Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magic Sorcs need some MAJOR help and it can't wait until the next update

• SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if class balance remains about the same as we currently have after next patch changes, i'd be pretty happy with only a couple of qol fixes for sorcs. Like don't break my forward momentum when casting streak, and don't consume my defensive rune if attacked by someone with cc immunity, that would just awesome.
    Edited by SanTii.92 on December 31, 2016 12:02AM
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    Don't forget, that the upcoming buffs to DK are a big indirect nerf to Mag Sorcs once again.
    Dk will get even more attractive and they are our natural hard counter. So if even more of them are running around....... will be annoying.

And as usual (pretty safe to assume), Mag Sorc will remain the only class without buffs that are impactful enough to give us an edge.

You have no idea what they are actually going to do...

Remember the 'stamina patch'?

Yeah... I expect the worst. And I'm rarely disappointed.
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Don't forget, that the upcoming buffs to DK are a big indirect nerf to Mag Sorcs once again.
    Dk will get even more attractive and they are our natural hard counter. So if even more of them are running around....... will be annoying.

And as usual (pretty safe to assume), Mag Sorc will remain the only class without buffs that are impactful enough to give us an edge.

At this point, I'm not that afraid anymore. I don't see anything they could still nerf about Sorcs.
    Sorc will only suffer from Buffs other classes are getting.

It's no secret, that ZoS has no intentions to do something for Magicka Sorcerers. They have pointed this out several times in the past. With that being said, tame your hopes.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
    Options
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MagSorc is more than fine. I mainly use mine in PvP. And it is strong as. In duels I destroy. I play both pet and a more bursty nom pet sorcerer and believe me they are both amazing specs. I even have heavy and light builds. Both are amazing. And with infernal guardian basically made for sorcs I mean I really don't see the problem.

I don't think magSorc is top dog PvP, I think that is Templar at the moment. But it really is not far off, it's quite balanced RN TBH. With maybe non bombBlade specd magblade needing a little love.

But sorcs is fine, just gotta know how to play em.
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MagSorc is more than fine. I mainly use mine in PvP. And it is strong as. In duels I destroy. I play both pet and a more bursty nom pet sorcerer and believe me they are both amazing specs. I even have heavy and light builds. Both are amazing. And with infernal guardian basically made for sorcs I mean I really don't see the problem.

I don't think magSorc is top dog PvP, I think that is Templar at the moment. But it really is not far off, it's quite balanced RN TBH. With maybe non bombBlade specd magblade needing a little love.

But sorcs is fine, just gotta know how to play em.

More honesty time:

1. Nobody wants to see someone else's class buffed. You'll get a TON of agrees from just about everyone else whose favorite class isn't a mag sorc.

2. Magicka sorc is only 'fine' because it's crutching along on broken monster proc sets, of which infernal Guardian is the worst offender, and one badly overpowered ultimate.

Both of these things are getting the nerf bat this patch, then where will we be without some other fixes? Hist was so bad for sorcs I had to take a break. I'm hoping this isn't a repeat.
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No ZoS please... Not Velocious Curse... Please... It is now the most useless ability in the class. 12 second DoT with 2 ticks. The damage per cast is now absolutely nerfed tothe ground. It doesn't even deal half of its previous damage per cast.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone says Sorcs are in a decent spot, then they need them again... Seriously change the or morph of curse that NO ONE uses. Instead of the one we ACTUALLY like...
    Options
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did I read that right - ultimate capped at 500, down from 1000!
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

At this point, I'm not that afraid anymore. I don't see anything they could still nerf about Sorcs.

It's no secret, that ZoS has no intentions to do something for Magicka Sorcerers. They have pointed this out several times in the past. With that being said, tame your hopes.

@Dracane
    You were right! x'D And yet they still found a way to nerf us more! xDDD
    Edited by Lord-Otto on January 3, 2017 10:50PM
    Options
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How bout a curse nerf instead. LOLOLOL

Options
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• Nerf the f. out of curse - check
    • Nerf elemental drain - check
    • Make frost staves useless for every PVP non-tank build - check (and who the hell would tank with a staff instead of a 1h-shield anyways)

Inb4 they make shields last 2 seconds and increase the base cost of streak to 5k and the class will be "balanced".
    I genuinely want to cry. I've spent ages on my mag sorc, and stuck to it after DB, but goddamit, we've got nothing left now.
    giphy_8.gif
    Options
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jsmalls wrote: »
    Everyone says Sorcs are in a decent spot, then they need them again... Seriously change the or morph of curse that NO ONE uses. Instead of the one we ACTUALLY like...

Actually that skill was fine as is/was. One morph was for pets, the other one for DD play. NO ONE needed anything changed.

As I said before, waiting 6/12 sec for a rune to pop is NO FUN. I play games to have fun, this ability I will not use anymore, unless there's something I/we still don't know.
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What we get:
    Magicka blocking with ice staff (not a tank)
    More single target damage on fire staff (nice)
    More AOE damage on a lightning staff (nice)
    Non reflect-able force pulse (finally)
    Damage increase to storm atronach (but easily CC able)
    Pet buffs... I'm not a pet sorc and refuse to become one.

What do we lose:
    Curse. As a usable PVP skill. And PVE DPS.
    Dual wield sorc specs killed off.
    5% off elemental storm damage. No big deal, since lightning staves will deal 10% more it's actually buffed.

