Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Source of Legendary (Gold) Jewelry for certain sets come Update 12?

Transairion
Transairion
✭✭✭✭✭
In the live version of the game right now, as far as I can know Gold Jewelry for various sets can be sourced from stuff like Hard Mode Trials, various Leaderboards (Trials, PvP, Arena/s?) and so on. With Update 12, a lot of the sets have been shuffled around and stuff like Necropotence won't drop from Trials anymore. Jewelry for such overland sets will be available from Dolem Chests, but I find it very unlikely they will ever reward gold quality just for completing a dolem. I've read some mentions that the PvP "The Golden" Monster Helm/Shoulder vendor will have Gold Jewelry now, but I don't know if that's just a rumor or not, and whether it'll be a random ring/neck or every single bit of jewels at once for a high price.

.... so has it been confirmed anywhere where Gold Jewelry will be sourced from now? Or will stuff like Necropotence just be unable to be have Gold Jewelry anymore after this update?
Edited by Transairion on September 8, 2016 2:46PM
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the live version of the game right now, as far as I can know Gold Jewelry for various sets can be sourced from stuff like Hard Mode Trials, various Leaderboards (Trials, PvP, Arena/s?) and so on. With Update 12, a lot of the sets have been shuffled around and stuff like Necropotence won't drop from Trials anymore. Jewelry for such overland sets will be available from Dolem Chests, but I find it very unlikely they were ever reward gold quality just for completing a dolem. I've read some mentions that the PvP "The Golden" Monster Helm/Shoulder vendor will have Gold Jewelry now, but I don't know if that's just a rumor or not, and whether it'll be a random ring/neck or every single bit of jewels at once for a high price.

.... so has it been confirmed anywhere where Gold Jewelry will be sourced from now? Or will stuff like Necropotence just be unable to be have Gold Jewelry anymore after this update?

Only slightly off topic, but maybe (fingers crossed) this is a setup for jewelry improvement? Or even creation?

With the release of orsinium, we got a preview for how one Tamriel would work...maybe this is a prelude and setup to make us eventually farm the mats that improve accessories?
  • nilldax
    nilldax
    ✭✭✭
    In the live version of the game right now, as far as I can know Gold Jewelry for various sets can be sourced from stuff like Hard Mode Trials, various Leaderboards (Trials, PvP, Arena/s?) and so on. With Update 12, a lot of the sets have been shuffled around and stuff like Necropotence won't drop from Trials anymore. Jewelry for such overland sets will be available from Dolem Chests, but I find it very unlikely they will ever reward gold quality just for completing a dolem. I've read some mentions that the PvP "The Golden" Monster Helm/Shoulder vendor will have Gold Jewelry now, but I don't know if that's just a rumor or not, and whether it'll be a random ring/neck or every single bit of jewels at once for a high price.

Gold Jewelry was available from that specificvendonr in PvP (last weekend was gold necklace of Necropotence + other set that i dont remember). So it propably gonna be the only one way of obtaining those.
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hard Mode Trials, Weekly leaderboards, PVP vendor.
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Woeler wrote: »
    Hard Mode Trials, Weekly leaderboards, PVP vendor.

This is accurate. Unfortunately a lot of sets that currently have golden jewelry (salvation, syrabane, werewolf, sun, etc.) will basically become inaccessible unless you get extremely lucky with the PvP vendor.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe if you got purple jewel from chest as default drop and while Treasure Hunter increase level of quality, you could get gold jewel in the end :trollface:
  • Dromede
    Dromede
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Maybe if you got purple jewel from chest as default drop and while Treasure Hunter increase level of quality, you could get gold jewel in the end :trollface:

What endgame players even have Treasure Hunyer unlocked? Spending CP in that tree is a liability for most builds :(
    Skye Cloude - Sorc DPS, Master Crafter. Main, the bestest
    Lae Lenne - Templar Healer Trial grade.
    Dromede - Stamina Nightblade, she's a newb and doesn't know what she's doing
    V'oghatta - Stamplar pretending to be a tank
    Ulville Thonvella - aspiring Fire Mage, be careful around her fire sticks!
    Dromedaris - lost and not found. Named after a shoe, what else can you expect from her? A proper tank in her wildest dreams
    Swims-Naked - too pretty to grind, too silly to quest.
    Sun Flair - Dunmer Templar that can't spell for life. To bad she's too broke to afford a name change... Well, at least she's pretty...
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dromede wrote: »

