The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Poll: Have you cancelled ESO+ because of Crown Crates

OldManJim
OldManJim
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm curious to see how many people actually are voting with their wallets against the Crown Crates.

I for one have cancelled my subscription in an effort to show ZOS how strongly I am against them.

(There's plenty of threads bashing them, so please don't turn this thread into another... :smile: )

Edited by OldManJim on September 28, 2016 2:27AM
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Poll: Have you cancelled ESO+ because of Crown Crates 308 votes

Yes, I have cancelled my ESO+ subscription because of the crown crates.
10%
silvereyesEsquire1980g_ESOarkansas_ESOsheski3Saroussecosmic_niklas_93b16_ESOreclaimervii.sierra117ub17_ESOsparafucilsarwb17_ESOCasNationoddaviDelgentLonestryderOldManJimForztrPBpsyTonturriMorimizoMissBizzJimT722WldKarde 31 votes
Not yet, but I will cancel in protest of the crown crates.
6%
kendellking_chaosb14_ESOWhiteCoatSyndromeThe_SpAwNSoellacjthibsDerNachtfalterproject-2501-84neb18_ESOPaparoskidsalterrunagatemanntecTowerdragonUrQuanPreyfarLaRoseNoireacw37162zykKathreinBurritoESOJodaGreyhame 20 votes
No, I won't be cancelling.
70%
flintstoneSorianak9mouseOakmontowls_ESODeadlyRecluseFatalyisSedrethibirdbrainlessb14_ESOBowserSaltypretzelsGlassHalfFullTherylHeroOfNoneSigtricsliferjamb14_ESOtrbrelinskib14_ESOXsorusKasKhajitFurTraderTaonnor 218 votes
Other (explain below).
12%
driosketchwayfarerxvailjohn_ESOSlurgMojmirNewBlacksmurfKendaricDanikatLava_Croftbuho.29eb17_ESOElsonsojeevinolsborgJayne_DoeHymzirPaskeZaldanLettigallMettaricananimander99 39 votes
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It isn't like they would ever reverse this decision anyway. I'll keep playing and paying for as long as the game is fun for me.
    PC/EU DC
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain below).
    I was tempted to subscribe.....

.....now I am no longer tempted to subscribe.

Give me a good reason to subscribe ZOS! Crown Crates were implemented with very low/greedy drop rates
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other (explain below).
    I'm torn, I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. It depends on what finally hits live, but for the first time I am seriously considering canceling my sub.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That is very silly
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain below).
    I cancelled much earlier
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't give up the crafting bag. They won.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other (explain below).
    No I won't cancel I like my craft bag but I'm not buying any crates either
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain below).
    Never had a sub, but if I did I would have shut it down because of this bollocks.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as long as I play this game I will pay for it.

they provide a service, and then they get paid, that's how it works.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    379c8aa40e746091a8518684404acd7f.jpg
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    379c8aa40e746091a8518684404acd7f.jpg

perfect +1
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not yet, but I will cancel in protest of the crown crates.
    Unless they make significant changes to the crates, I'm done.

If they make sufficient changes to the crates that they're not predatory (yes they can make money without being predatory) then I'll stay and keep giving ZOS my money.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain below).
    ZOS has shown at many points if they lose enough money they will take actions to please the community.

We are left with no other tools.

I wish we had a little form we could fill out, I wish we had other options, but we dont really. And the customer is free to decide with their money.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on September 28, 2016 4:33AM
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other (explain below).
    i canceled my eso+ before . because when i paay for eso+ bonus , i want all bonus . i want be able to dye the manimarco costume !
    Edited by Apherius on September 28, 2016 5:17AM
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's crown crates got to do with my plus membership?

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will just play something else as I believe the crates are coming despite all the negative feedback. The changes I also believe won't be sufficient. If I am wrong and they decided to either scrap or majorly overhaul the crates, I will come back.
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other (explain below).
    I will remain ESO+ for now, at least until we know more about housing, but if/when I unsub it will be largely because of crown crates.
    Edited by Kendaric on September 28, 2016 6:13AM
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • Derra
      Derra
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I honestly have no idea why people have such a big problem with crowncrates ._.
      <Noricum>
      I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
      Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Neowit
      Neowit
      ✭✭✭
      PVP almost objectively lags on ps4, Maelstrom lags, and you're lucky to get only one disconnect in any group trial. Then there's balance and design flaws and blah blah. Of all the unresolved issues in this game to drop your monthly sub over, Crown Crates are a relatively small thing. I'm not saying the concept behind them isn't screwy in the morality department. But at least you aren't gambling for best-in-slot gear.
      Edited by Neowit on September 28, 2016 6:36AM
    • Bowser
      Bowser
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Derra wrote: »

I don't get it either. If you don't like the crown crates, then don't buy them.
      @King-Koopa
      World First DK Tank Execute on Rakkhat HM
      Play how you want - no meta allowed!
    • Banana
      Banana
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I'm just going to pretend there not there.
    • JimT722
      JimT722
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you played a game with rng crates? I have played many. Production of dlc becomes non existent, new items that are desired end up in the crates, and future content (housing in SWTOR as an example) is not enjoyable because of the crates.

