Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What do you think of Crown Crates? -- New Poll for PTS Implementation

• GhostwalkerLD
    GhostwalkerLD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Negative: I have tested the crates, and I do not want this feature to be implemented in the game.
    Solus wrote: »
    I have seen gambling/RNG boxes implemented into games that are blocked by a pay wall and i have never thought it was a good idea. In the past i have participated, and it was a very disappointing experience for me. I havent personally tested these out, however i have read feedback from people that have. They get 5000 crowns a day to test this feature out. basically what one person said was: (I'm paraphrasing here)

" I do not get anything even close to being worth 400 crowns. Just a bunch of potions and stuff i would not use."

I understand the desire to make more money ZOS, and I'm one of those people that bought every DLC, AND i pay monthly. Just so i outright own everything, and i get the extra perks of being a plus member. So i have paid someone's paycheck myself, personally. I also buy mounts, occasionally an experience scroll pack when I want to grind for CP, among other things.

You dont need this kind of deception, this magic trick kind of trickery, in your game. It would maybe be one thing if im GUARENTEED one yellow item, and one purple, one blue and a handful of normal items with one crate. And it would have to all be things I've yet to unlock. (what i mean is, mounts, skins, colors, ECT. nothing game changing, all cosmetic) If were to just get stuff i either,

A/ wouldnt use

or

B/ already have

It would make it extremely pointless to implement. Sure you'll get the suckers. But do you really want to associate with companies that take advantage of your uninformed, not overly smart and/or impulsive portion of your fan/customer base?

I would hope not, i have more faith in you than that.

You might have more faith in them, but I think the majority of us don't, because this isn't the first time they've done something like this. It is, however, the first time they've done it while flagrantly ignoring (and not even acknowledging) any of the legitimate concerns raised on their OWN FORUMS, including in the thread where they specifically requested feedback on these crates.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Kuningatar
    Kuningatar
    ✭✭✭
    Negative: I have tested the crates, and I do not want this feature to be implemented in the game.
    I have seen gambling/RNG boxes implemented into games that are blocked by a pay wall and i have never thought it was a good idea. In the past i have participated, and it was a very disappointing experience for me. I havent personally tested these out, however i have read feedback from people that have. They get 5000 crowns a day to test this feature out. basically what one person said was: (I'm paraphrasing here)

" I do not get anything even close to being worth 400 crowns. Just a bunch of potions and stuff i would not use."

I understand the desire to make more money ZOS, and I'm one of those people that bought every DLC, AND i pay monthly. Just so i outright own everything, and i get the extra perks of being a plus member. So i have paid someone's paycheck myself, personally. I also buy mounts, occasionally an experience scroll pack when I want to grind for CP, among other things.

You dont need this kind of deception, this magic trick kind of trickery, in your game. It would maybe be one thing if im GUARENTEED one yellow item, and one purple, one blue and a handful of normal items with one crate. And it would have to all be things I've yet to unlock. (what i mean is, mounts, skins, colors, ECT. nothing game changing, all cosmetic) If were to just get stuff i either,

A/ wouldnt use

or

B/ already have

It would make it extremely pointless to implement. Sure you'll get the suckers. But do you really want to associate with companies that take advantage of your uninformed, not overly smart and/or impulsive portion of your fan/customer base?

You might have more faith in them, but I think the majority of us don't, because this isn't the first time they've done something like this. It is, however, the first time they've done it while flagrantly ignoring (and not even acknowledging) any of the legitimate concerns raised on their OWN FORUMS, including in the thread where they specifically requested feedback on these crates.

No, they have ignored concerns before.

There were a lot of people quite frustrated about them going B2P years back (however long) - that were a whole fiasco where the forums were on fire with people angry about them blatantly lying as they had said in the past they would absolutely never drop the subscription model and boasted on and on about how "paying a monthly subscription will ensure quality content at a good pace!"

All the hype were just designed to trick people into sticking with them long enough for them to fund (from the PC players) the console launch, once they did that they no longer cared whether the die-hard fans that had founded the game stayed or not, they had a new fountain of wealth.

