Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

• Itsnotarealwar
    Itsnotarealwar
    ✭✭✭
    Sungod wrote: »
    Weellll, I am torn by this.

One one hand, people need to grow a hide and dont take *** so seriously. You play a game where there is PvP. You're going to have people gang up on you. You're going to have people t-bag you. You're going to have people talk trash. THIS IS THE INTERNET, YOU MAY SEE SOMETHING THAT OFFENDS YOU.

On the other, people need to stop being such toxic ***.

At the end of the day, its a game. If you're not having fun, go find something else that gives you joy. If you do have fun, then cudos and carry on.

Thank you @Stridig , I'll take it from here. First of all, the toxic people in this game are the ones who take things too seriously. If you have to attempt a show of dominance on the internet you are a weak and unsuccessful person. Secondly, I was never offended a single time. I dont get offended by people who are toxic. I feel sorry for them. I picture dudes who live with their girlfriend while she is out cheating on them because they are too busy t-bagging folks in a game. People needing thicker skin is a great solution for adults acting poorly. Maybe I'll try it.
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to take a leaf out of the book of “Love Actually” and note that love is all around us.

Also, don’t buy drugs. Become a pop star and people will give them to you for free.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
    Options
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These are the reason under 50 is dead or slowly rotting. You always have a few bad people who want to bring everything down to their level.
    Options
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed with Sungod. This is the internet, there are people who are *** these day just as there were *** in the golden age of BwB. There isn't much we can do about it. ''All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."

Being, grow a hide, or move on to other games. Both options are totaly legit imo.
    Edited by Raknosh on June 12, 2019 9:52PM
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
    Options
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    As far as this campaign's health, Cyrodill needs 2 bars of pop and idealy spread fairly to be engaging. I bet this hasn't happened since the last Mayhem. People tends to blame individuals or certain guilds driving people away from the campaign. I dissagree. In my experience, a certain Mr.V got me out of my PvE newfound addiction cause I wanted to beat the crap out of his guild!

Correct me if I'm wrong @gabriebe , but I feel like it was the same for you (at least for a while) with certains AD guilds/leader.

If I had to blame anyone for PvP's health, that would certainly be the devs who neglected this 50% of the game for way too long. That and the simple fact that the game is now 5+ years old and at some point, it gets harder and harder to keep the player's interest, even for such an addictive style of game.
    Options
  • Itsnotarealwar
    Itsnotarealwar
    ✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    Pinesy wrote: »
    I'm someone new to PvP, decided to roll a DC healer because I liked watching the various DC streamers... But this campaign is extremely disheartening. It's kind of put me off from Cyro entirely ~ I was really wanting to level to 50 on this new gal entirely through <50 Cyro :| I guess i'm just not prepared for this sort of getting stomped, camped, ran down by groups despite being solo, gameplay. Maybe because I don't have a dedicated PvP guild to run with... How are actual new to the game folks even supposed to try to get into PvP in this game? (i'm 810 cp, didn't feel comfortable learning PvP on one of my 50s and folks seeing an 810cp newb...)

Constructive tips would be appreciated ~ ^_^

Not trying to pull you out of a campaign that needs players, but with 810cp your healer would do great in Kaal at low levels.

One of the issues with Mula/Kyne is players cried about "rerollers" and told them to leave or called them sissy for not playing in vet campaigns. This campaign did not need players to leave, it needed players to stay.

I didn't necessarily feel like good or experienced players needed to leave. Perhaps I eluded to that at some point in time but they are needed. I needed them to teach me and to kill me. What irritated me the most was the fact that SOME of them had no class. Look, if you are an experienced player fighting new people, just be humble. Remember the times you were new. Be a leader. Be gracious like @gabriebe or @Stridig . Hell there was a person on EP (Grey Wind) I think. That person played side by side with me as a total noob. Was very polite and helpful. And obviously good. The experienced people that can't keep it classy are the ones who should go somewhere else. I have read almost every post from the beginning of these non-vet threads. You all love this campaign but work so hard to hurt it at the same time. I just dont get it.
    Options
  • Sungod
    Sungod
    ✭✭✭
    You can’t control all that happens to you in this life, but you can control how you react to it.
    -Some guy probably
    Options
  • Orpheaus
    Orpheaus
    ✭✭✭

One one hand, people need to grow a hide and dont take *** so seriously. You play a game where there is PvP. You're going to have people gang up on you. You're going to have people t-bag you. You're going to have people talk trash. THIS IS THE INTERNET, YOU MAY SEE SOMETHING THAT OFFENDS YOU.

