The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crown Crate Drop Success Rate Thread (Live Server)

• Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have been very, very fortunate. I bought 4, and I got both the wolf and ice mare mounts. I don't like the wolf mounts, so I wasn't really fussed about that one. I also got the battle mage outfits and some other fluff. Because I felt i got more than my monies worth from the 1500, decided to try it again. The next 4 produced the cloud senche and other tat I probably won't use.

Like i said, I fully appreciate I have had the luck of the Gods here, but I'd have purchased both the ice mount and cloud senche (miss that mount from my xbox days) had they appeared for 3000cr a-piece. I've obtain 3 mounts for 3000cr. Bargain.
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    56 crates. 3 mounts (camel, guar, horse). 413 gems. 11 exp scrolls.
  • Mx13
    Mx13
    ✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    Friendly reminder that drop rates don't tell you how many gambling boxes you need to buy to get a certain item. If the drop chance of something is 1%, you do not need to buy only 100 gambling boxes to get it. In fact, after 100 boxes you only have a 2/3 chance of getting the item. If you want to get it up to a 99% success chance you'd need to buy 459 gambling boxes. And there's no way to get a 100% success rate, just smaller and smaller chances of failure.

Also friendly reminder that there are no guarantees that they won't change the drop rates as they see fit, have no obligation to disclose the drop rates legally, and we have no way to validate alleged drop data.

Also friendly reminder that we don't even know if these use RNG at all, or to what extent, or if it changes moment to moment.

Also friendly announcement that I have evidence suggesting that some people have higher chances of getting the rare mounts than others, and will post the screenshot on request (names removed of course).

Yes, I would like to see that and the reason why.

TIAVuhT.jpg

I don't have the reason why, didn't want to ask, figured it would expose too many details about the claimant. They definitely had it all, though.

Aww man...all the tin foil wasted on my hat for nothing :'(
  • spiffy_jim
    spiffy_jim
    ✭✭✭
    I wish you could use the gems you get from the duplicates/consumables for anything in the Crown Store, instead of just the Crate Rewards. It would give us more variety when you only have small number of gems. For my 50 gems, it would have been nice to buy the new Tunic or maybe a pet or something from the Style Parlour.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Friendly reminder that drop rates don't tell you how many gambling boxes you need to buy to get a certain item. If the drop chance of something is 1%, you do not need to buy only 100 gambling boxes to get it. In fact, after 100 boxes you only have a 2/3 chance of getting the item. If you want to get it up to a 99% success chance you'd need to buy 459 gambling boxes. And there's no way to get a 100% success rate, just smaller and smaller chances of failure.

Also friendly reminder that there are no guarantees that they won't change the drop rates as they see fit, have no obligation to disclose the drop rates legally, and we have no way to validate alleged drop data.

Also friendly reminder that we don't even know if these use RNG at all, or to what extent, or if it changes moment to moment.

Also friendly announcement that I have evidence suggesting that some people have higher chances of getting the rare mounts than others, and will post the screenshot on request (names removed of course).

Yes, I would like to see that and the reason why.

[picture]

I don't have the reason why, didn't want to ask, figured it would expose too many details about the claimant. They definitely had it all, though.

I'm not a fan of the crates, but that.. doesn't really say anything, IMO. Could be anything from being a secret billionaire to being insanely lucky to being Rich in disguise. "Because reasons" isn't really a convincing argument for either camp...

Yes, it could be anything, but it sounds rather like either a direct gift to a player or better odds at winning. Folks can think what they want of it, I doubt this is the only screenshot that will come out giving evidence in kind.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Caff32
    Caff32
    ✭✭✭✭
    Caff32 wrote: »
    Box 1:
    25 Crown Lethal Poisons
    5 Crown Spellcaster's Elixirs
    5 Crown Warrior's Elixirs
    Azure Brow-to-Temple Circlet (blue)

Box 2:
    5 Crown Spellcaster's Elixirs
    Soul-Shriven Ragged Clothing (blue)
    5 Crown Invisibility Potions
    Crown Lesson: Riding Stamina (green)

So as I suspected, all trash.

Also:
    25 Crown Lethal Poisons = 1 Gem
    5 Crown Potions = 1 gem
    1 Riding lesson = 1 gem

What a trash system. Glad I only bought two. Will never buy another.

