Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Crown Crate Drop Success Rate Thread (Live Server)

• Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    12 crates :
    -Atro horse in the second crate
    -Atro senche in the 7th crate

Only using crowns I had from subbing to eso +

I guess Rngesus felt bad for me after not giving me a single rattlecage shield in over 70 runs
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »
    I guess Rngesus felt bad for me after not giving me a single rattlecage shield in over 70 runs

You'll have to do some VoM runs with me. Dropped 2 impen shields in 4 runs.
  • Suter1972
    Suter1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    15 crates.

6 had 'bonus' card

Storm horse
    Storm senche
    Red wolf mount
    Golden eye guar mount

Storm juggle
    Storm aura

Soul shriven ragged clothes
    Soul shriven armour

Battlemage armour 1
    Battlemage armour2

Wizard hat

Evening dress

Black dog pet

6 riding speed lessons
    2 stamina lessons
    1 carry lesson

Rest were potions - invisibility, magic, health, warrior, tri potion, 2 fortifying meal.

some duplicated into gems. Ended up with 25 gems so bought
    1 riding lesson
    1 carry lesson

Overally a good haul from my viewpoint. Unlikely to buy anymore this season due to having everything I want.

I note some items I won aren't in the list of things you can buy with gems. eg the black dog.
    Was - Breton DC ( GIRL - Guy In Real Life toon) Magika Templar Healer/ 5-8 trait Crafter - currently CP290 and learning now starting again on xbox…...

xbox suter1972 - Character name - Hota Woskeef

Xbox EU ESO+ Mature (40+) UK casual gamer
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on what people have filled in on the spreadsheet, you get 1 Gem for discarding a Common (white) consumable card, 5 Gems for a duplicate Superior (blue) card, 13 for a duplicate Epic (purple), 25 for a duplicate Legendary (yellow), and 80 for a duplicate Apex. If these are correct, duplicate blues and purples give the same as on PTS, but duplicate yellows and Apexes (or is it Apices?) give less than they did on PTS. That's a great decision considering feedback was unanimous that duplicate items should give more gems....

Does anyone know whether discarding a Fine (green) consumable card gives 1 or 2 Gems? That entry was changed from one to the other a few times so I don't know which is right. Also, is it possible to discard the purple Major XP Scroll or the yellow Grand XP Scroll in the same way?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Yuls
    Yuls
    ✭✭✭✭

Enodoc wrote: »
    Based on what people have filled in on the spreadsheet, you get 1 Gem for discarding a Common (white) consumable card, 5 Gems for a duplicate Superior (blue) card, 13 for a duplicate Epic (purple), 25 for a duplicate Legendary (yellow), and 80 for a duplicate Apex. If these are correct, duplicate blues and purples give the same as on PTS, but duplicate yellows and Apexes (or is it Apices?) give less than they did on PTS. That's a great decision considering feedback was unanimous that duplicate items should give more gems....

Does anyone know whether discarding a Fine (green) consumable card gives 1 or 2 Gems? That entry was changed from one to the other a few times so I don't know which is right. Also, is it possible to discard the purple Major XP Scroll or the yellow Grand XP Scroll in the same way?

Yellow XP scroll is worth 33 gems.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yuls wrote: »

Yellow XP scroll is worth 33 gems.
    Interesting.... but duplicate yellow items are worth 25? That's a bit inconsistent.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Sigma957
    Sigma957
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a duplicate yellow ( frost mare) and got back 33 gems
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigma957 wrote: »
    I got a duplicate yellow ( frost mare) and got back 33 gems
    Hmm, perhaps whoever put 25 in was wrong then. 33 would match the PTS, and I wouldn't really have thought they would reduce it from that.

Edited by Enodoc on December 2, 2016 10:19AM
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to try the 15 crown crate bundle see what I get I'll post in an edit here.

