Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Bring back the dwarf race???

• Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Glurin wrote: »
    He's not exactly in any sort of condition to procreate anyway.

B46eaTNIcAE5LM9.jpg
    That is how he is in TES:Morrowind, roughly 750 years after the events of ESO... a lot of change can happen in those years, especially considering that the disease which will bloat him is not the epidemic in ESO that it will be in TES:morroind, mostly due to dargoth ur still napping at red mountain...

Yeah you ain't kiddin'. Looks like 750 years of soda, cigarettes, hostess cupcakes, and 3 am White Castle runs.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually in Tamriel lore, any child of mixed parentage will not be a halfbreed, but will be of its mothers race (though with the occasional feature from daddy). I assume that some combinations are less likely to be viable and carried to term then others though... and there certainly must be some way for mixed blood to breed true, to explain the bretons - might be magic involved.
    But back to the "mothers race" thing... since the last dwemer is a guy, he cannot repopulate the race, so to speak. Although, if you ever see a dunmer with curly hair... who knows about that ones parentage? ;)

Well, maybe Divayth Fyr can make a female clone of him. :D Just like he made his "daughters".
    But they would be just regular elves. They wouldnt just magically inherit Dwemer culture and their knowledge.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    You could also know basic Elder Scrolls lore to know that this won't happen.

You could also not care about the lore

True but again its a thing with Bethesda so it doesn't matter what you I or anyone else think or want. That said I like the lore the way it is but that's me.

Exactly,they make the lore and can expand the game further,Instead of excuses to confine it.

The problem with that is, this isn't the latest game chronologically. In fact, chronologically, it's the first. This is the earliest point in the TES timeline ever presented to players.

So, here's the problem, the return of the Dwarves would be an enormous event. On par with the Oblivion Crisis and the return of the Dragons. It would massively overshadow the Planemeld in importance.

Now, it's entirely reasonable that TES6 might be about the return of the Dwarves, and set in 4e400 or something like that. With the Dwarves beaming back in, and stomping around Tamriel. Hell, if Bethesda wants to bring the Power Armor system from Fallout 4 over to TES, that would be one really easy way to do it.

But, ESO is in the second era. The Dragons won't return for another thousand years. The idea that the Dwarves did come back in the second era and it was completely forgotten is kinda ludicrous.

EDIT: There's nothing saying the Dwarves can never return, they just can't come back yet.
    Edited by starkerealm on November 25, 2016 7:01AM
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KramUzibra wrote: »

True but again its a thing with Bethesda so it doesn't matter what you I or anyone else think or want. That said I like the lore the way it is but that's me.

Whos to say Bethesda won't come up with some weird story that would allow the dwemer to return.

It is not far fetched as I said before in this thread they where trying to reach ascension and completely vanished when they tried to do this, there is a chance they where wiped out or they really did ascend.
  • DrkHunter86
    DrkHunter86
    ✭✭✭

B46eaTNIcAE5LM9.jpg

You darn kids and your dwarves(dwemer) not really dwarves. I dated a dwarve for 9 years... I can tell you we really don't want them back. She was strong like an orc had the temper of a kugati and looked like a... Ya know elder scrolls has some beautifully drawn monsters. I don't think there's anything ugly enough too compare....lets let the dwemer be the lore that they are. As I will let the horrifying tales of that that once trolled me be the tales that keep children in bed at night... Seriously she had a rich hook like mike Tyson... BARTENDER!!!!! MORE MEAD LOL...
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

B46eaTNIcAE5LM9.jpg
    That is how he is in TES:Morrowind, roughly 750 years after the events of ESO... a lot of change can happen in those years, especially considering that the disease which will bloat him is not the epidemic in ESO that it will be in TES:morroind, mostly due to dargoth ur still napping at red mountain...

Did a little checking. Dagoth Ur woke up and was spreading disease long before the events of Morrowind. 2E 882. Morrowind takes place in 3E 427. Yagrum also mentions returning to Red Mountain and contracting Corprus "a long, long time ago" when asked, so that's somewhere in the neighborhood of a 400 year gap where he could have been infected. I haven't come across anything yet that suggests one way or another if one could be afflicted before then other than some references to the blight being an ancient curse.

For a frame of reference, ESO takes place at about 2E 582. 2E ends at 2E 896. That puts Dagoth Ur's alarm clock at just 300 years after ESO and the events of Morrowind at a little over 700 years after ESO.

And taking this just one step further: The Dwemer disappeared in 1E 700. 1E ends at 1E 2920. So assuming he contracted the disease after Dagoth Ur reawakened, this guy had to have been wandering around for just over three thousand years before he found himself infected with Corprus.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too get this for everyone. Around the 1st era year 700 the dwemer vanished....2nd era 583 the events of eso take place....3rd era 427 the events of morrowind take place according too lore gathered by several sites I've looked into.although I feel at least one may be inaccurate as it states there only 4 years between morrowind and oblivion. I'm pretty sure the time gap there is about 200 years really but here's a link too see for yourself. http://m.ign.com/wikis/elder-scrolls-online/Elder_Scrolls_Timeline
    It's 6 years between Morrowind and Oblivion (3E 427 to 3E 433). It's then 200 years to Skyrim (3E 434/4E 0 to 4E 201).

