The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

• Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    It's a L2P issue, because I've been told several times that macros and CE can not or no longer be used in eso because of the outstanding anticheat detection they have in place.

Hahahahaha
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    :)
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't seen anyone that seemed vaguely CE-like in the last few days. I did get accused earlier because I cloaked out literally at the right instant when my UI read "dead" and I got a rapid regen tick to save me. Sneaky magNB is sneaky.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
    Options
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    It's a L2P issue, because I've been told several times that macros and CE can not or no longer be used in eso because of the outstanding anticheat detection they have in place.

I just want to clarify that macros and CE are two entirely different things. I don't know if you meant it this way, but a lot of people seem to believe that macros alone can allow players to use multiple abilities within a second. The only thing macros can do is simulate key presses, but it still cannot bypass global cooldowns, meaning all it can do is replicate what tons of non-cheating players already do with animation canceling. I don't know a ton about CE, but to my understanding it allows people to actually change values within the game, which theoretically could allow players to bypass global cooldowns (allowing players to use multiple abilities in a very short period of time). Both are unethical and against the rules, but macros often take the blame for exploits something like CE is responsible for, and while any player who cares about the integrity of the game should be in opposition of both, it is important to point the blame in the right direction if people are utilizing some sort of exploit.
    Options
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, I've seen you cloak and stay in cloak when you're in my twisted path, and mid-air when stunned. It does look suspicious. I can't figure out how your cloak doesn't break.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

Options
  • kit_sune
    kit_sune
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the best whispers I've gotten are the ones where I'm accused of cheating "ur using a stealth detection cheat" "I'm trying to figure out how you're tanky and doing damage similar to medium armor builds. You've got to be using CE" "cheating bundle of sticks" it's always easier to think someone is cheating than to ask yourself "what did I do wrong there" my stamwarden has been really fun to play but I get annoyed by the whispers so now I'm running offline a lot
    Everyone's Favorite Fox
    Options
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a sidenote, there are a lot of new players in Kyne at the moment. Been leading pugs for the last couple days and man is it brutal. When you gotta delay something because 2 people in your group died to slaughterfish on the way Nikel, and you need to go to main base to get money in the bank for a teammate so they can buy a horse...
    Edited by gabriebe on December 12, 2017 2:57AM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor

Options
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I must be getting good on my mag nb, poor daddy submits to me now.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

Options
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My point was to be sarcastic towards zos and their supposed cheat detection. If people cheat, that's on them. Don't see the need to cheat to win in a video game or in anything for that matter.

Although I did use game genie on my Nintendo all those years ago. So maybe I'm being hypocritical. Dam you contra!
    Options
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On the exploit cheat note. I do see a lot of people use vigor, hurricane, healing ward while on a mount.
    Options
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AD doesn't need to cheat, they all have a stam warden. DC doesn't need to cheat either, we are just good or we get good. However, those EP players, never trust them.

@Lumsdenml just a warning I might be trying shield breaker, so run if you see me.

Edited by vamp_emily on December 12, 2017 3:28AM

Options
  • kit_sune
    kit_sune
    ✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    I must be getting good on my mag nb, poor daddy submits to me now.

How's life without that cc from the siphoning skill tree now? I've missed being at Nikel by myself and getting CC'd by you while you were in stealth XD
    Edited by kit_sune on December 12, 2017 4:05AM
    Everyone's Favorite Fox
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @gabriebe depending on the time of the DOT tick you can cloak out. It's just a matter of being on the edge and being lucky with timing.
    Options
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bad news for EP/AD, I created 3 new characters today

Infamous Emily
    Emily Dahmer
    Emily Bundy

My advice for AD/EP is get good or die in kyne. My mag nbs are really dangerous and should be feared by all. :)

Options
  • Gederic
    Gederic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those dirty EPeen players! They are just the worst
    Ours is the Fury
    Options
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nah, the eepeen group switched back to dc last night. They had a cute little group going.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
    Options
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lumsdenml just a warning I might be trying shield breaker, so run if you see me.