Not trying to fight with you on this. But it was 2 crates.....

Once again, I am not a fan of this system, but would you be saying something else if you got everything you wanted?? Its an RNG gambling crate... not a trash system... its gambling..

No, I wouldn't. You can see from the spreadsheet that the results are not uncommon. These appear to be essentially the same results as what I got on the PTS from as many crates as I could buy a day.

And I was particularly referring to the exchange system. If I get an undesired unpurchased costume and 3 consumables, I get 3 gems towards a 400 gem mount. Our suggestion was to make all items able to be converted to gems and that the gem rate would increase. It has increased but only so slightly that its completely insignificant.
    Edited by Caff32 on December 1, 2016 5:46PM
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Strange, most people spouting this nonsense are probably the same people who pipe up with those inane "No one is forcing you to buy it" retorts when others complain about 1500cr emotes or whatever you call them and the rest of the over priced junk that appears. If people shoot others down about that, then they really have no scope to call others out about buying crown crates. After all, it's the "No one is forcing you to buy it" mentality that allows any dev to turn up the notch each and every time.

I've not bought things out of principle in the past (5000cr motifs, insanely OP mounts etc etc) and each time I voiced my opinion, I was told to pipe down, so as the saying goes, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.
    Edited by Prof_Bawbag on December 1, 2016 5:47PM
  • Pathfinder
    Pathfinder
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like 50 crates is going to net you about 400 gems. So essentially, those 400 gem mounts are costing you 20,000 crowns. I dont have hard numbers, but I think I am pretty close.
    Edited by Pathfinder on December 1, 2016 5:50PM
    Main
    Malfahri del Sol Imperial Templar (stamplar *new respec) PC/NA/Trueflame
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Saving a spot, I'll be buying 1 crate, maybe 2 at most and will post results here

*EDIT* OK those 2 turned into 5600 crowns worth

Images of what I got in SPOILER tag
    hB8Q90R.jpg
    DLn0sFr.jpg
    fUoLQH7.jpg
    VHzaXrs.jpg
    CiXNjkp.jpg
    2Hemox9.jpg
    aMs8cou.jpg
    JyKM4Ls.jpg
    ikhKF2u.jpg
    WUGlQSH.jpg
    fx05rOe.jpg
    JOIkLTj.jpg

so many pointless consumables :(
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dymence wrote: »

EDIT: I also wouldn't be surprised if some crown crate haters are filling the sheet up with rubbish information to discourage their purchase.

You have a solid point. I can definitely see that happening. Especially with how some of the people on here are reacting toward the crates.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

EDIT: I also wouldn't be surprised if some crown crate haters are filling the sheet up with rubbish information to discourage their purchase.

You have a solid point. I can definitely see that happening. Especially with how some of the people on here are reacting toward the crates.

this is why you accept only photo proof tbh.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »

Yep because as of right now anyone can go into that google docs spreadsheet and put whatever numbers they want and tamper with the entire thing.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and I put my data in the spreadsheet but here's what I got, buying 4 crates for funsies: http://imgur.com/a/JJAtL

I got like 20 crown gems out of it; I don't want to effectively spend 7500 crowns for my pit wolf. Sigh.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »

Or ZOS could just tell us the freakin' odds and conversion rates up front. So much work... :angry:
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, and I put my data in the spreadsheet but here's what I got, buying 4 crates for funsies: http://imgur.com/a/JJAtL

I got like 20 crown gems out of it; I don't want to effectively spend 7500 crowns for my pit wolf. Sigh.

