Ragged Clothing
    • Wrestler's Burr Cut
    The other item is tied to the theme, so would be exclusive.
    • Storm Atronach Aura

Fine Rewards
    These three items are Crate exclusives, but they are considerably worse than the ones you can buy directly in the Crown Store (they only last for 30 minutes when their counterparts last for 2 hours, and you only get one of them). They should be scrapped and replaced with the standard Crown Store versions, or you should get at least 5 at once.
    • Crown Crate Experience Scroll
    • Crown Crate Fortifying Meal
    • Crown Crate Refreshing Drink
    The remaining items at this Tier can already be purchased in the Crown Store.
    • Crown Lesson: Riding Capacity
    • Crown Lesson: Riding Speed
    • Crown Lesson: Riding Stamina
    • Crown Repair Kit
    • Crown Soul Gem
    As they are, the three Crate-exclusives are considerably worse value than a Repair Kit or Soul Gem, considering you can get 10 Soul Gems for the same price as 10 standard Fortifying Meals direct from the Crown Store. What's more, the riding lessons are worth more than double the other items at this tier. To be of comparative value, each Crate Card should contain 2 Repair Kits, 2 Soul Gems, 2 standard Fortifying Meals, 2 standard XP Scrolls, or 2 standard Refreshing Drinks at this reward tier.

Normal Rewards
    These four items are currently exclusive to Crates. They need Crown Store direct purchases too, as there's no reason for them to be exclusive.
    • Crown Invisibility Potion (5)
    • Crown Spellcaster's Elixir (5)
    • Crown Survivor's Elixir (5)
    • Crown Warrior's Elixir (5)
    The remaining items can already be purchased in the Crown Store.
    • Crown Lethal Poison (25)
    • Crown Mimic Stone
    • Crown Tri-Restoration Potion (5)
    For a value comparison, 20 Crown Tri-Restoration Potions can be bought for 400 Crowns, which is exactly equivalent to the cost of a Crown Crate and 4 Potion Cards. However, to value-match Crown Lethal Poisons, there would need to be 40, rather than 25, in each Crate Card.

For those of you who are going to post your drop data:
    • Remember to post everything, not just the stuff you like (or don't like).
    • If you're going to post summarised rather than itemised data, remember something like "Crown Warrior's Elixir (5)" counts as one drop, not 5.
    • Be sure to call out if/when you receive a bonus card.
    • There are probably some trends to consider; on PTS, there were these trends:
      • Every crate contained at least one white/green card, and one blue/purple/gold/Apex card, while the other two seemed random.
      • If a bonus fifth card appears, it was always purple/gold/Apex.
    • It's quite plausible that every item of the same tier has the same drop rate (ie, the Dwarf-Style Mage's Hat and the Red Pit Wolf Mount may have the same drop rate, since they're both Gold tier). This may make early results easier consolidate, as the sample size per tier will be larger than the sample size per item.
    • It would be good to know the Crown Gem exchange rate for duplicate items and unwanted consumables.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I do not like the Crown Crates I am curious as to the drop rates. Thanks in advance to those who take a hit for the team.
    The problem with arguing with a jackass is that they never stop braying.
    #DwemerLife
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    So is there an established form that can be used by all so the presented data is uniform in appearance?
    Enslaved wrote: »

Hope this helps a bit.

Is this what will be used? (much thanks, @Enslaved )

The problem with arguing with a jackass is that they never stop braying.
    #DwemerLife
  • arpadsweb16_ESO
    arpadsweb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Mind-shriven skin is Legendary? :neutral:

Welp, I don't really want to spend 60+ Euro on scraping together 100 Gems.
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this thread is here because its more genius to gamble and knowing the odds of drops with real money than with no money( crown crates in PTS)

[Edited to remove image with profanity.]
    Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on December 1, 2016 1:43PM
    PC EU

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bookmarked - if we can get enough data together we can work out the numbers behind RNG

BUT - it has to be honest data - if anyone lies (maybe they don't want others to know how much they spent on crates, or maybe they want to hate crates and don't want to admit what good stuff they got) it will damage the results significantly because these are very small numbers. If it is not completely honest data then it is better not to post it at all.

together we can get a better insight than any 1 person alone. The 'facts' produced may support how you already feel about crown crates, but don't post false info just to turn the results into what you want them to be

And-Now-His-Watch-in-Ended-3x04-game-of-thrones-34266737-1024-576.jpg

Edit - added emphasis. I'm a university researcher so (because) I geek out about discovering things that are hidden.

If you really want to do this you should make an anonymous poll somewhere.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waseem wrote: »
    this thread is here because its more genius to gamble to find and knowing the odds of drops with real money than with no money( crown crates in PTS)

They allegedly upped the rates for rarer items for the crates hitting Live, so people who want to spend crowns on Live will help the rest of us see if the rates are truly worth it now, or it's like a drop in the bucket.