This is more or less the same situation, but sooner or later it will bite them in the rear.
    Joskus menee perkeleen huonosti, mutta minä en anna periksi!
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Negative: I have NOT tested the crates, and I dislike the idea/direction and/or I dislike what I have read.

A/ wouldnt use

or

B/ already have

There were a lot of people quite frustrated about them going B2P years back (however long) - that were a whole fiasco where the forums were on fire with people angry about them blatantly lying as they had said in the past they would absolutely never drop the subscription model and boasted on and on about how "paying a monthly subscription will ensure quality content at a good pace!"

All the hype were just designed to trick people into sticking with them long enough for them to fund (from the PC players) the console launch, once they did that they no longer cared whether the die-hard fans that had founded the game stayed or not, they had a new fountain of wealth.

This is more or less the same situation, but sooner or later it will bite them in the rear.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say about console launch as it was supposed to release a few months after PC. It was delayed because the developers felt it wasn't ready.

What I have noticed is the shift in the relationship between the company and developers. I remember when eso had no dye system. People wanted it and ZOS decided to implement it to make their players happy. The company today decided to expand it for costumes and added a ridiculous dye stamp system.

The game has turned its focus from keeping people playing to support the game to generating as much profit as it can. They will implement whatever method they can to achieve this and I doubt it will bite them.

Matt Firor says people are concerned the game will be put on a slippery slope to p2w. This is his argument for the complaints against buy 2 play. He made the same arguments for crown crates.

The decision to going buy 2 play was sold as freedom to pay for the game as we choose. Crown Crates adding rng to payments goes against this. This is the slippery slope most were concerned with. What will they hit us with next?

Looking at where this game is going after 2.5 years is depressing. People keep asking me why I still play eso, and that question is getting difficult to answer.
    Edited by JimT722 on October 22, 2016 4:28AM
  • GhostwalkerLD
    GhostwalkerLD
    ✭✭✭✭

A/ wouldnt use

or

B/ already have

I really do hope so, because I'm growing rather tired of them doing this and not having any repercussions from it, and I'm afraid the only people that will suffer will continue to be the players, and the devs will never learn their lesson and actually do things to save this game instead of run it into an early ditch.
  • Valethar
    Valethar
    ✭✭✭✭
    jeevin wrote: »
    Actually I think they'll be saying,'$Ca-ching!$'

Wouldn't be at all surprised to find out the sound system in the office is set up to broadcast the buzz of shears and a hearty 'baaaa' every time someone buys one of those crates.
    Resistance is not futile! Say no to the Greed Collective™. Boycott Crown Crates.
  • Kuningatar
    Kuningatar
    ✭✭✭
    JimT722 wrote: »

A/ wouldnt use

or

B/ already have

I'm not sure what you're trying to say about console launch as it was supposed to release a few months after PC. It was delayed because the developers felt it wasn't ready.

What I have noticed is the shift in the relationship between the company and developers. I remember when eso had no dye system. People wanted it and ZOS decided to implement it to make their players happy. The company today decided to expand it for costumes and added a ridiculous dye stamp system.

The game has turned its focus from keeping people playing to support the game to generating as much profit as it can. They will implement whatever method they can to achieve this and I doubt it will bite them.

Matt Firor says people are concerned the game will be put on a slippery slope to p2w. This is his argument for the complaints against buy 2 play. He made the same arguments for crown crates.

The decision to going buy 2 play was sold as freedom to pay for the game as we choose. Crown Crates adding rng to payments goes against this. This is the slippery slope most were concerned with. What will they hit us with next?

Looking at where this game is going after 2.5 years is depressing. People keep asking me why I still play eso, and that question is getting difficult to answer.

"Delayed to release a few months after PC", yeah. Quite convenient the way that worked out, was it not? Convenient almost like they knew it would happen.

That is my point. Everything they have done would seem once its scrutinized to have been done quite intelligently, everything have been lead with a specific plan in mind and a knowledge of what they would do in the future. Every single press release were carefully tailored with lies and untruths in order to keep the hype train alive long enough for people to support this game until it went B2P and all of this other crap and they had a different fount of money to count on.