If I don't get the mount I'm after I'm going to keep trying until I get the mount or enough gems to buy it. I want that damn atro horse!!! Lol

Box 1
    Crown warrior elixir
    Crown lesson: Riding speed
    Soul-shriven armor outfit
    "Clever Man" Wizard Hat

Box 2
    Azure Brow-to-temple Circlet
    Crown Lethal Poison(25)
    Crown Mimic Stone
    Crown Crate Experience Scroll

Box 3
    Crown repair Kit
    Crown Invisibility Potion(5)
    Storm Atronach Transform
    Jawbone Blades

Box 4
    Crown Spellcaster's Elixir(5)
    Crown Soul Gem
    Crown Repair kit
    Helstrom Ancestor Lizard

Box 5
    Chub Loon
    Crown Lessons: Riding Capacity
    Crown Tri-Restoration Potion(5)
    Crown Crate Refreshing Drink

Box 6
    Crown Warrior Elixir (5)
    Fibanaccus Spiral Hat
    Crown Crate Experience scroll
    Crown Soul Gem

Box 7
    Crown Lethal Poison (25)
    Crown mimic stone
    Crown Repair kit
    Roostertail Frills

Box 8
    Crown Experience Scroll
    Storm Artonach Senche Mount!
    Crown Soul Gem
    Shornhelm Shepherd

Box 9
    Crown Survivor Elixir(5)
    Crown Repair Kit
    Soul-Shriven Ragged Clothing

Box 10
    Shadow Striping
    Crown Repair kit
    Crown mimic stone
    Crown Tri-Restoration potion (5)

Box 11
    Crown Warrior Elixir(5)
    Crown Crate Fortifying Meal
    Feathered Bycoket Cap
    Crown Lesson: Riding speed

Box 12
    Wrestler's Buzz Cut
    Crown Repair kit
    Crown Soul Gem
    Crown Lethal Poison

Box 13
    Crown Mimic Stone
    Crown Crate Experience Scroll

Box 14
    Crown lesson:Riding Speec
    Crown Repair Kit
    Crown Invisibility Potion(5)
    Black Main Lion Mount

Box 15
    Crown Soul Gem
    Crown Mimic Stone
    Crown Spellcaster's Elixir(5)

Sounds like RNG here is rigged as well haha :D
    Sherlock AF
    Edited by Malmai on December 2, 2016 10:34AM
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    Yeah, I know, but I had to see for myself. Hell, there's a part of me that wishes I had another $40 to buy another 15 pack of crates JUST to see if I can hit the magic number of 100 crown crates... not a single atro mount.

Because this is like a weirdly sick joke at this point.

@Preyfar ,

Don't beat yourself up man. The shiny in those crates are shiny indeed. I guarantee you that a lot of people who said they would never buy ended up doing so. You're just man enough to be honest about it, and I respect the hell out of that.

It really is only money in the grand scheme of things. And it's not like you blew it on coke and hookers. Heck, you even have something to show for it - most people who fall prey to a binge can't say as much.

The problem with arguing with a jackass is that they never stop braying.
    #DwemerLife
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was (and I think I am still) a huge opponent of the crown crates but yesterday, after I saw that my beloved Frost Mare and Mind Shriven skin are locked in these crates, I couldn't stop myself from buying some crates to get them. If not directly from the crates, then with using crown gems.

So at first I bought 15 crates pack. I didn't write down my results so I don't remember exactly what did I get from those 15 crates but no apex mount. I collected around 75 crown gems after converting all the consumables from the first 15 crates. So still too few to buy the Frost Mare. I decided to buy another pack of 15 crates. After opening these, my outcome was:

- 1 storm atro wolf (it was, beside the horse, the one I really liked at first sight so I was happy. Camel, bear, senche and guar are ugly imo and I wouldn't be satisfied if I got one of these).
    - 3 pets: a lizard, shornhelm sheperd and clouded senche leopard cub (the last one is one of the most adorable pets in the game).
    - storm atro aura - meh... the duration should be much longer or it should give you a minor/major expedition buff for this short duration (which seems logical).
    - a huge bunch of costumes, jewelry, tatoos, circlets, hair etc. - some of them I will defnitely use.
    After converting all of the consumables (I saved 2 exp scrolls) I ended up with 200 gems (no more, no less). So I had enough to buy the Frost Mare and the Mind Shriven skin. Overall, I am really satisfied cause I got what I wanted. If I already had Frost Mare and Mind Shriven skin, I wouldnt definitely buy any crates just to get storm atro mounts cause they are very rare and I consider myself very lucky to get at least one from 30 crates.

Summing up, I spent 10k crowns and got at least three notable items, including two that I really wanted. If storm atro mounts were introduced to the crown store for direct purchase, they would cost 4k each for sure (just like the Dro-M'Athra Senche cause all of these mounts are in the same "quality" in terms of animations when pressing H or Space buttons). Moreover, Mind Shriven skin costed 1,200 crowns originally and the Frost Mare was for 3k crowns. Overall these three items I got are worth 8.200 crowns. I spent 10k on crates. So the remaining 1.800 crowns I spent for the whole bunch of minor items and some of them I will definitely use: like this cute little senche pet. So not such a bad deal.

Overall, the crates were really worth it for me but only that I wanted items other than apex mounts (Frost Mare and Mind Shriven skin), and I got them at the end. But if I were interested only in the apex mounts, I wouldn't definitely buy any crates. Buying the crates, I aimed for the two sure things I can get with the gems, but the apex mounts are not a sure thing and if you don't get them from crates (which is very probable), you will have to collect 400 gems and to do this you need to buy 60 crates! It's a huge amount of money and definitely the storm mounts aren't worth that money. I got what I wanted and I will definitely not buy any crates in the future.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    After getting the luck of the Irish yesterday from 8000cr worth of boxes, decided to to spend another 8000cr today. I wanted the storm senche.

Today I got 2 more apex mounts (the wolf and bear, the bear being a duplicate). Had more than enough gems to buy the apex senche which now I'm more than happy about.

From 16000cr's I've gained:

All 2nd tier mounts and really stoked about having the Frost Mare.
    Apex mounts - Bear, wolf and senche
    Senche pet
    Purple pig pet (bought that with gems)
    Black mask bear dog
    Chub pet
    All costumes other than the Imperial hat with the goggles and brocade robes
    All tattoos, but will never use the beast ones.

I've truly lucked out with this particular set of crown crates and still have enough gems left over to buy 2 2nd tier mounts next time around.

I only wish I could gift certain things to others because I'll never use the red wolf mount or lion mount.
    Edited by Prof_Bawbag on December 2, 2016 11:55AM
  • Suter1972
    Suter1972
    ✭✭✭✭

I only wish I could gift certain things to others because I'll never use the red wolf mount or lion mount.

Yes I thought that too. I wont use the red wolf or the storm senche I got, at least not for the single toon I have. Shame I cant trade it
    Was - Breton DC ( GIRL - Guy In Real Life toon) Magika Templar Healer/ 5-8 trait Crafter - currently CP290 and learning now starting again on xbox…...

xbox suter1972 - Character name - Hota Woskeef

Xbox EU ESO+ Mature (40+) UK casual gamer
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mercutio wrote: »
    Preyfar wrote: »
    Yeah, I know, but I had to see for myself. Hell, there's a part of me that wishes I had another $40 to buy another 15 pack of crates JUST to see if I can hit the magic number of 100 crown crates... not a single atro mount.

Because this is like a weirdly sick joke at this point.

@Preyfar ,

Don't beat yourself up man. The shiny in those crates are shiny indeed. I guarantee you that a lot of people who said they would never buy ended up doing so. You're just man enough to be honest about it, and I respect the hell out of that.

It really is only money in the grand scheme of things. And it's not like you blew it on coke and hookers. Heck, you even have something to show for it - most people who fall prey to a binge can't say as much.

