The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Great Idea for Gold Jewelry to Drop for ALL Sets in Veteran Dungeons

• GDOFWR420
    GDOFWR420
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Just let us upgrade our jewlry with temps.
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Flawless run only for gold gear... Not gona complain cos most of my dungeon runs are ASAP with close to 0 if not 0 deaths... I think the idea is only to provide gold drops for the best of the best. Which is kinda weird in itself because I dont follow this reasoning. Gold drops can be bought or even acquired at abu-dhabi whats-her-name. And top players can cheese thru vet dungeons anyway. None of them are truly any difficult. That aside, there are other problems.

Imagine an above-average player. An above-average player can prolly get through things like darkshade or fungal grotto or direfrost etc with speed-no-death etc etc no problemo. Now imagine that same average player try to finish vWGT or vMazza or vCOS with no death-hm-speed etc. GG.

So one might think, it would be vastly easy for people to acquire set X that drops in easy dungeons while its hard to obtain set Y that drops in difficult dungeons. Since dungeon drops are BOP this can create problems. There will def be people saying ZOS favours X and X class cos the popular sets for them is so EZ to get cos they drop from EZ mode dungeons while Y and Y are boned cos their sets drop from vWGT or mazza or something.

So im going to have to go with, decent chance to drop on vet hm completion with no chance to drop on non-hm or non-vet completion. Requiring flawless, no-death and speed run all at the same time is kinda ridiculous for things like vet-mazza and vetCOS. And ive gotten those achieves at CP160. They took me 2 or 3 separate runs. Its kinda hard to focus on not-dying when u are trying to cheese the boss. It also take a lot of effort to do vet-hm with 0 deaths. Compare that to vet fungal grotto. I can 3-man it for all those achieves at the same time.......
    Edited by Vangy on October 11, 2016 6:13AM
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • Tinus_92
    Tinus_92
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Honestly it would be too easy getting gold jewelry by just completing hardmodes. So No on the original idea.

Perhaps give gold jewelry on flawless runs, or max once a week each dungeon, but not to every single hm run. Getting gold jewelry should be some kind of achievement at least.
    Edited by Tinus_92 on October 12, 2016 8:54AM
    Ingame ID: @Suni_92
  • Eleusian
    Eleusian
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    As a legendary chance most other mmo do this
    PS4 NA
  • Natas013
    Natas013
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I like the idea of 100% gold jewelry drop on a flawless run. That being said a 10% base drop rate on hm would be good for the game. I also feel that being able to increase that drop rate up to 50% either by achievements, undaunted level, or a combination of the two.

I know and play with a few of our older players on PS4. Just making through HM on some of these dungeons is a difficult feat for most of them on the easier ones. I will be one of those players one of these days, maybe not here but somewhere. I'll bet most of you plan on the same thing. When that time comes do you want some young punks diminishing your enjoyment with their elitism?
    RIP Ellania Delome
    June 9, 2015-June 14, 2016
    A skilled crafter, competent sorcerer, and denizen of the night
    Along came the Dark Brotherhood and summarily ended it all
  • Natas013
    Natas013
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    On a side note, I'd be ok with up to a 20% gold jewelry drop rate at dolmans, provided you have all the dolman achievements. With as much as RNJesus hates me, I'll still have to buy overworld gold. Then again, if we just had jewelry crafting ( throw wands and some kinda off hand defensive magicka item in with it ) we'd be in business.
    RIP Ellania Delome
    June 9, 2015-June 14, 2016
    A skilled crafter, competent sorcerer, and denizen of the night
    Along came the Dark Brotherhood and summarily ended it all
  • Thal
    Thal
    ✭✭✭
    I like the idea of earning Gold via flawless runs - maybe we could use all those undaunted plunders to upgrade jewelry? That could keep things interesting if they were useful for something
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Maybe add leaderboard for veteran dungeons with hm enabled not sure if that's even possible since you only activate hardmode at final boss but just a thought i had.

I think making it a guarenteed drop from a "flawless" hm clear would only make pugs ten times worse screaming elitism.
    I do think it should possible to get gold jewelry from more sources as we can now
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm