Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How are you guys able to function at all in PVP? The lag is unbearable, especially in the Vivec Campaign, but also Shor! Ever since the load screen "fix," I haven't been able to play. I have 70mbps and I can be anywhere in Cyrodiil—4am CST, 1 bar across the board—and a skill like dizzy swing takes 6secs to go off (I counted). Anyone else suffering from this lag? It feels like the solo players are the only ones who aren't blind to it. I've been forced into making this forums account in the hopes of making a thread about it later when I have a video uploaded.
    Hi Abyss! Welcome :smile:

Not much lag for me lately (I solo a lot), but I do see some spikes from time to time - Even the simple act of passing through the door of a quiet (no attacks in progress) keep sometimes takes two or three taps on the "X" - But during the course of regular gameplay, Shor/Vivec lag hasn't been too bad for me lately. I wonder if it's ISP related (Route to Data Center, not your local connection speed) - It would be interesting to see, for example, if Comcast customers experience lag when CenturyLink may use a different backbone provider to get to the destination. I do see complaints suddenly appearing in Zone chat about lag when I'm not experiencing any myself, sometimes from players who were fighting right alongside me.

Lag "on-reload" has been a thing for me though since ZOS slapped that band-aid on the infinite load screens. If I blue screen and come back into the game, for me it can be several minutes of no map icons, no buff animations happening etc. I end up sitting in a corner waiting for everything to get back to normal.
    PS4NA
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How are you guys able to function at all in PVP? The lag is unbearable, especially in the Vivec Campaign, but also Shor! Ever since the load screen "fix," I haven't been able to play. I have 70mbps and I can be anywhere in Cyrodiil—4am CST, 1 bar across the board—and a skill like dizzy swing takes 6secs to go off (I counted). Anyone else suffering from this lag? It feels like the solo players are the only ones who aren't blind to it. I've been forced into making this forums account in the hopes of making a thread about it later when I have a video uploaded.

EDIT: @geonsocal As for your apparent struggle against dizzy swing, it's the most easily countered ability in PvP since the nerf to wrecking blow. All you have to do is stay close and walk through your opponent continuously throughout a fight to avoid it. It needs an animation speed-up.

This might be a port forwarding issue. @Abysswarrior45 to help get around ports being blocked from your ISP provider try this;

Tell the router/device to give your PS4 a static IP. Give it a range that exists far away from your other house hold items that use WiFi.

Example:

Your phone uses a IP of 1.2.3.4:13

Give the PS4 an address of 1.2.3.4:198 (the numbers 1.2.3.4 are just placeholder I don’t know what your IP addresses are for you. But you get the idea on range here)

Set this IP address to “DMZ” this will unlock all ports. A fair warning: DMZ is unprotected access to the World Wide Web. This means the PS4 has no firewalling to protect it, though it doesn’t really need it. This allows your PS4 to connect unhindered. Because the PS4 access the PSN network for gaming services and does not run like a PC, it’s relatively safe to put it on DMZ. Do not, and I mean do not do this to mobile phones or PCs ever.

Reboot the router, play PVP

Also try running an Ethernet cable if possible. PS4 WiFi chip isn’t really the best for long term gaming sessions.

As another layer of protection, log onto your PS4 account on Sony’s website and enable Two Factor Authorization for your account.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on December 28, 2017 11:15PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    holy cow cap'n - how in the world do you even know all that...

do you write tech manuals for the cable companies in your spare time :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭

EDIT: @geonsocal As for your apparent struggle against dizzy swing, it's the most easily countered ability in PvP since the nerf to wrecking blow. All you have to do is stay close and walk through your opponent continuously throughout a fight to avoid it. It needs an animation speed-up.

This might be a port forwarding issue. @Abysswarrior45 to help get around ports being blocked from your ISP provider try this;

Tell the router/device to give your PS4 a static IP. Give it a range that exists far away from your other house hold items that use WiFi.

Example:

Give the PS4 an address of 1.2.3.4:198 (the numbers 1.2.3.4 are just placeholder I don’t know what your IP addresses are for you. But you get the idea on range here)

Set this IP address to “DMZ” this will unlock all ports. A fair warning: DMZ is unprotected access to the World Wide Web. This means the PS4 has no firewalling to protect it, though it doesn’t really need it. This allows your PS4 to connect unhindered. Because the PS4 access the PSN network for gaming services and does not run like a PC, it’s relatively safe to put it on DMZ. Do not, and I mean do not do this to mobile phones or PCs ever.

Also try running an Ethernet cable if possible. PS4 WiFi chip isn’t really the best for long term gaming sessions.

