Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

What's the state of Pvp in your opinion?

• kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proc vs Proc, Cheat engine still running rampant, Exploits, population imbalance, all kinds of broken sets macro slicing and the list goes on, ZOS not doing anything about it, state of pvp Bantha Poo Doo

But I still have fun, I must be some kind of masochist..LOL
    Edited by kevlarto_ESO on October 24, 2016 1:17AM
    Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pvp is in the worst shape its ever been ,between pop imbalances, a dead map where there is only one fight, and mass pvdoor what a waste

I'm glad I get the new Skyrim special edition for free next week...it will be a few months before Cyrodiil recovers if it does at all

The PVE portion of the game is great, in fact it has never been better, but the pvp portion has suffered in reverse and is at the worst it ever has been...

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    I don't know any rotation that can break a sorcs shield at range. Shield up and drop deadric mines until you become more comfortable with PvP. It's a VERY steep learning, we were all face rolled for a long time before we improved.

My mageblade could do it with Flame reach>fully charged HA>swallow soul i ran a heavy attack build tho and the heavy attack needed to be empowered to break a good sorcs shields
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
    Options
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rock, toilet paper, plastic scissors.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
    Options
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP is laughable.

In PvE I use a MagDK with destro staff and light armor

In PvP, classic DPS MagDKs aren't viable. Destro staff really isn't viable, and light armor is by far the least viable of all 3 armor types.

In PvP I'm mostly just after the AP for my Akaviri motifs. With my superbly non-viable build, I couldn't care less about kills, duels or 1vX issues.

What I usually do is equip Vicious Death and Elegance sets, then use a lightning staff on 1 bar and resto staff along with plenty AoE healing on 2nd bar.

Find groups, find pugs, find keeps under attack, or friendly keeps that need defending. Then I set up my Coldfire sieges, siege quite a few people to death (you can get pretty good aiming these intelligently in a short while, and they're deadly), go around spamming healing non stop for those extra AP, while using the lightning staff heavy attacks and some skills for plenty of damage as well. Throw in a meteor ult every now and then, and hope the VD set goes off (though that has been a bit buggy as of lately).

Group damage is good, and you're ranged, survivability is alright in groups since you have shields and HoTs to keep yourself alive, and kills and AP is pretty good.

Of course, if you get caught out in the open or 1v1 you're pretty much dead against everyone but the worst noobs.

As an underdog (which is the position of most magicka PvP builds these days, especially your classic light armor staff dps build), quit any ideas about being 'viable' or standing your ground in the open world or 1v1. Keep near groups or other people at all times, defend keeps, attack keeps, use a lot of siege and find a strategy that you think is fun.
    That at least is what keeps PvP somewhat bearable to me while i grind my AP for motifs and ranks and skill points.
    Options
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Players just farming the same gear sets to create the same builds for the classes and then PvP. Many builds out there all carbon copies of each other.

If your gear is mathematically better than your opponents' your chances of winning greatly increase without much effort. Even if your opponent has equal to slightly more experience than you do. Heavy armor is also a very safe bet for most these days across many builds. Unless you have an extremely optimized build that you are comfortable using, you will get ground-up into hamburger patties wearing medium armor.

Seeing a lot of builds these days rely on procs for most of the work done in a fight. I'm sure a lot of thought went into how everything works so I'm not going to sit here and criticize ZOS. But with my limited knowledge of the matter I have to wonder why these powerful proc attacks are allowed to pop every 4-6 seconds even with a 20% chance etc to go off.
    Options
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's be honest. PvP hasnt ever been truly good in this game, but a year ago is was 400 percent better.

I retired for a reason, above and beyond anything else, I was tired of being one of the last originals still playing with the metababies. Got tired of playing zerg warfare with a bunch of failbads thinking they were good just because they could do what I told them word for word to do. Got tired of a great deal really, this was a thinking mans game, now its a spreadsheet game. A joke.

I miss the old guard, but they will never return, at least they had the sense to get out at the right time, a good number of us had to basically suffer until it became too much before we saw what they did.