Plus, some people have a ton of money and just want to buy shinies. If they use their ton of money and report which shinies they got, it's better for all of us. On a mobile game I play there's people who will roll each special gacha (same deal really) like a hundred+ times which lets the rest of us see the rough rates.
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the contents of these crates bound or they would be sellable like masks and polymorphs?
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Jailbirdy
    Jailbirdy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why don't they (ZOS), just tell us the numbers?

They could tell us the drop percentage of the type in the crates.

They could also tell us the gem conversion rate.

In the State of Ohio, spending real money on a speculative tangible or intangible item requires full disclosure including the monetary value of the prize or prizes. I hope they have a disclaimer when they introduce the crates,
    Disclaimer: The statements and information from this account are for entertainment & informational purposes only. Any interpretation, implied or otherwise does not constitute negligence on any part of this forum posting.
  • Stormshaper
    Stormshaper
    ✭✭✭
    Um, they said I should post here if I wanted to ask if Crown Crates were a good idea or not?

Kidding. I swear, jks. I'm not much of a gambler, but I'll probably buy a few, just to see. I'll even vid-capture it and post the link later to confirm my results.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waseem wrote: »
    this thread is here because its more genius to gamble and knowing the odds of drops with real money than with no money( crown crates in PTS)
    I would love to do it on the PTS. But the Crates aren't on the PTS any more and the drop rates have changed since they were.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Giatuareg
    Giatuareg
    Nice idea!
    In my country there is a law that forces any kind of public lotteries to show clearily the % of winnings. Guess in many other is the same ^^
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saving a spot, I'll be buying 1 crate, maybe 2 at most and will post results here

*EDIT* OK those 2 turned into 5600 crowns worth

Images of what I got in SPOILER tag
    hB8Q90R.jpg
    DLn0sFr.jpg
    fUoLQH7.jpg
    VHzaXrs.jpg
    CiXNjkp.jpg
    2Hemox9.jpg
    aMs8cou.jpg
    JyKM4Ls.jpg
    ikhKF2u.jpg
    WUGlQSH.jpg
    fx05rOe.jpg
    JOIkLTj.jpg
    Edited by JamieAubrey on December 1, 2016 3:55PM
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crown Crates Bought: 0
    Money Saved: 100%
    The chance to save money: 100%
    The chance to save my current crowns for safer purchases without any RNG: 100%.

I don't find any logical reason to buy a crown crate.
    But if you do buy one or more, I wish you the best of luck!
    Edited by Universe on December 1, 2016 11:38PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    We have removed a series of posts that were not relevant to this topic. There are already several active discussions where you can express your concerns or doubts about Crown Crates. This thread is about Crown Crate drop rates; posts that are not directly related to the topic will be removed.

We've also removed the word "Official" from the title as this thread was not created by Zenimax Online staff.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • elvenmad
    elvenmad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kildayen wrote: »
    Figured I'd make a thread for those of us who will be buying crown crates when they go live to share with others what our drop rates are.

Did you purchase a single crown crate, a bundle of 4 crates, or a bundle of 15 crates? What drops did you get?

I understand the idea of this thread, but you do realise drop rates whatever they are will be continually monitored and manipulated per day, they most certainly will not want too many rare items dropping, that would be stupid, they will want them to stay rare, and have value.

Nothing which drops in a mmo as a set drop rate, never has had, never will have, everything is monitored and 'tweaked' regularly, That is why they will NEVER release drop rates for items, they can't.

one thing I am positively sure of is this new system of ours will generate far more revenue than happy players, that's what they are designed to do.

Edited by elvenmad on December 1, 2016 2:27PM
    < PC - EU >
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mercutio wrote: »
    So is there an established form that can be used by all so the presented data is uniform in appearance?
    Enslaved wrote: »

Hope this helps a bit.

Is this what will be used? (much thanks, @Enslaved )

@Mercutio

For the PTS I was labeling them like this:
    *****example, DO NOT ADD to tally*****
    Box 1:
    Lethal Poison
    Fortifying Meal
    Riding lesson: Speed
    Jawbone adornment

Box 2: (5 cards)
    Warrior's Elixier
    Mimic stone
    Lethal Poison
    Epic scroll
    Mind shriven Horse

Box 3:
    Warrior's Elixir (×2)
    Fortifying Meal
    Jawbone (dup 5 gems)

Hopefully we can have players label the gems for the consumables they don't want and the total for the box. That would really help.
    Edited by driosketch on December 1, 2016 2:41PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Too bad they're not putting the revised system on the PTS for testing first. I'm not participating but will be interested to see the results from people who are. If you get really good results I am still not interested in buying, but I might stop calling them a rip-off.

Second or thirding the suggestion that you use a Google doc to update results - that worked pretty well in the first PTS test.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.