The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Great Idea for Gold Jewelry to Drop for ALL Sets in Veteran Dungeons

Vaoh
Vaoh
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
All of the listed sets drop in Armor, Weapons, and Jewelry. However, there are only a handful of sets with jewelry that can be obtained at gold-quality.

All of the Sets dropping in dungeons (and where they drop)
Arx Corinium: Lamia’s Song, Undaunted Infiltrator, Medusa
Banished Cells: Sanctuary, Jailbreaker, Tormentor
Blackheart Haven: Undaunted Unweaver, Bone Pirate’s Tatters, Knight-errant’s Mail
Blessed Crucible: Noble Duelist’s Silks, Sword Dancer, Nikulas’ Heavy Armor
City of Ash: Burning Spellweave, Sunderflame, Embershield
Cradle of Shadows: Gossamer, Widowmaker, Hand of Mephala
Crypt of Hearts: Shroud of the Lich, Leviathan, Ebon Armory
Darkshade Caverns: Netch’s Touch, Strength of the Automaton, Armor of True
Direfrost Keep: Magicka Furnace, Draugr Hulk, Ice Furnace
Elden Hollow: Light Speaker, Barkskin, Undaunted Bastion
Fungal Grotto: Spider Cultist Cowl, Viper’s Sting, Dreugh King Slayer
Imperial City Prison: Scathing Mage, Sheer Venom, Leeching Plate
Ruins of Mazzatun: Amberplasm, Heem-Jas’ Retribution, Aspect of Mazzatun
Selene’s Web: Vestments of the Warlock, Hircine’s Veneer, Durok’s Bane
Spindleclutch: Prayer Shawl, Spelunker, Knightmare
Tempest Island: Overwhelming Surge, Storm Master, Jolting Arms
Vaults of Madness: Worm’s Raiment, Oblivion’s Edge, Rattlecage
Volenfell: Treasure Hunter, Crusader, Duneripper’s Scales
Wayrest Sewers: Combat Physician, Toothrow, Sergeant’s Mail
White-Gold Tower: Spell Power Cure, Essence Thief, Brands of Imperium

My suggestion, is to allow Gold jewelry to have a chance at dropping for these sets as loot when you defeat the final boss of these dungeons on Veteran and with Hard Mode enabled. This would give us the ability to wear a TON of new sets at maximum efficiency.

The final bosses of the group dungeons in One Tamriel will currently drop only jewelry/weapons. Having a chance to get these pieces in Gold when killing the boss on Hard Mode would be really cool. Remember that this is BoP, so it won't flood any market with Gold jewelry either.

What do you all think? It isn't too late to get this idea to the Devs if it's widely supported. I think it'd be both cool and really nice to have some of these sets at CP160 with Gold jewelry!

I think it really sucks that Gold jewelry mainly drops from Veteran trials right now, which like 0.001% of the player base will ever really be able to get. And the prices of that jewelry? Spiking up between 250K and 1.25M.... it should be a bit more accessible imo to others besides the already madly rich.
Edited by Vaoh on September 11, 2016 7:54AM

Great Idea for Gold Jewelry to Drop for ALL Sets in Veteran Dungeons 142 votes

Yes
77%
fsmassey_ESOMalaVrazicasilvereyesElder_Martinbigscoothb14_ESOBirdovicFaulgorDestruentKagheiEnodocUbungTonnopesceeserras7b16_ESORhazmuzDarlondylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESONebthet78cjthibsinf.toniceb17_ESOJRCandeias 110 votes
No
17%
agabahmeatshieldb14_ESOMasterkenAshanneAldruinMilvanEdziutimidobserverDubhliamTavinePaulingtonAyantirVernocAkrasjelSpliffoSirGabenOfSteamiaHumatielRagnaarokfireraptureTempahTinus_92 25 votes
Other
4%
lolo_01b16_ESOIruil_ESONifty2gcode65536ZedrianIvan04GDOFWR420 7 votes
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or have a small chance to get jewelery from box with shoulder, same like You can get gold jewelery with maelstorms from weekly.
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I agree with this idea, but I would like if the gold jewelries can drop on the final boss in hard mode with a flawless run, aka no death, all boss killed and speedrun clear. The loot chance would be greatly increased with all these simultaneous conditions.
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    What about the overland sets ?
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Darlon wrote: »
    What about the overland sets ?