But they used the people who founded this game, people like myself who foolishly spend over €100,00 on a collectors edition and stayed subscribed through the whole fiasco up until the B2P move - They used us and then they more or less cast us off to the side, giving away the previously 'collectors edition exclusive' mudcrab for instance, then the senche mount that were supposedly a "thank you" for the loyal subscribers who got screwed up the butt by Zenimax, which they just threw a new skin on and then sold on the market for crowns.

That is the thing. You can deny it all you want, you can say it is not so, but it will not make it any less true. What they have done have all been planned out. There is not a single moment that Zenimax have been caught off guard by anything that happened, this tells me that their deception and underhandedness have been entirely intelligent and they knew good and well what they were doing.
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

A/ wouldnt use

or

B/ already have

"Delayed to release a few months after PC", yeah. Quite convenient the way that worked out, was it not? Convenient almost like they knew it would happen.

That is my point. Everything they have done would seem once its scrutinized to have been done quite intelligently, everything have been lead with a specific plan in mind and a knowledge of what they would do in the future. Every single press release were carefully tailored with lies and untruths in order to keep the hype train alive long enough for people to support this game until it went B2P and all of this other crap and they had a different fount of money to count on.

But they used the people who founded this game, people like myself who foolishly spend over €100,00 on a collectors edition and stayed subscribed through the whole fiasco up until the B2P move - They used us and then they more or less cast us off to the side, giving away the previously 'collectors edition exclusive' mudcrab for instance, then the senche mount that were supposedly a "thank you" for the loyal subscribers who got screwed up the butt by Zenimax, which they just threw a new skin on and then sold on the market for crowns.

That is the thing. You can deny it all you want, you can say it is not so, but it will not make it any less true. What they have done have all been planned out. There is not a single moment that Zenimax have been caught off guard by anything that happened, this tells me that their deception and underhandedness have been entirely intelligent and they knew good and well what they were doing.

It has been posited by a few smart game journalists that Zenimax has made every move according to a mad genius plan that they developed watching the transition of the Free 2 Play market and micro-transaction games. That every move we have experienced is part of a business strategy to maximize development at low costs and maximize profits after development is complete.

I am not anti capitalist but I am anti scummy behavior and tactics. Let the consumer choose. The market will correct if the market isn't controlled by a bunch of crony's.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Kuningatar
    Kuningatar
    ✭✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »

A/ wouldnt use

or

B/ already have

It has been posited by a few smart game journalists that Zenimax has made every move according to a mad genius plan that they developed watching the transition of the Free 2 Play market and micro-transaction games. That every move we have experienced is part of a business strategy to maximize development at low costs and maximize profits after development is complete.

I am not anti capitalist but I am anti scummy behavior and tactics. Let the consumer choose. The market will correct if the market isn't controlled by a bunch of crony's.

That is absolutely the case. Anyone with half a brain applying rational thought and critical thinking to the situation can see it as plain as day.

Now I am not saying Zenimax should not make a profit off the game, that is whatever. I am saying that making a 'maximized profit' through blatantly dishonest and underhanded business practices, outright lying to your customers face, abusing the good will of a fan-base of a huge franchise like Elder Scrolls, and being generally manipulative sociopaths is not acceptable.

It is very common, but not acceptable. That is precisely why I pulled my monetary support for the game once and for all. I will not pay into something that is going to do this to me, I will not give a company that have lied to me from day one and manipulated everything my hard earned money.

It have just become so much the "norm" in gaming these days that people do not really fight against it by pulling their support for the game away from the companies, that is what the companies are banking on. That and human stupidity, they are definitely hoping a lot of people will defend them to the bitter end so that they can use them up and cast them aside like the trash that they think that the customers are.

That is it point blank. The corporate offices of Zenimax, the people pulling the strings? They think everyone here are idiots. They show it in their blatant disregard for their customer/player-base and through all the lies and broken promises, all the while insisting "Everything is great! We are more popular than ever! Come play a thriving Elder Scrolls Online experience!"

Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭
    When will the crates be released for xbox?
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Negative: I have NOT tested the crates, and I dislike the idea/direction and/or I dislike what I have read.
    KramUzibra wrote: »
    They haven't given a date yet. My guess is soon. They have begun updating the interface on live in preparation. I have bought Skyrim for ps4, perfect time to jump ship before this game sinks to despicable levels.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KramUzibra wrote: »
    They haven't given a date yet. My guess is soon. They have begun updating the interface on live in preparation. I have bought Skyrim for ps4, perfect time to jump ship before this game sinks to despicable levels.