Even if they were to come back, and you wont see me encouraging it, the parts of ESO that made PvP actually good and engaging, have been hacked and sawed off, replaced with watered down one shot mechanics and one size fits all megaburst builds. Zerg hard, or run a procset. There is no other way, and I am personally done with it, as so many before me. The days of the 6-12 mans fighting intense battles have gone, probably for good.
    Edited by Rylana on October 24, 2016 8:44AM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
    Options
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    Let's be honest. PvP hasnt ever been truly good in this game, but a year ago is was 400 percent better.

I retired for a reason, above and beyond anything else, I was tired of being one of the last originals still playing with the metababies. Got tired of playing zerg warfare with a bunch of failbads thinking they were good just because they could do what I told them word for word to do. Got tired of a great deal really, this was a thinking mans game, now its a spreadsheet game. A joke.

I miss the old guard, but they will never return, at least they had the sense to get out at the right time, a good number of us had to basically suffer until it became too much before we saw what they did.

Even if they were to come back, and you wont see me encouraging it, the parts of ESO that made PvP actually good and engaging, have been hacked and sawed off, replaced with watered down one shot mechanics and one size fits all megaburst builds. Zerg hard, or run a procset. There is no other way, and I am personally done with it, as so many before me. The days of the 6-12 mans fighting intense battles have gone, probably for good.
    I have to disagree about the 6-12 man part.
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
    Options
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EDIT - ugh never mind, this thread won't go well.
    Edited by CapuchinSeven on October 24, 2016 9:36AM
    Options
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, the current state of pvp is making it immensely difficult to log in. The "content for gear," makes it irritating, in some cases, for me to try out the remaining builds that may have a chance at saving me from not logging in anymore.
    All of it corresponds to the fun or lack of I'm having with the game. Game has been unbalanced for... Well forever, but I could always find some fun in it, mostly because of friends. With friends having left because of the state of the game, exponentially over time, plus my personal frustrations with game path... Who the hell knows anymore.

Added: frustrating.. Frustrating is a good word for it.
    Edited by caeliusstarbreaker on October 24, 2016 11:50AM
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer the ppl running around in proccsets when compared to builds with trainee + bonepirate + 1 proccset.

I dislike that most competetive (and i mean the top setups - crafting isn´t competetive at all atm) are pve dropped and require massive farming.

I think the maximum grp size should be capped to 12 people.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it will be a few months before Cyrodiil recovers if it does at all

Agreed. Realistically, we can expect balancing to come Q1 of next year at the absolute earliest, and there's no guarantee that it'll fix most of Cyrodiil's problems, or even fix more problems than it introduces. I doubt Cyrodiil can survive 3-4 months in it's current state.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
    Options
  • JaJaLuka
    JaJaLuka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magsorcs are great in PvP, and have great survivability too. Are you using shields? PvP also takes a lot of practice to get good.

Actually my two bar are:

Main bar - prismatic flame staff precise with cloudy damage health poison 9 (I am not able to end the Malestrom arena yet)

Crystal fragment
    Crushing shock
    Flame clench
    mages' wrath
    Lightining Flood
    Energy overload

Second bar - Resto staff

Restraining prison
    Healing ward
    Hardened ward
    Streak
    Daedric Minefield
    Suppression field

Tryxus wrote: »
    Yesterday I decided to give a try to it with my full build Magika Sorc (5 julianos gold, 2 Nerien, 3 willpower) and I found it NOT FUNNY.

Julianos really isn't a good set for PvP, due to the fact that most ppl prefer to use Impenetrable gear which counters the Spell Crit bonuses Julianos gives. I would personally go for more sustain, like Lich or Seducer, and mix that with a strong set like Necropotence

For a Sorc, Illambris is definitely the best monster helm out there. Nerien'eth is kinda bad in PvP since most ppl will just dodge roll out of the crystals the moment they see the red circle underneath them. Other good monster sets are Valkyn Skoria or Infernal Guardian.

