The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lol.. Wut?

Stovahkiin
Stovahkiin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So, I was in Cyrodiil today in the EP, with a small group of 3 or 4 players. All of the sudden, a single DC just runs up to us and gets slaughtered. So, naturally, I used the /laugh emote a couple times.

He then proceeds to level his butthurt skill all the way up to 100 by messaging me, basically calling me an idiot, wimp, etc, and that I should "man up" and 1v1 him, lel.

I'll tell you what, some of you folks need to stop taking yourselves so bloody seriously, it's a damn game, I don't play PvP and expect to never die, and I sure as hell don't need to "man up" and 1v1 someone who throws a fit when they die.

So there ya go, I got a good laugh from that earlier today, too bad I don't have any pics of it on my phone to upload.
Edited by Stovahkiin on September 3, 2016 12:54AM
Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda sounds like you baited him a bit though. Not sure what you were expecting.
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pgoj4ID.jpg
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »
    Kinda sounds like you baited him a bit though. Not sure what you were expecting.

If someone can't take a laugh emote then I hate to see them in a bad situation IRL. A better question is what did HE expect when running into a group of 4?
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had two 3v1's with some people the other day. Each time I killed 1 before the BoL spam (amoungst other things) overwhelmed me.

Then I get a msg say they want to 1v1 me.... like what?
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol you sound lame
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol, okay apparently everyone is going to just blow up and cry "man up" when I do a /laugh emote after killing someone, noted
    Edited by Stovahkiin on September 3, 2016 1:37AM
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    I had two 3v1's with some people the other day. Each time I killed 1 before the BoL spam (amoungst other things) overwhelmed me.

Then I get a msg say they want to 1v1 me.... like what?

That happens to me too. People think that them getting 1vxed isn't a fair fight and that they could have beaten me if it was a 1v1. Like, really?
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is amusing when someone attempts a gank/1vx/vd bomb/etc and fails. I don't blame anyone for laughing. It never upsets me when my corpse is abused in different ways. Besides, gamesmanship is a valid component of competition.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe he meant to say "virtual man up" . As MuchoMachismo Man machine approaches , just say ..

66763486.jpg

BRUH
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on September 3, 2016 3:19AM
  • LegendaryChef
    LegendaryChef
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to say firstly that it is silly to whisper someone because of laughing on your corpse but I have to admit I've been guilty of it before to ask just out of curiousity why they done it in the first place and just to get peace of mind what they feel it does for them.

I'd say I'm quite a competitive person but in my experience if I was doing emotes on someone's corpse I wouldn't be complaining if I got a hate whisper afterwards for sure because well, you kinda asked for it.
    Zzoro/Elliot Brown/Baldy ~Kitesquad/Noricum~
    PC EU.
    Spider mount was the only good part about morrowind release.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wait till dueling goes live. Then it will be "meet me behind the bank in Rift" or wherever. It won't just be a PvP thing either. Open a chest, harvest a node and in come a flood of duel request because someone thinks they own the entire zone and everything in it.
    Edited by Ackwalan on September 3, 2016 8:19AM
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a while back a group of player would always do push ups on my character to 'taunt' my solo low level (with 200CP at the time) after they, a group of 10+ V16 gold geared stealth ganked me!

i would lay there & let them have their fun & go make myself a cup of coffee!

they would then become infuriated because i want getting upset by the push ups & demand 1v1's

i did some & owned them.... and when i got emp at V10 i could take the whole group out (except the damn nightblades who would run off! LOL
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to say firstly that it is silly to whisper someone because of laughing on your corpse but I have to admit I've been guilty of it before to ask just out of curiousity why they done it in the first place and just to get peace of mind what they feel it does for them.

I'd say I'm quite a competitive person but in my experience if I was doing emotes on someone's corpse I wouldn't be complaining if I got a hate whisper afterwards for sure because well, you kinda asked for it.