It's a valid question. I am unsure of a good way to implement them. Perhaps as somewhat rare drops inside the Undaunted chests (only BoP though). Similar to @juhasman 's idea.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    RoyJade wrote: »
    I agree with this idea, but I would like if the gold jewelries can drop on the final boss in hard mode with a flawless run, aka no death, all boss killed and speedrun clear. The loot chance would be greatly increased with all these simultaneous conditions.

I like where you are going with this!

If those requirements are met, then Gold jewelry WILL (100%) drop if the Final Boss is killed on Hard Mode. Not a bad idea. If the requirements are not met, then the Gold jewelry could have a 20% drop rate over turning Purple, rather than the 100% chance of being Gold.
    Edited by Vaoh on September 11, 2016 9:39AM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    All sets with jewellery should have a chance for them to drop in gold.

Also, add jewellery crafting for crafted sets already.

'Nuff said.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Seems fairly easy to get the gold doesn't it?
    #MOREORBS
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    Just add jewelery crafting. Would also give crafters something else to do than just collecting endless numbers of style pages.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Seems fairly easy to get the gold doesn't it?

Yeah a bit :/@RoyJade had a fantastic suggestion to add to my idea!

I'd personally get behind this idea more than my own.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    For jewelry, it's the enchantment that matters. The difference between purple and gold is a rounding error. I frankly don't care either way--the only reason to run gold jewelry is if you happen to already have it and for the shininess; it makes no zero difference.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I like the flawless run idea, but I'd take the RNG out of it. I say if you don't accomplish the hardest thing, you don't get the best reward. And if you do accomplish the hardest thing, you shouldn't get shafted by RNG. It should be a guaranteed drop.

Personally, I'd prefer if the BoE overworld sets dropped gold jewelry too, as long as the requirements for it dropping were extremely difficult so as not to flood the market. I have no idea how to accomplish this, though, without instanced content to appropriately assign rewards to the correct people. Any ideas?
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    silvereyes wrote: »
    I like the flawless run idea, but I'd take the RNG out of it. I say if you don't accomplish the hardest thing, you don't get the best reward. And if you do accomplish the hardest thing, you shouldn't get shafted by RNG. It should be a guaranteed drop.

Personally, I'd prefer if the BoE overworld sets dropped gold jewelry too, as long as the requirements for it dropping were extremely difficult so as not to flood the market. I have no idea how to accomplish this, though, without instanced content to appropriately assign rewards to the correct people. Any ideas?

I heard the PVP vendor sells over world sets gold for 500k gold.
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Totally agree. No flawless : 100% purple gear. Flawless : 100% gold gear.
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Jaronking wrote: »
    I heard the PVP vendor sells over world sets gold for 500k gold.
    The golden vendor will have both BoE overworld sets AND BoP dungeon sets - for 250k gold or 500k AP. Right now on PTS, Necropotence (BoE Rivenspire overworld) and Ebon Armory (BoP Crypt of Hearts dungeon) are both being sold.

However, it's unknown what the drop tables for this vendor would be.
    • Is it all sets, just former Trials sets, or some other subset?
    • Which traits will be offered? For example, can you get a tank set in Arcane or Robust, or only Healthy?
    • Will any PvP leaderboard sets be offered?
    • What about vDSA sets?
    • Will it be totally random (i.e. with replacement?) or will care be taken to make sure repeats don't occur?