I will definetevely look for Ilambris set but I am not sure of switching Julianos for Seducer or Lich since my already low damage would fall to peak. I have not many problems with mana sustain since I am using magicka recover drinks.
    My stats are:

Max magicka 33k spell damage: 1778
    Health 11.7 k Spell crit: 44.2
    Stamina 9.5 k Magika recover: 2594 (buffed)

Those stats are very low. If I were you I'd take the advice of the previous player too, seducer is far better in PvP than Julianos. With full seducer and 3x Willpower (with spell power enchanting) and one piece of Kena you should be sitting at about 2.4k spell damage.
    A good trick on mag sorc at the moment is to go 5 piece heavy, 1 light, 1 medium. Slot elemental drain and boundless storm, those two together mean that you have tons of resistance plus every time you zap the melee guys you get magic back due to elemental drain. Try not to block anything that you don't absolutely have to, instead rely on your shields (move hardened ward to your main bar so you don't have to swap bars constantly), what this will do is save your stamina for breaking stuns/knockdowns etc. Use the CC cooldown as your stamina regen time, drink a potion (tri pots preferably during this stage of the fight), and be offensive here. You have to push him/her back or they'll just keep pushing you until you make a mistake and die. PvP at the moment is all about the burst, so you also need to think about timing your skills so they inflict as much damage as they can in a very short time. Basically before your opponent can get a heal off.
    The last thing to consider is that you should expect to die during your first month or two if you're new to PvP. Take it on board and ask yourself why it happened, if you get frustrated walk away for a while. The guy you were fighting would have probably killed you no matter what class he was playing, that's simply because he was reading you better than you were him due to experience.
    Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
    Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
    Brunack, EP DK PC NA
    General Mark Shephard, EP Temp PC NA (Worst temp NA XD )
    Krojick Nightblade, DC NB PC NA
    Others...
    Options
  • Ryuho
    Ryuho
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am just loging in to get my hirelings and to not be kicked from Guilds.. I stoped pvping completly.. Proc meta *** game experience for me, its just to much.. I am waiting for next major patch, it will be my last call for this game, hopefully devs wake up finally..
    The Farron family team (EU)
    sorcerer - Rubeus Farron AR31
    templar - Selene Farron AR27
    nightblade - Ryuho Farron AR25
    stamplar - Nura Farron AR10
    stamsorcerer - Kitty Farron AR14 (adopted member)
    DK - Ryu Farron AR17

RETIRED

CU - next mmo
    Options
  • mchermie
    mchermie
    ✭✭✭✭
    DKsUnite wrote: »
    i logged on to play pvp for the first time in OT. Every death recap was the same, proc sets, NBs, healing debuffs and the same skills used by everyone. It took an hour before i logged off.

Exactly the same for me Leo. Its just no fun these days..
    Retired
    NA DC
    K-Hole
    McHermie NB - AR 42
    McHermes DK - AR 18
    Lord Typh Templar - AR 11
    Options
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's in state when massive eso plus subscription drop starts, i also decided to cancel it.
    ZoS don't want to communicate, fix performance issues and do things(balance?) right at all.
    Options
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »
    Rylana wrote: »

I have to disagree about the 6-12 man part.

6-12 is very viable this patch actually, yeah. I will say though there is a limit to what you can do when way back there wasn't any limit really. There's still the occasional getting zerged down in the open field because you can't stop resses, and of course the never ending swarm of people that will just throw bodies at you until your ultimates run out and AOE caps do their job for them.

Did 525k ap last night with 6/7 people and really only died when we knowingly bit off more than we could chew. At one point ran up to the top level of Chalman milegate and the roughly 30ish EP up there already had the entire thing setup with fireballistas. Had to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.
    Options
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvP is in it's usual state though proc sets need a cooldown.

If you are new to PvP just remember you are gonna die a lot, the more experience you have the less you will die.
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pvp is in the worst shape its ever been
    ^^ Glad I achieved everything in pvp before Cyro lost all сharm.
    pve duels is pretty enough for pvping nowdays if you don't like 3 fps 1k latency zerg blobs spamming negates and destro ult everywhere.
    Options
  • Jaybe_Mawfaka
    Jaybe_Mawfaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elder Zergs Online : Procs Unlimited
    Options
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    Yesterday I decided to give a try to it with my full build Magika Sorc (5 julianos gold, 2 Nerien, 3 willpower) and I found it NOT FUNNY.

Julianos really isn't a good set for PvP, due to the fact that most ppl prefer to use Impenetrable gear which counters the Spell Crit bonuses Julianos gives. I would personally go for more sustain, like Lich or Seducer, and mix that with a strong set like Necropotence

For a Sorc, Illambris is definitely the best monster helm out there. Nerien'eth is kinda bad in PvP since most ppl will just dodge roll out of the crystals the moment they see the red circle underneath them. Other good monster sets are Valkyn Skoria or Infernal Guardian.