Not to mention it is a disrespectful practice to rip off their customers. it might be a crazy concept for some, but people would rather purchase things with a fixed price.
    • Neowit
      Neowit
      ✭✭✭
      Bowser wrote: »

They play on addiction. It's just a concept that lacks integrity. From a company which can't produce a functional game for the people being played.
      Edited by Neowit on September 28, 2016 6:44AM
    • Derra
      Derra
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      JimT722 wrote: »

Have you played a game with rng crates? I have played many. Production of dlc becomes non existent, new items that are desired end up in the crates, and future content (housing in SWTOR as an example) is not enjoyable because of the crates.

Not to mention it is a disrespectful practice to rip off their customers. it might be a crazy concept for some, but people would rather purchase things with a fixed price.

I´ve played swtor extensively and it´s the main reason why i don´t get it. It was purely cosmetic and had no impact on gameplay whatsoever.
      <Noricum>

• Derra
      Derra
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Neowit wrote: »
      Bowser wrote: »

They play on addiction. It's just a concept that lacks integrity. From a company which can't produce a functional game for the people being played.

By that logic the whole game is a scam as literally everything apart from player created content is a giant carrot on a stick.

Also what addiction? Getting every costume and mount in the game? I´d argue it´s cheaper with rgn crates than with having to by everything by itself - simply bc they´re able to eliminate risk of creating items nobody wants.
      <Noricum>

• Chaos0720
      Chaos0720
      ✭✭✭
      I have no intention on cancelling my ESO+ because of crown crates.

Fact is - I pay for ESO+
      • so I don't have to purchase DLC
      • so I can use the crafting bag
      • so I can have free reign on dying costumes (Manimarco included, mine is able to be dyed, so I don't know what all of you are talking about that can't dye yours

Even if they decided to come up with the stupid idea of no longer giving us 1500 crowns and instead giving us 4 crown crates, I still won't unsub because the less than $15 per month that I pay is worth the listed benefits above.

That being said, if any of those benefits end up being affected by Crown Crates - like dlc only being accessible by being purchased or unlocked in crown crates - then maybe I'll change my mind.

Do I agree with crown crates, no. I don't gamble in real life and have no intention on gambling my money away in a broken system.

Anyone that is unsubbing because of these clearly saw no benefit in being an ESO+ member before and honestly should have cancelled their membership a long time ago. The system is very predatory and it will feed on addiction, but if you can't control yourself then that is a problem you need to work on. The only thing you can do to protest crown crates that will actual affect ZOS opinion of them is not purchasing them.
    • JimT722
      JimT722
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      JimT722 wrote: »

I´ve played swtor extensively and it´s the main reason why i don´t get it. It was purely cosmetic and had no impact on gameplay whatsoever.

Role players like to buy items that fit a theme they have for their characters. For example my Argonian would want housing items that had an Argonian theme. Everything from my characters name, the mounts he rides, the attire he wears has a point. These won't damage the game from a gameplay perspective, but for many it will ruin their fun.

We all play for different reasons and this will ruin the fun for many players like myself. Style parlor appears to be mainly in the box and I was looking forward to that when I tested it in July. Planned a character around it.
    • JimT722
      JimT722
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Chaos0720 wrote: »
      I have no intention on cancelling my ESO+ because of crown crates.

Fact is - I pay for ESO+
      • so I don't have to purchase DLC
      • so I can use the crafting bag
      • so I can have free reign on dying costumes (Manimarco included, mine is able to be dyed, so I don't know what all of you are talking about that can't dye yours

Even if they decided to come up with the stupid idea of no longer giving us 1500 crowns and instead giving us 4 crown crates, I still won't unsub because the less than $15 per month that I pay is worth the listed benefits above.

That being said, if any of those benefits end up being affected by Crown Crates - like dlc only being accessible by being purchased or unlocked in crown crates - then maybe I'll change my mind.

Do I agree with crown crates, no. I don't gamble in real life and have no intention on gambling my money away in a broken system.

Anyone that is unsubbing because of these clearly saw no benefit in being an ESO+ member before and honestly should have cancelled their membership a long time ago. The system is very predatory and it will feed on addiction, but if you can't control yourself then that is a problem you need to work on. The only thing you can do to protest crown crates that will actual affect ZOS opinion of them is not purchasing them.

I subbed for 2+ years. The change of direction is likely to damage my fun. I will no longer be able to enjoy collecting the stuff I want. Mainly the stuff that fits a theme for my character. I won't gamble either.
      Edited by JimT722 on September 28, 2016 7:16AM
    • cyberjanet
      cyberjanet
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The only way I can buy crowns is with ESO Plus, and it's cheaper than buying them direct anyway. Trying to buy them direct puts me into the Steam Store, and that transaction ALWAYS FAILS. So I get my crowns, and some other bonus benefits.

I'm not going to buy crown crates because I get crap in chests, lockboxes, and anything where the RNG decides for me. I'm really not going to waste crowns on crap.
      Edited by cyberjanet on September 28, 2016 7:16AM
      Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
      Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.