As another layer of protection, log onto your PS4 account on Sony’s website and enable Two Factor Authorization for your account.

New to forums so figuring out how the quote system works. Every other multiplayer game works and runs fine though on the PS4. Dark Souls, Destiny, COD, Bloodborne, doesn't matter. And I'm getting 70mbps when I test my connection on my PS4. I'm not as educated in the whole networking world like you, but surely the issue isn't because of my ISP or router?
    Edited by Abysswarrior45 on December 28, 2017 11:59PM
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've also spoke to several people I play with, all long time players like myself, who have been having the same issue since the loading screen fix. Thats when it all started happening.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    are you getting kicked off the servers a bunch?

or, is it that things are simply on a 1 or 2 second delay...is it all the time or just around zergs?

i'll try to pay closer attention to the lag next time i'm on - I do play solo, but, I also like to zerg surf...

place i see it the most is at the allesia front door, and all the time at aleswell on those stairs to the west leading up to the farm...

good chance though at this point - I may just be lag blind...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    are you getting kicked off the servers a bunch?

or, is it that things are simply on a 1 or 2 second delay...is it all the time or just around zergs?

i'll try to pay closer attention to the lag next time i'm on - I do play solo, but, I also like to zerg surf...

place i see it the most is at the allesia front door, and all the time at aleswell on those stairs to the west leading up to the farm...

good chance though at this point - I may just be lag blind...

I'm not getting kicked from the servers at all, however I am getting many lag spikes every 5-10mins that last about 7 seconds. I get random load screens throughout Cyrodiil that last about 10 seconds, and the 2 second delay is everywhere in any population except PVE. Although PVE currently does have its fair share of lag too especially in vMA.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Example:

New to forums so figuring out how the quote system works. Every other multiplayer game works and runs fine though on the PS4. Dark Souls, Destiny, COD, Bloodborne, doesn't matter. And I'm getting 70mbps when I test my connection on my PS4. I'm not as educated in the whole networking world like you, but surely the issue isn't because of my ISP or router?

Truthfully

I can’t answer that. Your ISP could of changes, your modem reset or something else. I just know I fixed a lot of my lag issues using the method i just described.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    holy cow cap'n - how in the world do you even know all that...

do you write tech manuals for the cable companies in your spare time :)

I have set up routers and done minor IT work before in my personal time. It’s a tool kit you need to know how to do in this digital age. It’s just really important to know how to trouble shoot if something is wrong in your end or someone else’s
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been away from PvP for a while now leveling up my warden. That's a fun class. I wish some of the ice skills were stamina based or had stamina morphs. Anyway, it's time to dust off Talion's armor and get back to the battle!

To all Princess Bride Fans and members of the Pact and Covenant:

I am the Dread Pirate (Talion)! There will be no survivors!
    My men are here! I am here! ... but soon you will not be here!
    The Dread Pirate (Talion) takes no survivors! All your worst nightmares are about to come true!
    The Dread Pirate (Talion) is here for your soul!
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ballcap wrote: »
    I've been away from PvP for a while now leveling up my warden. That's a fun class. I wish some of the ice skills were stamina based or had stamina morphs. Anyway, it's time to dust off Talion's armor and get back to the battle!

To all Princess Bride Fans and members of the Pact and Covenant:

I am the Dread Pirate (Talion)! There will be no survivors!
    My men are here! I am here! ... but soon you will not be here!
    The Dread Pirate (Talion) takes no survivors! All your worst nightmares are about to come true!
    The Dread Pirate (Talion) is here for your soul!

KroB4oO.gif
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well that was something... I went in seven pieces of light armor which was different than how I usually play. Usually when I see a nightblade hopping around I go over, survive their burst and then kill them. It's a different story in light armor. The whole surviving their burst part doesn't go as well. Today I paired up War Maiden with Vicious Death. Went with regicide red, ayleid gold, and lamae's white. It looks pretty good. The pants were blue to look like blue jeans. None of that matter though when you are dead on the hillside. But at least I looked good, dead on that hillside.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    out of my 10 characters (one each race, mag/stam version each class) 7 of them are wearing at least 5 heavy...

magplar wears 5 light/2 heavy - which i'm seriously considering changing to 5 heavy/2 light...

mag sorc wears 7 light, but is using SnB on one bar along with impregnable armor as a base set (other sets are grothdarr and 5pc julianos on SnB)...

still missing one piece each for mighty chudan and nerien'eth which i'll switch out the grothdar for)...

my stam sorc wears 7 medium...one of his sets is impregnable...currently he's also wearing cowards gear, 1 pc kena - but, I plan to switch out the cowards gear for medium fortified brass...

