Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

• MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Doubtful. This is the under 50 and how it's been for some time now. You get the occasional 2 bars of pop, but it seems to be mostly the weekends after 8pm est.
    Mostly it's one faction rolling the map these days.
    Options
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it’s not looking so hot when AD has pushed all the way north into dragonclaw.
    Options
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing says engaging PvP and large fights quite like finding yourself alone on a yellow map every single morning.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

Options
  • ShenaniganSquad
    ShenaniganSquad
    ✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    Nothing says engaging PvP and large fights quite like finding yourself alone on a yellow map every single morning.

that seems like a DC problem.. not an AD one
    Options
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a campaign problem.

Your morning victories ring hollow when your group logs on when there isn't a single soul on the map to capture empty keeps and sit on it for points. Would be one thing if this was leftover from previous fighting but your entire guild starts their day when nobody else is on and just blocks any kind of development until we are deep into primetime. Actual primetime.

I can't be arsed to flip this map every morning, scrounge every corner of the map for the lone DC or two I can find to enlist into getting sieged by double the amount of people sitting on top of the wall of our home keeps. I also can't be arsed anymore to go sit on your own keeps when we manage to beat you guys back as a prevention measure until the late hours of the morning. I'd just like to log on and find some enjoyable PvP, and your group is 100% against any of that. It doesn't surprise me, because your timestop spam/siege squatting has clearly shown anyone in this campaign how stunted and static your playstyle is.

Edited by gabriebe on June 6, 2019 12:53PM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor

Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @gabriebe some people have really high ping and have no other choice but to camp an empty campaign. Their ping is so bad that they can't even do pve content when there isn't anybody to fight in Cyrodiil. Their ping is so bad that....
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ping is a really damn convenient excuse. Even Vivec (sorry, Kaalgrontiid) has like 2 bars of pop max at these times.

The traitor

Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never really understood the ping thing. People can play in 3 bars of pop in BwB but can't play in 2 bars of pop in a "vet" campaign overnight. Its beyond me.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Up until ad got emp it was DC gate camping @gabriebe. Barely would see any ad in the evening but plenty of DC.
    Options
  • Bored_Owl
    Bored_Owl
    ✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    Up until ad got emp it was DC gate camping @gabriebe. Barely would see any ad in the evening but plenty of DC.

As a DC player, I have to say you're not wrong there. It got really boring after a while. Not that this is any better for us. It may not be boring anymore, but zone got toxic. The past couple nights I had to leave because people in zone were getting really upset and playing the blame game and insulting each other when stuff went wrong. It was unpleasant to deal with even though it wasn't directed at me.

Disclaimer: I'm not naming names or trying to call anyone out over it, just stating my experience. I don't really care about the score as long as everyone's having fun and I don't think anyone was having fun, at least not on our side.
    Options
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Bor It's called a lack of awareness. I saw a few ep new comers to pvp log out after getting run over repeatedly. People dont think of the bigger picture due to selfishness.

You might actually have some pvp if you dont throw 10 or more ppl at a group or 3 or 4 trying to take Farr or KC back. But who wants pvp when your friends or guild can take turns emping.

Options
  • Bored_Owl
    Bored_Owl
    ✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    You might actually have some pvp if you dont throw 10 or more ppl at a group or 3 or 4 trying to take Farr or KC back. But who wants pvp when your friends or guild can take turns emping.

I agree with you about the camping and I just want to say, for the record, that several people (including me) were telling people to get off enemy trikeeps, but we gave up after it became clear they weren't going to listen. There's people who don't show-- I guess the right word is sportsmanship-- in every faction. Unfortunately for everyone involved they seemed to be concentrated in DC for the last few campaigns and I totally understand why EP and AD are going after us over it.

I don't *like* it, but I understand.
    Options
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s always been concentration of players and group size that makes BGs the better outlet for PvP. Zone chat says carm is UA. I death port walk out the front door to find a full raid of enemies on the porch. I die because performance turns to crap and I can’t re-enter the door I just came out of. The outpost is flagged so I can’t ress so I try to ride back but it flips before I’m halfway. What’s the point?

Best fight of the night was a 1v4 on the porch at bleaks. A player who only runs around in the biggest group they can find/form would never understand that.
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on June 7, 2019 4:37AM
    Options
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Bor I dont agree with gate camping, any faction, in general. All it does is make the other factions take their ball and go home.

When I started pvp that was what I learned from older players. Dont stifle pvp, dont gate camp, and let them have tri keeps. All these things made pvp really fun and it made for a great pvp community.

I dont hold a grudge against any faction. Without the other factions there wouldn't be any pvp.
    Options
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last time I played this campaign was last fall. In the past I have had a decent amount of fun in there. This week it has been a hot mess and a turnoff to me. Oh well only two necros to push through on the way to 50.
    Options
  • Gederic
    Gederic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    community_image_1404234705.png

Nor does this thread. Lol
    Ours is the Fury
    Options
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gederic wrote: »
    community_image_1404234705.png

Nor does this thread. Lol

Yeeeeeeeep lol
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
    Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why so quiet? Doesn't anybody want the million gold prize?
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
  • ThatZimGuy
    ThatZimGuy
    Soul Shriven
    Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forum and I hope you'll forgive me for not reading through the last 494 pages to prevent accidentally raising topics that have already been flogged beyond death, but I'd like to get everyone's take on a few things. I find when all your communication is done in faction/in guild you're prone to get a bubble of agreeable comments, so i'm curious to see what you all think.

