Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Infallible Infinite Wizard (Magsorc Off-Balance Heavy Attack vMA & Trial Build) Summerset

• coldreactive_ESO
    coldreactive_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I like how your hotbar screenshots show the Hardened Ward Icon, even though you say Empowered Ward. (As well as Lightning Flood instead of the liquid lightning icon.)
    Edited by coldreactive_ESO on March 2, 2017 2:37PM
    NA PC Megaserver
    Lucradia Valeri (D.Summoner) / Saeko Meina (T.Healer)
    GMT -0600 (Central Time, Wisconsin) - PvE Only
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be trying the 5x Spinner, 5x Necro, 1x monster setup later today. I'll comment back with results.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For what it's worth, I'm going to feel embarrassed golding a charged spinner's staff.
    Edited by Adenoma on March 2, 2017 2:46PM
  • Dimillian
    Dimillian
    ✭✭✭
    I did golded a spinner staff... and it's precise, I'm mad at myself.

I'm gonna replace Julianos with Necro, Spinner with willpower and just craft sharpened staves.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least golding a staff is only around 20k gold or so. It's not like we're golding dual wielded weapons.
  • Dimillian
    Dimillian
    ✭✭✭
    Necro sharpened staff are going for 200-500K. That's crazy.
    Yeah Rosin are not very expensive, I did sell a bunch tho, and I should have kept them, cause in fact I need two new legendary staff now.
    But mind you @Adenoma you should not go for Spinner, I'm replacing it right now. Use sharpened instead on crafted staff, necro, willpower + 2 monster pieces (medium + heavy). It'll net you far more DPS and utilities.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Dimillian wrote: »
    Necro sharpened staff are going for 200-500K. That's crazy.
    Yeah Rosin are not very expensive, I did sell a bunch tho, and I should have kept them, cause in fact I need two new legendary staff now.
    But mind you @Adenoma you should not go for Spinner, I'm replacing it right now. Use sharpened instead on crafted staff, necro, willpower + 2 monster pieces (medium + heavy). It'll net you far more DPS and utilities.

Have you actually used the charged staff spinner setup? You have 1 monster set piece in it. The charge thing gives you and up to 18% damage increase and 40% to heavy attacks.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dimillian , I've got sharpened spinners inferno and lightning that are gold. I'm not planning on running those or sharpened necro staves. Have you seen the DPS parses for charged lightning staff builds like this one? I think you're missing the point and mechanics of the proposed build.

@Masel92 , how often are you able to or find the need to pulse the volatile familiar? What about the twilight heals?

Thanks!
    Edited by Adenoma on March 2, 2017 3:54PM
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Adenoma wrote: »
    @Dimillian , I've got sharpened spinners inferno and lightning that are gold. I'm not planning on running those or sharpened necro staves. Have you seen the DPS parses for charged lightning staff builds like this one? I think you're missing the point and mechanics of the proposed build.

@Masel92 , how often are you able to or find the need to pulse the volatile familiar? What about the twilight heals?

Thanks!

The familiar pulse should be refreshed as much as possible, but let it run out. I don't even use the twilight heal at all... I just use it for the passive damage it provides :) puh its getting tough to reply to all the messages and comments I get :D
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • coldreactive_ESO
    coldreactive_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The volatile familiar by the way doesn't take aggro at all pre-50. Solo'ing certain bosses (or attempting the trial of fang sidequest) would be suicide. This seems to be only a thing in non-instanced areas (IE: open world, delves, and open-world caves, etc.)
    Edited by coldreactive_ESO on March 2, 2017 6:53PM
    NA PC Megaserver
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    @Masel92

You've created a successful build; messages are part of success ;)

In all serious though, it's a fun build and am enjoying. Thanks.

My only complaint is that on console we can't direct the familiar in to hold aggro, which makes a big difference when soloing world bosses. Oh well.

- Dras

• Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    So charge or sharpened staves? Anyone have the math? I've seen it for sharpened versus precise, but not charged.
  • st333vo
    st333vo
    Thanks for the build info. I never thought i would get to finish VMA. I still haven't, but i'm at the last boss now. Its the closest I have ever been. Boy its a tough one hopefully fluke past it tonight.
  • Draqone
    Draqone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gorilla wrote: »
    So charge or sharpened staves? Anyone have the math? I've seen it for sharpened versus precise, but not charged.