for some reason, finding ways to boost my damage output has just gotten a little easier for me over time...

plus, switching up my characters a bunch means i'm not always that sharp at defending myself...

the zerg fighting I like to do usually involves a bunch of incoming damage; and, when i do small scale - i'm usually on my own, so building for durability has been a growing focus for awhile...

just not a big fan of dying...i'll usually try to stalemate folks until others arrive, and just hope they're rocking the same banner as myself :)
    Edited by geonsocal on December 29, 2017 9:36PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    was inside of aleswell yesterday with about 50 to 60 friends and foes downstairs battling around the flags - i'd say the lag made the game pretty much unplayable @Abysswarrior45 - except, I kept on playing...

it was most definitely pretty bad though, no way to really tell who or what was hitting me and vice versa...

I was on my stam sorc, so basically just kept hitting shuffle/poison arrow/vigor...over and over...

at one point my health bar went to zero, but, the lag actually kept me alive...

I must seriously be both blind and numb to it at this point...even when we pushed all the blue folks (was red at the time) out of the keep and were fighting outside the front door - the lag stayed really bad...

it had to have been going on for at least 15 plus minutes...

I guess the only time now I really take notice is when I actually get kicked from the server...

saw it again later on the aleswell stairwell heading up to the farm...but, not much more...
    Edited by geonsocal on December 31, 2017 3:28AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    been running in to a issue where the ground won't be fully rendered (looks like blurry mud :s)...

was riding outside of aleswell again (had just left bruma and EP was attacking aleswell - probably my favorite spot to go collect blood for the pact, followed closely by sejanus)...

was on the west side of the castle riding to the front when suddenly I ran into a patch of quicksand, got stuck, then attacked by a couple of the covenants finest...

was on my magplar so just turtled up and shield and healed...I had just used my healing ult and then one of them cracked my health bar, running out of mag, waiting for pot cool down, was in some serious trouble - suddenly: loading screen - keep flip...

I was pretty positive I was going to come back dead...nope - I actually was able to move before both those other players could get going on again...healed up and then a half dozen or so of my fellow red friends jumped down from the wall and attacked them - they actually put up a pretty good fight considering how outnumbered they were...
    Edited by geonsocal on December 31, 2017 3:25AM
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thats been happening for a while to me as well, Geonsocal. After having done dailies and immediately popping rapids from the Mournhold wayshrine while returning to the undaunted enclave you can almost guarantee on reproducing the event you're describing. Really annoying when it catches you in Cyrodiil.
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    All I wanted for Christmas was for skills to work in cyrodil.
    Rip
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All I wanted for Christmas was for skills to work in cyrodil.
    Rip

I can definitely relate. I've been getting this weird bug lately where all my skills get blacked out. I can still switch bars, but can't use any skills. Had to run away from combat and it still lasted over 4 minutes. Good times!
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one day left...all three alliances within a couple points of each other - AD currently at the top...

have 3 AD characters, 3 EP characters, 4 DC characters...all at tier 3 (quickest to 100k was my mag sorc who did it in 3 hours work for the queen)...

usually when push comes to shove (particularly for the last year or so), I'll go with my main's alliance - daggerfall covenant...

it's been a long time since faction pride really meant anything to me...

once I moved all my characters in to azura's star (wanted everyone to be able to fight in the old arena district in IC - it was a lot of fun and I great spot for training new characters), faction loyalty didn't mean so much...had to play each alliance exactly the same...

it's strange - the same affinity I had for AD when they were always in last, has been replaced with DC, since they been bringing up the year...

fighting out numbered can really bring an alliance closer - out of necessity :)

not sure of all the political stuff between guilds and top tier players that have such a strong influence on population balance - but, the last month has been a lot of fun to log on and go fight for each faction...

much appreciation to folks like @Takes-No-Prisoner and @Stoney_McGeee for taking the challenge to come play as a team for the faction that had the lowest player participation...

it's one thing for us solo folks to play on different factions - for a raid team to swap, much bigger story...much larger impact...

yourselves and others who took the time to create characters in new alliances - there have been a bunch of you this year :wink: - and, wanted to see a healthy map, are a large reason this campaign had been so entertaining...
    Edited by geonsocal on December 31, 2017 10:45PM
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    I imagine this will be removed by moderators if it's not allowed but heres a link to a video I made showcasing the lag. I can't attach the video here because I didn't have the editing tools to cover up all the names of anyone shown in the video even though its not directed at them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7x7csj2B74

Heres what my game used to play like before the loading screen fix. Before CWC as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c2-pQhY9kE