I have left it basically end of August - I logged in a few times, but I have no fun playing a game, where scam will be the norm in future. I am not een missing it, I just monitor what is happening to the game in the forum, because I was a paying customer and I have still 10 months ESO+ left, which i am not likely to make use of - maybe sometimes a little bit, but my interest in ESO is gone - I am just not willing to put up with this. Greed was bad enough, but abuse of their player base with scam RNG boxes is despicable. It is bad enough that it is RNG paid with real money (as in gambling), but even a casino has to tell you, what your chances are - what is not the case with these boxes - but people are hopefully clever enough to see, that they will most likely not get what they want with these boxes and if, they will have paid hundreds of dollars for that one desired item. It is a scam scheme, a blatantly evil way to pull money out of their customer's wallets.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not voted either way as it's my first MMO. I have never ever complained about the price of dlc the likes of EA, Ubi and Capcom release since i began playing this game. Those pieces of dlc positively look like the bargain of the century compared to what people will pay for fluff in an mmo. I was actually one of those people who initially spat my tea out over the whole Oblivion horse armour thing. Again, that particular piece of dlc also looks like a complete bargain.

Whether it's chance or not, if someone is willing to spend 5000cr on a simple reskin armour cosmetic or 5000cr on a mount, buying a crown crate isn't as large a leap into the pit of depravity as some are making it out to be. Some may say you reap what you sow. So many people are quick to put others down about the prices on the crown store, yet what most people conveniently overlook is what starts out as an all too easy "Well, no one is forcing you to buy it" mindset soon gets turned up a notch or 2. This is exactly what the "Well, no one is forcing you to buy it" mentality gets you. It also gets you crown store only motifs. So like the rest of us get told, don't see what the issue is here because NO ONE IS FORCING YOU NAY SAYERS TO BUY THEM. The mounts aren't needed, so I see no difference.
    Edited by Prof_Bawbag on October 23, 2016 7:05PM
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main character is an Argonian. That is the only character I actually got through gold and made to v16. Ruins of Mazzatun and style parlor got me very excited because I main an Argonian. I played around with the new sets and cosmetics on pts, I couldn't wait for them to come available. I played with the options until I found something I absolutely loved.

I didn't know rng crates were coming then, no one did. I figured the style parlor options were there to get people excited to buy them and I was. Two essential items from style parlor to complete the look are in crown crates. I can't even look at my main without feeling disappointed and angry.
    Edited by JimT722 on October 23, 2016 7:19PM
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main character is an Argonian. That is the only character I actually got through gold and made to v16. Ruins of Mazzatun and style parlor got me very excited because I main an Argonian. I played around with the new sets and cosmetics on pts, I couldn't wait for them to come available. I played with the options until I found something a absolutely loved.

I didn't know rng crates were coming then, no one did. I figured the style parlor options were there to get people excited to buy them and I was. Two essential items from style parlor to complete the look are in crown crates. I can't even look at my main without feeling disappointed and angry.

That's a shame. I feel that way about the Ice Wolf mount. It is what I need to complete the look of my Cryomancer; in fact, it is the reason why I bought a character slot to make my Cryomancer to begin with. It is what kept me farming Winterborn gear for months even though I had to drop 8 Winterborn sashes and several full sets of Para Bellum, Elemental Succession, Permafrost and The Hunt before getting 5 pieces.

But since the Red Pit Wolf is in the crates, what reason to I have to believe it won't be the same with the Ice Wolf?

Granted, Gyda isn't my main character, but she is a character that I really like and currently the one I play the most, now that I got all the equipment she needed to "go full Let it Go" on people. It must be even worse when it is your main character.
    Edited by Abeille on October 23, 2016 8:01PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea, though I haven't tested it myself on PTS. It's not the implementation I dislike, but the concept itself. To me it makes the game look like it's in trouble when they start pulling money grabbing stuff like this. (Reminds me of the comic book industry which I used to cover a lot making all these variations of covers and spec editions to milk their existing readers of more money instead of finding ways to get new customers) Which eventually burns people out and causes your to slowly shrink your existing customer base as you keep squeezing those remaining.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Neutral: I have NOT tested the crates, and my feelings are neutral, noncommital, or do not apply.

