Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Infallible Infinite Wizard (Magsorc Off-Balance Heavy Attack vMA & Trial Build) Summerset

• Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know yet what to revert to or change for my no pet build, I'm not really a theory crafter and don't have PTS, so if anyone has any suggestions- that would be great. :-)
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Asardes wrote: »
    How would this build change to account for the Mechanical Acuity change. Since the Sorcerer rotation is mostly DoTs, with little direct damage, would other sets work better? For example I was thinking of using something like 5 Necropotence on the body, 5/3 Infallible Aether jewelry & front bar infused Lightning staff with Maelstrom infused lightning back bar and 2 Ilambris in medium/heavy for Undaunted passive.

We can go 5x necro, 5x Infallible and 2x Ilambris (undaunted mettle) now too, and with the buff to heavy attacks, the 5 piece IA bonus looks pretty tantalising...

IA isn't as good as on a dk because the lightning damage you have either way gets you a good minor vulnerability uptime without IA. On a sorc, critical chance and max magicka are the way to go because they buff everything now, spell damage does not affect pets and Shields, so going for spell damage is detrimental in two ways.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »
    How would this build change to account for the Mechanical Acuity change. Since the Sorcerer rotation is mostly DoTs, with little direct damage, would other sets work better? For example I was thinking of using something like 5 Necropotence on the body, 5/3 Infallible Aether jewelry & front bar infused Lightning staff with Maelstrom infused lightning back bar and 2 Ilambris in medium/heavy for Undaunted passive.

We can go 5x necro, 5x Infallible and 2x Ilambris (undaunted mettle) now too, and with the buff to heavy attacks, the 5 piece IA bonus looks pretty tantalising...

IA isn't as good as on a dk because the lightning damage you have either way gets you a good minor vulnerability uptime without IA. On a sorc, critical chance and max magicka are the way to go because they buff everything now, spell damage does not affect pets and Shields, so going for spell damage is detrimental in two ways.

In that case, which front bar set should I pair with Necropotence? A few options I've looked at are:
    1) Mother's Sorrow - it may actually outperform MA since it's on all of the time you spend on front bar - I do have lightning staff in infused.
    2) Netch's Touch - not sure how the 5p buff affects the pet but it will add quite a bit of damage to the other abilities.
    3) Moondancer - I don't have a lightning staff from that set, and the 5p doesn't look that good since in group content it gives either magicka recovery - the build has already good sustain - or spell damage - it doesn't help the pet.
    4) Queen's Elegange - will only buff your heavy and light attacks by 20% (I think they stack additively with other % bonuses tho those so it's less in practice), but also has 2K maximum magicka.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

In that case, which front bar set should I pair with Necropotence? A few options I've looked at are:
    1) Mother's Sorrow - it may actually outperform MA since it's on all of the time you spend on front bar - I do have lightning staff in infused.
    2) Netch's Touch - not sure how the 5p buff affects the pet but it will add quite a bit of damage to the other abilities.
    3) Moondancer - I don't have a lightning staff from that set, and the 5p doesn't look that good since in group content it gives either magicka recovery - the build has already good sustain - or spell damage - it doesn't help the pet.
    4) Queen's Elegange - will only buff your heavy and light attacks by 20% (I think they stack additively with other % bonuses tho those so it's less in practice), but also has 2K maximum magicka.

I'm currently developing this one as a full max magicka stack, I'll post an update later on :smile: on a sorc with all possibly max magicka amps (bound aegis, inner light, warhorn), the mage mundus and the destruction mastery set are equal to their spell damage equivalents..
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm currently developing this one as a full max magicka stack, I'll post an update later on :smile: on a sorc with all possibly max magicka amps (bound aegis, inner light, warhorn), the mage mundus and the destruction mastery set are equal to their spell damage equivalents..

I was considering Destruction Mastery also, but that set needs to be on both bars, since you don't want to lose that much maximum magicka when you bar swap, and that means you have to drop Maelstrom. I was just wondering if the loss of DPS from LA & HA is worth it. The upside to that is that I can convince people that is META I can trick them into running vDSA more often. They run from that and vSO like it's the plague :D
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was considering Destruction Mastery also, but that set needs to be on both bars, since you don't want to lose that much maximum magicka when you bar swap, and that means you have to drop Maelstrom. I was just wondering if the loss of DPS from LA & HA is worth it. The upside to that is that I can convince people that is META I can trick them into running vDSA more often. They run from that and vSO like it's the plague :D

I had a feeling this might happen a week or two ago so bought a full set in divines for cheap in the traders lol. 5x body pieces DM, 3x jewellery and both staves necro, then undaunted monster. Glad to see I was not completely delusional in my hopes lol.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

I'm using a willpwoer staff on front bar for additional shield strength and a vma lightning back bar, monster sets for ranged dds are useless for a heavy attack build on a sorc :neutral:
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    If damage is driven by crit and magicka, why are the rings recommended for SD? Wouldn't boosting magicka be more effective?
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@Asardes Netch's does nothing for pet damage, as it still buffs SD (just specific to shock).

It's a little counterintuitive, since the pets clearly do shock dmg, but theirs is still based on your max Magicka.
    Gorilla wrote: »
    If damage is driven by crit and magicka, why are the rings recommended for SD? Wouldn't boosting magicka be more effective?
    I assume you're referring to the set bonus portion of things. Your non-pet skills will still see the same bonus from +SD as they do on live. Also, SD will still be buffed from Spell Power pots, further buffing the above.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭

Gorilla wrote: »
    I assume you're referring to the set bonus portion of things. Your non-pet skills will still see the same bonus from +SD as they do on live. Also, SD will still be buffed from Spell Power pots, further buffing the above.

Yes. And thanks. So to summarize, pet builds favor Mag and Critical; non-pet builds favor all 3?

One other question...what type of HA ticks (or even pulse ticks) are people seeing on these builds? I play console so it's my only way to compare. Thanks.
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭

So if I am running MS and Necro (+ LLambris), with MS on front bar, how would the bar skills stack up? I normally AoE on the front, with utility / spike damage / etc on the back. Thanks.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    56 CP into Master at Arms? Arent most of our attacks dot abilities? Including lightning staff (scales off thaumaturge). 56 points into staff expert instead would get us a 30% increase to both light and heavy attacks
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destruction Mastery + Necropotence + Mage Mundus + Inner Light and Bound Aegis = 61779 max magicka
  • MakeMeUhSamich
    MakeMeUhSamich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destruction Mastery + Necropotence + Mage Mundus + Inner Light and Bound Aegis = 61779 max magicka

Dayum.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dayum.

Yeah, empowered ward has a 28915 tooltip, daedric pret 14059 and familiar does 5178 every 2 seconds... loooove this update lol
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    As always another great build from you @Masel92 :-)

If you get chance could you tidy the wording and rotation up please as it still has references to prior versions of the build on there.

I look forward to testing this one out, thanks again :-)
    I'm a Dunmer DK Damage Dealer - My that's a lot of D's
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

If you get chance could you tidy the wording and rotation up please as it still has references to prior versions of the build on there.

I would love to do stuff like that, but all i can do right now is compile feedback to present tomorrow at the first dev+class rep meeting...
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭

I would love to do stuff like that, but all i can do right now is compile feedback to present tomorrow at the first dev+class rep meeting...

Ah, of course. I remember seeing your post around this. I would definitely say this is a priority for you at the moment and I really hope it works as intended. It’s definitely something that’s well over due.

I hope all goes well :-)
  • pizzaow
    pizzaow
    ✭✭✭
    I was running some numbers with the max magica build, and you are slightly better off with infused for the big pieces:

Infused (increase enchant by 20%): 868 * 20% = +173.6
    Divines (increase mundas by 7.5%): 2028 * 7.5 = +152.1

...not likely to make a noticeable difference, but if you are min-maxing then it should be better (and usually cheaper to buy).
    XBox/NA GT: Pizzaow
  • TheMage
    TheMage
    5 Necro + 5 DM, all Divines + 3 parts Infused (Ilambris Visage, Necro Legs, Necro Robe) + Mundus Mage + Imp + Bound Aegis + Inner Light + Thunderous Rage Ult + Solitude Salmon-Millet Soup = 61174 Magicka.

How did you achieve 61779?

And yes, without vMA staff (if you still haven't it), 5 Necro + 5 Destruction Mastery is the best choice.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Edited by TheMage on June 13, 2018 10:19PM
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheMage wrote: »
    5 Necro + 5 DM, all Divines + 3 parts Infused (Ilambris Visage, Necro Legs, Necro Robe) + Mundus Mage + Imp + Bound Aegis + Inner Light + Thunderous Rage Ult + Solitude Salmon-Millet Soup = 61174 Magicka.

How did you achieve 61779?

And yes, without vMA staff (if you still haven't it), 5 Necro + 5 Destruction Mastery is the best choice.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT:

73qJMx0.png
    • 5x Necropotence, (2x gold rings, 1x nirnhoned/infused lightning staff, 1x purple necklace)
    • 5x Destruction Mastery (5x gold divines body pieces)
    • 2x Ilambris (1x heavy, 1x Medium, both divines)

Front Bar: Daedric Prey, Aegis, inner Light, Empowered Ward, Volatile Familiar, Shooting Star
      Back Bar: Lightning Blockade, Aegis, Liquid Lightning, Power Surge, Volatile Familiar, Thunderous Rage
    Edited by Bobby_V_Rockit on June 14, 2018 10:13AM
  • Pnyx
    Pnyx
    ✭✭
    Struggling with vMA but need a vMA staff to beat vMA. /facepalm
    Wasting my time here.
  • MakeMeUhSamich
    MakeMeUhSamich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pnyx wrote: »
    Wasting my time here.

You absolutely don’t need a VMA staff to beat it. Someone beat it using only the broom and bucket. There’s even a 1 bar VMA build here on the forums.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Pnyx wrote: »
    Wasting my time here.

You don't need a vMA staff to beat it. You can use another set: undaunted infiltrator. Retrait it to arcane. It has the same effect as a vMA staff...
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • GugyinCognito
    GugyinCognito
    Soul Shriven
    First off thank you for taking the time to share your build.
    I have what may be a rookie question. I have only been playing about two months (CP235) so bear

with my ignorance.
    I'm not very good and the constant key combinations (I'm a bit old school) so I appreciate the

simpler rotations.

I have almost finalized this build with the Necropotence / Mechanical Acuity gear.
    What should I be selecting for passives?
  • deLioncourt
    deLioncourt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have what may be a rookie question. I have only been playing about two months (CP235) so bear

with my ignorance.
    I'm not very good and the constant key combinations (I'm a bit old school) so I appreciate the

simpler rotations.

I have almost finalized this build with the Necropotence / Mechanical Acuity gear.

This build is dead now.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

with my ignorance.

simpler rotations.

This build is dead now.

A build like this is actually really good for blackrose prison due tot he superior AoE. I'll update it as soon as iI have the time.
    Edited by Masel on October 23, 2018 5:12PM
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @Masel i've linked my off meta pet sorc build below. Not sure if it will bring anything to the table but it hits 40k using only 4 skills and Spell Power Pots. I'll be trying your rotation later with my setup to see how it compares.

https://youtu.be/CUOsdz8JH0w
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance of the mdk version getting an update