Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    played on my 2 "tanks" the last couple of days...putting on plague doctor really made a difference, both characters also wear black rose...they're both SnB, one with a bow, one with a staff...also werewolves, but, I'm focused on making them support characters right now - so, I'm slotting war horns instead...

still need to farm 2 piece each of the monster sets...one will be velidreth, the other the maw of the infernal - for rp purposes mostly :D

man, good plague doctor gear isn't too unreasonable, flipping black rose is nearly impossible to find at all...wish they would just add IC to the base game already...

Edit: oh yeah, the whole reason I meant to write something - freaking awesome large scale AvAvA battles last night and today...that's what originally hooked me in the game - getting 50 or so folks in a spot and just having at it :p

what we're some of the larger fight battle numbers that you've seen recently?
    Edited by geonsocal on May 14, 2017 1:36AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The amount of people I'm seeing exploit "Guard" is stupid. I hope they fix that at some point..
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well here's another holiday infringing on important gaming time...

just kidding (slightly) - hope all you moms, sons, daughters and husbands are having a great day...
    Edited by geonsocal on May 15, 2017 8:36AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i got my first hate mail. Yay! It is funny that someone thinks because I have max level toon I should be good or something?

I probably couldn't 1v1 a level 15 brand new to this game though. That's why I prefer to travel with a large group. No shame.

I'm learning ew stuff all the time. This resource flipping tactic a few minutes before campaign scoring......yeah it's a thing.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow pounded by mega blue zergs on the left and mega yellow zergs on the right yesterday.
    EP sandwich with no hope of holding anything.
    Could you guys maybe fight each other? :p
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    i got my first hate mail. Yay! It is funny that someone thinks because I have max level toon I should be good or something?

I probably couldn't 1v1 a level 15 brand new to this game though. That's why I prefer to travel with a large group. No shame.

I'm learning ew stuff all the time. This resource flipping tactic a few minutes before campaign scoring......yeah it's a thing.

All of the skills in the game are balanced around group play anyway. So if you get that random guy who hate mails you and asks for a 1v1,you can just laugh it off.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow pounded by mega blue zergs on the left and mega yellow zergs on the right yesterday.

whoa, look at you mister high up on the leaderboards - great job sir :)

ugh, stayed up playing waaaaaay to late...always interesting to see who's still out there playing away past midnight here on the west coast...some really tough players hanging around on the map at that time...
  • Maff
    Maff
    ✭✭✭

I've been pretty salty about this in chat recently. DC can use red to help dethrone or just split yellow up so we can push them back if they give EP room to push out. I think If I keep whining about it in chat eventually people will wise up and learn to play the map better. Really I just try to get people on DC to think about consequences of what keeps they attack or hold, and sometimes it seems to work.
    AD get really focused on holding DC back, it's good to see EP take yellow home keeps behind them when they refuse to pull back. Events like that can really help us blues out and take some pressure off us. EP certainly has its moments of greatness, was good to see them get emp the other day.
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so about that magblade hvy attack build.....have been hitting 18-20k on average and topped out so far at 25601!!!! still need to gold my gear out...have about 8000 scraps to refine so I should have enough wax to spare!
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't wait for the Morrowind patch to come down for MagBlade. Heavy/Light attacking builds for MagBlade is gonna be really good. I can feel it!
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't wait for the Morrowind patch to come down for MagBlade. Heavy/Light attacking builds for MagBlade is gonna be really good. I can feel it!

that multiple spectral bows though !! <3
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, having Merciless stay active after the bow Proc is gonna be a nice DPS buff for us. But having LA do more damage is a very good boon for us. We can hide in the shadows, LA LA to harass the target without over committing and buffed cloak is gonna be really nice for us.

Those PvPers that really over commit in the next patch are gonna be punished big time if they don't build for sustain properly.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on May 16, 2017 2:34PM
  • Yung_deezy818
    Yung_deezy818
    ✭✭
    If yall didn't see go to alliance war new thread all campaigns will be shuting down n new ones open as of morrowind. Only 1 30 day cp camp. A no cp 30 no cp 7 no cp 1to50
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If yall didn't see go to alliance war new thread all campaigns will be shuting down n new ones open as of morrowind. Only 1 30 day cp camp. A no cp 30 no cp 7 no cp 1to50

good catch deezy...wow...time to find a new home - hello vivec...
    All current Campaigns will be shut down on 5/22 for PC (Early Access) and 6/6 for consoles (Morrowind launch), and new ones will be opening in their stead! We are doing this to give everyone a chance to re-plant their flags and find new homes to flex their Alliance mettle. Also note that Campaigns are being shifted to be mostly Non-Champion to go along with Battlegrounds being non-Champion based.