A/ wouldnt use

or

B/ already have

SO - they had a business model and a game plan all along and executed it you say? Of course they did. Every business out there does the exact same thing. There is ZERO chance of getting the funding and investors needed for an endeavor like this without a rock solid business model and plan of execution.

You may not like the business model, you may not like the plan, direction, execution, or even the company itself. But if this (as you say) was their business plan all along, they executed it flawlessly.

You feel used? Well, welcome to life. You now have a seat at the big peoples table. I'm sorry to sound harsh, but any seller of consumer goods looks at their client base as only one thing - an open wallet.

The consumer will answer with their wallet - ALWAYS. You know this, and they know this. If you disagree with them or their direction - stop paying. If you disagree with them strongly enough, stop playing.

It really is just that simple.
    Edited by Bouldercleave on October 23, 2016 8:20PM
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    My main character is an Argonian. That is the only character I actually got through gold and made to v16. Ruins of Mazzatun and style parlor got me very excited because I main an Argonian. I played around with the new sets and cosmetics on pts, I couldn't wait for them to come available. I played with the options until I found something a absolutely loved.

That's a shame. I feel that way about the Ice Wolf mount. It is what I need to complete the look of my Cryomancer; in fact, it is the reason why I bought a character slot to make my Cryomancer to begin with. It is what kept me farming Winterborn gear for months even though I had to drop 8 Winterborn sashes and several full sets of Para Bellum, Elemental Succession, Permafrost and The Hunt before getting 5 pieces.

But since the Red Pit Wolf is in the crates, what reason to I have to believe it won't be the same with the Ice Wolf?

Granted, Gyda isn't my main character, but she is a character that I really like and currently the one I play the most, now that I got all the equipment she needed to "go full Let it Go" on people. It must be even worse when it is your main character.

I did have a lot of fun running Ruins of Mazzatun countless times getting the amberplasm set working towards a character I had envisioned. It has crushed my will to continue knowing to complete the look I could end up running my credit card countless times. One superior hairstyle and legendary body marking could cost 100+ dollars. I might pay as high as 30 and many would consider that to much. it may have killed my will to play my main further and the game with it.

Turns-Rivers-Red
    MKksfRc.png
    I was so excited I saved a screenshot from pts in July so I knew what I was working towards. I enjoyed running ruins of Mazzatun for the armor in the traits I want. However, running my credit card until I get the items I want? Great system ZOS.
    Edited by JimT722 on October 23, 2016 8:49PM
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

I did have a lot of fun running Ruins of Mazzatun countless times getting the amberplasm set working towards a character I had envisioned. It has crushed my will to continue knowing to complete the look I could end up running my credit card countless times. One superior hairstyle and legendary body marking could cost 100+ dollars. I might pay as high as 30 and many would consider that to much. it may have killed my will to play my main further and the game with it.

Turns-Rivers-Red
    MKksfRc.png
    I was so excited I saved a screenshot from pts in July so I knew what I was working towards. I enjoyed running ruins of Mazzatun for the armor in the traits I want. However, running my credit card until I get the items I want? Great system ZOS.

Edit: didn't ZOS say style parlor items would cost 700-1500 crowns not an unquantifiable amount of crowns. If they did I must have missed it.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just realized I have opened over 200 plunder skulls for the witches festival and still have not received even one of the masks.

If plunder skulls were crown crates, I would have spent 80,000 crowns so far (200 skulls * 400 crowns) and still not dropped one of the two rare items I wanted.

Wow.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    I just realized I have opened over 200 plunder skulls for the witches festival and still have not received even one of the masks.

If plunder skulls were crown crates, I would have spent 80,000 crowns so far (200 skulls * 400 crowns) and still not dropped one of the two rare items I wanted.

Wow.

(80,000 Crowns / 5500 Crowns per pack) * $39.99 = $600

In the spirit of Crown Crates, and because ZOS needs to eat, just send a check for $600 to Bethesda directly.

