Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Crown Crate Drop Success Rate Thread (Live Server)

• Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got myself 45 crown crates.

I got three mounts: one wolf astronach, one camel astronach, one red fox.

Inumerous costume and a lot of junk consumables. I sold them all and got 300 gems. Not enought to buy the apex mounts, but you can still buy a lot of stuff.

I need to say that I approved it. The thing is actually really funny and adiciting! STAY AWAY FROM IT IF YOU CAN"T CONTROL YOURSELF!
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't record everything, but I got the storm atronach senche mount on my 8th crate (of 15) and ended up with 75 crown gems from consumables and duplicates.
  • Letici1
    Letici1
    Soul Shriven
    I've bought 30 crates and these are my results. Unfortunately, I didn't get any artronach mounts :(

potion:
    crown spellcaster's elixir (5): 10
    crown tri-restoration potion (5) : 5
    crown invisibility potion (5) : 12
    crown warrior's elixir(5): 8
    crown lethal poisons (25): 7
    crown survivor's elixir: 8

facial accessory:
    azure braw-to-temple circlet: 5
    jawbone blades: 1

head marking:
    shadow stripe headwrap: 2

body marking:
    shadow striping: 3

hat:
    fibonaccus spiral hat: 3
    dwarf-style mage's hat: 1

costume:
    soul-shriven armor outfit: 1
    soul-shriven ragged-clothing: 4
    battlemage palatine armor: 1
    battlemage scout captain uniform: 1
    "brilliance" brocade robes: 1
    evening dress: 1
    high-collared coin ball gown: 1
    soul-shriven leather outfit: 2

non-combat pet:
    rosy notch call: 1
    daedric scamp: 1

momento:
    storm atronach aura: 1

food:
    crown crate fortifying meal : 6

drink:
    crown crate refreshing drink: 2

style material:
    crown mimic stone: 11

hair:
    wrestler's buzz cut: 2
    feathered headdress: 2
    roostertail frills: 4

others:
    crown soul gem: 2
    crown crate experience scroll: 4
    crown repair kit : 7
    crown lesson riding capacity: 3
    crown lesson riding stamina: 3

I extracted everything from all 30 crates and obtained 193 crown gems. (It's about 100 crown gems per 15 crates) Thus, to get to 400 crown gems, you need to buy 60 crates.
    Edited by Letici1 on December 2, 2016 1:09AM
  • Kolache
    Kolache
    ✭✭✭✭
    Opened 60 crates, no apex mounts, but had 460 gems from duplicates/extractions so I just bought the one I wanted anyway. Below is a unique list of what I got out of 60 crates; too lazy to include numbers of each:

costume: battlemage palatine
    costume: battlemage scout
    costume: battlemage tribune
    costume: evening dress
    costume: soul-shriven armor
    costume: soul-shriven cloth
    costume: soul-shriven leather
    crown item: experience scroll
    crown item: riding capacity
    crown item: riding speed
    crown item: riding stamina
    crown repair kit
    drink: refreshing drink
    facial accessory: azure circlet
    facial accessory: jawbone blades
    food: fortifying meal
    hair: roostertail frills
    hair: wrestler's buzzcut
    hat: clever wizard
    hat: feathered bycoket
    hat: fibonaccus spiral
    hat: hedge wizard's cap
    hat: imperial mananaut
    hat: upright antler
    memento: storm atronach aura
    mount: black mane lion
    mount: clouded senche
    mount: golden eye guar
    mount: mind-shriven horse
    mount: palomino horse
    non-combat pet: chub loon
    non-combat pet: clouded senche cub
    non-combat pet: daedric scamp
    non-combat pet: helstrom lizard
    non-combat pet: orchid nixad
    non-combat pet: shornhelm shepherd
    non-combat pet: tangerine dragon
    posion: lethal
    potion: invisibility
    potion: potion: tri-restoration
    potion: spellcaster's elixir
    potion: survivor's elixir
    potion: tri-restoration
    potion: warrior's elixir
    soul gem
    style material: mimic stone
    Edited by Kolache on December 2, 2016 2:21AM
    Something being unbalanced in 1v1 does not imply that it is balanced in group play.
  • bigted209
    bigted209
    ✭✭✭
    PS4 NA

Bought the 15 crate pack and got:

Mind shriven horse
    Black mane lion mount
    All 3 battlemage costumes
    Storm Atro aura
    One of the mage hats
    One of the dog pets(not the husky)
    Mind shriven costume
    Daedric scamp
    Brilliance brocade robes

And of course a slew of potions, soul gems, and one riding speed book(unfortunately all alts are max speed...)

I want to say it was 4, maybe 5 times I got the extra 5th card also.

Was hoping for mind shriven skin, but walked away with 61 gems so I may run a round 2 to make sure I get it. All in all, not bad.

Edited by bigted209 on December 2, 2016 1:15AM
  • snakester320
    snakester320
    ✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    I broke down, bought another 15 crate pack.

And I have... 0 atro mounts. Over 85 crates, not one atro mount drop. Really? Yeah, sure, I have a lil' stockpile of gems, but what the hell, ZOS. This is stupid. And I'm stupid. I feel stupid for spending money on these crates to support the game, especially when I helped test them PTS and got screwed over the same way.

I feel burned. Granted, I totally doused myself and bought the match from the crown store.

This is exactly why there a disgusting business model some win some lose I would feel sorry but ppl were warned about this ...I hope the amount of losers out way the winners and the system fails
    Edited by snakester320 on December 2, 2016 1:43AM
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, so I actually gave in. I admit that I gave in. I bought a 5 pack and one extra. An even 6.

Best drops:

Red Pit Wolf mount
    Storm Atro Bear mount
    Chub Loon pet.

Lots of potions and poisons, a soul shriven outfit and an Imperial battle-mage costume.

I got the Chub Loon, I got the red wolf. That is all I wanted. ZOS has 1900 crowns off me out of 29,000 that I had. No need to buy more now as I want nothing else from them.

Thanks for the lovely mounts and cute as heck Chub Loon, ZOS for less than it would likely cost in the Crown Store alltogether. No more but thanks! :smile:
    Edited by JD2013 on December 2, 2016 1:52AM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso.jpg

15 crates:
    - frost mare
    - chub loon pet
    - daedric scamp pet
    - dragon frog pet
    - enveloping scales (argonian skin)
    - shadow strippings (another argonian skin)
    - battlemage palatine costume
    - battlemage tribune costume
    - evening dress costume
    - soul shriven costume
    - jawbone blades (argonian facial)
    - feathered bycoket cap
    - duplicates and consumables were converted into around 70 gems, and i bought a belly dancer veil with that
  • Mx13
    Mx13
    ✭✭✭
    9 crates
    -Storm atro horse
    -Orchid Nixad pet
    -Palomino horse
    -Aurbic eye
    -Antler skullcap
    -Battle mage palatine armor
    -Evening dress(had it already so 5 gems)
    -Roostertail frills x2
    -Shornhelm Shepard pet
    -Storm Atro aura
    -Ended up with 38 gems.

The only thing on these crown crates that i really wanted was the atro horse and i got it.

With this, the drop of a sharp maelstorm bow and a sharp dagger on my first vma clear and the buy one month of eso plus and get one month for free you just won a long term subscriber, thanks obama ZoS .

Now just give me Vvardenfell please :3

Edit: The atro horse was pulled from an extra card(with a weird purple glowing) on last crate btw :P
    Edited by Mx13 on December 2, 2016 3:33AM
  • TheForseti
    TheForseti
    ✭✭✭
    I am currently putting a detailed spreadsheet together of my own from opening 120 crates. Just some quick math:
    I used 40,000 crowns. All crowns were purchased at discount for $23.99 for 5,500. I bought 8 bundles of 15 crates for 5,000 crowns each. The math works out to $1.45/crate (I can explain to anyone how I got that number, but I am sure most of you can do the math yourself). I got 4 Apex rewards (2 camels and 2 bears). After converting all potions, poisons, food, and soul gems to crown gems, I had 1,535 crown gems. I also got all superior rewards, 13/15 epic rewards, and 11/15 legendary rewards.Using my results and @Enodoc's cumulative spreadsheet, I would guesstimate the drops are as follows for each tier:

Common - 40%
    Fine - 25%
    Superior - 20%
    Epic - 7.5%
    Legendary - 5%
    Apex - 2.5%

Decide for yourself if they're worth it or not.
    PC-NA | CP 1,400+ @The_Forseti
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is exactly why there a disgusting business model some win some lose I would feel sorry but ppl were warned about this ...I hope the amount of losers out way the winners and the system fails
    Yeah, I know, but I had to see for myself. Hell, there's a part of me that wishes I had another $40 to buy another 15 pack of crates JUST to see if I can hit the magic number of 100 crown crates... not a single atro mount.