I haven't yet... ;)
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
    Options
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad news for EP/AD, I created 3 new characters today

Infamous Emily
    Emily Dahmer
    Emily Bundy

My advice for AD/EP is get good or die in kyne. My mag nbs are really dangerous and should be feared by all. :)

Filthy Blues....
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    Options
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shhhhhhh....crickets.....
    Obituary:
    Options
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya know I came across a couple players that I find either funny or sad. One with soul assault, and the other with a morphed destro ult. While one leveled the main quest line in order to have soul assault in Kyne! IN KYNE! and the other leveled destro staff to have a morphed destrol ult in KYNE!

Sadder I got zerged down the other day, and the destro ult teabagged me as if he did something. xD
    Options
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leveling soul assault makes sense, as annoying as it is. You get a bunch of skill points and you end up the quest around level 13 or so. One grind you don't have to do when you get to vet. Same thing for Meteor really, you end up around level 13 too when you're done picking all the books. It's just 5 hours of treasure hunting i dont bother with anymore.
    Edited by gabriebe on December 14, 2017 2:54AM

The traitor

Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dawnbreaker and Meteor both show pretty high levels of commitment-to-cheese to get in Kyne, imo.

Weapon ults and soul strike significantly less-so (I'm pretty sure an honest, new player has a decent chance of playing through the main quest organically before level 50).
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @WhitePawPrints , it's actually pretty mellow to get destro ult in Kyne. There are 10 skill books for destro staff (2 per zone in your alliance) and it's basically the fastest grind. It is a pain in the butt to morph because you basically run a PvE morph for a long while. I don't think destro ult is very much worth it in Kyne unless you want to do something degenerate as emp.
    Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dawnbreaker and Meteor both show pretty high levels of commitment-to-cheese to get in Kyne, imo.

Weapon ults and soul strike significantly less-so (I'm pretty sure an honest, new player has a decent chance of playing through the main quest organically before level 50).

On the other hand, a new player wouldn't really think about doing the main quest, obtaining soul strike then taking it to Kyne. Ults like that are usually reserved for diehards who want to be better than everybody else but despite all their efforts, still need an advantage of some sort. They are all cheesy "playstyles" to have in Kyne.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »

On the other hand, a new player wouldn't really think about doing the main quest, obtaining soul strike then taking it to Kyne. Ults like that are usually reserved for diehards who want to be better than everybody else but despite all their efforts, still need an advantage of some sort. They are all cheesy "playstyles" to have in Kyne.

The others, yes--soul strike, imo, can be obtained accidentally by players just following what the game tells them to do.

DB and meteor you aren't getting unless you understand how to level those guilds and do so. I guess maybe if you had joined fighters guild and leveled to 30 or so via the dolmen groups you could have it "accidentally," but I don't see that happening.

Weapon ults you aren't getting on accident unless you are roleplaying that weapon or something and are compulsive about bookshelves.

Soul strike, while a cheesy ult, is super easy to get just from following the obvious main quest prompts. With how the quest is presented I'd bet a lot of level 10-30, honest, new-player-on-first-character have unlocked soul strike. I still remember when I leveled my very first character at release being impatient for main quests and doing them the instant they became available. I'm sure there are new players running the main quest basically right out of the Wailing Prison.

....on the other hand, you can certainly tell the difference between that player's tickle-beam and the "F-Medium" beam...
    Edited by DeadlyRecluse on December 16, 2017 10:57PM
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I loath grinding dawn breaker some stam classes feel incomplete without.
    Options
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    *peaks into the kids room*
    As much as I loath grinding dawn breaker some stam classes feel incomplete without.

But why would you grind dawnbreaker for Kyne, it’s the new players campaign save it for 50

;)
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dawnbreaker isn't a good ult until you get the CC attached. It plays worse than a lot of other ults on stamina classes until it morphs around 38-40. You don't actually get to play with it for very long.
    Options
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've morphed dawn breaker as low as level 32 which is usually the sweet spot for hitting a new toons power curve.
    Options
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »

But why would you grind dawnbreaker for Kyne, it’s the new players campaign save it for 50

;)
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »

;)

A little bird told me some players in your guild are prepping new characters for kyne you wanna confirm deny this rumor?
    Options
This discussion has been closed.