At the end of the day, its a game. If you're not having fun, go find something else that gives you joy. If you do have fun, then cudos and carry on.

Thank you @Stridig , I'll take it from here. First of all, the toxic people in this game are the ones who take things too seriously. If you have to attempt a show of dominance on the internet you are a weak and unsuccessful person. Secondly, I was never offended a single time. I dont get offended by people who are toxic. I feel sorry for them. I picture dudes who live with their girlfriend while she is out cheating on them because they are too busy t-bagging folks in a game. People needing thicker skin is a great solution for adults acting poorly. Maybe I'll try it.

Nothing shows how unoffended you are like writing a paragraph attacking the people who didn't offend you and saying how unoffended you are XD I'm enjoying this I hope it continues.
    TLDR: Sounds like someone died in a pvp zone
    Options
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Itsnotarealwar is a good guy from what I experienced.
    What he says is true about the dumb ass players who talk junk in under 50.

I wish I had a list of how many players that left under 50 due to the l33t behavior of some players and guilds.
    There was at least 3 that left ep last week and many more in the past.

So, if chasing away more pop to this server is your goal, please continue the course.
    Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orpheaus wrote: »

Nothing shows how unoffended you are like writing a paragraph attacking the people who didn't offend you and saying how unoffended you are XD I'm enjoying this I hope it continues.
    TLDR: Sounds like someone died in a pvp zone

Sounds like somebody's girlfriend cheated on them. Nothing shows how stupid you are like rambling on about some s h i t you know nothing about. Damn you guys are such idiots.

Also... "sounds like someone died in a pvp zone" is not a new or original statement and offers a very anticlimactic end to your otherwise ridiculous cookie cutter response to a conversation that is continuing on for 1 reason only. Winning gold from @ColoursYouHave .
    Edited by Stridig on June 13, 2019 12:46PM
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
  • Beaverton
    Beaverton
    ✭✭✭
    So you can't stealth out of doors now. Does anyone know if this is intended or a bug?

I guess it kind of makes sense. Hard to open a door without anyone seeing it.

Also, I kind of enjoy occasional salty whispers but when it becomes constant it is harassment which is illegal IRL and should also be in game.
    Chook (fill in the blank) or Chookana (likewise): I learn more by dying so teach me some more!
    Options
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    Pinesy wrote: »
    I'm someone new to PvP, decided to roll a DC healer because I liked watching the various DC streamers... But this campaign is extremely disheartening. It's kind of put me off from Cyro entirely ~ I was really wanting to level to 50 on this new gal entirely through <50 Cyro :| I guess i'm just not prepared for this sort of getting stomped, camped, ran down by groups despite being solo, gameplay. Maybe because I don't have a dedicated PvP guild to run with... How are actual new to the game folks even supposed to try to get into PvP in this game? (i'm 810 cp, didn't feel comfortable learning PvP on one of my 50s and folks seeing an 810cp newb...)

Constructive tips would be appreciated ~ ^_^

Not trying to pull you out of a campaign that needs players, but with 810cp your healer would do great in Kaal at low levels.

One of the issues with Mula/Kyne is players cried about "rerollers" and told them to leave or called them sissy for not playing in vet campaigns. This campaign did not need players to leave, it needed players to stay.

Well.... let me tell you all a little story. For a couple years I had a friend who would come over just to hang out and watch me PvP. I finally talked him in to buying the game. He pretty much already knew who all the main players in the campaign were, and how the game worked. After a couple weeks of training he joined the campaign.
    One day I was watching him play and he was wrecking (repeatedly) many of these long term players. They would come back with two people, and more yet when 2 wasn't enough. I was shocked when I watched a group of 6 people from my own guild repeatedly group up on him, kill him and t-bag him. Then the trash talk started and persisted to the point of harassment. @Itsnotarealwar finally left the game after only a few months when the trash talk came to the forums. Was he "crying" as Emily says? No. He was calling them out for their crap behavior. He got really good really fast. But the toxic environment in non vet perpetrated by people we all know and play with, was too much for a new person. The very much needed population you speak of is the very reason many new people dont stay.
    There was 1 DC player that @Itsnotarealwar spoke very highly of. @gabriebe. He fought gave 1v1 a couple times and always talked about how nice Gabe was and if only everybody could be that kind, the game would be so much better.
    People in this campaign knew when they were fighting a new person. A person with a new name. I fully support him in the forum posts he made. He was speaking truth. All those "Sissy" re-rollers (myself included) lost out on a very cool member of the community. Well played guys.