EDIT: It seems the videos are attached either way... :/
    Edited by Abysswarrior45 on December 31, 2017 10:45PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Abyss I remember! :D
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    great fight up on top of the gate :)

I'll be honest, I don't understand technically what's going on - but, I get stuck in the environment every so often...

most amusing situations are when the enemy can see you, but, can't interact with you...after a couple of minutes of trying to get unstuck - I'll usually start dancing while a couple of players try to swing away...

that gets boring though after awhile and then it's time to use that 'get me unstuck' thing...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I imagine this will be removed by moderators if it's not allowed but heres a link to a video I made showcasing the lag. I can't attach the video here because I didn't have the editing tools to cover up all the names of anyone shown in the video even though its not directed at them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7x7csj2B74

Heres what my game used to play like before the loading screen fix. Before CWC as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c2-pQhY9kE

EDIT: It seems the videos are attached either way... :/

oh yeah, the only vids they really remove are the ones where you say folks are cheating...

the glitch ones are mostly just comical, I've got a bunch of them...

Edit: just had a chance to watch the other vid - wow, your timing is excellent @Abysswarrior45 ...
    Edited by geonsocal on December 31, 2017 11:03PM
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    great fight up on top of the gate :)

I'll be honest, I don't understand technically what's going on - but, I get stuck in the environment every so often...

most amusing situations are when the enemy can see you, but, can't interact with you...after a couple of minutes of trying to get unstuck - I'll usually start dancing while a couple of players try to swing away...

that gets boring though after awhile and then it's time to use that 'get me unstuck' thing...

Dizzy swing is a 1 sec channel according to the tooltip. The video is showcasing how the lag increases the channel time rendering it useless. It gets stuck in animation and never goes off. Also, the constant bar swaps are me trying to animation cancel vigor and executes, but they don't register so I have to swap back continuously. In other words, this lag is killing any form of small scale/solo play where timing burst is key and maintaining buffs is a must.
    Edited by Abysswarrior45 on January 1, 2018 1:11AM
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Que triple digits to get in. I haven't seen that in ages. Hooray for a competitive campaign.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah baby :p

7 hours to go and the separation between the 3 alliances is less than 50 points...wow - that's freaking awesome...

EP & DC tied up top with 7 hours to play...played a bunch last night, will go on a few hours before the end of the campaign - lots of fun...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Que triple digits to get in. I haven't seen that in ages. Hooray for a competitive campaign.

congrats to you - was checking the leaderboards and saw you with 3.5 million of AP for the campaign, nice work :)

I hope you have a healthy and happy 2018...

had a good day with my buddy re-setting his dragonknight...put him in some 7th legion and shacklebreaker, still needs to pick up a monster piece...worked on changing up some of his attributes and skills...

it's funny, but he does very little research or theorycrafting - yet, he's success at pvp...

he just competes well...

considering he already does okay for himself, hopefully putting him in some decent gear, with a little help on slotting certain abilities, will help him even a little more...

plus, it was good just talking with him...sent him the game for christmas a couple of years ago...

occasionally we'll fight together in cyrodiil...much easier game when someone else is helping you shield, heal, and attack other folks...
    Edited by geonsocal on January 2, 2018 6:36PM
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

congrats to you - was checking the leaderboards and saw you with 3.5 million of AP for the campaign, nice work :)

I hope you have a healthy and happy 2018...

had a good day with my buddy re-setting his dragonknight...put him in some 7th legion and shacklebreaker, still needs to pick up a monster piece...worked on changing up some of his attributes and skills...

it's funny, but he does very little research or theorycrafting - yet, he's successfully at pvp...

he just competes well...

considering he already does okay for himself, hopefully putting him in some decent gear, with a little help on slotting certain abilities, will help him even a little more...

plus, it was good just talking with him...sent him the game for christmas a couple of years ago...

occasionally we'll fight together in cyrodiil...much easier game when someone else is helping you shield, heal, and attack other folks...

Thanks, was running two characters this campaign to try and get two gold jewellery mails. Both over 3M so hopefully will be enough for two top 2% mails at the end of campaign. With so much AP going around might be close on the second character.

Nice always fun playing with friends. Happy New Year to you as well @geonsocal
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and the winner is - daggerfall covenant...think they won by less than 20 points over the ebonheart pact...had the campaign lasted another hour or two - very good chance the aldmeri dominion would have had the top spot...

wow, what a fun campaign...for the most part - excellent balance throughout the campaign...
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was gonna ask who won. I couldn’t get in through the 292 in que last night. I saw it was crazy close though. EP was leading when I got off.