I came here to ask the same question, especially for the backbar staff.

Having a higher uptime on the Vulnerability debuff, coupled with the crushing enchant, could provide a little more DPS.
    ESO Balance:
    “All skills are equal, but some skills are more equal than others.”
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    I like how your hotbar screenshots show the Hardened Ward Icon, even though you say Empowered Ward. (As well as Lightning Flood instead of the liquid lightning icon.)

So which is correct
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

So which is correct

Liquid lightning and hardened ward :)

Thanks for the positive feedback! I haven't done the exact math between both, but in solo play charged has pulled ahead for me in terms of damage numbers now and here is why I think it does:

The calculation is rather simple: sharpened trait: 5180 pen which is equal to an
    ~11% damage increase. Then add a 5-piece bonus and the normal uptime on concussion that you get without a charged staff with a shock glyph. This is hard to calculate as it varies, but the charged staff will almost guarantee you the minor vulnerability, off-balance and the 40% damage increase on you heavy attacks.

So with charged, you get ~100%*18% plus the 40% from heavies plus you can use the spinner 5 piece bonus, so another 8% on top.

So basically, you trade a monster set 2-piece and 1000 against the above %-increases in damage.

The advantage of charged is that the spinner staffs in charged are dirtcheap and easy to get. I bought mine for 2k each :D so no grind involved.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • coldreactive_ESO
    coldreactive_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Welp, guess I'll have to pay to reset my morphs again, I used empowered ward, since it gives a buff of intellect. (With the Bastion Passive though, the HP of the shield is stupidly high even if it's the empowered version.)
    Edited by coldreactive_ESO on March 5, 2017 9:09PM
    NA PC Megaserver
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Welp, guess I'll have to pay to reset my morphs again, I used empowered ward, since it gives a buff of intellect. (With the Bastion Passive though, the HP of the shield is stupidly high even if it's the empowered version.)

I did my first clears with the empowered one, so both are fine :)
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • WarpigFunk
    WarpigFunk
    ✭✭✭
    Quick question on alternate gear sets ... since Necro is super expensive right now (70-100k for a single piece of divines on PS4 NA... sharp staffs over 250k) Spinners is also expensive ...

But I'm wondering about Scathing Mage + Moondancer/ Infall with iLambris,
    Will this dramatically underperform Necro + Spinners due to less magicka? Or is this a viable option.

Right now I have a BSW set, Julianos set, TBS set, ut no Necro, no spinners - have a couple of scathing pieces, so I could put together that set pretty quickly I think. My maelstrom staff is ice - so I would run ice/ lightning which makes BSW uptime a non factor, so Im thinking Scathing would be better - unless Julianos is just superior until I can farm up a Necro set.

Cheers!
    PS4 [NA]
    Hingle McKringleberry - Altmer MagSorc DD The Flawless Conquerer
    Sek Sual Chocolate - Redguard StamSorc DD Stormproof
    Doktor Feelgood - Breton Templar Healz Boethia's Scythe
    Tiberius Asskickatron - Imperial DK StamTank Mageslayer
    -VERIFIED-
    -FFF-
    vAAHM 100k+, vSOHM 100k+, vHRCHM 100k+, vMoL 78k, vDSA 36k, vMA 535k
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feannag wrote: »
    Since Spinner and Necro are both light sets, are you running 7 light pieces of armor?

Thanks, I like the idea of cheap (but effective)!

People that don't have access to the monster sets probably don't have undaunted leveled so 511 isn't even useful
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    WarpigFunk wrote: »
    Quick question on alternate gear sets ... since Necro is super expensive right now (70-100k for a single piece of divines on PS4 NA... sharp staffs over 250k) Spinners is also expensive ...

But I'm wondering about Scathing Mage + Moondancer/ Infall with iLambris,
    Will this dramatically underperform Necro + Spinners due to less magicka? Or is this a viable option.

Right now I have a BSW set, Julianos set, TBS set, ut no Necro, no spinners - have a couple of scathing pieces, so I could put together that set pretty quickly I think. My maelstrom staff is ice - so I would run ice/ lightning which makes BSW uptime a non factor, so Im thinking Scathing would be better - unless Julianos is just superior until I can farm up a Necro set.