I agree with your sig btw @LegendaryChef
  • Humphie
    Humphie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least he didn't call you a cheating [SNIP] That is usually what I get whispered when I kill certain people. :(

Edited for Inappropriate Content
    Edited by ZOS_PeterT on September 3, 2016 3:56PM
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have pvp'ed in many games for many years, i do not teabag or make emotes over dead enemies and i stll get hate tells and whines never seen this many sore losers in one place in all my years of gaming.
    Edited by kevlarto_ESO on September 3, 2016 9:58AM
  • Volrion
    Volrion
    ✭✭✭✭
    On the contrary, I think one of my favorite things in this game is when level 10s tea bag corpses post fight when they had no impact on the fight at all.

Even when it's me on the receiving end, I always laugh.
  • LegendaryChef
    LegendaryChef
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KisoValley wrote: »

I agree with your sig btw @LegendaryChef

Yeah it's a start to fixing cyrodill at least :smile:
    Zzoro/Elliot Brown/Baldy ~Kitesquad/Noricum~
    PC EU.
    Spider mount was the only good part about morrowind release.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stovahkiin wrote: »
    So, I was in Cyrodiil today in the EP, with a small group of 3 or 4 players. All of the sudden, a single DC just runs up to us and gets slaughtered. So, naturally, I used the /laugh emote a couple times.

He then proceeds to level his butthurt skill all the way up to 100 by messaging me, basically calling me an idiot, wimp, etc, and that I should "man up" and 1v1 him, lel.

I'll tell you what, some of you folks need to stop taking yourselves so bloody seriously, it's a damn game, I don't play PvP and expect to never die, and I sure as hell don't need to "man up" and 1v1 someone who throws a fit when they die.

So there ya go, I got a good laugh from that earlier today, too bad I don't have any pics of it on my phone to upload.

"All of the sudden, a single DC just runs up to us and gets slaughtered." Yesterday I did exactly the same thing. In imperial Sewers. Group of 15 EP against my 1 level 20 AD have no chance. Only have 2 stones. So why not? I rushed at EP with no weapons out. I got slaughtered. But all going to my plan. I spwan back to Scourge. Thank you EP :smiley:

Edited for lost faction.
    Edited by Serjustin19 on September 3, 2016 2:45PM
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have pvp'ed in many games for many years, i do not teabag or make emotes over dead enemies and i stll get hate tells and whines never seen this many sore losers in one place in all my years of gaming.

By the same token, I've never seen so many sore winners. There is a guy in your faction running around health desyncing people with ambush somehow and killing people in one shot with ambush. When you message him to even ask wtf he is doing he has a copy and paste he sends out telling people he doesn't care if you die in real life or in game. I've never seen so many egotistical trash cans in one game.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If someone can't take a laugh emote then I hate to see them in a bad situation IRL. A better question is what did HE expect when running into a group of 4?

Probably to die, perhaps hoping to burst one down with him, mostly likely not a series of emotes after failing to do so.

Note: none of this excuse his (worse) behavior. Probably best not to emote unless it comes from being in a highly disadvantageous situation, rather than Xv1, but that's just MHO.
    Edited by Joy_Division on September 3, 2016 5:14PM
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Just wait till dueling goes live. Then it will be "meet me behind the bank in Rift" or wherever. It won't just be a PvP thing either. Open a chest, harvest a node and in come a flood of duel request because someone thinks they own the entire zone and everything in it.

Now THAT'S when the laugh emote will come in handy. Will be the new type of vid to post. Some guy sending a stream of duel requests and hate tells because you "stole" their treasure chest.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    Pgoj4ID.jpg

That made me laugh so hard looooolzz :trollface:
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Ara_Valleria
    Ara_Valleria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

Now THAT'S when the laugh emote will come in handy. Will be the new type of vid to post. Some guy sending a stream of duel requests and hate tells because you "stole" their treasure chest.