I will second that @Itsnotarealwar is pretty cool. He joined our guild and ran with us a few times.... Always enjoyed playing with him.
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
    Options
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beaverton wrote: »
    So you can't stealth out of doors now. Does anyone know if this is intended or a bug?

I guess it kind of makes sense. Hard to open a door without anyone seeing it.

Also, I kind of enjoy occasional salty whispers but when it becomes constant it is harassment which is illegal IRL and should also be in game.

Oh, no stealthing out of doors? Hmmmm....

One of these days I will be good enough to get salty whispers.... maybe I'm just too old... I mean, I remember the 70s.... sorta....

Edited by Lumsdenml on June 13, 2019 6:08PM
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    Options
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the praise, but I'm definitely not immune to not being an *** lol

...and in that spirit, I'd encourage everyone to get out of the cocoon that is the under 50 campaign. If you've rolled the same class and spec more than twice in there, you really shouldn't be playing there anymore.

Nobody in the history of this game has ever gotten better by just squatting BlackwaterBlade/Kyne/Mulaanmnir.

I dare anyone to make a post about being a pro Kyne 1 v X er just to watch the hilarious comments that will surely follow.

Edited by gabriebe on June 13, 2019 10:21PM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

Options
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    Thanks for all the praise, but I'm definitely not immune to not being an *** lol

If it makes you feel any better, I didn't praise you... :)
    Obituary:
    Options
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never too late to start...
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor

Options
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Priase the sun!
    Options
  • Sungod
    Sungod
    ✭✭✭
    Raknosh wrote: »
    Priase the sun!

Are they still around?
    Options
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're not, but their typo is.

The traitor

Options
  • Swaye
    Swaye
    ✭✭✭
    OMG what happened to the men that used to have ***. ?
    Swaye.
    Options
  • Gederic
    Gederic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swaye wrote: »

Clearly they aren’t in this campaign anymore.

I couldn’t stomach 15 minutes of this campaign yesterday. It’s just siege weapons dressed up pretending to be players.

Come fight in Kaal Swaye. Your computer might explode from lag but at least there will be fights.
    Ours is the Fury
    Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swaye wrote: »

Well.... men who talk trash on the internet from the safety of their homes actually have vag's so....
    Edited by Stridig on June 14, 2019 8:22PM
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raknosh wrote: »
    Priase the sun!

Are they still around?

Last I saw them was in vivec. They had left their elite pvpdoor style for a watered down ballgroup.
    Options
  • Sungod
    Sungod
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like somebody's girlfriend cheated on them. Nothing shows how stupid you are like rambling on about some s h i t you know nothing about. Damn you guys are such idiots.

Also... "sounds like someone died in a pvp zone" is not a new or original statement and offers a very anticlimactic end to your otherwise ridiculous cookie cutter response to a conversation that is continuing on for 1 reason only. Winning gold from @ColoursYouHave .[/quote]

"Sounds like somebody's girlfriend cheated on them", followed by trying to insult someone because 'they' used a 'cookie cutter response'.
    This is a prime of example of the pot calling the kettle black.

Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol. You guys crack me up. Wanna fight? Haha
    Also I'm rich so I guess that means I'm better than other people. May as well put internet balls in your face to prove my worth. Losers
    Edited by Stridig on June 15, 2019 1:46PM
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #roadto500
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
  • anamenobodyelsehas
    anamenobodyelsehas
    ✭✭✭
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTlD-4fb5etUpZ_d3irOGFFO7sdEP0uAcwBTYVFY4OoOqD7lEm
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WE ARE SO CLOSE
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
    Options
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah @Stridig? Well I bet you smell bad.
    Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah @Stridig? Well I bet you smell bad.

No U
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
This discussion has been closed.