The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

What's the state of Pvp in your opinion?

• Kaspar
    Kaspar
    ✭✭✭
    "How can I play on the same terms against stamina characters if they can dodge roll 16 times, CC break 12 times... "

Add to this the fact that many use third party cheat-ware that tells them well in advance when to "DODGE NOW!" and you will understand why none of your channeled or flight time spells ever hit anyone.
    Definitely exchange ~600-800 regeneration to spell damage and get more HP. I'm assuming 11.7K HP is before entering Cyrodiil so in Cyrodiil you have +5000 = 16.7K HP. This needs to be 20-25K.
    Edited by Kaspar on November 4, 2016 1:21PM
    Options
  • ChrisXO
    ChrisXO
    ✭✭✭
    PVP in Azuras feels pretty good now; take CP out of the game and PVP really can seem a lot more balanced. Would recommend.
    - ad scrub -
    Options
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChrisXO wrote: »
    PVP in Azuras feels pretty good now; take CP out of the game and PVP really can seem a lot more balanced. Would recommend.

Seriously? You must be kidding. Proc sets dominate azura even more than anything else, since its dmg is not affected by the stat loss. Azura is the biggest non-skill mess in eso at the moment. It`s like the extreme version of the imbalance experienced in cp campaigns.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Psilent wrote: »
    Pvp is in the worst shape its ever been ,between pop imbalances, a dead map where there is only one fight, and mass pvdoor what a waste

I'm glad I get the new Skyrim special edition for free next week...it will be a few months before Cyrodiil recovers if it does at all

The PVE portion of the game is great, in fact it has never been better, but the pvp portion has suffered in reverse and is at the worst it ever has been...

Where do you go to claim your free Skyrim this week?

If you own all the Skyrim DLC on PC or previously purchased the Legenday Edition through Steam it will automatically be added to your Steam library on Oct 28th or 29th this Friday I do believe at no charge to you. It's a free upgrade for PC owners

Nice... I saw it today and wondered when I had bought it
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • Nightenhowl
    Nightenhowl
    ✭✭✭
    Massive procfest, infernal guardian is terrible no LOS check. I guess its back to bwb.
    Options
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep with PvP as it is time for Skyrim and cancel my sub
    Options
  • Mauz
    Mauz
    ✭✭✭
    - No death screen without set procs
    - Players running 3 proc sets at a time only doing 1-hits from stealth and disappear gameplay over and over rule the leaderboard
    - 2 piece PvE sets >>> PvP sets, 5 and 3 piece PvE sets >> PvP sets, at least PvP sets kinda as good as crafted sets
    - Nightcap over and over again until campaigns are dead

If you like to play medium armor you are more or less limited to 1 shot noob stomp.

But I do not really have big issues with lags, fps drops, crashes.

And its still better than anything else. I downloaded the f2p wow client. OMG what a crap gameplay engine compared to ESO.

Options
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even impenetrable traits won't save you. Reroll stamina get a 2h and S&B viper weapons and jewellery, tremorscale and a set of black rose. You will at least have a chance then.

I find the people running this cheese are cowards. Everyone runs this crap and then you all complain about lack of balance? This is why!
    Options
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panth141 wrote: »
    Rant/essay:

For the past couple of years I've enjoyed PvP more than any other content - the need for you to compete using your own skill had made it the real 'end game' for me. Sure, I ran dungeons and farmed what needed farming in PvE, but it was all focused on improving PvP play.

Over the past month - and even more so over the last week - I've become incredibly disaffected with PvP. There has always been a 'meta', but you've also always been able to combat it in some way. You could always get through it and have some success with enjoyable, skill-based builds. Even when your class/build was in a bad place, if you knew it well then you could make it work - and make it work well. When Malubeth was broken, you could stack debuffs and time your burst cleverly. When shuffle/major mending stamDKs/Templars were an issue, you could avoid their LoS traps and exploit their mis-timed heals. When (and still..) Templars stack jesus beams on you, you can interrupt their channel and watch as they struggle to remember what their other buttons do. Now? Now you're fighting against players with incredible defence from HA, incredible sustain from HA, and frankly obscene burst from proc sets. What is the counter to that? Don't hit them so their Wrath/Constitution passives don't activate? Don't get hit so that their procs don't work?