Hmmm, at least one of those transactions seems like more fun than clown crates.
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Enodoc I think your bonus card drop rate should divide by crates not cards as the bonus card percentage is based upon number of crates.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    @Enodoc I think your bonus card drop rate should divide by crates not cards as the bonus card percentage is based upon number of crates.
    Yeah that sounds good. It's currently showing "percentage of cards which are a bonus card", but I think what you said would be more useful :)
  • Cazic
    Cazic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    15 Crates

Storm Atronach Wolf Mount
    Storm Atronach Camel Mount
    Black Mane Lion Mount
    Red Pit Wolf Mount

Bunch of other random stuff that doesn't matter. The riding lessons will be useful for alts.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that sounds good. It's currently showing "percentage of cards which are a bonus card", but I think what you said would be more useful :)

Bonus cards based on number of crates. I like that idea.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spreadsheet moderation: someone added about 50 collectibles and no consumables, thus skewing the drop rate totals, so I've taken those off again.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't get the Google doc thing to work on my iPad correctly, so here are my results:

Crate 1
    Warrior Elixir
    Spell Elixir
    Repair Kit
    Shornhelm Shepherd

Crate 2
    Feathered Headress
    Warrior Elixir
    Senche Leopard Cub
    Refreshing Drink
    XP scroll

Crate 3
    Fibro Hat
    Riding Speed
    Refreshing Drink
    Mimic Stone

Crate 4
    Warrior Elixir
    Shornhelm Shepherd
    Fortifying Meal
    Invisibility Potion

Crate 5
    Survivor Elixir
    Riding Speed
    Warrior Elixir
    Evening Dress

Crate 6
    Rooster tail Frills
    Poison
    Tri Restoration
    Refreshing Drink

Crate 7
    Riding Stamina
    Evening Dress
    Poison
    Aurbic Eye decoration

Crate 8
    Battlemage Captain outfit
    Repair Kit
    Palomino Horse
    Fortifying Meal
    Spell Elixir

Crate 9
    Warrior Elixir
    Daedric Scamp
    Mimic Stone
    Poison

Crate 10
    Fortifying Meal
    Warrior Elixir
    Fortifying Meal
    Daedric Scamp

Crate 11
    Hellstrom Lizard
    Mimic Stone
    Mimic Stone
    Survivor Elixir

Crate 12
    Mimic Stone
    Refreshing Drink
    Repair Kit
    Battlemage Palatine Armor

Crate 13
    Poison
    XP Scroll
    Tri Restoration
    Aurbic Eye

Crate 14
    Shornhelm Shepherd
    Warrior Elixir
    Tri Restoration
    Repair Kit

Crate 15
    Fibon Hat
    Repair Kit
    Invisibility Potion
    Invisibility Potion

I will post others later
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hit exactly 1 bonus card per 6 crates overall yesterday myself.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone got the leopard sench mount? I've not heard anyone saying they've got it from the crates.... it's all I wanted, sad it's locked behind crates.....
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone got the leopard sench mount? I've not heard anyone saying they've got it from the crates.... it's all I wanted, sad it's locked behind crates.....

Spreadsheet says that 3 have been drawn, out of 1600 cards (385 crates). This basically boils down to a drop rate south of 1%, whether you go by total cards or total crates.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK guys, here's a Google Sheet to fill in. Please fill in ALL DROPS in each crate, as partial data is useless. If you get 5 cards, there's a separate box to add that info to so that the totals remain correct.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Zt5oj7PWNFFaTykgXhWQOOkVl1ekHAJgcJpueRN3C40/edit?usp=sharing

@Enodoc you might want to give a look at the average gem per crate conversion.

Based at the numbers @ 10 am

Tier - items found x gem conversion
    Apex - 17 x 80 = 1360
    Legendary - 52 x 25 = 1300
    Epic - 82 x 13 = 1066
    Superior - 369 x 5 = 1845
    Fine - 427 x 1 (2?) = 427(854?)
    Common - 659

6657(7084) gems total
    385 crates opened
    17.291 (18.4) gems per crate.

