The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Infallible Infinite Wizard (Magsorc Off-Balance Heavy Attack vMA & Trial Build) Summerset

• darthsithis
    darthsithis
    ✭✭✭
    For me it's like I'll medium attack weave and it'll charge a full heavy and I can't cancel out lol.

Sometimes have to hit potion button 8 times...

And tge rest is rng like the 7th round argonians mender putting a bubble on top of a flower, or in the last round getting feared by the night blade into a ghost then surviving a wrecking blow and the dying from a locked on arrow that my bash didn't stop lmao.

But I will aoe in the ice rink!!! I didn't die there and made it without deaths to eight! Ty for that
    Message me if you want to do trials/dungeons, or need a trading guild! Flawless conqueror magsorc with a bad sense of armor fashion.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    For me it's like I'll medium attack weave and it'll charge a full heavy and I can't cancel out lol.

Sometimes have to hit potion button 8 times...

And tge rest is rng like the 7th round argonians mender putting a bubble on top of a flower, or in the last round getting feared by the night blade into a ghost then surviving a wrecking blow and the dying from a locked on arrow that my bash didn't stop lmao.

But I will aoe in the ice rink!!! I didn't die there and made it without deaths to eight! Ty for that

You can shield through stage 7 if that happens, I usually do that when I get struck by poison in the bubble.

Not being able to cancel out a heavy attack happens to a lot of people, but weirdly, for me it only happens on my argonian templar healer, no idea why.

You can slot crushing shock for the last round, it helps with interrupting :)
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I (finally) got my infallable necklace & spent silly money buying some elegant staves... i have 2 weeks to do this on my main now before homestead goes live on console!

got my 1st clear on my stamSorc so the pressure's off - should be fun! (she types optimistically)
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    I (finally) got my infallable necklace & spent silly money buying some elegant staves... i have 2 weeks to do this on my main now before homestead goes live on console!

got my 1st clear on my stamSorc so the pressure's off - should be fun! (she types optimistically)

You can do it :) I will adjust this build for homestead this week, have to do a few vma runs to test sets and skill setups.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »

You can do it :) I will adjust this build for homestead this week, have to do a few vma runs to test sets and skill setups.

please dont change this post though, the info here isstill live/valid on console for a few weeks yet ;)
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    decided the best place to learn your build would be vMA...
    did up to ice round yesterday - then had to stop because vHR run
    finidhed it off today - i struggled with the crystals (but then this is where i gave up & rage quit the quest a few months ago) but on my 15th/16th attempt i nailed that (insert expletive of choice) and got a charged bow!

Nowhere near as good as your run - but heres me at execute stage

xboxdvr.com/gamer/PuffyTheSlayer/video/26729825
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    decided the best place to learn your build would be vMA...
    did up to ice round yesterday - then had to stop because vHR run
    finidhed it off today - i struggled with the crystals (but then this is where i gave up & rage quit the quest a few months ago) but on my 15th/16th attempt i nailed that (insert expletive of choice) and got a charged bow!

Nowhere near as good as your run - but heres me at execute stage

xboxdvr.com/gamer/PuffyTheSlayer/video/26729825

Nice, now you can farm it for as long as it lasts! I still have to come up with a new build that does decent damage and keeps the concept, but now that infallible aether got nerfed I'm struggling to find one :/
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i noticed in your more recent thread you were working on a homestead version. ;)

you mentioned BSW which is obvioulsy a good set,

Have you tried netches touch for magSorcs? i have tried the set out on live, combined with mothers sorrow, i was hitting hard with overload, but didnt have much burst (frags & curse hit like wet noodles obviously) running exclusivley shock skills from class & destro did give me good syustained damage - but i dont think i was running the best combo!

its an often overlooked set so i was just wondering if you had considered it?
    Edited by bebynnag on February 8, 2017 12:05PM
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    i noticed in your more recent thread you were working on a homestead version. ;)

Have you tried netches touch for magSorcs? i have tried the set out on live, combined with mothers sorrow, i was hitting hard with overload, but didnt have much burst (frags & curse hit like wet noodles obviously) running exclusivley shock skills from class & destro did give me good syustained damage - but i dont think i was running the best combo!