- How significant is a consensus in this forum/forums in general in terms of influencing the devs, in your experience?
    - Given that having no faction lock on the "introductory" AvA campaign makes too much sense (although I'd argue that under-50 doesn't necessarily have to fulfil that role), how interested would you be in the idea of a second, faction-locked under-50? I would expect that to naturally be populated primarily by the regular re-rollers who tend to display a higher level of sportsmanship and may mitigate the period of toxic play that comes up usually due to outsiders and flippers (in my opinion)
    GM: The Pride of Daggerfall
    Options
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There simply isn't enough population in under 50 to warrant an additional server.
    Options
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There isn't even enough pop for one, let alone two servers.

The traitor

Options
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The devs have their own ideas and direction for the game but they do generally seem to take constructive feedback from the community.
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on June 11, 2019 3:11PM
    Options
  • Pinesy
    Pinesy
    ✭✭✭
    I'm someone new to PvP, decided to roll a DC healer because I liked watching the various DC streamers... But this campaign is extremely disheartening. It's kind of put me off from Cyro entirely ~ I was really wanting to level to 50 on this new gal entirely through <50 Cyro :| I guess i'm just not prepared for this sort of getting stomped, camped, ran down by groups despite being solo, gameplay. Maybe because I don't have a dedicated PvP guild to run with... How are actual new to the game folks even supposed to try to get into PvP in this game? (i'm 810 cp, didn't feel comfortable learning PvP on one of my 50s and folks seeing an 810cp newb...)

Constructive tips would be appreciated ~ ^_^
    Edited by Pinesy on June 11, 2019 6:27PM
    Beezenees IGN (PC/NA)
    Options
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pinesy wrote: »
    I'm someone new to PvP, decided to roll a DC healer because I liked watching the various DC streamers... But this campaign is extremely disheartening. It's kind of put me off from Cyro entirely ~ I was really wanting to level to 50 on this new gal entirely through <50 Cyro :| I guess i'm just not prepared for this sort of getting stomped, camped, ran down by groups despite being solo, gameplay. Maybe because I don't have a dedicated PvP guild to run with... How are actual new to the game folks even supposed to try to get into PvP in this game? (i'm 810 cp, didn't feel comfortable learning PvP on one of my 50s and folks seeing an 810cp newb...)

Not trying to pull you out of a campaign that needs players, but with 810cp your healer would do great in Kaal at low levels.

One of the issues with Mula/Kyne is players cried about "rerollers" and told them to leave or called them sissy for not playing in vet campaigns. This campaign did not need players to leave, it needed players to stay.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

Options
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Pinesy the only camp with any sort of balanced population is the cp 30 day camp. With your 810 CPS and being a healer, you will do fine there.
    Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    Pinesy wrote: »

Not trying to pull you out of a campaign that needs players, but with 810cp your healer would do great in Kaal at low levels.

One of the issues with Mula/Kyne is players cried about "rerollers" and told them to leave or called them sissy for not playing in vet campaigns. This campaign did not need players to leave, it needed players to stay.

Well.... let me tell you all a little story. For a couple years I had a friend who would come over just to hang out and watch me PvP. I finally talked him in to buying the game. He pretty much already knew who all the main players in the campaign were, and how the game worked. After a couple weeks of training he joined the campaign.
    One day I was watching him play and he was wrecking (repeatedly) many of these long term players. They would come back with two people, and more yet when 2 wasn't enough. I was shocked when I watched a group of 6 people from my own guild repeatedly group up on him, kill him and t-bag him. Then the trash talk started and persisted to the point of harassment. @Itsnotarealwar finally left the game after only a few months when the trash talk came to the forums. Was he "crying" as Emily says? No. He was calling them out for their crap behavior. He got really good really fast. But the toxic environment in non vet perpetrated by people we all know and play with, was too much for a new person. The very much needed population you speak of is the very reason many new people dont stay.
    There was 1 DC player that @Itsnotarealwar spoke very highly of. @gabriebe. He fought gave 1v1 a couple times and always talked about how nice Gabe was and if only everybody could be that kind, the game would be so much better.
    People in this campaign knew when they were fighting a new person. A person with a new name. I fully support him in the forum posts he made. He was speaking truth. All those "Sissy" re-rollers (myself included) lost out on a very cool member of the community. Well played guys.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
  • Pinesy
    Pinesy
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks folks for the suggestions. I ended up checking out the no-cp campaign, and had a lot of fun there. Gonna try out the CP campaigns as well (since like y'all said, i'm 810, won't be at a CP advantage, at least ~). Kinda sad that the <50 campaign is so unforgiving.
    Beezenees IGN (PC/NA)
    Options
  • Bored_Owl
    Bored_Owl
    ✭✭
    @Stridig I'm so sorry your friend had to go through that. That sort of behavior is completely unacceptable and it's particularly horrible to see coming from your own guildmates.
    Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bored_Owl wrote: »
    @Stridig I'm so sorry your friend had to go through that. That sort of behavior is completely unacceptable and it's particularly horrible to see coming from your own guildmates.

Thank you. Unfortunately, my friend isn't the only one. Several new to PvP players either switched campaigns or never PvP'd again because of that kind of experience. It's sad. And few people care.
    Edited by Stridig on June 12, 2019 1:15AM
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
  • Sungod
    Sungod
    ✭✭✭
    Weellll, I am torn by this.

One one hand, people need to grow a hide and dont take *** so seriously. You play a game where there is PvP. You're going to have people gang up on you. You're going to have people t-bag you. You're going to have people talk trash. THIS IS THE INTERNET, YOU MAY SEE SOMETHING THAT OFFENDS YOU.

On the other, people need to stop being such toxic ***.

At the end of the day, its a game. If you're not having fun, go find something else that gives you joy. If you do have fun, then cudos and carry on.

Options
This discussion has been closed.