Enodoc wrote: »
    Abeille wrote: »
    Oh, by the way, since this is a Dwemer thread...
    Orsinium Spoilers:
    I feel compelled to post the Dwemer of Rkindaleft.
    KMcGobK.jpg
    I firmly believe that, despite using the Altmer model (like the Ayleid and the Maormer do, too), that guy right there is a Dwemer. I wish he had a beard, though.
    Does he survive his ordeal in Rkindaleft? (I haven't done that dungeon yet.)
    Not a dwemer sir.... Not even close
    Are you sure? Why not?
    Edited by Enodoc on November 25, 2016 10:12AM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orsinium Spoilers:

KMcGobK.jpg

I firmly believe that, despite using the Altmer model (like the Ayleid and the Maormer do, too), that guy right there is a Dwemer. I wish he had a beard, though.

Why do you think he isn't a Dwemer, @DrkHunter86 ?
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orsinium Spoilers:
    KMcGobK.jpg
    Are you sure? Why not?

Btw, is there any info about that guy in Rkindaleft?
    His dialogue sounds kinda... Dwemer-ish, at least as something you would expect from a Dwemer. Ofc he could be just a crazy Altmer mage but who knows... ;)
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orsinium Spoilers:
    KMcGobK.jpg
    Are you sure? Why not?

Btw, is there any info about that guy in Rkindaleft?
    His dialogue sounds kinda... Dwemer-ish, at least as something you would expect from a Dwemer. Ofc he could be just a crazy Altmer mage but who knows... ;)

No, the quest is all we have. And like it was mentioned before, our character only call him an "elf", not an Altmer. Suspiciously non-specific.

So, an unspecified mer dressed as Dwemer and speaking of tonal architecture.

He also say he could have "saved us all". With "us all", did he mean "us the mortals"? Or... Did he mean "us the Dwemer"? Maybe the reason why he is still around is because he had replacrd so much of his own body with machines that he reached a point where he "didn't count" as a Dwemer for vanishing purposes, when they disappeared, and he thinks that if he had done thst to other Dwemer he could have saved his race. Or he was just off plane like Yagrum, who knows.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:

Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • DrkHunter86
    DrkHunter86
    ✭✭✭
    Orsinium Spoilers:

KMcGobK.jpg

@abeille for one thing the time frame is way off secondly he is too tall for the dwemer... As we know the dwemer are supposed too be very short stout versions of the elven races...that said this character doesn't. Match either of these things. Please too everyone keep in mind dwemer where truly meant too be a lore race.... Filler if you will. They will never be playable and will never show up in eso.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orsinium Spoilers:

KMcGobK.jpg

@abeille for one thing the time frame is way off secondly he is too tall for the dwemer... As we know the dwemer are supposed too be very short stout versions of the elven races...that said this character doesn't. Match either of these things. Please too everyone keep in mind dwemer where truly meant too be a lore race.... Filler if you will. They will never be playable and will never show up in eso.

Fun fact - Dwemer weren't short. It's speculated that the moniker "dwarf" may have been given long ago by the giants of the Velothi Mountains.
    Edited by JD2013 on November 25, 2016 1:08PM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orsinium Spoilers:

KMcGobK.jpg

Can't tell if serious...
  • DrkHunter86
    DrkHunter86
    ✭✭✭
    Orsinium Spoilers:

KMcGobK.jpg

Obviously doesn't mean they aren't a cool race but even looking back too the early days (pre morrowind) this's rave is not conceivable (that race isn't appropriate)
  • DrkHunter86
    DrkHunter86
    ✭✭✭
    Orsinium Spoilers:

KMcGobK.jpg

Obviously doesn't mean they aren't a cool race but even looking back too the early days (pre morrowind) this's rave is not conceivable (that race isn't appropriate)

This just in... My spellings worse than normal..m MORE MEAD BARTENDER!!
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orsinium Spoilers:

KMcGobK.jpg

The time frame isn't off. Yagrum is alive right now (since he is alive in Morrowind time and he can't have been born between here and Morrowind since the other Dwemer are long gone).

Actually, no, we don't know they were supposed to be short. What we know is that they were NOT supposed to be short.

I agree that they can't be playable, but that's because any relevant number of remaining living Dwemer would be absurd. Having one (other than Yagrum) as an easter egg isn't.

Meet my characters:

• Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While everyone's arguing why NOT to bring the dwemer back,they're actually giving all the more reasons TOO bring them back.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While everyone's arguing why NOT to bring the dwemer back,they're actually giving all the more reasons TOO bring them back.

