Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

• Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    @VarisVaris , I'm not gonna dispute that.

I'll second that!
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    @vamp_emily at this point, for me, you are in the same category as Vurian was. A pathetic little troll.
    I wish I had joined the forum earlier to see the real *** you are, before inviting you to my guild.
    Anyway, keep trying to *** people off and ruin their day if it's what makes you happy in your twisted mind.

I'm done feeding the troll. May you starve fast...
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
  • DCeiver0
    DCeiver0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raknosh wrote: »
    at this point, for me, you are in the same category as Vurian was.

Ouch.

Edited by DCeiver0 on October 24, 2017 11:13PM
    Ärchøn of the Covenant - DC Magblade
    Ärchøn of the Dominion - AD Magblade
    Venom - EP Stamdk
    Sentinel - AD DK
    Sirocco - DC WereOrcSorc
    Wendigo - DC Warden
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ice trebs are OP...
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm actually convinced that vamp_emily is just a character being played by some entirely reasonable person. Kind of like Dr. Disrespect if anybody is familiar with popular Twitch streamers.

Also, as fun as the BWB vs. Sypher event was, I don't hold anything against Rak for doing what he did. While many AD and DC were in on it, it wasn't like there was some requirement that people had to participate. And even though it took away from fighting Sypher, the whole betrayal/retaliation aspect of that day was also really fun, and honestly may have made the whole thing even more exciting. The events that transpired that day made it feel like I was participating in an ongoing story-line in Cyrodiil, which isn't something you get to experience every day.

This has got me thinking, what if ZOS added occasional events to Cyrodiil to change things up every now and again? Maybe every couple months they could have a day where really strong bosses periodically spawn in a random keep and turn the flag neutral and people can get special rewards for taking back the keep or something (there are tons of different ways they could make a special event, this is just the first thing that comes to mind). It'd be really cool if they could design it in a way that incentivizes the alliances to work together. I know a lot of people talk about Cyrodiil feeling stale, so I wonder if doing something like this would add more excitement to Cyrodiil. What do you guys think?
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RPers. I've been saying it for a long time.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm actually convinced that vamp_emily is just a character being played by some entirely reasonable person. Kind of like Dr. Disrespect if anybody is familiar with popular Twitch streamers.

Also, as fun as the BWB vs. Sypher event was, I don't hold anything against Rak for doing what he did. While many AD and DC were in on it, it wasn't like there was some requirement that people had to participate. And even though it took away from fighting Sypher, the whole betrayal/retaliation aspect of that day was also really fun, and honestly may have made the whole thing even more exciting. The events that transpired that day made it feel like I was participating in an ongoing story-line in Cyrodiil, which isn't something you get to experience every day.

This has got me thinking, what if ZOS added occasional events to Cyrodiil to change things up every now and again? Maybe every couple months they could have a day where really strong bosses periodically spawn in a random keep and turn the flag neutral and people can get special rewards for taking back the keep or something (there are tons of different ways they could make a special event, this is just the first thing that comes to mind). It'd be really cool if they could design it in a way that incentivizes the alliances to work together. I know a lot of people talk about Cyrodiil feeling stale, so I wonder if doing something like this would add more excitement to Cyrodiil. What do you guys think?

I like the idea of a new pvp zone, personally.
    Obituary:
  • DCeiver0
    DCeiver0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »

I like the idea of a new pvp zone, personally.

That's what battlegrounds is. And IC. Midyear Mayhem was, I think, a step in the right direction into changing up the Cyrodiil staleness. I like Colours' idea of neutralized keeps with mega bosses. They would have to be like.... Insanely strong though to be able to handle the numbers of players coming to take them out.

Edit: It would be really cool though if there was a pvp event in which periodically a huge army of daedra marched out from one of the three Imperial City bridges and attacked one of the nearby emp keeps with full on coldfire everything. Maybe even add those scamp cage trebs you see in the original game trailers.
    Edited by DCeiver0 on October 25, 2017 1:03AM
    Venom - EP Stamdk
    Sentinel - AD DK
    Sirocco - DC WereOrcSorc
    Wendigo - DC Warden
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, they really need to do something to change the stallness of Cyrodill. The biggest thing (and the only thing) they've added to cyro since the release of the game is towns. I mean c'mon, we need more than that!

I'm sure BGs are fun, but they've hid it behind a paywall. Meanwhile, Cyrodill is dying. Soon, we might as well have only 2 campaigns, only vivec ever gets 3 bars.
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    DCeiver0 wrote: »
    Edit: It would be really cool though if there was a pvp event in which periodically a huge army of daedra marched out from one of the three Imperial City bridges and attacked one of the nearby emp keeps with full on coldfire everything. Maybe even add those scamp cage trebs you see in the original game trailers.

Mhmmmm, I kinda like that idea! The scale of the attack would have to be based on the player population tho, otherwise, we'd all wake up to a deadric map xD

But that would make a nice challenge for the faction owning the entire ring, having to defend 3 keeps simultaneously on top of the other 2 factions! The only downside to that, would be all that fat exp! EWWWW
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still think the underpopulated alliance should get a buff to keeps and resources. If 2 bars are attacking 1 bar, the keep walls on the 1 bar should be twice as strong and so on.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • DCeiver0
    DCeiver0
    ✭✭✭✭

Mhmmmm, I kinda like that idea! The scale of the attack would have to be based on the player population tho, otherwise, we'd all wake up to a deadric map xD

But that would make a nice challenge for the faction owning the entire ring, having to defend 3 keeps simultaneously on top of the other 2 factions! The only downside to that, would be all that fat exp! EWWWW

Gives AP instead. I just think it would be nice to have daedra with a goal. That's my biggest problem with pve really is the monsters just stand there with the sole mission of "kill nearby players" making the only consequence of dying having to start over. Wouldn't it be nice if it was "Capture that keep, kill anything that stands in your way"? Changing what's at stake would, I think, make fighting the AI a lot more interesting.