I have tried both spider cultist and netch's touch, even both in combination, and it just didnt produce that much damage... I'm currently occupied optimising my DK build, so this one will be taken care of afterwards. Thanks for the input :smile:
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been wondering this too lately....
    I run a heavy attack build
    5 IA + 5 TBS + 1 kena.... hopefully soon i'll find my lightning staff and dump kena #pipedreams :|

But TBS output is gonna change with homestead and i don't run trials often anymore besides vma.
    I planned on switching back to julianos but now i'm questioning netch's touch. Since ALL my damage is lightning damage, maybe this would hit harder than julianos? Or does netch's touch not add the SP to heavy attacks?
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

5 IA + 5 TBS + 1 kena.... hopefully soon i'll find my lightning staff and dump kena #pipedreams :|

But TBS output is gonna change with homestead and i don't run trials often anymore besides vma.
    I planned on switching back to julianos but now i'm questioning netch's touch. Since ALL my damage is lightning damage, maybe this would hit harder than julianos? Or does netch's touch not add the SP to heavy attacks?

Netchs touch gives you an additional health bonus, max magicka, spell damage and the additional 400 spell damage on lightning damage. The 400 applies to heavy attacks too, so technically 529 spell damage, hmm 933 max magicka and health.

Julianos gives max magicka, two spell crit bonuses and 300 spell damage. So 933 max magicka, ~6% crit and 300 spell damage.

I'd say of you're only dishing out lightning damage (liquid lightning/storm blockade/thunderous rage and lightning heavies) netch is better, plus it empowers overload.

Aether remains there for the constant 8% debuff, minor slayer, spell damage, double crit bonuses & the damage buff to the last tick.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Netchs touch gives you an additional health bonus, max magicka, spell damage and the additional 400 spell damage on lightning damage. The 400 applies to heavy attacks too, so technically 529 spell damage, hmm 933 max magicka and health.

Julianos gives max magicka, two spell crit bonuses and 300 spell damage. So 933 max magicka, ~6% crit and 300 spell damage.

I'd say of you're only dishing out lightning damage (liquid lightning/storm blockade/thunderous rage and lightning heavies) netch is better, plus it empowers overload.

Aether remains there for the constant 8% debuff, minor slayer, spell damage, double crit bonuses & the damage buff to the last tick.

I use exactly what you said in my rotations. I break 30k dps pretty easy. (i know sorc meta/frag builds are over 40k but i prefer this build because it's fun for me)

This is all wearing IA/TBS outside of trials >>>>hits much harder in trials with warhorn, obviously.
    10-12k dps for liquid lightning + blockade... 7-12k for heavy attacks... 2-3k for boundless storm and another 4-7k from curse. Then add in the destro ult and that hits for 20-25k/sec (granted this is only happens every couple minutes)

The only thing that ISNT lightning is velocious curse... not sure how much of a dps hit that will take with netchs touch but i'll do some testing once i farm that set. Thanks for the input!
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Revamped and updated for Homestead.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Witar
    Witar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that you put your build here it will get nerfed as overperforming, as more and more people will use it for an easy farm. Congrats.
    It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
    Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt,
    It lies behind stars and under hills,
    And empty holes it fills,
    It comes first and follows after,
    Ends life, kills laughter.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Witar wrote: »
    Now that you put your build here it will get nerfed as overperforming, as more and more people will use it for an easy farm. Congrats.

The last version already got nerfed with homestead :D we'll see. I'll just adjust it so that it works.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Wizball1987
    Wizball1987
    ✭✭✭
    Can i ask what netches touch was like in testing plz?
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Can i ask what netches touch was like in testing plz?

DPS-wise it is similar to julianos. Basically, you get one additional health bonus as a trade off for lower damage on non-shock damage, that's it. But it's definetely not bad with this build, it buffs literally everything that we use, except for the daedric prey damage on bosses.

So you can use it instead of aether :)
    Edited by Masel on February 20, 2017 12:45PM
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The last version already got nerfed with homestead :D we'll see. I'll just adjust it so that it works.

last version got its overload nerfed, but with the pet buff the new version seems even easier to play?
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    raj72616a wrote: »

last version got its overload nerfed, but with the pet buff the new version seems even easier to play?