Elaborate?

Meet my characters:

• Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Main reason not to bring them back: they are intriguing because they are gone. The mystery excites us. The community spent years wondering what happened to the Dwemer, the explanation is subtle and complex and very well-written. Bring them back - not just one or two who miraculously survived, but the entire race - and you strip them of their magic. We might get the answers we wanted, but... They're never going to be as satisfactory as what we've built up in our heads. And all for what? I still haven't heard a single good reason why they should become playable.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orsinium Spoilers:

KMcGobK.jpg

The time frame isn't off. Yagrum is alive right now (since he is alive in Morrowind time and he can't have been born between here and Morrowind since the other Dwemer are long gone).

Actually, no, we don't know they were supposed to be short. What we know is that they were NOT supposed to be short.

I agree that they can't be playable, but that's because any relevant number of remaining living Dwemer would be absurd. Having one (other than Yagrum) as an easter egg isn't.
    We could always ask Lawrence. But considering the ambiguity surrounding him (the Elf, that is, not Lawrence), he probably wouldn't answer ;)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Elaborate?

We need answer's
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We could always ask Lawrence. But considering the ambiguity surrounding him (the Elf, that is, not Lawrence), he probably wouldn't answer ;)

We'd have to summon him first and as you know, only @SantieClaws has the power to do so...
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • SantieClaws
      SantieClaws
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Khajiit has used up all her tokens of summoning this month.

Even if khajiit scatters rose petals on the floor - like this and dances in a circle - just like this - and drinks a big cup of red wine - oh here is one - then she is sure @Lawrence_Schick will not hear our yowling mewing pleas for merciful deliverance from dwemer ignorance.

Or if he does appear he is just likely to tell us to get off his lawn. Always they are telling khajiit to get off their lawns. Always the worry about the flowerbeds. Khajiit only wants to pick all the delicious columbine ...

Besides on the subject of the Dwarf races khajiit will still have 10 coins on the one with the spider legs to win please.

Yours with paws
      Santie Claws

Edit: Ah khajiit forgot it is the Black Friday so this one suspects the Loremaster is busy taking notes at the Brotherhood Annual Turkey Assassination. All raise the turkey carving knife of woe!

Edited by SantieClaws on November 25, 2016 3:11PM
      Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
      Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    • Publius_Scipio
      Publius_Scipio
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      JD2013 wrote: »
      Orsinium Spoilers:

KMcGobK.jpg

Fun fact - Dwemer weren't short. It's speculated that the moniker "dwarf" may have been given long ago by the giants of the Velothi Mountains.

This is true. But if I remember correctly the dwemer ghosts you encounter in Morrowind (the game) were represented as dwarf like in height.
    • Rosveen
      Rosveen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      JD2013 wrote: »
      Orsinium Spoilers:

KMcGobK.jpg

This is true. But if I remember correctly the dwemer ghosts you encounter in Morrowind (the game) were represented as dwarf like in height.
      No, they were the same height as Dunmer.
    • ArrerBoy
      ArrerBoy
      ✭✭✭
      We need answer's

Nope. There's a lot more fun in the mystery than the answer. Whether they became the skin of Numidium or something else, best leave it to speculation.
    • Elebeth
      Elebeth
      ✭✭✭
      But... But... The Loremaster SAID!

:p
      "I don't recall using teleportation, and yet there I was. Alone. Naked." Morrowind
    • ArchMikem
      ArchMikem
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ArchMikem wrote: »

How can you play this game and now care about the world it's in? That feels insulting. Elder Scrolls isn't a $5 hooker.

Actually it pretty much is.how much of the lore/game have they broken? I don't play for the "lore", I play cause its a decent game when it works.if I want "lore" I'd read a book. Lore doesn't mean truth btw,it's myth and legend and it's written by the development not players.get off the pulpit already.

Okay, that deserves a "lolwut?" Dude, the Lore is written by the Developers. The Developers own the IP of Elder Scrolls. Therefore, the Lore is truth. It's the truth of Elder Scrolls. People play this game like it's a book to read. The story of a world is being told through our controls and our characters. Where you I believe are just playing it cause you like to kill things with swords and magic.

And since I've never had a High Horse in my life, I'll ignore that last remark.
      CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
      Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    • Vrienda
      Vrienda
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Not going to happen. ESO is set 1000 years before Skyrim and the Dwemer haven't returned in that time period.

At best we'll see that Dwemer that was infested with corpus in morrowind. In fact that's highly likely we'll see him considering we're headed to Vvardenfell soon.
      Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
    • Unfadingsilence
      Unfadingsilence
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Can we please OPEN this back up again especially since we are getting DRAGONS!! Its been a long time since 2016 so I thought why not 🤔
      Edited by Unfadingsilence on May 17, 2019 7:11AM