Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of August 5:
· PC/Mac: No maintenance – August 5
· NA megaservers for maintenance – August 7, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· EU megaservers for maintenance – August 7, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – August 7, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) - https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/663391

Infallible Infinite Wizard (Magsorc Off-Balance Heavy Attack vMA & Trial Build) Summerset

• Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Masel92 wrote: »
    Gonna give this a spin tonight. I have all the gear at my disposal. Any reason not to go with moondancer jewelry and a back bar moondancer fire staff? Your shields would be bigger, and it seems like the back bar VMA is kind of a waste. You could open with a full heavy on the back bar to get more spell damage out of the crafted glyph.

Edit: Also, if you want to run crit pots, I suppose Bound Aegis could be used over Inner light, but i guess that defeats the purpose of easy cheap runs. haha

Yeah that's an improvement if you have it, for with the inferno. Moondancer is definitely better than aether here, I just don't use it because mine is on my magblade :)

I want to save money, but you're right, go with aegis if you're using crit potions.

My other thought was that you reall dont need IL on the back bar. Boundless storm might be a really nice addition or Daedric Prey. I dont really want to use that because that would mean a respec every time I go in there. Boundless storm is underated in VMA. Also, do you even use overload? I watched a few of the boss fights but not the whole thing. I didnt see you use it. I am tempted to just run the destro ulti.

Edit: Also, finally this week I completed my staff setup. Got fire and lighting of VMA and moondancer in sharp. That grind was over a year in the making. Haha.

You don't really need inner light there, but I like the simplicity of the setup/build.

Daedric prey is not really needed as well, most things die too fast to make that worth running :D

I don't use overload, I just put it in the build because I wanted to leave people the option to use it. It might definitely fasten up a few things, for example the 8th boss. Just overload until ~213 ultimate and then drop the destro ultimate :) That should nearly kill every boss that is in there.

BTW, is there any trick that makes the second boss faster? I feel like spending half of the time in there alternating between the three centurions.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
    Options
  • Starless06
    Starless06
    ✭✭
    Thanks for sharing your build I watched your video of your run. We're you using Ilambris in it? I never noticed the proc.
    Options
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DUDE!!! I totally forgot to mention I tried this last night. I am 100% Sold. I died 4 or 5 times because i just needed to adjust my strats in a a few spots, but holy cow does stuff die. Its also a little easy to get channel blind. The only place I dont like it is on archer or mage heavy rounds (round 4 of stage 7 and 8) as you are vulnerable when you channel, but a defense sigil makes that a non issue. On round 3 of stage 5, I did something to trigger everything to spawn at once, but still managed to group it up and nuke it.

I honestly think I am burning bosses faster with this than with my Elegant Overload build. I didnt even use overload. I just destro ult bombed everything. The last boss was at 67% before he had a chance to even blink, let alone summon a guard, and the titan was dead before he got off an attack. My first death came on the round 5 boss because I wildly over-nuked him and he blew me up. haha. My other deaths werent even in hard parts, it was just me fumbling with a new setup.

I also was able to pull 37K DPS on a target dummy with just elemental drain. I wont call it best in slot or anything, but there is a very easy DPS rotation in here somewhere that you could train a monkey to do. Well played, sir, well played.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on February 23, 2017 11:01PM
    Options
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    DUDE!!! I totally forgot to mention I tried this last night. I am 100% Sold. I died 4 or 5 times because i just needed to adjust my strats in a a few spots, but holy cow does stuff die. Its also a little easy to get channel blind. The only place I dont like it is on archer or mage heavy rounds (round 4 of stage 7 and 8) as you are vulnerable when you channel, but a defense shield makes that a non issue. On round 3 of stage 5, I did something to trigger everything to spawn at once, but still managed to group it up and nuke it.

I honestly think I am burning bosses faster with this than with my Elegant Overload build. I didnt even use overload. I just destro ult bombed everything. The last boss was at 67% before he had a chance to even blink, let alone summon a guard, and the titan was dead before he got off an attack. My first death came on the round 5 boss because I wildly over-nuked him and he blew me up. haha. My other deaths werent even in hard parts, it was just me fumbling with a new setup.