Also one thing I've always enjoyed about Bruma is skirmishes at the dolmen while it's active. I think it could be even more fun on a larger scale.
    Venom - EP Stamdk
    Sentinel - AD DK
    Sirocco - DC WereOrcSorc
    Wendigo - DC Warden
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gives AP instead. I just think it would be nice to have daedra with a goal. That's my biggest problem with pve really is the monsters just stand there with the sole mission of "kill nearby players" making the only consequence of dying having to start over. Wouldn't it be nice if it was "Capture that keep, kill anything that stands in your way"? Changing what's at stake would, I think, make fighting the AI a lot more interesting.

Also one thing I've always enjoyed about Bruma is skirmishes at the dolmen while it's active. I think it could be even more fun on a larger scale.

What if a bunch of Daedra started coming from Imperial City to try to capture all the keeps, starting with the emp keeps and pushing out to the tri keeps. They could reward individual alliances for preventing the Daedra from capturing their own tri keeps the longest, or they could make it more of a team effort where everybody is rewarded for preventing them from taking any of the tri keeps, meaning alliances would want to help each other defend their keeps. Of course this would require them to make much more advanced AI than they currently have, so I doubt it is something they would do in the foreseeable future, if ever.
  • MrCal
    MrCal
    ✭✭✭
    Just make tamriel open/flagged pvp like they had in swg. Also the idea of daedra is good, you would think that out of all places daedra who infested the Imperial City would flow out of it and cause havoc to the war.
  • DCeiver0
    DCeiver0
    ✭✭✭✭

What if a bunch of Daedra started coming from Imperial City to try to capture all the keeps, starting with the emp keeps and pushing out to the tri keeps. They could reward individual alliances for preventing the Daedra from capturing their own tri keeps the longest, or they could make it more of a team effort where everybody is rewarded for preventing them from taking any of the tri keeps, meaning alliances would want to help each other defend their keeps. Of course this would require them to make much more advanced AI than they currently have, so I doubt it is something they would do in the foreseeable future, if ever.

Yeah there would need to be a lot of work done to the AI for anything like that to work.
    Venom - EP Stamdk
    Sentinel - AD DK
    Sirocco - DC WereOrcSorc
    Wendigo - DC Warden
  • DCeiver0
    DCeiver0
    ✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif

.... So how are the skill changes and such?
    Venom - EP Stamdk
    Sentinel - AD DK
    Sirocco - DC WereOrcSorc
    Wendigo - DC Warden
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didn't affect me so far. But I like the buff to magdks, cant wait to play it again. Also, for the no stun on crytal frag, sure its quite a nerf, but the other morph was utterly pointless before that. It's comparable to the WB nerf.
  • VarisVaris
    VarisVaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mhmmmmmmmmm
  • Itsnotarealwar
    Itsnotarealwar
    ✭✭✭
    Had a fun first night back last night. Lots of good fights.
    Edited by Itsnotarealwar on October 28, 2017 2:13PM
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had a fun first night back last night. Lots of good fights.

Yea! Yesterday was a blast!
  • Itsnotarealwar
    Itsnotarealwar
    ✭✭✭
    Sure enough on my second day back I'm getting t-bagged by some DC who didn't even kill me. Lol.
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure enough on my second day back I'm getting t-bagged by some DC who didn't even kill me. Lol.

Sadly, you're always going to get that in a PVP environment. Different things work for different people, but I always used that as a motivator to get better so I can mess those teabaggers up the next time I see them.

• Itsnotarealwar
    Itsnotarealwar
    ✭✭✭
    The person who couldn't kill me should really be the one motivated to get better.
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The person who couldn't kill me should really be the one motivated to get better.

Not everybody actually wants to git gud though. Some people just want to let others do all the killing while they tag along so they can feel like they accomplished something without actually putting in the time and effort. Take solace in the fact that while they stagnate riding on the backs of others, you'll continue to get better. Being able to fight without relying on others, even if it results in failure, is one of the biggest things separating the good players from the bad ones.
  • Itsnotarealwar
    Itsnotarealwar
    ✭✭✭
    All good points. I could definitely use some improvements.
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All good points. I could definitely use some improvements.

That's alright though, there is definitely a learning curve to PVP in this game, but as long as you are actually trying to improve, you're already doing better than a lot of other players.
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Itsnotarealwar Welcome back : ))

@ColoursYouHave layin down some insightful *** lol
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    @Itsnotarealwar Welcome back : ))

@ColoursYouHave layin down some insightful *** lol

Eh, I'm just trying to help prevent a newer player from getting discouraged by the *** in Cyrodiil.
  • Itsnotarealwar
    Itsnotarealwar
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not discouraged this time. I have come to realize that some people are just hateful by nature. No biggie. I talked to my friend about it and he said once I get better than them it won't bother me so much. And it doesn't really bother me anymore.
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    You are already doing better than average from what I've seen so far, to be honest!
    Edited by Raknosh on October 29, 2017 8:28PM
This discussion has been closed.