Because this is like a weirdly sick joke at this point.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1 crate

3 garbage drops
    1 battlemage scout captain uniform
    1 ATRONAUCH BEAR THAT SHOOTS LIGHTING BABY! YEAH RNGESUS!!!
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    15 crates
    lots of battle mage
    lots of trash
    wizard hats - 2 different ones
    nightgown attire
    dog pet
    fire frog pet
    argonian tattoo
    some other facial styles
    1 wolf atro mount
    89 stones after recycling all the trash

I consider myself lucky and well well satisfied with the outcome o:)
    YT channel(Guides/Builds/gameplay)
    ~ Crescent Jayren Gaming ~

Glorious EP
    Jayren - V16 MagBlade AR30
    Crescent J'renz - V16 StamBlade AR46
    Crescent Lucrecia - V16 MagSorc AR32
    Courageous DC
    Crescent Sephiroth - V16 StamDK AR50
    Crescent Singu-rarity - V16 MagTemplar AR33
    Relentless AD
    Crescent the Tiny - V16 StamSorc AR10
    Crescent-The-Huge-One - V16 MagWarden AR18
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    87. It took 87 crates to FINALLY get a mount (Atro Storm Wolf). Nevermind that I spent over $200 worth of crowns (bought 2X 5500 packs today, and had about 3.5X 5500 packs from the sale).

In the end, I've proven three things about the Crown Crates:
    1. The drop rate on Atro mounts is too damn low. Really? 87 crates for 1 mount? And honestly, the 87 may be a low number. I probably lost count.
    2. I'm an idiot. An absolute idiot. I kept buying them to push my luck because I'm impulsive, and... yeah. For $200, I think ZOS owes me a certificate or something to prove my stupidity.
    3. Alcohol helps.
    I love ESO, but... I'm starting to question if this is an abusive relationship.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    87. It took 87 crates to FINALLY get a mount (Atro Storm Wolf). Nevermind that I spent over $200 worth of crowns (bought 2X 5500 packs today, and had about 3.5X 5500 packs from the sale).

1. The drop rate on Atro mounts is too damn low. Really? 87 crates for 1 mount? And honestly, the 87 may be a low number. I probably lost count.
    2. I'm an idiot. An absolute idiot. I kept buying them to push my luck because I'm impulsive, and... yeah. For $200, I think ZOS owes me a certificate or something to prove my stupidity.
    3. Alcohol helps.

I got an Atro mount in 6 crates. That RNG is weird.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • L2Pissue
    L2Pissue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

3. Alcohol helps.

ZOS loves you and so to people like you
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    I think I hate you. XD But yeah, a lot of people have said they got the Atro mounts from a single pack of 15 crates. I wish that were so for me. In fact, I'd have no issue with the crates if I could get at least ONE per that, but as it is now it's like a sick and terrible joke.

• Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    L2Pissue wrote: »
    ZOS loves you and so to people like you
    And I'm partly taking one for the team.

• Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    60 crates opened 0 Apex mounts dropped. Had the same gold eyed guar 4-5 times. Converted all of the consumables and had enough for the apex mount I wanted plus 140 or so gems.

I doubt I will be buying anymore with such a poor drop rate and mostly trash dropping.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • ginger_josh.1b16_ESO
    Suppose this headdress does look good enough to ease the pain of awful RNG a little.

Screenshot_20161202_042858.png?psid=1
  • Valethar
    Valethar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I broke down, bought another 15 crate pack.

And I have... 0 atro mounts. Over 85 crates, not one atro mount drop. Really? Yeah, sure, I have a lil' stockpile of gems, but what the hell, ZOS. This is stupid. And I'm stupid. I feel stupid for spending money on these crates to support the game, especially when I helped test them PTS and got screwed over the same way.

I feel burned. Granted, I totally doused myself and bought the match from the crown store.

This is exactly what they counted on. And sadly, they're getting what they want, regardless of whether anyone else is.

Looking at the drop rates, it's clear that they're designed to be mostly crap, with a small chance of something useful or desirable in the mix. The number of people throwing literally hundreds of dollars at them to get junk should be all the proof one needs to see that their only interest here is in fleecing the sheep.
    Resistance is not futile! Say no to the Greed Collective™. Boycott Crown Crates.
  • Jciampi
    Jciampi
    ✭✭✭
    Did another 30 boxes before i left for work. Finally got a storm atronarch mount in the last 10 boxes. So took 50 boxes for me to get one. Happy though it's a wolf mount
  • RomansXXI
    RomansXXI
    ✭✭✭
    I folded hoping my luck would change.ff

10 000 Crowns
    30 Crates
    4 Bonus Cards

Mounts: 0
    Pets: 5
    Costumes: 4
    Hats: 2
    Body Markings: 1
    Facial Markings: 0
    Hair Styles: 2
    Facial Accessories: 1
    Mementos: 2

Duplicates: 17
    (7 were the evening dress which I'm about ready to torch)

Converted all consumables except riding lessons and exp scrolls

Total Gems: 171
    Purchased: Black Mane Lion (100 Gems)
    Gems Remaining: 71

Total of Items I actually wanted: 0
    Total Loss: 95%

Buyers Remorse: crying in a hole
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_DaryaK wrote: »
    We have removed a series of posts that were not relevant to this topic. There are already several active discussions where you can express your concerns or doubts about Crown Crates. This thread is about Crown Crate drop rates; posts that are not directly related to the topic will be removed.

We've also removed the word "Official" from the title as this thread was not created by Zenimax Online staff.

I'm not sure I understand. It's not an official thread but it's being policed as if it is because its about crown crate drop rates? That's rather unethical.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

3. Alcohol helps.

3. Alcohol helps.

This is exactly how RNG works. A small number of people will wind up with a bunch of stuff, a small number of people will wind up with nothing, and a lot of people will wind up with a few things. It's your standard bell curve, which is why it's such a heinous system. Investment should be exactly correlated with reward, not randomly correlated with reward. You can only do that with direct purchase models.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »

3. Alcohol helps.

3. Alcohol helps.

This is exactly how RNG works. A small number of people will wind up with a bunch of stuff, a small number of people will wind up with nothing, and a lot of people will wind up with a few things. It's your standard bell curve, which is why it's such a heinous system. Investment should be exactly correlated with reward, not randomly correlated with reward. You can only do that with direct purchase models.

Not if you are preying on addiction.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

3. Alcohol helps.

Not really being weird at all. It is rng being rng. For every guy that is all I opened one pack at got the mount I wanted! There is a guy who will never get the mount he wanted to drop At all.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I hate you. XD But yeah, a lot of people have said they got the Atro mounts from a single pack of 15 crates. I wish that were so for me. In fact, I'd have no issue with the crates if I could get at least ONE per that, but as it is now it's like a sick and terrible joke.

You must really hate me then. 1 crate, 1 bear atronauch mount! Total $s spent ... $0.
  • Sigma957
    Sigma957
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went into these crates for 2 things, the atro senche and the pit wolf mount so I got 30 crates, got some legendary pets and frost mare mount but nothing really outstanding, no apex mounts. So after I traded the crap in for gems I got myself the pit wolf mount :smiley: Time now to continue playing the game and not be bothered with the crates.
  • fr33r4ng3r
    fr33r4ng3r
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure how to describe how I feel right now. Cheated, I suppose gets close. The kind of cheated you feel when a close friend lies to you... Betrayed maybe, which makes me realize I care about this game way too much...

I purchased 15 crates, since I figured less than that and I wouldn't get a real feel for them.

I did not receive a single 5th card.

9 packs contained duplicates I already own... (Yes I am a collector and a whale I suppose, I like to support this game via crown store collectables)

The other 3 cards in those packs were all consumables I traded for gems - so 9/15 packs were only gems

(Card counts below exclude the above duplicates)
    White cards: 33
    Green Cards: 12
    Blue Cards: 5
    Purple Cards: 1
    Yellow Cards: 0
    Apex Cards: 0

I just bought a hat and 86 gems for 5000 crowns. :(

I need 100 gems for anything I really wanted...

I'll save the rest of my crowns for the showcase items. No more crown crates for me, at least until they are fundamentally improved.

I should also mention that I buy CCG and TCG packs all the time, so I have a good idea of how this is supposed to work and feel. In general when I'm opening card packs I feel excited right through the last pack. With this, by the 5th crate I was starting to feel anxious and by the end I felt physically sick. Like I'd been robbed.

Please take this feedback seriously. This is not hyperbole. This was my genuine experience.

edit: typo
    Edited by fr33r4ng3r on December 2, 2016 9:01AM