New Campaigns (the following are for all Platforms, all Regions):
    • Almalexia - Ruleset: 7 day Non-Champ
    • Sotha Sil – Ruleset: 30 day Non-Champ
    • Vivec – Ruleset: 30 day Champ
    • Kyne – Ruleset: 1-49 Non-Champ

In addition to the above, Xbox NA will also have the following Campaign added:
    • Shor – Ruleset: 7 day Champ

Campaigns that are being shut down will award players based on the Leaderboard and score status at the time of shut down. All players will be granted free Home assignments as well.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP Haddy
  • Curson
    Curson
    ✭✭
    Also note that Campaigns are being shifted to be mostly Non-Champion to go along with Battlegrounds being non-Champion based.

I think there's a chance that Sotha Sil might be more popular than Vivec.
    Edited by Curson on May 16, 2017 7:03PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curson wrote: »
    Also note that Campaigns are being shifted to be mostly Non-Champion to go along with Battlegrounds being non-Champion based.

I think there's a chance that Sotha Sil might be more popular than Vivec.

i think you may be right @Curson ...between battlegrounds and the campaign - eventually I imagine I'll get tired of switching from no cp to cp pvp...

I've always wanted to stay in the most populated, competitive pvp map...vivec may not be that a few months down the road...
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    All current Campaigns will be shut down on 5/22 for PC (Early Access) and 6/6 for consoles (Morrowind launch), and new ones will be opening in their stead! We are doing this to give everyone a chance to re-plant their flags and find new homes to flex their Alliance mettle. Also note that Campaigns are being shifted to be mostly Non-Champion to go along with Battlegrounds being non-Champion based.

New Campaigns (the following are for all Platforms, all Regions):
    • Almalexia - Ruleset: 7 day Non-Champ
    • Sotha Sil – Ruleset: 30 day Non-Champ
    • Vivec – Ruleset: 30 day Champ
    • Kyne – Ruleset: 1-49 Non-Champ

In addition to the above, Xbox NA will also have the following Campaign added:
    • Shor – Ruleset: 7 day Champ

Campaigns that are being shut down will award players based on the Leaderboard and score status at the time of shut down. All players will be granted free Home assignments as well.

So all those Tanks that want to run around trees, boulders, up/down towers will all be in Vivec? I'd assume the No CP would make the playing field more level.

Does CP make Destro Ult stronger?
    Edited by PhxOldGamer68 on May 16, 2017 8:40PM
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does CP make Destro Ult stronger?

Yes
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope they adjust Battle Spirit, Poisons and NPCs.
    IC is going to be tough without CP.
    Vivec will be a lag fest, they should have just made all non cp.
    Or maybe the numbers they have on players quitting tells them it won't be overfull.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP Haddy

Like Haderus is anything but a scrub buff server to begin with. AD has a double score lead of like 4-5k points right now.

If anything moving to non-CP will maybe help balance out the Alliances a little more than they are right now where AD has way more max CP players.

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP Haddy

Like Haderus is anything but a scrub buff server to begin with. AD has a double score lead of like 4-5k points right now.

holy crap a 4 to 5k lead - is that right?

how is that even possible - it's only a 7 day map...

wasn't on last night, but, seems like AD is flexing their muscles more and more in scourge...i think we're about a week or so into the campaign, fortunately the scores haven't got too out of hand...

3 maps for vet players, only one with cp - vivec is gonna have some crazy queue times...
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP Haddy

If anything moving to non-CP will maybe help balance out the Alliances a little more than they are right now where AD has way more max CP players.

You're missing the point.

Haderus is used by a lot of people to play and warm up before heading into Scourge.

No one really cares who wins it.