"Julianos really isn't a good set for PvP," I have learned something new lol. Thank you. Was wondering why my spell damage is 1790. Even though I am 480cp magicka dps. Wearing 3 transmutation jewerly. 5 kagrenac's hope and 4 julianos. (2 swords included for dual weild) (everything is level 160cp Purple) I just need to find better set now. Thank you for tips.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
    Options
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pvp is in the worst shape its ever been ,between pop imbalances, a dead map where there is only one fight, and mass pvdoor what a waste

I'm glad I get the new Skyrim special edition for free next week...it will be a few months before Cyrodiil recovers if it does at all

The PVE portion of the game is great, in fact it has never been better, but the pvp portion has suffered in reverse and is at the worst it ever has been...

Where do you go to claim your free Skyrim this week?
    Options
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst there are many complaints with the proc builds, game performance, I am really enjoying pvp the past few days. I am having the most consistent fun on mDK in months.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
    Options
  • Pathfinder
    Pathfinder
    ✭✭✭
    Overall I think it is pretty good. The only thing that need to be brought into line is the stam/proc meta and ZoS still needs to address pop imbalances. A lot of my friends have come back to the game and using duels to test/tweak our builds really has helped. I am in more smaller fights than before thanks to the towns and IC.
    Main
    Malfahri del Sol Imperial Templar (stamplar *new respec) PC/NA/Trueflame
    Options
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only time that I can think of PVP being worse in this game is when caltrops absorbed all damage a month after launch. Other than that, this is the worst PVP has been.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    Former Emperor of Haderus, Trueflame, and Azura's Star
    PC/NA
    Options
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still having a blast. Gotta play the meta to beat the meta. I overcome and adapt and don't cry on the forums. That's so seducer warlock vr 12 (blue).
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
    Options
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The state of PvP is bad and it gets worse every patch all these proc sets are a cancer the fact that ZOS doesn't care about class balance at all makes it even worse I mean you can never have absolute balance in this game but currently the bar is pretty low. The fact that there are 3 alliances is a dumb idea that should have never made it past beta since it's usually 2 factions Vs 1 90% of the time if it wasn't for the big fights, open world stuff and siege battles over keeps that you really cant find in any other game pvp would be dead.
    Edited by RebornV3x on October 24, 2016 5:07PM
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
    Options
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly, the current state of pvp is making it immensely difficult to log in. The "content for gear," makes it irritating, in some cases, for me to try out the remaining builds that may have a chance at saving me from not logging in anymore.
    All of it corresponds to the fun or lack of I'm having with the game. Game has been unbalanced for... Well forever, but I could always find some fun in it, mostly because of friends. With friends having left because of the state of the game, exponentially over time, plus my personal frustrations with game path... Who the hell knows anymore.

Added: frustrating.. Frustrating is a good word for it.

Don't worry rhage, you still have me.
    mchermie wrote: »
    DKsUnite wrote: »
    i logged on to play pvp for the first time in OT. Every death recap was the same, proc sets, NBs, healing debuffs and the same skills used by everyone. It took an hour before i logged off.

Exactly the same for me Leo. Its just no fun these days..

I missed like 4months of content. Come do dungeons with me!
    Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Psilent wrote: »

Where do you go to claim your free Skyrim this week?

If you own all the Skyrim DLC on PC or previously purchased the Legenday Edition through Steam it will automatically be added to your Steam library on Oct 28th or 29th this Friday I do believe at no charge to you. It's a free upgrade for PC owners
    Edited by RinaldoGandolphi on October 24, 2016 10:20PM
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • Esgameplaya1
    Esgameplaya1
    ✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    Still having a blast. Gotta play the meta to beat the meta. I overcome and adapt and don't cry on the forums. That's so seducer warlock vr 12 (blue).

Props for this guy!! :) Makes me wonder if he has been playing since release. I can barely get myself to log in, but sometimes want to cause boredem!! And with stupid procs in pvp NO way!! Same old bologna different day! Gotta play meta to beat meta true, but so cheesy/boring!!

ILOnf1O.jpg

Edited by Esgameplaya1 on October 24, 2016 10:44PM
    Options