I also was able to pull 37K DPS on a target dummy with just elemental drain. I wont call it best in slot or anything, but there is a very easy DPS rotation in here somewhere that you could train a monkey to do. Well played, sir, well played.

Yeah the rotation is easy mode. 5/6 Skills and ultimates for 37k? Hell yes.

I'm sure that this is a gamechanger in vMA, but sadly, that will push up weekly sorc scores even more.

I'm not using overload either, most things die fast enough without it. In the run video a few things went wrong, and the score was still far over weekly border.

Glad that you like it!
    PC EU

Youtube:
    Options
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DUDE!!! I totally forgot to mention I tried this last night. I am 100% Sold. I died 4 or 5 times because i just needed to adjust my strats in a a few spots, but holy cow does stuff die. Its also a little easy to get channel blind. The only place I dont like it is on archer or mage heavy rounds (round 4 of stage 7 and 8) as you are vulnerable when you channel, but a defense shield makes that a non issue. On round 3 of stage 5, I did something to trigger everything to spawn at once, but still managed to group it up and nuke it.

I'm sure that this is a gamechanger in vMA, but sadly, that will push up weekly sorc scores even more.

I'm not using overload either, most things die fast enough without it. In the run video a few things went wrong, and the score was still far over weekly border.

Glad that you like it!

Honestly, the only changes I would make would be to further simplify is. I think next run I am just going to drop IL on my back bar to double bar a shield. You really dont need the extra DPS. Also, wont even bother slotting overload. I think if you were wanting to be a little more aggressive, you would make room for daedric prey for the bosses, but it's just not needed for 100-0 burns.
    Options
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

Glad that you like it!

Honestly, the only changes I would make would be to further simplify is. I think next run I am just going to drop IL on my back bar to double bar a shield. You really dont need the extra DPS. Also, wont even bother slotting overload. I think if you were wanting to be a little more aggressive, you would make room for daedric prey for the bosses, but it's just not needed for 100-0 burns.

The damage is pretty crazy as it is, so daedric prey is only worth slotting on the overload bar, if one wants to run it. I'm totally fine with having shield only on main bar, so I keep inner light there :)

Keep me up to date which scores you get, I'm busy getting my templar full run video at the moment.
    PC EU

Youtube:
    Options
  • Chronicburn
    Chronicburn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice but my level 8 spec still looks better topless than you do in that epic gear :0)
    Options
  • darthsithis
    darthsithis
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait to try. Awesome that pets are good now haha
    Message me if you want to do trials/dungeons, or need a trading guild! Flawless conqueror magsorc with a bad sense of armor fashion.
    Options
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    @Masel92

Feedback from an active but mediocre player...

I have been wanting to get back into a magsorc build and tried this out over the weekend. Farmed Necro and running 5x Destruction Mastery, 5x Necro, and crafted purple lightning (sharpened / +500 SP) and crafted ice (precise / shock). All gear purple. 450 CP. Roughly similar distribution.

Loved it. I ran a few different skills as I am leveling them up, but once I get rotations down (and gear upgraded, etc.) I can see the fun in it.

Just for a benchmark, I came home from the pub last night (after quite a feW) and soloed the two spider bosses in Craglorn with only a few deaths. Given my state, it's all upside.

Questions
    1. what is the best way to avoid aggro -- I found myself kiting more than I ever did with Clanfear (but felt stronger)
    2. What are best staff glyphs for a solo player
    3. Prior to monster set and VMA weapons, is the best just a crafted staff or are there some interim BiS options
    4. Why would Elegant trump Destruction Mastery?
    5. Is there any merit to Night Mother (or whichever one boosts critical)

That's all for now. Thanks!
    Edited by Gorilla on February 28, 2017 1:04AM
    Options
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Masel92
    Got a friend that only really plays solo
    Any of the recommendable open world 1 tam sets that can fill in for monster set and jewelry?
    Options
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Gorilla wrote: »
    @Masel92

Feedback from an active but mediocre player...

I have been wanting to get back into a magsorc build and tried this out over the weekend. Farmed Necro and running 5x Destruction Mastery, 5x Necro, and crafted purple lightning (sharpened / +500 SP) and crafted ice (precise / shock). All gear purple. 450 CP. Roughly similar distribution.

Loved it. I ran a few different skills as I am leveling them up, but once I get rotations down (and gear upgraded, etc.) I can see the fun in it.

Just for a benchmark, I came home from the pub last night (after quite a feW) and soloed the two spider bosses in Craglorn with only a few deaths. Given my state, it's all upside.

Questions
    1. what is the best way to avoid aggro -- I found myself kiting more than I ever did with Clanfear (but felt stronger)
    2. What are best staff glyphs for a solo player
    3. Prior to monster set and VMA weapons, is the best just a crafted staff or are there some interim BiS options
    4. Why would Elegant trump Destruction Mastery?
    5. Is there any merit to Night Mother (or whichever one boosts critical)

That's all for now. Thanks!

Hey again, I'm going to answer this piece by piece:

1. If you're on PC, you can command your pets to go in before you do to grab initial aggro. I haven't noticed that, with the build I usually just stand there and kill stuff, don't even have to move on world bosses :smiley:
    2. As you don't have a vMA lightning staff, use spell/weapon damage glyphs and a shock glyph to proc concussion.
    3. Get yourself any heavy piece of grothdarr/kena/infernal guardian/illambris. Makes a huge difference. Then use necropotence/netch's touch/elegance/julianos weapons.
    4. Elegance buffs your heavy attacks and overloadand gives two max nagicka bonusesi don't really . If Done right, overload is still very viable with this build.
    5. I don't really know what you want to know here :smile:
    Hope that helps. The key is that heavy attacks scale mainly with spell damage and pets and Shields only scale with max magicka. So you've got to find the right balance between the two.

PC EU

Youtube:
    Options
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    @Masel92
    Any of the recommendable open world 1 tam sets that can fill in for monster set and jewelry?

That does limit the options a lot. But if I'd have to choose, make him go with 5 necro and 5 destruction mastery. The second is a dungeon set, but is very cheap to buy. Or julianos is fine too. The undaunted mettle passive and the one heavy piece do make a huge difference, so I highly recommend him going for them. Normal pledges are a faceroll with this build anyway.
    PC EU

Youtube:
    Options
  • Dimillian
    Dimillian
    ✭✭✭
    For the moment I run a crushing shock DPS build, I'm tempted to switch to a pet based build.

I have 2 illambris, 5 Julianos and the rest is spinner set. Do I really need to switch to Necropotence and aether, will I really loose much DPS if I only switch skill and not my gear?

I'm lazy and I want to try pet, but I don't really want to invest time or money into new gear hehe.
    Options
  • taiji2078
    taiji2078
    ✭✭✭
    Hello and thank you very much for this build !!! It works great for questing and to solo some instances.

I cannot kill world bosses with this build. I'm always dead because out of mana, since I cannot hold block and also do a heavy staff attack.

My gear isn't very great either. I'm using 5x Julianos and 5x Spinner's Garnment ... all epics, 160CP.

1. Can you please confirm that it is normal that I cannot kill world bosses with this build ... ok, I was playing wrong. I didn't keep the shield up 100% of the time.

2. Can you please tell me what kind of crafted armor should I use if Julianos is wrong ... I'm currently grinding Necropotence ... but it's a hell ... nothing good dropped yet ... I'm never getting pieces with the Divines trait ... and there's nothing to buy from guild traders.

Please help me answering the two points above.

Thank you very much !!!
    Edited by taiji2078 on March 1, 2017 8:53AM
    Magicka Pet High Elf Sorcerer , Magicka High Elf Nightblade, Magicka High Elf Templar, Imperial Warden Tank
    Options
  • Dimillian
    Dimillian
    ✭✭✭
    I killed craglorn group content alone with this build, CP 250, julianos, spinner and illambris. Are you sure you keep surge + shield up all time?
    Edited by Dimillian on February 28, 2017 2:11PM
    Options
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    taiji2078 wrote: »
    Hello and thank you very much for this build !!! It works great for questing and to solo some instances.

