Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Welcomes Crown Crates"

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    Community Ambassador
    MissBizz wrote: »
    This is literally no new information.

Are the non-themed items that have not been previously in the crown store exclusive to crates as well? (such as the purple daggerback pet we saw on the PTS)

How many gems can you get for trading in consumables?

Is the gem conversion rate still *just under* 1/3 of the gem cost to actually get that item?

Actually there is new info here. You can now buy crown crates in bundles and you can now convert potions and other utility into crown store gems. Other then that the details are light.

@Darkonflare15 Gina told us in the PTS thread that we would be able to turn in consumables for gems. It's not new info.

Technically the bundles part is true, but c'mon, that was datamined ;)
    Lone Wolf Help
    For the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.
    PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord | WWW
  • TheWhiteDarkness
    TheWhiteDarkness
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can now convert potions and other utility into crown store gems. Other then that the details are light.

We already new this. And they had already hinted at bundles I think.
    PC/EU DC
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can now convert potions and other utility into crown store gems. Other then that the details are light.

We already new this. And they had already hinted at bundles I think.

And the bundles were datamined too. We just didn't know how much they would cost.

And... Surprise... Almost no discount :neutral:
    Edited by Abeille on November 29, 2016 7:20PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • blur
    blur
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober

According to the website:
    "Each Crown Crate is associated with a special “Season" that will include uniquely themed items, and will be cycled quarterly. We're kicking off the first season of Crown Crates with the electrifying Storm Atronach theme."

So let me see if I understand this correctly, what we had on PTS was more than what you are offering each quarter correct? I remember a red wolf mount, the Frost Horse, various other mounts and costumes that are long gone from the ESO crown store, and new things like wizard hat with glasses. Are these not going to be launched with this "quarter"?

The reason I ask is because RNG was a little better on PTS with all the above mentioned items. If you are only offering "storm" themed things and the rest being potions and other "junk" (yes junk, I don't consider 400 crowns worth it for scrolls and potions when I can craft better things for in game currency) then this grab bag of sorts is a colossal rip off. RNG will favor XP scrolls, potions, and other junk items. At least on PTS I had a better chance at costumes, mounts, pets, mementos, etc.

Could you please clarify and respond to this?
  • TheWhiteDarkness
    TheWhiteDarkness
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »
    The only new information I see in the article:
    2. Some consumables can be traded for an unspecified amount of gems.
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Gina told us in the PTS thread that we would be able to turn in consumables for gems. It's not new info.

PC/EU DC
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    Community Ambassador
    Dominoid wrote: »
    This "article" is woefully light on details.
    Can't disagree with that!
    Edited by Enodoc on November 29, 2016 7:29PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    New info in article: The cost and size of crate packs, introduction of converting consumables to gems.

Other than that we are missing all the hard numbers: item list, odds, gem prices, conversion rate, amount of consumables per crate.

On the last one, I don't know what is meant by, "contain a randomized selection of useful consumables that are valued more than the price of a single crate." If I recall, the price per unit on those in the store is already extremely low. They would need to pack the crates with dozens of each item. And the coversion to gem rate would need to equal the price of the first tier gem items.
    Edited by driosketch on November 29, 2016 7:38PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    Alts: Group Photo
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Mx13
    Mx13
    ✭✭✭
    Xabien wrote: »
    Maotti wrote: »
    Then it is really settled, Thursday is the day ESO as we know it dies.

Shameful indeed.

Second time that's happened for some of us. First came after they went back on "we'd rather switch the server off than move away from sub model"

They never said that tho.
  • chjumaliev
    RNG is bad idea... very disappointed.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maotti wrote: »
    Then it is really settled, Thursday is the day ESO as we know it dies.

Shameful indeed.

Now, let's not be so dramatic. It detracts from the serious discussion.

The effects of this kind of switch on development usually take a while to get to us. Besides, we still have content that was already in development before this started to happen so we can get some content for a while before it slows down even more.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I was hoping for some actual information from the article, but it's nothing we didn't already know except for confirmation that you can trade in the crown consumables. No mention of conversion rate, though...

Fully expecting the rates for the apex mounts to be around 0.5-1%, so not bothering with those. I just hope the red pit wolf makes its way into the crown store proper, because I've been looking forward to that since the day it was datamined.

Now I'm just going to wait for someone with too many crowns on their hands to post the rates for these things and confirm my suspicions that they're a trap. It's good business sense, after all, to not hand rare stuff out like candy.