Bethesda Softworks LLC
    a ZeniMax Media company
    1370 Piccard Drive, Suite 120
    Rockville, MD 20850

Remember to include a note saying what this is for so that ZOS gets credit.

:smiley:

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow.

In the spirit of Crown Crates, and because ZOS needs to eat, just send a check for $600 to Bethesda directly.

Bethesda Softworks LLC
    a ZeniMax Media company
    Rockville, MD 20850

@lordrichter I'm Canadian so I'd need to send them a check for $727 CAD.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other: My feelings are more complex than the above sentiments. (Comment below.)

Wow.

Bethesda Softworks LLC
    a ZeniMax Media company
    Rockville, MD 20850

This is like a if Mike's teacher sent some new books to Mike's half sister Jill in Utah instead of sending them to Mike's parents.
    It's Mike that can't afford books, and giving them to Jill does not help him in any way.

Mike = Zenimax Online Studios
    Mike's and Jill's mother = Zenimax Media company
    Jill = Bethesda Softworks

I know you want that single player ES VI game to be released ASAP, but this is just low...
    Edited by Dubhliam on October 24, 2016 2:42PM
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    75% negative, 4% positive.

How do we like the crown crates? We still don't. And yet ZOS still won't talk to us about it.

• Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭

A/ wouldnt use

or

B/ already have

SO - they had a business model and a game plan all along and executed it you say? Of course they did. Every business out there does the exact same thing. There is ZERO chance of getting the funding and investors needed for an endeavor like this without a rock solid business model and plan of execution.

You may not like the business model, you may not like the plan, direction, execution, or even the company itself. But if this (as you say) was their business plan all along, they executed it flawlessly.

You feel used? Well, welcome to life. You now have a seat at the big peoples table. I'm sorry to sound harsh, but any seller of consumer goods looks at their client base as only one thing - an open wallet.

The consumer will answer with their wallet - ALWAYS. You know this, and they know this. If you disagree with them or their direction - stop paying. If you disagree with them strongly enough, stop playing.

It really is just that simple.

It is not - it never was in any previous cases, so that is probably the reason for this thread :( When the wallet stops speaking, then you have to do speaking :) I know it sounds like headache, but you don't have to read it, only ZOS mods have to :)

• nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just got back from lunch at a place that sells pull tabs, watched several people come in sit down and drop $40 on em before even ordering a drink... Made me think of Crown Crates... And stuff.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    75% negative, 4% positive.

How do we like the crown crates? We still don't. And yet ZOS still won't talk to us about it.

The people who frequently use the forums are the players whe really enjoy the game and community. We want this game to be great and voice our concerns. Even if they destroy their loyal players who love the game, they will still have enough traffic of people who play occasionally to drain money into something like this.

It's a sad fact, but their dedicated fans are not who they are aiming to please, it's now all about money. They are not hurting for profit, but are willing to cash in their integrity for maximizing it.

I love elder scrolls, but I think the mmo market is not going to a good place. I am going to continue playing single player elder scrolls games, as for mmorpg's I'm done. I have spent a considerable amount of money on this game and would have liked to continue to do so, but this has become an mmo I can no longer justify supporting.

Edit: they don't want to talk about it. They don't even answer simple and harmless questions. Most information had to be obtained from outside sources. They know their forum community is passionate about the game and hate these crates. If they do this they know they may as well ignore us.
    Edited by JimT722 on October 24, 2016 10:58PM
  • Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    And about ZOS having plans about everything - it could be almost a meme - even though the oldest crates for real money are how many years old? They said, they couldn't implement a lot of TES features, because only WoW and DAoC existed in 2007, so did they have boxes? Also they couldn't implement more of RPG features from TES games, because Skyrim didn't exist, even though Morrowind could be a good example too.

"We knew it all and we had a plan - ZENIMAX"
    Edited by Mandragora on October 24, 2016 11:18PM
  • Majic
    Majic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of the gamble box revenue model in any form.

However, my favorite game, Guild Wars 2, has had it for years and implemented it in a way that is unobtrusive enough that it really doesn't bother me.