What endgame players even have Treasure Hunyer unlocked? Spending CP in that tree is a liability for most builds :(

Reassign CP after completing the content, but before opening the chest :trollface:
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »

Reassign CP after completing the content, but before opening the chest :trollface:

Correct ... 3K gold for each CP redistribution ... so only 6K to re-assign and revert CP per treasure chest found. :trollface:

A used car salesman might arguably have a better return on investment.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dromede wrote: »

why would you need endgame set up if ur farming dolmens?
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I'm reading the patch notes (see below) correctly, the only sources of purchasable golden set jewelry will be Adhazabi Aba-daro the Golden and maybe vDSA weekly rewards (Healer’s Habit, Robes of Destruction Mastery, Archer’s Mind, Footman’s Fortune). I've heard the price is 250,000 gold for the golden vendor jewels, but I'll confirm tonight. I'm not sure whether she will sell any BoP set gold jewels or how many sets she will sell jewels for each week. Seems to me that with all sets having jewelry now, if she only sells a neck -OR- ring for a given set each week, it could take a very long time to complete your set. I'm still waiting for her to list Valkyn Skoria shoulders.
    • All set drops have a chance to be green, blue, or purple quality.
      • The chance of receiving blue and purple quality items increases as you gain more levels.
    • All set drops from the overland are now bind-on-equip.
    • All set drops from dungeons and Trials are bind-on-pickup.
    • Trials
      [snip]
      • The last boss on Veteran Hard Mode will drop gold-quality jewelry.
    • Adhazabi Aba-daro the Golden, the rare goods vendor in Cyrodiil, has been updated to include the new Monster Masks and gold-quality jewelry.
    Edited by silvereyes on September 9, 2016 9:07PM
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Okay, so just confirmed that the following about the golden vendor's gold jewelry:
    • 2 sets per week
    • 1 BoP set (ebon armory in pic)
    • 1 BoE set (necropotence in pic)
    • 250k gold
    • -OR- 500k AP
    http://benevolentbowd.ca/esotu/esotu-pts-golden-vendor-to-be-more-golden/
    Curious? The Ebon necklace had healthy and the Necropotence had arcane.
    alliance-vendor-pts-2016-09-02-items.png
    Edited by silvereyes on September 9, 2016 9:21PM
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even more of a kick to crotch you can't seek your gold jewelry be we can sell ours.

And as far as update 12;

The awesome incoming itemization changes where pretty much any set in the game the game can be found and farmed in weapons and jewelry just took a giant steaming dump on crafters and crafting.

I predict this patch will shine a bright glaring light on the effin horrendous nature of RNG and the lack of jewelry crafting the existing craftable sets.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So now normal trials will drop blue quality items instead of purple and veteran hard trial will provide gold items..

Its very hard to find a group capable of running veteran trials and looking for grouo capable to run Vteran Hard wil be very Very difficult

wow just wow, will wait for nerf! Or someday may found on golden vendor .
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on September 9, 2016 11:44PM
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also, I'm unfamiliar with what kind of gold jewelry comes from PvP leaderboards. Is any of that BoE perhaps? I don't see anything in the patch notes about those, so I imagine they will stay the same.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @zos_ginabruno could you please comment if it is intended that overland gold jewelry will ONLY be available from the golden vendor? So odd that we need to rely on a rotating sell list (only available on weekends) to obtain certain sets gold jewelry. If this is indeed the intended mechanic, can you maybe elaborate as to why? Is it because you feel gold jewelry isn't really necessary.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/546mo4/welcome_to_the_one_tamriel_eso_ama/d7zbg5o

[–]vixxvexx 8 points 4 days ago
    WIth One Tamriel, will it be possible to obtain Gold Jewelry from overworld sets that were previously on the Trial Droptable? Example: Gold Akaviri Dragonguard Neck & Rings.

[–]ZOS_eWrobel 17 points 4 days ago
    That's definitely something we want to address but ran out of time after having re-itemizing the entire game. Look for fun new ways to get gold jewelry in the future.
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    and also related...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/546mo4/welcome_to_the_one_tamriel_eso_ama/d7zcs1e?context=3

[–]MDPenn 2 points 4 days ago
    Will current sets that only drop in clothing gear, for example Spell Power cure, also now drop in jewelry and weapons? Or does that only pertain to the new sets.