No matter the case, there are some major issues I have with the PvP golden vendor being the *only* source of overworld gold jewelry.
    • It forces people to raise gold or AP. Not a little gold or AP either, but a *lot* of gold.
    • If the drop table includes *all* sets, it could take years for the set you want to become available.
    • Due to ^, it encourages flippers to stock up and then be the exclusive source of those sets for a very long time. Expect prices in the 300k-1m gold range.
    • If the drop table is limited to only 30 or so sets, that leaves the majority of dungeon and overworld sets with no way to get gold jewelry. Not the end of the world, but certainly not ideal for build diversity.
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of a flawless run and having to kill all the bosses not just sneak/skip through half the dungeon.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Yes but .... no . when you say this , i understand that you think the Hard mode of Vet dungeon will be hard but ... not ... they are easy... and Gold jewerly in a Easy hard mode of vet dungeon ... this is not very good

BUT this is a great idea man .
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Here's an idea for getting gold overworld drops: a new solo-instanced version for public dungeons that is veteran trial difficulty, but scaled for solo. Small bosses would drop purple armor pieces. "Group event" bosses would drop purple jewelry and weapons (might need to rename them because of the whole "solo" thing :P). And a flawless speedrun of all bosses would give a legendary jewelry piece.

It should be a very difficult time-consuming thing to accomplish, especially since the drops would be BoE and a source of gold. You shouldn't be able to mindlessly farm it. It should take real skill.

It should also absolutely be instanced. Without instancing, you'll just have zerg balls farming the popular sets.

The reason I'd make it solo-instanced instead of just another 4 person dungeon is because overworld is all about solo / duo content. Many new players are solo players from previous TES games that don't care about group content. It would be nice to give the most skilled non-PvP solo players access to more gold jewelry drops.

Public dungeons are already self-contained dungeons, so they are a perfect candidate for instancing via an alternate entrance or quest giver.
    Edited by silvereyes on September 11, 2016 7:00PM
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    An alternative idea for overland gold jewelry rewards would be some sort of new instanced hard mode for dispatching all 3 dolmens and all 3 world bosses in a zone. This would be much more difficult to implement, but not impossible.

Maybe add a new interactable or portal that would launch a kind of alternate universe battle with each world boss or dolmen? It could have an insta-kill circle around it to keep players from wandering the open world inside their instance.

Hard mode dolmens would have to be much, much harder than normal. They are a total faceroll right now.

They could even make it some sort of weekly reset so people couldn't farm them. If you finish all 6 objectives within the week, then you get the reward in a mail.

The public dungeon idea would probably be a lot easier to implement, but this could be fun too.
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    An alternative idea for overland gold jewelry rewards would be some sort of new instanced hard mode for dispatching all 3 dolmens and all 3 world bosses in a zone. This would be much more difficult to implement, but not impossible.

Maybe add a new interactable or portal that would launch a kind of alternate universe battle with each world boss or dolmen? It could have an insta-kill circle around it to keep players from wandering the open world inside their instance.

Hard mode dolmens would have to be much, much harder than normal. They are a total faceroll right now.

They could even make it some sort of weekly reset so people couldn't farm them. If you finish all 6 objectives within the week, then you get the reward in a mail.

The public dungeon idea would probably be a lot easier to implement, but this could be fun too.

This is a totally unrealistic idea. Zos isn't going to create massive separate instances with just the single intention of providing a possibility to get gold jewelry...
    Edited by Darlon on September 11, 2016 8:36PM
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Darlon wrote: »
    [snip].
    This is a totally unrealistic idea. Zos isn't going to create massive separate instances with just the single intention of providing a possibility to get gold jewelry...
    None of these ideas are worthwhile for Zos to implement just for the gold jewelry. Zos has left gaping holes in what sets drop gold jewels forever, so it's perfectly reasonable for them to continue to do so.

No, the motivation for new play modes and / or content is to provide more players more reasons to keep playing, keep buying crown store supplies, keep subbing, etc.

As for whether the instances would be "massive" ... I doubt it. Only the immediate fight area needs to even be loaded. It need not be a complete copy of the entire zone. It'd probably be smaller than most solo instances.
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I think for overland drop, the most realistic solution would be a group of daily/weekly quest : kill world boss, destroy ankle, and slay group dungeon's boss.
  • Elyu
    Elyu
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

Something along these lines would be amazing
    Vaoh wrote: »

I think it really sucks that Gold jewelry mainly drops from Veteran trials right now, which like 0.001% of the player base will ever really be able to get. And the prices of that jewelry? Spiking up between 250K and 1.25M.... it should be a bit more accessible imo to others besides the already madly rich.