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    been playing for the covenant for last several days...switching up a bunch between three different characters...magblades are just so much fun...

jumped on for a wjike after work, playing with my stam dk, and suddenly i can't seem to control my resource management, ugh...

logging off now due to lack of interest...actually that's not entirely true - logging off now due to being tired of getting my butt kicked by everything yellow :#

man, I've only seen one EP player tonight, they were just sneaking around bleakers as gooch and group was taking the flag, leaving the door open and then ghosting for a few minutes...saw what was going on, but, other blue folks wanted to fight...sometimes it's just too hard to resist jumping in...

probably give it a try a little later once my pride has regenerated a bit...
    Edited by geonsocal on May 17, 2017 2:47AM
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Haderus is used by a lot of people to play and warm up before heading into Scourge.

How do you warm up to go run around in a zerg? lol

And AD definitely cares who wins it which is why AD guilds have been piling 3 bars of players in it at night to cap the entire map.
    Edited by Twohothardware on May 17, 2017 3:10AM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How do you warm up to go run around in a zerg? lol

And AD definitely cares who wins it which is why AD guilds have been piling 3 bars of players in it at night to cap the entire map.

Yet, you also did not point out that reds are guilty of doing the same thing in the past two months. Why else would AD be there?

No one said anything about zerging, only you.

Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on May 17, 2017 11:53AM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe some EP will come back from AD and DC when they see the long que waits on Vivec.
    Or just move on, even I am finding it hard to convince myself to keep playing ESO.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe some EP will come back from AD and DC when they see the long que waits on Vivec.
    Or just move on, even I am finding it hard to convince myself to keep playing ESO.

Probably just need to take a long break like I am. Let's not forget Battlegrounds would also help reduce that que time.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably just need to take a long break like I am. Let's not forget Battlegrounds would also help reduce that que time.
    A long queue time isn't something EP players usually experience - We're so low on population that I can jump into Scourge whenever the mood strikes - Even during primetime, access is usually instantaneous. The longest I've waited in the past 2 months is about 5 mins and I think that's happened twice (I play daily).

I fear Battlegrounds will be a bust for me - Pre-made groups will rule all. In addition, I'm reading in the new alliance war announcement thread where someone claims this game has a nasty habit of granting a player "Permanent Emperorship" buffs if they are Emperor when a campaign is deleted from the game. The campaign is deleted, and they enjoy Emp bonuses on that character forever. Hope that's not true - We all know who will probably end up with that if it happens... lol

Wouldn't it have been better for all play-styles to just do away with CP completely in PvP, and not mess with the game at all in PvE? Seems like all these incoming nerfs were mostly to control PvP balance. Now there's only one CP campaign anyway, so what was the point?

I'll be taking a 7 day break next week myself - Vacation beckons and a road trip is always fun. But roaming around Scourge last night, I really got the impression that from an EP perspective, the campaign is in big trouble and simply renaming it to Vivek won't fix that.

Everyone's on a Yellow, Blue only surges when Baconator puts in an appearance (which is rare), and it seems EP has low population pretty much all the time (and morale to match).

ZOS can balance players all they want but until they balance population it's always going to be rough being the underdog, and boring being the dominating faction. Feeling a bit gloomy today to be honest. I have had some great times in PvP in this game, but I sense that EP is losing players (and leaders) already and Morrowind isn't likely to reverse that trend.
    PS4NA
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    A long queue time isn't something EP players usually experience - We're so low on population that I can jump into Scourge whenever the mood strikes - Even during primetime, access is usually instantaneous. The longest I've waited in the past 2 months is about 5 mins and I think that's happened twice (I play daily). I fear Battlegrounds will be a bust for me - Pre-made groups will rule all.

Yup, while I was thinking back on what I said earlier about losing Haderus, I tried to wrap my head around the idea Battlegrounds would be a thing to play in while in the que for Vivec. But what I bolded here is basically the same idea I had as well.

We both know these pre-made groups have a lot of creative juices between their members. Since they most likely small scaled in Cyrodiil for a long time. That kind of synergy is gonna be hard to over come with a PUG made group.
    , I'm reading in the new alliance war announcement thread where someone claims this game has a nasty habit of granting a player "Permanent Emperorship" buffs if they are Emperor when a campaign is deleted from the game. The campaign is deleted, and they enjoy Emp bonuses on that character forever. Hope that's not true - We all know who will probably end up with that if it happens... lol

It's not. There is a guy in AD who has the Emperor title of a campaign that was closed, but as I fought along side him, it was very obvious he had no Emp buffs. So methinks he'd only get them if that campaign was actually active and he was playing inside it.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on May 17, 2017 2:35PM