[–]ZOS_PhilipDraven 3 points 4 days ago
    With One Tamriel nearly all sets will drop in all slots including jewelry and Spell Power Cure is included. They are not always available at all quality tiers, and there is a small handful of sets which don't cover every slot, but the vast majority now do.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    silvereyes wrote: »
    https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/546mo4/welcome_to_the_one_tamriel_eso_ama/d7zbg5o

WIth One Tamriel, will it be possible to obtain Gold Jewelry from overworld sets that were previously on the Trial Droptable? Example: Gold Akaviri Dragonguard Neck & Rings.

That's definitely something we want to address but ran out of time after having re-itemizing the entire game. Look for fun new ways to get gold jewelry in the future.

Thanks! I wonder how long "in the future" is? Probably like a year.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »

Not so long, i think in Update 13 will be next ways coming to get gold jewelry.
    Guild

Gildenleiter von Lux Dei (EU/AD). Offizieller Gildenspotlight für ESOTU!
    Guild leader of Lux Dei (EU/AD). Official Guild Spotlight for ESOTU!

Addons & Guides

ESOUI Author Portal: Taonnor
    Addons: Taos AP Session, Taos Group Tools

Myth AoE Cap: DE Mythos AoE Cap // EN Myth AoE Cap

What should i change in ESO: DE [DGR] Was würde ich an ESO verändern - "Der große Rundumschlag" // EN [TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taonnor wrote: »

But thats probably when they increase the gear cap to 180 leaving everyone starting over again, wich is bull. That is the day I quit for good. The grind is already pretty ridiculous.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »

But thats probably when they increase the gear cap to 180 leaving everyone starting over again, wich is bull. That is the day I quit for good. The grind is already pretty ridiculous.

same here... i won't stick around for another raise in gear cap. I've never really had enough time to collect the gear i want for more than 1 character before they change everything and i have to start over again.
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    same here... i won't stick around for another raise in gear cap. I've never really had enough time to collect the gear i want for more than 1 character before they change everything and i have to start over again.
    I never understood why they do that. People's investment in their gear is part of what keeps them coming back to the game. Make it all worthless, and you'll get a mass exodus.

I probably wouldn't leave, myself, but I also haven't ground out maelstrom weps or trials gear. If I had, starting over would probably make me cry.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they will ever raise the "gear cap"
    Why would they?

It seems more likely they will remove levels from gear altogether. Just make all gear, gear and it's all at cp160 since that's what all the content and monsters are.

I mean, what they have just done is add 30 new sets AND scale up all the old sets so we have more options than ever before. Why would they then turn around and mess all that up?
    Edited by Tannus15 on September 29, 2016 2:28AM
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never understood why they do that. People's investment in their gear is part of what keeps them coming back to the game. Make it all worthless, and you'll get a mass exodus.

You answered your own question. Why would they do that? Because people's investment into gear is part of what keeps them coming back. If you have all your BiS gear there is nothing left for you in this aspect.
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dymence wrote: »

You answered your own question. Why would they do that? Because people's investment into gear is part of what keeps them coming back. If you have all your BiS gear there is nothing left for you in this aspect.
    I didn't mean the process of attaining their BiS gear retains people. I mean having it already.

Telling everyone they have to start over makes many say, "well, now's a good time to quit".

No matter though. It's a completely unrelated topic to this thread.
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dymence wrote: »

I didn't mean the process of attaining their BiS gear retains people. I mean having it already.

Telling everyone they have to start over makes many say, "well, now's a good time to quit".

No matter though. It's a completely unrelated topic to this thread.

Mmmm, having it just means that's one less thing to do in the game for me. But to each their own.
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »

The last time they raised it was a year between increases, if you can't gear up in this game in a year you are doing it all wrong.
  • craigr02
    craigr02
    ✭✭✭
    I too am like some, yeah I could go after all new gear once again, but I would probably use this as the chance to quit, cause us I love the game, but I don't want to have to grind out gear once again., and I don't necessarily have bis gear, some is, but the rest wouldn't be considered meta.
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Start your gold or AP farming I say
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    God I hope that their new method to get gold jewelry isn't heavily RNG based.

Please give is something that requires a modest amount of skill. Dungeon sets could, for example, reward a piece of gold jewelry for a no-death, under time limit, hard-mode completion.

For overland sets, I can't think of a good mechanic, so that will probably require new content