I wish we were allowed to gift (it really should be an option). I loathe the wolf mounts and I got the wolf mount in my first four. Was more than happy with my ice mare.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish we were allowed to gift (it really should be an option). I loathe the wolf mounts and I got the wolf mount in my first four. Was more than happy with my ice mare.
    I agree, but they won't because it would turn into a gold exchange and cut into sales.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • spiffy_jim
    spiffy_jim
    ✭✭✭

Totally agree - I ended up with the Soul-Shriven set and the Coin Ball Gown not to mention the Argonian cosmetic stuff. I'd love to be able to give it to someone who'd use it and enjoy it.
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Opened 60 Crates... Got a Atronarch Camel, Guar and Bear...
  • merryblues
    merryblues
    ✭✭✭
    Okay I posted 15 crates earlier.. Here goes another 19 crates. The first 15 I only got 1/15 Five card box and nothing even decent. This one came out a little better with 6/19 5 card crates and a few good items, but still I think I hate this gambling thing. I bet they are in total awe on how much money they're making today.
    ^ (5card) 1. Lesson: Riding Stamina
    Tri-Restoration Potion
    **Purple Daggerback
    Fibonaccus Spiral Hat = Gems (5) Repeat
    Survivor's Elixir

2. Lesson: Riding Speed
    Invisibility Potion
    Battlemage Palatine Armor
    Repair Kit

3. Warrior's Elixir
    Azure Brow-to-Temple Circlet = Gems (5) Repeat
    Lesson: Riding Speed
    Lethal Poison

^ (5card) 4. Warrior's Elixir
    Clever Man Wizard Hat
    **Storm Atronach Horse
    Spellcaster's Elixir
    Refreshing Drink

5. Spellcaster's Elixir x2
    Warrior's Elixir
    Clever Man Wizard Hat = Gem (5) Repeat

6. Lethal Poison
    Shornhelm Shepherd = Gems (5) Repeat
    Battlemage Tribune Armor = Gems (5) Repeat
    Suvivor's Elixir

^ (5card) ** 7. Storm Atronach Bear Mount
    Invisibility Potion
    Mimic Stone
    Tri-Restoration Potion
    * Storm Atronach Aura

8. Survivor's Elixir
    Mimic Stone
    Shornhelm Shepherd = Gems (5) Repeat
    Experience Scroll

9. Warrior's Elixir x2
    Clever Man Wizard Hat = Gems (5) Repeat
    Fortifying Meal

10. Experience Scroll
    Jawbone Blades = Gems (5) Repeat
    Soul Gem
    Warrior's Elixir

^ (5card) 11. Daedric Scamp
    Tri-Restoration Potion
    * Major Experience Scroll
    Fortifying Meal
    Mimic Stone

12. Lethal Poison x3
    Fibonaccus Spiral Hat = Gems (5) Repeat

13. * Battlemage Scout Captain Uniform
    Survivor's Elixir
    Lesson: Riding Stamina
    Repair Kit

14. Survivor's Elixir
    Refreshing Drink
    Repair Kit
    Jawbone Blades = Gems (5) Repeat

^ (5card) 15. Survivor's Elixir
    Repair Kit
    * Belly Dancer Veil
    Lesson: Riding Stamina
    Daedric Scamp = Gems (5) Repeat

16. * Storm Atronach Aura = Gems(5) Repeat
    Lesson: Riding Capacity
    Spellcaster's Elixir
    Tri-Restoration Potion

17. * Golden Eye Guar
    Experience Scroll x2
    Lesson: Riding Capacity

18. Lethal Poison
    * Helstrom Ancestor Lizard
    Tri-Restoration Potion
    Spellcaster's Elixir

^ (5card) 19. Shadow Striping = Gems (5) Repeat
    Tri-Restoration Potion
    * Hedge Wizard's Claw Cap
    Mimic Stone
    Survivor's Elixir
  • Mady
    Mady
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Discord HypeSquad Member
    Official AlcastHQ Discord Server: discord.gg/alcasthq
    Feel free to join!
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought 5000 crowns worth storm ateo guar on 5th box.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deltia just opened $100 worth of crates. Video here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLxTxh6l8eI

Results are very disappointing.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    merryblues wrote: »
    I bet they are in total awe on how much money they're making today.

The Dro-m'Athra senche I got in May was paid for in November. There's maybe a 3% +/- 2% correlation between crown store purchases and same-day crown pack purchases. The majority is people using a crown pool they developed prior to today from sales or subscriptions.
    signing off
  • Kildayen
    Kildayen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll add in to this with 40k crowns worth of crates when they hit live servers.

Also hi @Kildayen I am back but on xbox now.

Pryda! Dude! No more PC? I tried texting you not too long ago.
  • neville_bart0s
    neville_bart0s
    ✭✭✭
    had 1500 crowns sitting there so I got 4 boxes. Got the storm atro horse, when I got the atro horse he threw out five cards instead of four.
  • prettynink
    prettynink
    ✭✭✭
    had 1500 crowns sitting there so I got 4 boxes. Got the storm atro horse, when I got the atro horse he threw out five cards instead of four.

I will make it a point to hop in guild chat today and curse you >:) if you're the neville i know. If not move along nothing to see here B)

XBOX ONE: NA
    gt=PRETTYPHOENIX
    561 stam sorc redguard ad (Ma'tet) (9 trait crafter) (Stormproof)
    561 mag dk dunmer dc (Annaksunamin)(Empress)
    561 mag sorc altmer dc (Ammeratasu)(Stormproof)
    561 mag nb altmer dc (The Queen Akasha)(Stormproof)
    561 mag plar altmer dc (Sekmet Menchit) (Shehai Shatterer)
    561 heath dk imp dc (The Queen Khalessi) (Offtank)
    561 stam nb bosmer dc (Missandei Unsullied)
    561 stam sorc orc dc (Hannibal Lectress)
    561 stam dk khajiit dc (Maleficent Domina)
    561 stam plar redguard dc (Laggatha Lothbrok)
    561 healer breton dc (Harleen Quindell) aka Boots
    lvl 15 mag plar argonian ep (Sees All Draws)

Affiliations
    Guild Lead of xTheDarkBrotherhoodx(PVE.Dungeons,Trials,PVP)In house Trade)
    Officer in Daggerfall Big Ticks( PVP)
    UNREST(Trader)
    Motto
    Loyalty,Honor,and Respect

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-Off Stuff) Let Crown Crates Go Night Night, May They NEVER Wake
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Milvan wrote: »
    Enodoc wrote: »
    The drop rates for astro mounts are actually okay. Ty for sharing guys!
    It's not looking too good on the spreadsheet yet, as nobody who has received any has contributed to it :stuck_out_tongue:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Zt5oj7PWNFFaTykgXhWQOOkVl1ekHAJgcJpueRN3C40/edit?usp=sharing

As usual, people that want to give negative feedback are much more vocal active than positive feedback.
    Slurg wrote: »
    The drop rates for astro mounts are actually okay. Ty for sharing guys!

What are the drop rates for the atro mounts? Are they published somewhere?

No, but looking around the forum I have the perception that most of people are getting 1 astro mount for every 15 crates. Thats pretty okay. Tho don't really mind me, my perception is biased and based purely in the comments that I'm actually reading. :D

Bait and switch... At the beginning, you get great stuff or the drop rate is pretty good... then later on when people think the crates aren't "so bad" they ninja nerf the drop rate and or items....

Seriously people... don't be fooled by this!!
    Edited by TerraDewBerry on December 1, 2016 6:50PM
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's my input

I have been against crates 100% of the time. Have 12k crowns but planned to buy ZERO crates.

My good friend text me and said he got a senche on the first crate. I was annoyed and curious. I bought one crate, and got the storm wolf mount.

This was within the first hour of being live. In craglorn there were MANY mounts out near the wayshrine.

Then more ppl began commenting about getting screwed over.

I'm convinced that the drop rates were raised to either 200 mounts now, or, had higher drop rates initially, so people would see the mounts and be tempted to buy. And it worked. While 8 of us are on the new shiny mounts, I counted ten people on their knees (fitting, right?) while in the chest, indicating they were in the crown store. So while everyone saw the new mounts, they were enticed to buy. And once X amount of mounts are released, the drop rates get adjusted back to normal.

I'll never know if this is true but I strongly suspect it is the case.

• spiffy_jim
    spiffy_jim
    ✭✭✭
    Deltia just opened $100 worth of crates. Video here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLxTxh6l8eI

Results are very disappointing.

I think that video and the comments here really sum up RNG perfectly. Deltia got ripped off, but reading some of the other comments here and in other threads shows that some people are making a windfall in even 1 or 2 crates.

As an aside, the one thing I find very odd is that Zen didn't time the crown sale with this crate launch... I think more people could 'justify' buying a few crates if the crowns weren't at regular price :|
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Edited by [Deleted User] on December 1, 2016 6:57PM