Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Bring back the dwarf race???

SthomasNV
SthomasNV
Soul Shriven
I wonder if Zenimax would ever consider bringing back the dwarfs as a playable race. Maybe a new dlc???
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... *sigh*

Never going to happen. One thousand other threads discussing this conclude that it will never happen.
  • SthomasNV
    SthomasNV
    Soul Shriven
    ... *sigh*

Never going to happen. One thousand other threads discussing this conclude that it will never happen.

Dang that sucks. I haven't went through all the threads yet. It would be smart of them to put a huge dlc out to keep players coming back
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SthomasNV wrote: »
    ... *sigh*

Dang that sucks. I haven't went through all the threads yet. It would be smart of them to put a huge dlc out to keep players coming back

Possible future DLC's may contain dwarven elements!
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could also know basic Elder Scrolls lore to know that this won't happen.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never gonna happen and you should know better.
  • DrkHunter86
    DrkHunter86
    ✭✭✭
    SthomasNV wrote: »
    I wonder if Zenimax would ever consider bringing back the dwarfs as a playable race. Maybe a new dlc???

Its never gonna happen because its not up too zos too start with. Bethesda the makers of the elder scrolls franchise have ultimate say in all things elder scrolls including eso. And bringing them back would break the lore of the franchise. This is also part of why we wont ever see flying mounts and certain other things people have been asking for. Bethesda is very particular about breaking game lore....one of many reasons they are my favorite developers. Sorry man wishful thinking.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You could also not care about the lore
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ye there only 1 dwemer left and he kinda of a recluse.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »
    ye there only 1 dwemer left and he kinda of a recluse.

And he should be,guys a freak lol
  • DrkHunter86
    DrkHunter86
    ✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »

True but again its a thing with Bethesda so it doesn't matter what you I or anyone else think or want. That said I like the lore the way it is but that's me.
  • Slylok
    Slylok
    ✭✭✭
    FYI Dwarf in TES = Another Elf race and not what people traditionally think when they picture a Dwarf.
    Youtube ESO First Person Gameplay - http://tinyurl.com/o6evusk

Twitter - SlylokYoutube

Google+ - Slylok
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

On which basis you could also play another game.

• DrkHunter86
    DrkHunter86
    ✭✭✭
    Slylok wrote: »
    FYI Dwarf in TES = Another Elf race and not what people traditionally think when they picture a Dwarf.

Dwarves in tes are yes an even like race but also vanished from nirn way before eso's time frame. I wanna say it was either before or very early in the 1 era but my lore is pretty rusty. Point is they where meant too be an almost mythical like race and intended too be extra lore in the series.
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Clockwork City will reveal that Dwemer plan A didn't work:

latest?cb=20140404153434

Whereas plan B was to simply tunnel to Tang Mo and open up a series of automated yogurt shops/dungeons. Whereupon dwarves will become a playable race but much like the falmer are found to have been warped over the ages. Now they look like this:

maxresdefault.jpg
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dwarves in tes are yes an even like race but also vanished from nirn way before eso's time frame. I wanna say it was either before or very early in the 1 era but my lore is pretty rusty. Point is they where meant too be an almost mythical like race and intended too be extra lore in the series.

I believe it was the disappearance of the Dwemer that ushered in the second age.
    The Second Era began appx 2220 years after the disappearance of the Dwemer (the 1st era was 2920 years long). 2E year 1 marks the fall of the Reman Dynasty, and the beginning of direct rule over Tamriel by the Akaviri potentates. In 2E 572, the Akaviri invaders were defeated.

This begins a period known as The Interregnum, a decade or so into which ESO is set. The "Emperors" of this period (such as the ones you see crowned in-game) never controlled much more than Cyrodiil, and are largely forgotten to TES history. In 2E 896, Tiber Septim will complete his conquest of all Tamriel and usher in the Third Era.

433 years after THAT, Martin Septim will end the Oblivion Crisis be defeating Mehrunes Dagon, a Daedric Prince doing pretty much what Molag Bal is doing in ESO. That will mark the beginning of the Fourth Era. 200ish years later, the events in Skyrim will take place.
    (There! Happy @TX12001rwb17_ESO and @builder680 and others?!)

Tiber Septim conquering Tamriel ushered in the third age.

Oblivion Gate Crisis ushered in the fourth age.

I am to assume that the defeat of Alduin will create the fifth age; with dragons back since probably the mythical era.

*insert NERRD GIF*
    Edited by WhitePawPrints on November 25, 2016 2:27PM
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Houzabouti.png
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I believe it was the disappearance of the Dwemer that ushered in the second age.

I am to assume that the defeat of Alduin will create the fifth age; with dragons back since probably the mythical era.

*insert NERRD GIF*
    Firstly it is called an Era and not an Age, this is not Dragon Age and secondly the Dwemer vanished during the battle of red mountain which was only half way through the First Era.

Also if you want to know what Dwarves in ES are, they were only called that because the ones who named them that were giant so they looked short by comparison but by all means they are the same height as most of the other races, they are also actually called "Dwemer" and are a race of technological advanced elves.
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on November 23, 2016 5:14AM
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0b00a41b9f5e8d6f1e0df3fa13505f68a67e25ac89d196e70dac5f37a1553c88.jpg
  • DrkHunter86
    DrkHunter86
    ✭✭✭

*insert NERRD GIF*

You are likely right. As I said my lore is pretty rusty. I stopped reading every book I found in skyrim as it was my least favorite elder scrolls game.....and let the flaming begin lol.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »

On which basis you could also play another game.

OR this one could adapt,see below.

True but again its a thing with Bethesda so it doesn't matter what you I or anyone else think or want. That said I like the lore the way it is but that's me.

Exactly,they make the lore and can expand the game further,Instead of excuses to confine it.
  • SaRuZ
    SaRuZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excuses to confine it? Sorry but for longtime fans of TES series, rewriting something as significant as the disappearance of an entire race to cater to new people would be completely irrational. Morrowind, the best TES game imo, wrote the book on the dwemer and why they vanished. Play it sometime.
    Edited by SaRuZ on November 23, 2016 7:38AM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    J.J. Abrams could make it happen .
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt the dwemer will ever be back. It would be very interesting if in ESO they run a storyline where you end up in the past and see the dwemer and can interact with them. That plot has been used in ESO already, but in relation to the dwemer I'd say that's wishful thinking.

I think the dwemer are cemented in lore as an ancient advanced race that went POOF and that's where they will stay.

That's not to say there won't be more quests exploring dwemer ruins and garnering bits and pieces of new lore about them.

In the (legendary) game Morrowind there were enemy dwemer ghosts in delves. Also the last known living dwemer was a big part of the storyline. Come to think of it, unless I'm mistaken, if he was around during the events of Morrowind that would mean he is technically around during ESO.

The only way we will see the dwemer back in ESO as you suggested OP is if the man, the myth, the legend Sir Lawrence Schick one night partakes in some recreational drug use, loses a drinking game to Rich Lambert, gets completely ripped, goes home, sits at his desk, and goes to town on paper with his pen at 3:43 am.
    Edited by Publius_Scipio on November 23, 2016 7:33AM
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn it...
    I thought this thread was going to be about short people in Lycra running around a stadium
    ..so disappointed right now.
  • SaRuZ
    SaRuZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt the dwemer will ever be back.

I have had a nagging feeling for a few years that Bethesda will bring them back in a very big way and explain where they went. Most likely in TES 6.

It would be cool if that happened but I'd prefer ESO stayed far away from it. They already try to do too much in this game already.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They explained what happened to the dwemmer in Morrowind :D
    Edited by bebynnag on November 23, 2016 7:51AM
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • DrkHunter86
    DrkHunter86
    ✭✭✭
    SaRuZ wrote: »
    Excuses to confine it? Sorry but for longtime fans of TES series, rewriting something as significant as the disappearance of an entire race to cater to new people would be completely irrational. Morrowind, the best TES game imo, wrote the book on the dwemer and why they vanished. Play it sometime.

Thank you!!! I agree 110% on everything you said.
  • DrkHunter86
    DrkHunter86
    ✭✭✭
    SaRuZ wrote: »
    I doubt the dwemer will ever be back.

I have had a nagging feeling for a few years that Bethesda will bring them back in a very big way and explain where they went. Most likely in TES 6.

It would be cool if that happened but I'd prefer ESO stayed far away from it. They already try to do too much in this game already.

Its never gonna happen. Not unless they go way back in time and make a game specifically about the dwemer... And I think you stand a better chance of winning the lottery before this ever happens.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a moment I thought I was on the WOW boards