As for this though.....at the moment selling gold-quality jewellery is the ONLY reliable way for raiders to regain the money they spent on potions etc, the changes to itemization with One Tamriel will destroy the raiding community.

• Transairion
    Transairion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you're vastly, vastly overestimating the amount of players who can pull off a flawless run at all, let alone regularly.

Only like a hundred people would ever see a gold jewelry drop this way, and because they're in a Dungeon they're BoP anyway. There's no selling those except to the 3 other players, you get a bad one you're vendoring it if you can't use it.

Isn't the idea to provide a source of gold jewelry for more than a handful of players? Even like a 1% RNG chance gives more out than the above. I've got no problem rewarding the people who CAN do flawless speedruns with 100% chance, but 0% chance for everyone else is pretty harsh.

You're basically telling most of the playerbase to shove it.
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

I think you're vastly, vastly overestimating the amount of players who can pull off a flawless run at all, let alone regularly.

Only like a hundred people would ever see a gold jewelry drop this way, and because they're in a Dungeon they're BoP anyway. There's no selling those except to the 3 other players, you get a bad one you're vendoring it if you can't use it.

Isn't the idea to provide a source of gold jewelry for more than a handful of players? Even like a 1% RNG chance gives more out than the above. I've got no problem rewarding the people who CAN do flawless speedruns with 100% chance, but 0% chance for everyone else is pretty harsh.

Well, considering that the difference between purple and gold jewelries is pretty low, I consider that gold jewelries is more like an ultimate reward for midmaxer who are able to do the hardest content (aka flawless on dungeon, who is easy on most dungeons, even if I agree that some gold jewelries would be really hard to obtain). Gold is "legendary" rarity, it should be a rare reward for a hard content.
    When I'm teaching children to how to work and to win (mostly at school), I give them a nice ultimate reward for a hard work. Same for adults : a reward for a good work instead of a random reward is IMO the best motivation for progression. At least, it's clearly the solution who give the best results I've ever seen.
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes

I think you're vastly, vastly overestimating the amount of players who can pull off a flawless run at all, let alone regularly....

Isn't the idea to provide a source of gold jewelry for more than a handful of players?
    The idea is to provide a source of gold jewelry to the top players. That is consistent with the rest of the gold jewelry drops. Other drops come from vet trials hard mode, trials leaderboards and PvP leaderboards. It is not supposed to be an "accessible" drop.

The "accessible" part comes from any sets that happen to be BoE. In the past, this has meant both top raiders and PvP players selling to the other 99%. In update 12, it's pretty much only top PvP players that have this option any longer.

I'm a big fan of BoE jewelry btw, which is part of why I would love to see a way for the top tier solo players to get drops from overworld sets. It provides a way for the top players to make bank on any duplicates or sets they don't want, and it provides a way for the rest to access the best quality jewels with a bit of investment, the same that they can do with upgrade mats on weapons and armor.
  • Lucius_Aelius
    Lucius_Aelius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

I disagree vehemently just because I pug a lot and this screws over anyone who happens to get a bad group, I'm a Tank so it's easy for me not to die but DPS's and Healers have a much harder time of it, and if any of them make any kind of mistake that's no reason to punish me (or, if I do mess up, that's no reason to punish them). I understand why you'd suggest that, but the practically (or lack thererof) just renders it less of a good idea for a multitude of reasons.