Cheers!
    Necropotence is really good in this, so just get it in *** traits, still better than anything else.

Run one heavy monster set piece, 5 spinners with charged staffs and 5 Necropotence with any trait :) shouldn't be too expensive!
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have only precise and nirhoned vma lightning staff - which in is better for this setup?

Or shouls I use them on back bar and cast blockade then swap? If that is the answer - I have infused vma lightning - maybe it is better for second bar blockade?

Why two pets, bound aegis or stalward guard (or whatever it is called for minor force) would probably increase dps?
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Masel92
    Just wanted to say thanks. Walked into vma for the first time on my sorc and got flawless. It was one of the easiest runs I've ever had.

I golden out my vma precise lightning staff and crafted julianos. I had 2 necro body pieces in divines and went with necro jewelery. Neck was purple rings were BLUE. No monster set.

Mages guild was still at level 5. With inner light and no passives in mages guild, but with undaunted 9, max magicka was 47k.

The shield was so strong I survived round 5 and 7 helping my wife make dinner while spamming the shield button when I was distracted. It was awesome!!!
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • NinthPrince64
    NinthPrince64
    ✭✭✭
    @Masel92

You've created a successful build; messages are part of success ;)

In all serious though, it's a fun build and am enjoying. Thanks.

My only complaint is that on console we can't direct the familiar in to hold aggro, which makes a big difference when soloing world bosses. Oh well.

- Dras

I was kind of hoping they would aggro Crematorial Guards on Stage 9, final boss. That doesn't seem to be the case, though. I am used to beating VMA on a stam sorc with lots of health regen. I am going to have to figure out a new strat for that final round of Stage 9.

On another note, what is the relevance of the VMA sharp destro staff on the back bar? I have one, but the build doesn't seem to use any of the active destro abilities. Is there some passive benefit?
    Thanks.
  • NoRefunds
    NoRefunds
    ✭✭✭
    Meteor is better than Thunderous rage in your opinion? also do you think that both pets are needed or its possible to use just one?
  • sutasafaia
    So how do you recommend leveling this class? Is there a way to level it that's as easy as it is to play at end-game? I'm planning to start one from scratch since I currently have no Altmer (or high level mag sorcs). I've always found mag sorc complicated to play with tracking all the procs and the like, so an easy mag sorc sounds very nice.

How badly does DPS suffer using Clannfear instead of it's other morph? You mentioned it not holding agro while leveling so this might be better while leveling?

Also, if I just enjoy Breton more...how badly am I screwing myself not using an Altmer >.>
    Edited by sutasafaia on March 14, 2017 11:47PM
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Highly recommended!

Just did a 554k flawless with this build on my second try. There is definitely still room for improvement on my part. Only changes I made was to use a moondancer inferno on back bar, and I just double barred a shield instead of IL on back as it's not really needed. I think this makes a really good flex spot. I want to experiment with boundless, ele drain, and daedric prey. I also didn't even bother with over load. Destro ult is OP in there.

I also just ran trial CP (98 ele, 26 elf, 1 staff, 75 thaum). I really couldnt tell much of a difference, but I think your way is a touch better if you don't mind swapping.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on March 15, 2017 3:03AM
  • NoRefunds
    NoRefunds
    ✭✭✭
    can i replace aether with elegance set?
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    NoRefunds wrote: »
    can i replace aether with elegance set?

Yes you can :) and I believe thunderous rage is better than meteor, it is far more bursty and enables you do skip mechanics and has a much bigger range... that would be harder with meteor!
    Edited by Masel on March 15, 2017 11:37AM
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    NoRefunds wrote: »
    Meteor is better than Thunderous rage in your opinion? also do you think that both pets are needed or its possible to use just one?
    I have only precise and nirhoned vma lightning staff - which in is better for this setup?

Or shouls I use them on back bar and cast blockade then swap? If that is the answer - I have infused vma lightning - maybe it is better for second bar blockade?

Why two pets, bound aegis or stalward guard (or whatever it is called for minor force) would probably increase dps?

Nirnhoned should be better because the additional weapon damage scales better with the heavy attacks! it doesnt do anything for your pet damage, but I'd prefer that one. You can put it on the back br as well and use another lightning staff on main, works too :) Infused is very goode too for back barring it :)
    PC EU

Youtube: