What's the state of Pvp in your opinion?

• Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My biggest gripe, as of right this moment with PvP, is the destro ult.

It is kind of funny to see the zergs running heavy with this ult... if they time it right... they can mow down anything in front of them with incredible ease.

I have seen EP and AD zergs execute this quite well actually. They charge forward as a tight group and hit another group with it... Destro ult does such insane damage, it's a wipe unless you can get out within a couple seconds.

I recently started investing a lot of time into my Mag DK... gearing him up etc. I can't tell you how frustrating it is to die so quickly, with block up, to the destro ult.

Proc sets are a joke by comparison.
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
    Options
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rohaus wrote: »

1eewh3.gif
    Options
  • Vitaely
    Vitaely
    ✭✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    You can still run w/e you want as long as you have a pocket Templar. :trollface:
    Couldn't agree more. 95% of all veli/viper/widowmaker tremor/viper cannot burst you with a single attack (it's rng requires them to be out of combat for 10+ seconds to proc everything at the same time and it's luck based, also requires good damage unless you're running around with 20k health). You have time to save.

However you better defend that templar when all your opponents start attacking him.

Edited by Vitaely on November 18, 2016 7:19PM
    Factotum | PC NA
    AD E'lurin sNB | Curufinwë Fëanor mDK | Anaïs Le Fey mSC | Fréyja mT | Nïenna mW
    EP E'lured sNB | Vanÿa sT | Caïssä mDK
    DC E'lwing mNB
    PVE Brýnhildur mDK | E'lectra sSC | Antígone sDK | Valkýrja mNB | Yølanda sW
    Options
  • mike.eso
    mike.eso
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yikes this thread is rough.
    Options
  • Vitaely
    Vitaely
    ✭✭✭
    Mikmak wrote: »
    It's either run with the ganker/tank meta or stop pvp altogether at this point.
    Factotum | PC NA
    AD E'lurin sNB | Curufinwë Fëanor mDK | Anaïs Le Fey mSC | Fréyja mT | Nïenna mW
    DC E'lwing mNB
    Options
  • mike.eso
    mike.eso
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vitaely wrote: »

Nah I disagree, you can still make a lot of stuff work out there. I would somewhat agree that you may be gimping yourself a bit with some alternate setups, but not enough to justify not running them.

And remember, if everyone is running the same setup, then you have a big advantage cause you know exactly what they're goin to try and do in the fight.

Options
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are plenty of 5-piece non-proc sets that compete with the 5-piece proc sets (Spriggan, Draugr Hulk, Bone Pirate, Black Rose, etc), but you're definitely going to lose performance if you skip a monster set. 2 pieces for the kind of burst that Tremor/Veli/Selene does is very hard to beat. I currently use 1x Kra'gh and 1x Kena, which increases my damage by about ~6%. That pales in comparison to Velidreth procs.
    Edited by Kutsuu on November 18, 2016 8:01PM
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
    Options
  • Vitaely
    Vitaely
    ✭✭✭
    Vitaely wrote: »

Nah I disagree, you can still make a lot of stuff work out there. I would somewhat agree that you may be gimping yourself a bit with some alternate setups, but not enough to justify not running them.

And remember, if everyone is running the same setup, then you have a big advantage cause you know exactly what they're goin to try and do in the fight.
    I don't see the point of discussing (shitcalling) setups since we're both running open world high damage builds in solo or small group.

I've been running this build since viper first came out, and vicecanon (with CA) before that. I cannot help if my build becomes meta. I find it ridiculous that I get people tell me I need to change my build just just because it has become the meta.

As you said, people started seeing running anything else as "gimping" themselves. As @Xinthisis mentioned in a previous thread, you can still achieve good dps on players on different setups (Spriggan, Archer's, Morag Tong etc.).

However, I did a small change. I do run a mag sorc to counter the nightblades (and zergfest) from time to time.
    Edited by Vitaely on November 18, 2016 8:34PM
    Factotum | PC NA
    DC E'lwing mNB
    Options
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rohaus wrote: »
    My biggest gripe, as of right this moment with PvP, is the destro ult.

It is kind of funny to see the zergs running heavy with this ult... if they time it right... they can mow down anything in front of them with incredible ease.

I have seen EP and AD zergs execute this quite well actually. They charge forward as a tight group and hit another group with it... Destro ult does such insane damage, it's a wipe unless you can get out within a couple seconds.

I recently started investing a lot of time into my Mag DK... gearing him up etc. I can't tell you how frustrating it is to die so quickly, with block up, to the destro ult.

Well....some folks, far more clever than I, have made many a joke about that crazy armor that fights your battles for you.

Few laughed of course. But at least in the case of that ultimate there is some player timing involved, implying cunning if not skill.
    Options