It is, definetely. It wrecks stuff in there. I don't use overload anymore, I just added it to the build to enable people the option. I top out at around 35-40k dps on some bosses in the arena... Pets rock now :D I'll tape a run tonight and include it here :)
    Edited by Masel on February 20, 2017 1:47PM
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Witar
    Witar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll just adjust it so that it works.
    Hope you don't have to)

It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
    Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt,
    It lies behind stars and under hills,
    And empty holes it fills,
    It comes first and follows after,
    Ends life, kills laughter.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Updated with a new full flawless run video :)
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    somehow i only managed to get to at most ~12k dps with this build.
    i still have 140cp to go to reach max cp, and i can't get a sharpened IA staff or necropotence staff yet so i'm using 5x necro and 5x IA and an irrelevant staff, and i play a breton, so no shock damage racial passive.

max magicka avg 43460
    spell dmg avg 2723
    spell crit 60.7%

somehow my heavy attack (shock) is only doing 4475 on average (6834 max), which is less than half of what you're doing.
    i know my current build is far from BiS but maelstrom lightning staff make such a huge difference?

edit to add: i also have problem with rotation and animation cancelling, do you have any tips on that aspect?
    Edited by raj72616a on February 22, 2017 3:39AM
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭

Hey man why don't you just put scalding on the back instead of inner light to get the most out of illambris?
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

Hey man why don't you just put scalding on the back instead of inner light to get the most out of illambris?

Yeah one could definitely do that. It's not necessary but could help with that! In my case I simply don't have it leveled :D you can place it under spawns etc, so it's a good idea :)
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    raj72616a wrote: »
    somehow i only managed to get to at most ~12k dps with this build.
    i still have 140cp to go to reach max cp, and i can't get a sharpened IA staff or necropotence staff yet so i'm using 5x necro and 5x IA and an irrelevant staff, and i play a breton, so no shock damage racial passive.

max magicka avg 43460
    spell dmg avg 2723
    spell crit 60.7%

somehow my heavy attack (shock) is only doing 4475 on average (6834 max), which is less than half of what you're doing.
    i know my current build is far from BiS but maelstrom lightning staff make such a huge difference?

edit to add: i also have problem with rotation and animation cancelling, do you have any tips on that aspect?

The vMA staff increases the damage by around 2k per tick, so around 4k dps. That I quite a lot, that's why the piece of Molag kena and at least a necropotence lightning staff on the main bar is important if you want to partially substitute that.

Being a breton does also affect it (4% damage loss on everything)...
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna give this a spin tonight. I have all the gear at my disposal. Any reason not to go with moondancer jewelry and a back bar moondancer fire staff? Your shields would be bigger, and it seems like the back bar VMA is kind of a waste. You could open with a full heavy on the back bar to get more spell damage out of the crafted glyph.

Edit: Also, if you want to run crit pots, I suppose Bound Aegis could be used over Inner light, but i guess that defeats the purpose of easy cheap runs. haha
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on February 22, 2017 7:07PM
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Gonna give this a spin tonight. I have all the gear at my disposal. Any reason not to go with moondancer jewelry and a back bar moondancer fire staff? Your shields would be bigger, and it seems like the back bar VMA is kind of a waste. You could open with a full heavy on the back bar to get more spell damage out of the crafted glyph.

Edit: Also, if you want to run crit pots, I suppose Bound Aegis could be used over Inner light, but i guess that defeats the purpose of easy cheap runs. haha

Yeah that's an improvement if you have it, for with the inferno. Moondancer is definitely better than aether here, I just don't use it because mine is on my magblade :)

I want to save money, but you're right, go with aegis if you're using crit potions.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont have anyone to farm IE with :( otherwise nice build brother.
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Dont have anyone to farm IE with :( otherwise nice build brother.
    Just go with willpower if you don't have aether, that's a small difference and the max magicka comes in handy :)
    Edited by Masel on February 22, 2017 7:47PM
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah that's an improvement if you have it, for with the inferno. Moondancer is definitely better than aether here, I just don't use it because mine is on my magblade :)

I want to save money, but you're right, go with aegis if you're using crit potions.

My other thought was that you reall dont need IL on the back bar. Boundless storm might be a really nice addition or Daedric Prey. I dont really want to use that because that would mean a respec every time I go in there. Boundless storm is underated in VMA. Also, do you even use overload? I watched a few of the boss fights but not the whole thing. I didnt see you use it. I am tempted to just run the destro ulti.

Edit: Also, finally this week I completed my staff setup. Got fire and lighting of VMA and moondancer in sharp. That grind was over a year in the making. Haha.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on February 22, 2017 7:55PM