I cannot kill world bosses with this build. I'm always dead because out of mana, since I cannot hold block and also do a heavy staff attack.

My gear isn't very great either. I'm using 5x Julianos and 5x Spinner's Garnment ... all epics, 160CP.

1. Can you please confirm that it is normal that I cannot kill world bosses with this build ... or I'm just too much of a noob :))
    2. Can you please tell me what kind of armor should I use ... I'm currently grinding Necropotence ... but it's a hell ... nothing good dropped yet ... I'm never getting pieces with the Divines trait ... and there's nothing to buy from guild traders.

Please help me answering the two points above.

Thank you very much !!!

you dont have to block if it is not a heavy attack. the damage shield from Hardened Ward does not benefit from resistance and blocking, it always take the full amount of damage.
    Options
  • taiji2078
    taiji2078
    ✭✭✭
    strange i cannot delete this post ...
    Edited by taiji2078 on March 1, 2017 8:46AM
    Magicka Pet High Elf Sorcerer , Magicka High Elf Nightblade, Magicka High Elf Templar, Imperial Warden Tank
    Options
  • Dimillian
    Dimillian
    ✭✭✭
    Any idea of my bottleneck ? I did that on a 3M boss in Craglorn, I have Julianos, Spinner and illambris set.
    I think that I didn't had prey up so the debuff up enough, but not sure if it's because I miss those 4K mana or not.
    Edited by Dimillian on March 1, 2017 8:40AM
    Options
  • taiji2078
    taiji2078
    ✭✭✭
    Dimillian wrote: »
    I killed craglorn group content alone with this build, CP 250, julianos, spinner and illambris. Are you sure you keep surge + shield up all time?
    - no, i didn't keep shield up 100% of the time ... I was counting on the heal from surge. this was the mistake I guess ... I really need to farm the necro set tho ... too bad I invested EVERYTHING I had to upgrade spinner's and julianos ... it will take some time now 'till I'll be able to upgrade more gear ...

Thank you too raj, I didn't know this about the shield ... I was thinking switching some attribute points from magicka into health ... with best potions I have only 16k health and some bosses are 1 shotting me, like it happened last night in some random veteran dungeon ... in the end I also got kicked at the last boss for pussing by mistake ressurect at shrine ... that option should be removed from that menu and added to a secondary one.

again thank you !!!

Edited by taiji2078 on March 1, 2017 8:51AM
    Options
  • Dimillian
    Dimillian
    ✭✭✭
    - no, i didn't keep shield up 100% of the time ... I was counting on the heal from surge. this was the mistake I guess ... I really need to farm the necro set tho ... too bad I invested EVERYTHING I had to upgrade spinner's and julianos ... it will take some time now 'till I'll be able to upgrade more gear ...

Thank you too raj, I didn't know this about the shield ... I was thinking switching some attribute points from magicka into health ... with best potions I have only 16k health and some bosses are 1 shotting me, like it happened last night in some random veteran dungeon ... in the end I also got kicked at the last boss for pussing by mistake ressurect at shrine ... that option should be removed from that menu and added to a secondary one.

again thank you !!!

Haha we wear exactly the same gear, do you happen to know your DPS ? I think Spinner is fine, but could be replaced with Willpower, I might do that. And also might replace the Julianos set with Netch Touch.
    I don't really need this 4K+ magicka but the bonus of 400+ on light attack, which is what I use purely is gold!
    Options
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Masel92

That does limit the options a lot. But if I'd have to choose, make him go with 5 necro and 5 destruction mastery. The second is a dungeon set, but is very cheap to buy. Or julianos is fine too. The undaunted mettle passive and the one heavy piece do make a huge difference, so I highly recommend him going for them. Normal pledges are a faceroll with this build anyway.

Thanks a bunch. Was buying necro for him anyhow, another set thats easy to buy works
    Options
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

again thank you !!!