What if someone DC's in the middle of a perfect run? What if someone gets screwed by the mechanics with an unlucky hit? Too many variables at play and it would just *** people off unnecessarily, to my knowledge there is no activity that provides loot for perfect runs that isn't provided by the same run with deaths, and it should stay that way. Titles and dyes are one thing, but that's no way for loot to be handed out, especially in a team activity where other people dying is to a large extent out of your control.
    Edited by Lucius_Aelius on October 6, 2016 3:26PM
    Daggerfall Covenant - Scourge (Xbox NA) - GT: Lucius Aelius - Lord - 648CP
    Lucius Aelius Aurelius - 50 Imperial Dragonknight - Centurion - Stam Tank
    Lucius Aelius Valerius - 50 Imperial Templar - Lieutenant - Mag Heal/DPS
    Lucius Aelius Regulus - 50 Imperial Nightblade - First Sergeant - Stam DPS
    Lucius Aelius Augustus - 50 Imperial Sorcerer - Corporal - Mag DPS
    Wags-His-Tail - 20 Argonian Sorcerer - Recruit - TBD
    Holds-The-Line - 40 Argonian Dragonknight - Recruit - TBD
    Carries-Extra-Gear - 4 Argonian Dragonknight - Recruit - TBD
    Guildmaster - Wardens of the Covenant
    Group Leader - xpThe Guildxp
    Trader - Secret Sauce
    Trader - Elite Dungeoneers
  • Lucius_Aelius
    Lucius_Aelius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

I think you're vastly, vastly overestimating the amount of players who can pull off a flawless run at all, let alone regularly....

Isn't the idea to provide a source of gold jewelry for more than a handful of players?
    The idea is to provide a source of gold jewelry to the top players. That is consistent with the rest of the gold jewelry drops. Other drops come from vet trials hard mode, trials leaderboards and PvP leaderboards. It is not supposed to be an "accessible" drop.

The "accessible" part comes from any sets that happen to be BoE. In the past, this has meant both top raiders and PvP players selling to the other 99%. In update 12, it's pretty much only top PvP players that have this option any longer.

I'm a big fan of BoE jewelry btw, which is part of why I would love to see a way for the top tier solo players to get drops from overworld sets. It provides a way for the top players to make bank on any duplicates or sets they don't want, and it provides a way for the rest to access the best quality jewels with a bit of investment, the same that they can do with upgrade mats on weapons and armor.

I think you're confusing top PvP players with players who play a lot, BIG difference.

Which is to say I'm absolutely not one of the best of the best, and last campaign I had a Gold Ring and Necklace of Vicious Death to sell, so your point is invalid.
    Edited by Lucius_Aelius on October 6, 2016 3:25PM
    Daggerfall Covenant - Scourge (Xbox NA) - GT: Lucius Aelius - Lord - 648CP
    Lucius Aelius Aurelius - 50 Imperial Dragonknight - Centurion - Stam Tank
    Lucius Aelius Valerius - 50 Imperial Templar - Lieutenant - Mag Heal/DPS
    Lucius Aelius Regulus - 50 Imperial Nightblade - First Sergeant - Stam DPS
    Lucius Aelius Augustus - 50 Imperial Sorcerer - Corporal - Mag DPS
    Wags-His-Tail - 20 Argonian Sorcerer - Recruit - TBD
    Holds-The-Line - 40 Argonian Dragonknight - Recruit - TBD
    Carries-Extra-Gear - 4 Argonian Dragonknight - Recruit - TBD
    Guildmaster - Wardens of the Covenant
    Group Leader - xpThe Guildxp
    Trader - Secret Sauce
    Trader - Elite Dungeoneers
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just let us improve jewelry via blacksmithing.

Boom, like 10 problems fixed at once.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Just let us improve jewelry via blacksmithing.

Boom, like 10 problems fixed at once.

Yup! Via a new gold temper!.... found in Crown Crates :disappointed:
  • Espica
    Espica
    ✭✭

Well, considering that the difference between purple and gold jewelries is pretty low, I consider that gold jewelries is more like an ultimate reward for midmaxer who are able to do the hardest content (aka flawless on dungeon, who is easy on most dungeons, even if I agree that some gold jewelries would be really hard to obtain). Gold is "legendary" rarity, it should be a rare reward for a hard content.
    When I'm teaching children to how to work and to win (mostly at school), I give them a nice ultimate reward for a hard work. Same for adults : a reward for a good work instead of a random reward is IMO the best motivation for progression. At least, it's clearly the solution who give the best results I've ever seen.

What's hard work in an MMORPG? A player that farms a lot that spends most of his play-time farming to get enough gold to buy golden jewelry that could be hard work for him.
    There are many play styles in an MMO, people have to be motivated to continue playing. The more people playing and buying crown stuff means more time you can continue playing this game.