That means if you want to buy your mount (400) it will be on average 24 to 22 crates, 9600 to 8800 crowns.

This shows us that either the RNG is too low or the conversion rate is too low. Assume ZOS uped the conversion rates (using conservative numbers and on top of the sum)

With a 1.25x boost:
    8321.25 gems
    21.61 gems per crate
    19 crates
    7600 crowns

With a 1.5x boost
    9985.5 gems
    25.94 gems per crate
    16 crates
    6400 crowns

With a 2x boost
    12 crates
    4800 crowns.

The message I'd give is ZOS needs to give better RNG, lower crate cost, or up the conversion rate. On the average you can see these mounts are way too high for most to get into.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reposed in the don't buy thread.
    Edited by Bryanonymous on December 2, 2016 3:53PM
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I will be opening 30 crates later today. Wish me luck, I will be praying to RNGebus for the atro sench but any atro mount will do tbh. I'll post the loot later.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the only thread people are allowed to post about the crates in, lol. Scam, scam, scam, scam, scamy, scam, white knight, shill, scam, manufactured consent, scam, rip off, did I already say scam?

Ok. Got that out. Now, how about we discuss how these could not even qualify as gambling because the gain is so worthless for the money, it's just a scam.

I just hope we will be getting some real content along side our scam. And if you don't like it, don't buy it? Yea, not going to, but I get some crowns for purchasing the craft bag. And if I don't like it, I will say it. Scam.

Gem conversion - scam
    The word 'apex' - scam
    Crown price - scam
    Shallow content - scam
    White knight shills - scam
    Luring naive youth - scam
    Capitalizing on mental illness - scam
    Pissing all over a good game - scam

If I missed anything, feel free to fill in the blanks. Enjoy your scam.

This would be more appropriate in the Do Not Buy Crown Crates thread. This thread is about tracking the drop rate.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the only thread people are allowed to post about the crates in, lol. Scam, scam, scam, scam, scamy, scam, white knight, shill, scam, manufactured consent, scam, rip off, did I already say scam?

Ok. Got that out. Now, how about we discuss how these could not even qualify as gambling because the gain is so worthless for the money, it's just a scam.

I just hope we will be getting some real content along side our scam. And if you don't like it, don't buy it? Yea, not going to, but I get some crowns for purchasing the craft bag. And if I don't like it, I will say it. Scam.

Gem conversion - scam
    The word 'apex' - scam
    Crown price - scam
    Shallow content - scam

This would be more appropriate in the Do Not Buy Crown Crates thread. This thread is about tracking the drop rate.

Didn't they lock that one and direct everyone here? Yea, they did. Every other thread is being directed here.
    Edited by Bryanonymous on December 2, 2016 3:29PM
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    HeroOfNone wrote: »
    The message I'd give is ZOS needs to give better RNG, lower crate cost, or up the conversion rate. On the average you can see these mounts are way too high for most to get into.
    ZOS needs to up the drop rate, but also create an incentive to keep opening them. There is no freakin' reason it took me 87 crates to get a single Atro mount. The system needs to reward players, not punish them. RNG crates are one thing, but it seems like it needs an intelligent drop rate system. If you don't get an Apex reward it should increase the drop rate change by 0.5% or so for each crate until you get one. While it's random, there should be an incentive to keep trying to buy them (for those who are inclined to purchase them).

Most of the items in the crates are, well, awful. But if people are going to pay money they shouldn't feel like they're being punished for doing so.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gem conversion - scam
    The word 'apex' - scam
    Crown price - scam
    Shallow content - scam

Didn't they lock that one and direct everyone here? Yea, they did. Every other thread is being directed here.

I just opened that thread and it is not locked.
    "Get off my lawn!"