Haha we wear exactly the same gear, do you happen to know your DPS ? I think Spinner is fine, but could be replaced with Willpower, I might do that. And also might replace the Julianos set with Netch Touch.
    I don't really need this 4K+ magicka but the bonus of 400+ on light attack, which is what I use purely is gold!

Spinner is a lackluster set if you're doing open world content, and here is why: you have 100 Base spell penetration, then 5260 sharpened and 4884 light armor passive. Open world mobs and bosses and enemies in normal instances have only 9.1k resistance, so spinner does literally nothing for you if you have sharpened weapons. In veteran dungeons you will most likely have a healer that uses elemental drain, which gives another ~5k spell penetration and a tank that uses crusher enchantments/alkosh, so another 1.7k and 3k from alkosh. So basically, spinner is only worth using if you're not using sharpened weapons. I have a build with it that works on all magicka classes now, with charged staves, illambris, 4 aether and 5 spinner that gives great results!

Necropotence is an absolute must for this build. The 4000 magicka are amazing for pet damage and shield strength, so whatever you do, get that set.
    Edited by Masel on March 1, 2017 10:07AM
    PC EU

Youtube:
    Options
  • Dimillian
    Dimillian
    ✭✭✭
    That I wanted to hear thank you, so I'll get it asap, and I think I'll replace julianos with netch touch :)

But I don't use the 5 items of spinner, it's purely for magicka and spell damage+
    Edited by Dimillian on March 1, 2017 10:19AM
    Options
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Masel92
    5Dest mastery, 5 necro, random gold lightning staff, his first run in took 3 hours, but no experience and first run down :)
    Options
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    @Masel92
    5Dest mastery, 5 necro, random gold lightning staff, his first run in took 3 hours, but no experience and first run down :)

Nice! GZ to your friend :) it really is easy mode in there.
    PC EU

Youtube:
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Masel92 , what would you substitute for IA in the pre-VMA completion build. I've only gotten stam weapons from VMA and don't even have my third completion under my belt on my stamsorc (but I got a sharpened bow!). I don't have the time to search for trial groups to run normal trials and farm up the IA. How considerable is the difference?

I was thinking elegant seems like a good combination to run. Set it up like 5x elegant, 5x necro, 1x max magicka monster set?
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
    Options
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    @Masel92 , what would you substitute for IA in the pre-VMA completion build. I've only gotten stam weapons from VMA and don't even have my third completion under my belt on my stamsorc (but I got a sharpened bow!). I don't have the time to search for trial groups to run normal trials and farm up the IA. How considerable is the difference?

I was thinking elegant seems like a good combination to run. Set it up like 5x elegant, 5x necro, 1x max magicka monster set?

He recommended 5 destro mastery for my friend. That got a pretty noobish player through in 1 try (3ish hrs). Suffice to say 5dest 5necro and a 1pc spell dmg or magicka monster set should work
    Options
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

He recommended 5 destro mastery for my friend. That got a pretty noobish player through in 1 try (3ish hrs). Suffice to say 5dest 5necro and a 1pc spell dmg or magicka monster set should work

Yep, that should work. I'd actually recommend using 5 spinner 5 necropotence and charged staves with a shock enchant. Dirtcheap and very effective. Just put 75 cps in Thaumaturge and enjoy heavy attack meltdown.
    PC EU

Youtube:
    Options
  • silentdude
    silentdude
    ✭✭

I am coming back from a year and a half break and decided to try this build for my first completion of vMA, cause i can't dps to save my life with a 300+ ping with a "normal" build. It was super easy, completed yesterday for the first time with 440 CP using 5x elegant 5x necro 1xkena, and did two more runs afterwards.

I am now sitting at 1h30minutes. In the last boss the scamp may make things harder by killing things too fast and not opening the portal to go upstairs in case you don't kill crystals in one go. I wonder if the Spinner+Necro setup with charged weapons recommended by Masel92 is going to make things ever easier, gotta try it later.
    Options
  • Feannag
    Feannag
    ✭✭
    Since Spinner and Necro are both light sets, are you running 7 light pieces of armor?

Thanks, I like the idea of cheap (but effective)!
    Feannag
    Options