After 1T dropped on PS4, I hopped on my trusty PvP mDK. Sure, open world he can falter a bit, but he takes pride in 1v1 combat - he uses HA (not BR) but loses out on damage and (some) sustain from doing so. I hopped into a few duels - killed a few sorcs, had a few long - but successful - fights against tankier builds. Then in comes a CP ~300 stamina NB. Black rose, Viper, Velidreth. By no means a 'unique' build. As a HA mDK, my burst is somewhat lackluster - this is my problem - had it been a bit higher I could've gotten through his heals. But every 4-9 seconds, without fail, in comes the viper + veli proc. Being tanky and with good dueling heals from Embers, I could make it through - and I did so for the first 10-15 combos - I just couldn't punch through his damned resistances. Eventually he gets a lucky proc and I drop after about 20 minutes. Feeling a bit disheartened I took a break for the night.

Next evening- someone has obviously stalked Fengrush/Sypher's channel and farmed throughout the night. Sword & Board stamDK. I've seen those videos too, so I had no doubts what I was going up against. Sure enough, procing all over the place - eventual death recap - Tremorscale, Viper, Dawnbreaker (with a little reverb bash thrown in). As there was no Widowmaker, I can only assume that Black Rose was thrown in there. I'm not sure which is better.

So to answer your question, OP - after a few more nights and many more similar duels, plus a fair amount of time in Cyrodiil, I respecced my mDK for PvE. This meta is horrible and those who don't conform to it - excluding those very skilled players - are absolutely gimping themselves beyond measure. Pretty soon I expect that those who refuse to use these builds will vacate Cyrodiil, and everyone else will switch to them. To those people, I say enjoy the proc race - I truly hope that you manage to get your procs off slightly before the other guy does.

Firing Wrobel and hiring Mickey Mouse to manage pvp would bring a ton of players back to Cyrodiil.
    Options
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is group fighting. Find a good group and stick with them untill you get some idea what works. Alot of these guys have been playing together for about as long as you been playing eso so good luck, hope you brought some templars.
    Options
  • Chori
    Chori
    ✭✭✭✭
    When one tamriel came out, I told myself that it would be a good time to quit because I hate this meta. Altho I ike to have fun with friends or kill time sometimes, therefore Talos may forgive me I went proctard on my nightblade. Unfortunately unless you run those you will be destroyed by them. Either viper, or tremorscale, or velidreth, or widowmaker.

Wrobel what the F have you done to this game man? It is almost not fun anymore....
    EP NA-PC - Invictus - Odem Mortis
    1. Stamina NB Cat - ChoriB'Good
    2. Magicka NB High Elf - Lîndara
    3. Stam Sorc High Elf - Lindara Moonlight
    4. Red Guard Stamina DK - Chorî
    5. Red Guard Stamina Templar - Choripaninikinnie
    6. Magplar High Elf - Vagitarian Sillonour
    Don't tell me you lag, I play with 200-300 ms all the time ^_^
    Options
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Chori wrote: »
    When one tamriel came out, I told myself that it would be a good time to quit because I hate this meta. Altho I ike to have fun with friends or kill time sometimes, therefore Talos may forgive me I went proctard on my nightblade. Unfortunately unless you run those you will be destroyed by them. Either viper, or tremorscale, or velidreth, or widowmaker.

Wrobel what the F have you done to this game man? It is almost not fun anymore....
    You can still run w/e you want as long as you have a pocket Templar. :trollface:
    Options
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Emp running around with destro ult is Zos just trolling us now PvP is a joke this isn't the game I bought
    Options
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    An emp with Firestorm is probably the closest thing we have to 1-8 bat stack emps back when. I can almost get a 14k tooltip without emp, so I imagine s properly spruce emp is pretty insane.

Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

Options
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    An emp with Firestorm is probably the closest thing we have to 1-8 bat stack emps back when. I can almost get a 14k tooltip without emp, so I imagine s properly spruce emp is pretty insane.
    Them spruce emps, indeed.

Nerf spruce, buff mahogany.
    Options
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You would notice that ...
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

Options
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    having been out of pvp for a while and coming back to it, it seems somewhat toxic.

have to run 'cheese' to stay alive long enough to see what's happening.

fortunately, zos rng dispenses LONG, sometimes very LONG, load screens and gives us all time to reflect on how we were killed and what we should be doing differently.

Options
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have way less lag since one tamriel. Sadly it is overshadowed by proc sets and one shot builds. I tried yesterday and still had some fun. But I saw some 2-handed guy one shotting from stealth an entire group of 6 people. My guess is it was the ultimate and the group where light armored.

I play on non-CP as magblade with 3k spelldamage and 2k regeneration and 36k magicka. I tried to hit someone so I cast cripple+entropy and concealed weapon. I did not do any damage. So I was like WTF so I run away like the coward I am. Then I see he has not that many health so I try again. Cripple+entropy and swallow soul as I wanted to keep distance. no damage again so I charge in like a mad rabid dog so I could conceal him from stealth. And then I was dead in one blow because of procs.

Yay fun. At least I could reez other people quick because I crafted a nice set of kragnac's hope.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
    Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am almost new to PVP, just finalized my gear for my main for PVP and gonna craft the gear for my second char asap, as she got to vet level yesterday night :smiley: , so for me PVP is pretty much fun now. I read about the issues of course, but I do not care about them now.
    Options
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    Still having a blast. Gotta play the meta to beat the meta. I overcome and adapt and don't cry on the forums. That's so seducer warlock vr 12 (blue).

What he said.

Yes, it is near impossible to play Light/Medium armor now. Then go adapt for god sake. Put on that Heavy and play with that. It was totally obsolete for so friggin long - let it get some time in the sun. Then we can all switch back, when they nerf it to the ground again.

A good example; I wanted to play my Lich/Alchemist Gank-style MagNB, but was not really enjoyable with the one-shots from Heavy Armor ppl. So i adapted. I put on Heavy Armor (Trainee + Necro), changed race to Argonian, put on Vitality Pots and equipped Malubeth. Voila, i got myself a SapTank, which is actually pretty decent it turns out. I can now go toe-to-toe with a Meta Procbuild.

If you really really want the "old" experience, go to BwB.

But yeah, if you want to bring a knife to a procfight, you gonna loose...
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
    Options
  • deevoh1991
    deevoh1991
    ✭✭✭
    It's nice but I wish they could drop gold as well. Like even 5-10 Gold a player kill would suffice. I dunno what is there to gain since I'm a little new besides maybe a few achievement unlocks and a very random and vague assortment of goodies in mail
    PSN GT : Divzor
    Options
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    Still having a blast. Gotta play the meta to beat the meta. I overcome and adapt and don't cry on the forums. That's so seducer warlock vr 12 (blue).

Props for this guy!! :) Makes me wonder if he has been playing since release. I can barely get myself to log in, but sometimes want to cause boredem!! And with stupid procs in pvp NO way!! Same old bologna different day! Gotta play meta to beat meta true, but so cheesy/boring!!

ILOnf1O.jpg

Yes daily since pc realease April 2014. 11 maxed toons. I take two weeks off per year.

Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
    Options
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spends one afternoon PVPing. Runs into a veteran player and gets hammered, as he should. Comes to forums to whine. My goodness... in what game did you start winning in PVP against vets on your first day!? Even WoW has a learning curve. Simply watching streams doesn't give you the experience needed to perform well.

