Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Bring back the dwarf race???

• Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its probably even more realistic to get an akavir expansion with akaviri races
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bebynnag wrote: »
    SthomasNV wrote: »
    ... *sigh*

Never going to happen. One thousand other threads discussing this conclude that it will never happen.

Dang that sucks. I haven't went through all the threads yet. It would be smart of them to put a huge dlc out to keep players coming back

Possible future DLC's may contain dwarven elements!

There's dwarven elephants?

• Lisutaris
    Lisutaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mairwen85 wrote: »
    @Lisutaris, wrap that in a spoiler to save people from having seizures please!

good idea, done
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jim_1 wrote: »
    The dwemer race could be brought back...
    True enough. But as I mentioned back then...
    KramUzibra wrote: »
    Whos to say Bethesda won't come up with some weird story that would allow the dwemer to return.
    They might. For a game set -after- Skyrim...
    But we -know- from the lore in the other TES games which are set centuries after ESO, that in all the time between the battle of red mountain and the events of TES:Skyrim, there have -never- been any dwemer returnings. So, no dwemer returnings in ESO either, otherwise people in later times would talk about it.
    ...and that's still it.

We KNOW from the TES-III:Morrowind lore that there has been NO dwemer sighting in all the time after their disappearance. Except that one, and he spent all his time seafching for -just- that. And we further know there won't be any dwemer return for the later games either, so... IF it ever happens, then it has to happen AFTER TES-V:Skyrim.

For ESO... best we -could- hope for is some DLC someday exploring a huge dwemer ruin (Blackreach?) with "flashbacks" to their glory days... and maybe more cosmetic stuff for "dwemer fanboy" characters.
    But that's it.

The only "dwarves" we could possible get in ESO would be the kind that drink wine and know things...
    Tyrion-Game-of-Thrones-700x300.jpg
    :p;):trollface:
    Its probably even more realistic to get an akavir expansion with akaviri races
    Agreed. Or... maybe more likely an expansion covering the isles between tamriel and Akavir (since those three would -just- be the right size for one expansion).
    And there are more races they actually -could- add if they felt like it: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/422285/new-player-race-possibilities/p1 ;)
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If Cadwell was the announcer? Yes I would like to see The Dwarf Race brought back. On foot, riding centurions, spiders or spheres doesn't matter it sounds entertaining. Who else is rooting for the one with the cool beard?
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kathandira wrote: »
    SthomasNV wrote: »
    I wonder if Zenimax would ever consider bringing back the dwarfs as a playable race. Maybe a new dlc???

I think the only way they will be brought in, would be in a proper Elder Scrolls game, not ESO.
    YES! agreed, it deserves to be its own thing
    It could be an amazing stand alone Elder Scrolls Game, what leads up to the mass disappearance & what really happened...
    what did The Heart actually DO to them?!? thrown through time, in an alternate pocket reality, absorbed by the earth bones?
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we please OPEN this back up again especially since we are getting DRAGONS!! Its been a long time since 2016 so I thought why not 🤔

No.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jim_1 wrote: »
    One of the writers for ESO could create a quest where players search for a magical artifact, and use it to open a passage to the Dwemer.

I almost want to know what @ZOS_DominicD would do to a writer that tried that... almost.

Like I said earlier, it wouldn't surprise me if one of the future single player games revolved around an invasion by the Dwemer, but that's not something we'd ever see in ESO.