Thus I don't like the model and don't care to waste my time with it on PTS, but if ZOS manages to implement it in a way that's not obnoxious, I will be fine ignoring it in ESO like I do in GW2.
    Epopt Of The Everspinning Logo, Church Of The Eternal Loading Screen
    And verily, verily, spaketh the Lord: "Error <<1>>"
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Majic wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of the gamble box revenue model in any form.

However, my favorite game, Guild Wars 2, has had it for years and implemented it in a way that is unobtrusive enough that it really doesn't bother me.

Thus I don't like the model and don't care to waste my time with it on PTS, but if ZOS manages to implement it in a way that's not obnoxious, I will be fine ignoring it in ESO like I do in GW2.

The problem it is yes that once they are there you cannot wholly ignore them because they will dictate the future direction of Tamriel for all citizens - crate buyers and everyone else too.

That thing that would have been in Tamriel - certain dyes and motifs for example - now in the store.

That thing that would have been in the store - shiny horsey for example - now in the crate.

So after the store, then the crate what next?

Every little thing that can be plucked from the world and sold separately will be. In another place this one she recalls that cooldown tokens were sold for repeatable quests. Shameful. Don't say it won't happen here. It began there with 'only' cosmetics. Bad things happen piece by the gradual piece yes. You enable one piece then you allow the next one to also fall into place.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    ldzlcs065 wrote: »
    Kendaric wrote: »
    With that said, I'm a little bit surprised that so many people who seem haven't and will not try these things come here to show their unhappiness. However, even with these 11 pages of which most are complaints, I somehow have the feeling that the majority of players will just show indifference on this topic, and that even for those who dislike this idea, not many of them hate it to an extent that they will quit or unsub. So to be frank I don't think I will see ZOS change its opinion towards this mechanism.

Well, a good number of people used the videos that were posted, others already have experience with these scam crates from other games and yet others don't like them on principle.
    And, of course, not everybody has access to the PTS to test them.

In fact, I've seen others' experience and expericed such crates (not always scam IMO) from other games. And my stance is always like: I only complain when the game's maker fails to offer good game content or service, not when they fail to offer a good environment? When I feel don't like the environment, I quit but don't complain, because complaining about the environment sounds like that I'm dictating how other players should play this game, that thought makes me feel no good.

@ldzlcs065 Does anything get done by just quiting? Your favorite game goes down a dark path and you don't want to try to save it? I know its only opinions of what could "save" and what could "kill" a game but in my opinion we could be seeing what may possibly kill it. Complaining is feedback whether the developers like it or not...

Well fist I want you know that I'm not against any of these negative feedback. I'm just posting my opinion which might be different from yours. Basically, no matter which path the eso will go, I will only view it as a path I like or a path I dislike, but not a darker or brighter path. I've experienced such things before. In fact, I played WOW for many years before I turned to ESO. Now I think WOW has taken a completely different path than at its beginning, which have frustrated many old players. But even though WOW don't interest me anymore, I don't think there should be anybody to be responsible for this as long as WOW still attracts many new players and I still hope WOW do good in the future. I think it's just a difference in values so I just post my opinion to clarify the base of my previous post but not to trigger another debate.

And just for your information, this comment is not towards crown crates or status quo of eso, because I don't believe eso is undergoing or will undergo any drastic change in environment due to crown crates or any other reasons. The motive for my posting is some inconsistency I'm feeling, I see a lot of negative feedbacks here and in several posts in PTS, but other than this places I've seen literally no talking about this topic. So I think the truth is: majority of people show indifference towards this idea, a bunch of people is actively against this idea and a few people like this idea.

They lock down any other thread, so you cannot see any other activity.
    And you probably do not care about the game - the players, who write here do.
    And I don't care about others buying/not buying crates - it is completely different problem - it is a problem of players, who gave a lot of money for cosmetics to support the game and now they are told to gamble for everything they could miss.

I have my own grunge - I didn't test it - because what would be the difference? It is what it is - enough for me to read the description.
    And I don't like it, because I was the player who asked for return of a scholar outfit, and a few weeks later Matt Firor said, that basically that those players, who asked for old cosmetic like scholars outfit, will have to gamble for it.

And yes, you can say, that I can still play the game - yes, I can still play any other game, where I don't like such feature, but I cannot support those devs anymore.
    Edited by Mandragora on October 25, 2016 10:08AM