IMO the state of PVP is better than it has ever been. Lag is far less of an issue than it was a year ago. Balance is better than it has ever been - yes even despite the proc builds. I find it far easier to kill a proc build on my non-proc build than I did killing a Magicka DK, Magicka Sorc, any Stam build, during their respective heydays. Memories tend to lose their edges over time... and it's easy to look back on past times and think "those were better times for sure!"

And seriously, Magicka Sorcerer is in a good spot right now. They are rather unique in their ability to run 16-17k HP and still be more tanky than your average 30k HP stamina build - assuming they stay on top of shields. The class is BUILT for magicka burst damage and has lots of great tools to make use of it.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Many of the players in this game have turned themselves into nothing but proc receptacles.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hrothbern wrote: »
    Playing Eso for 1 year, usually watching top Pvpers'streaming, but never approched PvP myself.
    I was thinking something like: "I want to get a good build in order to compete on equal term with those bad bruhs" . Well, this can be questionable, to be honest, but the fact is that I played pve for about all the time since the beginning and I enjoyed that.

Yesterday I decided to give a try to it with my full build Magika Sorc (5 julianos gold, 2 Nerien, 3 willpower) and I found it NOT FUNNY.
    Yes I may be not good at the game and this would end up in bad results in pvp, but I would like to underline some points that are not l2p issue related, in my opinion.
    How can I play on the same terms against stamina characters if they can dodge roll 16 times, CC break 12 times and still spam Vigor 5 times while animation cancelling at me Swallow sould, Terror, dawnbreaker and executioner. Approximating for excess I can dodge roll and cc break 1 time.

After some of this kind of experiences, I decided I was doing something wrong. Maybe I should get the distance and throw my rotation from far away, maybe from behind some ally guys.
    The exact same guy of the previous example, switching bar, started spamming Snipe from a distance none of my skills cant compare.

So, my question is: what's the point of playing a magika sorc if stamina based characters prevale in every aspect?
    More damage, better resource managing, same or better skills from the distance . In which aspect a magicka sorc really shines over stam characters?

Of course, these are only impressions from my point of view. What frustrates me is that after enjoying so much the storyline and the pve in general, I cant do the same with PvP cause of its (apparently) unbalance. And all the time spent in the PvE suddendly appears senseless.

I would appreciate your points of view, over, eventually, some build suggestions.

If you are new to PVP...

start like an ordinary Joe

Don't look too much to Hollywood stars on stream
    Don't try to kill that one person that is better

Just start learning
    going through all different kind of situations that you see other people doing around you
    and watch around you to your fellow Aliance players

And if you die to often/fast... slot some more defensive stuf

And Nerienth will do you no good in PVP

And make friends. It's just a game afterall :).
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After watching all the proc crap and speed hackers back in game my opinion of pvp is about as low as it can get, seems like zos has given up on doing anything about cheaters and exploiters /sigh
    Options
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since 1T, i can barely make it past the login screen. I ALMOST logged in yestd but the state of pvp and forums remind me why stop playing.
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some of these procmonkies completely bail if they don't kill you in an opening. They just run away and hope their procs trigger next time. What the heck is the point of pvping like that.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    Some of these procmonkies completely bail if they don't kill you in an opening. They just run away and hope their procs trigger next time. What the heck is the point of pvping like that.

As if the balltards don't do enough damage when they roll over people-now they're all armor proc'ing as they do so. Garbage trash is garbage. I think we should all pvp one night sans armor. Let's see who is hiding their total lack of skill behind their cheesy armor.
    Options
  • EölMPK
    EölMPK
    ✭✭✭
    Does ZOS announced any balance in the next patch? Cause its pretty clear that we need this for yesterday!
    Eöl[MPK]
    PS4
    Grungebr - Altmer magicka templar
    Eölbr - Dunmer magicka necro
    Drizztbr - Khajiit stamina nb
    "In my thoughts and in my dreams, they're always in my mind
    These songs of hobbits, dwarves and men, and elves
    Come close your eyes, you can see them too...
    "

Options