I would pay to see those videos
    °‡° ÁDAMANT °‡°
    The Addon Abusers, Exploiters & Macro'ers Refuge
    •••• | Ara Valleria - AD NightBlade | Templàra Valleria - AD Templar | Åra Valleria - AD DragonKnight | Ára V - AD DragonKnight | Ara Laifu - DC NightBlade | Ara Waifu - EP Sorcerer | ••••

••••••| YOUTUBE |••••••
    Want to take a break from all the Lagging|Crashing|Cancer ?
    Play Albion Online
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the sudden, a single DC just runs up to us and gets slaughtered. So, naturally, I used the /laugh emote a couple of times

sounds pretty guffaw worthy to me...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LOL brilliant OP.

Whiners are gonna whine

Make them drink their tears more.

Nature of the beast, if they cant handle it, they shouldnt be in PvP.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Morbash
    Morbash
    ✭✭✭✭

QFT.

Seems as though the OP was being condescending and was called out for it. I don't see the point in bringing this to the forums tbh.

I receive challenges all the time. I don't feel the need to rush to the forums and ridicule my challengers. Since it's just a game, I simply honor their challenge. Win or lose, the duel usually ends with a /bow and we both move forward with a sense of respect for each other.

I guess chivalry is simply lost on some folks.
    Edited by Morbash on September 4, 2016 7:53AM
    "War doesn't build character; it reveals it."
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When somebody sends me rage tells like a lunatic after a death in a video game, I generally go out of my way to find and kill them again and do whatever /emote is likely to induce the most rage.

In some games, certain dance or mocking emotes or especially good.

In ESO I do "pushups" on their corpse. B)
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Morbash wrote: »

QFT.

Seems as though the OP was being condescending and was called out for it. I don't see the point in bringing this to the forums tbh.

I receive challenges all the time. I don't feel the need to rush to the forums and ridicule my challengers. Since it's just a game, I simply honor their challenge. Win or lose, the duel usually ends with a /bow and we both move forward with a sense of respect for each other.

Alright, I guess the emotes in the game are now off limits, otherwise you are condescending? And evidently the modern term for chivalry is basically just bowing down to someone's pathetic cries to "come fite me bruh", if so then I want none of it. I don't see why so many people are butthurt over this, but hey it is what it is, if some people want to defend people who freak out over dying once in an online game then good for them. Either way, there is no use in posting anything further.
    Edited by Stovahkiin on September 4, 2016 8:11AM
  • Morbash
    Morbash
    ✭✭✭✭

QFT.

Alright, I guess the emotes in the game are now off limits, otherwise you are condescending? And evidently the modern term for chivalry is basically just bowing down to someone's pathetic cries to "come fite me bruh", if so then I want none of it. Either way, there is no use in posting anything further.

If you use emotes in such a way, then sure, it can be condescending. And if you equate the acceptance of duels with that of bowing down, then it's obvious you have no idea what chivalry means.

Sounds like that lone DC isn't the only one that's "butthurt." Did you come here expecting everyone to pat you on the back for your courageous acts? All hail the mighty Stovahkiin, the greatest keyboardsman who ever lived! :lol:
    Edited by Morbash on September 4, 2016 9:01AM
    "War doesn't build character; it reveals it."
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

QFT.

Alright, I guess the emotes in the game are now off limits, otherwise you are condescending? And evidently the modern term for chivalry is basically just bowing down to someone's pathetic cries to "come fite me bruh", if so then I want none of it. Either way, there is no use in posting anything further.

If you use emotes in such a way, then sure, it can be condescending. And if you equate the acceptance of duels with that of bowing down, then it's obvious you have no idea what chivalry means.

Sounds like that lone DC isn't the only one that's "butthurt." Did you come here expecting everyone to pat you on the back for your courageous acts? All hail the mighty Stovahkiin, the greatest keyboardsman whoever lived! :lol:

Why thank you, that last line is of course exactly what I had hoped for. My life is now complete, thank you good sir.
This discussion has been closed.