So unless you plan on using pets, have fun spamming force pulse to proc frags. It *** sucks.
    Edited by Minalan on January 3, 2017 11:09PM
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What we get:
    Magicka blocking with ice staff (not a tank)
    More single target damage on fire staff (nice)
    More AOE damage on a lightning staff (nice)
    Non reflect-able force pulse (finally)
    Damage increase to storm atronach (but easily CC able)
    Pet buffs... I'm not a pet sorc and refuse to become one.

What do we lose:
    Curse. As a usable PVP skill. And PVE DPS.
    Dual wield sorc specs killed off.
    5% off elemental storm damage. No big deal, since lightning staves will deal 10% more it's actually buffed.

So unless you plan on using pets, have fun spamming force pulse to proc frags. It *** sucks.

It seems ZOS want to get rid of magicka ranged burst in favor of dps. Bow becomes more and more the ranged burst tool, it seems.
    Yay. More stamina burst. (-_-)
    Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    nothing else to say....

TdmTcdoN3egaQ.gif
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh look Zos I logged into PTS and my Sorc has a new costume by default.
    uRZmDRb.jpg
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol so much for the 'magicka balance patch'. We just got 'balanced' by Wrobel, who clearly *** hates our class.

Now to somehow keep this constructive:
    Now if they want to do this to curse, at least let the 'haunting' explosion hit after another three seconds. Not six. And allow another curse to be reapplied while the 'haunt' is still ticking, but after the original explosion.

Then it would be usable. Stupid. But usable. You could keep up curse detonations every 3-4 seconds.

PS: What did I say! WHAT? You do not want ZOS devs touching your class code base. It's like a four year old playing with matches.
    Options
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Help has arrived!!!

quote-inscribe-all-human-effort-with-one-word-artistry-s-haunting-curse-the-incomplete-robert-browning-55-24-41.jpg
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone explain to me, how Curse is useless now ? It's stronger than ever before.
    you can now have 2 curse explosions at once, resulting in insane burst. Unless this is not the case, then I feel sorry.

Sorcerer profits so much the D staff buffs. This will be an awesome patch.
    Edited by Dracane on January 4, 2017 12:25AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

Options
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone explain to me, how Curse is useless now ? It's stronger than ever before.
    you can now have 2 curse explosions at once, resulting in insane burst. Unless this is not the case, then I feel sorry.

I don't understand. Curse procs in 6 seconds for the 1st time and in 6 additional seconds for the 2d time. Where are 2 curses in the same time? oO
    Edited by Ashamray on January 4, 2017 12:29AM
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »

I don't understand. Curse procs in 6 seconds for the 1st time and in 6 additional seconds for the 2d time. Where are 2 curses in the same time? oO

You activate curse, it explodes after 6 seconds.
    Then it triggers again to explode another time after 6 seconds. But after the first explosion, you should be able to activate a new curse.

So you can have 2 explosions after 6 seconds. If this is the case, then I will no longer laugh about other mag sorcs in duels. They might actually be able to harm me.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

Options
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then it triggers again to explode another time after 6 seconds. But after the first explosion, you should be able to activate a new curse.

So you can have 2 explosions after 6 seconds. If this is the case, then I will no longer laugh about other mag sorcs in duels. They might actually be able to harm me.

Yeh except knowing Zos reapplying curse will overwrite the echo, so it essentially becomes a 12 second dot with 2 explosions.
    Options
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL they buffed EOtS EVEN MORE.

8% AoE dmg buff lighting staff - 5% EOtS= 3% buff, same with fire staff.

Buffed Curse,

Buffed Pets,

Buffed Atro dmg,

Force pulse non reflectable,

What more do you guys want?

[Edit]
    Edited by Anti_Virus on January 4, 2017 12:40AM
    Power Wealth And Influence.
    Options
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think new curse will remove echo. Need to test though!
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That would be a no brainer. I'm sure it will be as I said.
    (I hope not though, it will be too good to ignore, I will have to drop daedric prey.)
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

Options
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anti_Virus wrote: »
    LOL they buffed EOtS EVEN MORE.

8% AoE dmg buff lighting staff - 5% EOtS= 3% buff, same with fire staff.

Buffed Curse,

Buffed Pets,

Buffed Atro dmg,

Force pulse non reflectable,

What more do you guys want?

[Edit]

Staff ults still broken

Direct nerf to sorc burst in pvp (now this has been tested it is 100% a terrible nerf)

Who cares about pets like 1% of sorc players actually use them

Atro dmg...might be ok but the only reason to use this over staff ult or negate or meteor is line of sight

Force pulse changes lol poor mdks makes for even more dumbed down combat

so yeh call me crazy wanting something better than what theyve given.
    Edited by Thornen on January 5, 2017 7:58AM
    Options
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That would be a no brainer. I'm sure it will be as I said.
    (I hope not though, it will be too good to ignore, I will have to drop daedric prey.)

It's been tested, it's garbage. No double stacking, lower DPS in PvE, weakened burst in PvP, do not pass go, do not collect 10 magicka.

Protest with all strength.
    Options
  • Witar
    Witar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs are the strongest of magicka classes on 1 vs 1 and second strongest of magicka classes in AvA (only because nbs have great synergy with destro ult). And you asking for buff? Seriously?
    It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
    Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt,
    It lies behind stars and under hills,
    And empty holes it fills,
    It comes first and follows after,
    Ends life, kills laughter.
    Options
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Witar wrote: »
    Sorcs are the strongest of magicka classes on 1 vs 1 and second strongest of magicka classes in AvA (only because nbs have great synergy with destro ult). And you asking for buff? Seriously?

No we are asking for our main burst dps ability that no one ever complained about to go unnerfed.
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Witar wrote: »

Last time i checked DKs > anything in duels.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options