Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

• Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    Nowadays if you wanted to have a reasonable quality of life you can 1vX in nonvet just as hard wearing 5x shacklebreaker, 4x seducer/eternal hunt, and 3x agility/willpower.

The reason I grinded my sets, is to have jewelry sets. I didn't have access to IC Willpower/agility (which btw is a grind to get)
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just used the key fragments from grinding up nonvet characters. I never had to do any active grinding - just what I was going to be doing anyways. It was a simpler time.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Raknosh wrote: »
    [Snip] and [snip] again. I've never had SPC in kyne, you know why? I dont even have IC DLC on that account.
    Not sure you've even read what I've said, I said myself, I have BSW and Worm. What are you bitching about anyway, you've grinded Blackrose every 5 [snip] level. And we don't tell people to get gold weapon in kyne, its a huge waste of gold. Its good for 1-2 lvl then it's = to purple...

Stop trying to stir up *** as always...

Do you not know how to read?

point 1: ( read this twice )
    i am sure i seen you in bwb/kyne with SPC on if I'm not mistaken.

The keywords that bi-passed your eyes is "if I'm not mistaken". If it wasn't you then i'm sure it was Saber that I seen SPC on.

point 2: ( read this a few times, i have nothing to hide or lie about )
    I myself, grinded soul strike on my last character and Tank Emily wore nothing but Blackrose and agility.

I know you have grinded gear and that was my point. I've seen you advertise for low level players for group dungeons. Also when I was in the guild I think it was Darv was the one that recommended me wearing gold weapons and if I can't afford them then just use gold enchantments.

Also I've been in the guild ( it might nave been when you were on break ) that we all went to coldharbor to get everyone dawnbreaker. There would be like 5 pugz laying on the ground dead while I and someone else grouped with them and grinded zombies to level their fighters guild.

Just because I am honest, you think i'm stirring something up? You act like gear is nothing, then don't grind it. But my main point was that everyone does it in kyne or did it. I bet players even use their gold rewards but come here and say they don't.

[Edited for quote]

Edited by ZOS_KatP on October 12, 2017 4:21PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just confused about the "I am sure" and the "if I'm not mistaken" in the same sentence. I may be an idiot (as some of you say) but I'm having troubles figuring out how that sentence actually works.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw a pig fly once, if I'm not mistaken.

Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    [Snip] and [snip] again. I've never had SPC in kyne, you know why? I dont even have IC DLC on that account.
    Not sure you've even read what I've said, I said myself, I have BSW and Worm. What are you bitching about anyway, you've grinded Blackrose every 5 [snip] level. And we don't tell people to get gold weapon in kyne, its a huge waste of gold. Its good for 1-2 lvl then it's = to purple...

The keywords that bi-passed your eyes is "if I'm not mistaken". If it wasn't you then i'm sure it was Saber that I seen SPC on.

I myself, grinded soul strike on my last character and Tank Emily wore nothing but Blackrose and agility.

I know you have grinded gear and that was my point. I've seen you advertise for low level players for group dungeons. Also when I was in the guild I think it was Darv was the one that recommended me wearing gold weapons and if I can't afford them then just use gold enchantments.

Also I've been in the guild ( it might nave been when you were on break ) that we all went to coldharbor to get everyone dawnbreaker. There would be like 5 pugz laying on the ground dead while I and someone else grouped with them and grinded zombies to level their fighters guild.

Just because I am honest, you think i'm stirring something up? You act like gear is nothing, then don't grind it. But my main point was that everyone does it in kyne or did it. I bet players even use their gold rewards but come here and say they don't.

I've never seen SPC in kyne period, but even if we had it, so *** what?
    Did we (PUGz) claimed that we never grinded any gear? No... no one did...
    Did we (PUGz) claimed that we never grinded special ults? Nope... and seriously, whats the *** problem with that anyway?

So I come to the conclusion you are trying to make us look "full of BS and shady" just cause you want to stir up [snip].

And I didnt say gear is nothing, I said gear ISN'T everything... I'd say its 50% skill, 50% gear imo
    I don't get why everyone's complaining about gear/ult anyway. All that stuff is the result of effort. If you wanna be "lazy" (which is totally your right) go in with pvp rewards mix and have the results that goes with it. If you are REALLY determined, gold all your stuff every 2 lvl. That will be the result of your effort and you have deserved it...

We were all were noobs in the first place. We all got rekt by the Redsky, Miniskirt, Mjoll ect (in my case).
    But I didn't give up... I put up the effort to be able to craft my stuff and get proper gear.
    Joined a duel guild to work on my skills.

That was more effort than your average Joe and now I'm better than average joe, simple as that...

[Edited for quote]
    [Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on October 12, 2017 4:22PM
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha yea im not trying to min max or anything, just making sure im running the correct setups although i suppose i could upgrade to purple gear

@Stridig Currently lvl 31with 34k mag and 2k regen so sustain isnt terrible unless its a pretty prolonged fight

@ColoursYouHave front bar is coagulating blood, engulfing flames, embers, flame lash, stone fist. Back bar igneous shield, purge, vigor, rapids, volatile armor

Couple thoughts on your skill set-up:

-Purge can be a pretty big drain on your Magicka pool, and MagDKs have a tendency to struggle with Magicka sustain as it is. It isn't a terrible skill by any means, but I don't think it is really necessary, especially if you go Vampire since you can use Elusive Mist to deal with most things you would want to purge (Mist tanks through fire siege DOTs like its nothing).

-Vigor typically isn't very good on a Magicka build since it scales off of Stamina and Weapon Damage. I've never used Shacklebreaker before, but I'm not sure that the boost it provides to Max Stamina and Weapon Damage is enough to make Vigor better than other skills you could be using. Not to mention the fact that you need to be really careful with your Stamina pool to make sure you can always CC break. Between Flame Lash, Embers, and Coagulating Blood, you should have enough healing that you don't really need Vigor, but if you're really concerned about your ability to heal you could also switch to a Resto Staff for your back bar and use Healing Ward. I think a lot of people really underestimate how strong Healing Ward can be. If you're fighting somebody who can't set up a good burst, and are able to keep your Ward up at low health, it'll be almost impossible for that person to kill you unless they are able to drain your resources. Plus you can use Resto heavies to restore Magicka, which is something you lack when running double S&B.

-I also notice that you're not using any skills that grant Major Sorcery. Honestly, if there is anything I would change with your build it would be that. By not running Major Sorcery you're losing out on an additional 20% damage and healing. MagDKs have a nice, long Major Sorcery buff with Molten Weapons, but you could also use Entropy from the Mages Guild skill line.

-A couple other skills to consider: Dark Talons is a really nice ability that can hold enemies inside AOEs, help set up a Power Lash, cause enemies to drain their Stamina dodge-rolling out of it, and just generally annoy the crap out of enemy players. You can use the Burning Talons morph for an additional DOT, or use Choking Talons to reduce enemy damage. Inhale is a pretty fun skill too. You can pair it with Talons and Bats (if you go Vampire) to get some real nice AOE damage in, or time the explosion with Take Flight for some real nice burst (if you really want to get fancy, you can go Inhale>Power Lash>Take Flight too). You can use Deep Breath to set up Power Lash, or Draw Essence to help with Magicka sustain. Elusive Mist (again if you go Vampire) is a great skill too. It helps shore up one of the weaknesses of MagDK by granting Major Expedition, and can be used to break from immobilizes to help conserve your Stamina pool (of course you're losing a fair amount of Magicka doing this, but having the option to dodge-roll when low on Magicka, or use Mist when low on Stamina is really nice). Of course you top all of that off with a 75% damage reduction as well, which as I said above, makes siege damage practically negligible.

Note that these are just my opinions, and I don't want to make it sound like these are the only skills or the "right" skills to use, but I figured I'd share some things from experience playing MagDK and hopefully you can get something useful out of it.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Who cares? Ppl run destro ult, dawnbreaker, soul strike, and meteor. They farm dungeon sets, gold out gear, all to get an advantage. It's the nature of the beast.
    So, if you want an advantage over some kid who just came into kyne with green mismatched gear or a vet pvp player, what is the problem? Everybody can get this gear if they are so inclined to spend the time to farm it.
  • FistiCuffsFreddie
    @ColoursYouHave The purge and vigor was really moreso just for group utility since if im not helping to siege with my group, ill run through the lines and spam purges on those that need them. Mist sounds like a nice skill to switch to AND itll give me another space to slot in molten weapons again! I might switch to talons at some point but tbh i have faaar to much fun stone *** people right now haha

I appreciate your insight and ill most likely try and get a vamp bite tomorrow so i can work on leveling it up
    Moist Mozart Stam Sorc
    No Im Dirty Dan Stam Sorc
    Your Moms Favorite DK Stam DK
    Obsessed With Hopscotch Mag DK
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So I come to the conclusion you are trying to make us look "full of BS and shady" just cause you want to stir up ***

That's exactly what's going on man. So far today the names of Wolf, Darv, Saber and you have been put out on front street in an attempt to stir up some ****. This behavior has been going on for quite some time now. I don't know what's so appealing about being a forum villain but it's definitely juvenile at the very least. There are some very good players/guilds that play this game and then there are some that ride on the coat tails of those people. As I always say, those who know it the loudest, know it the least.

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on October 12, 2017 4:23PM
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • DCeiver0
    DCeiver0
    ✭✭✭✭

Did we (PUGz) claimed that we never grinded special ults? Nope... and seriously, whats the *** problem with that anyway?

So I come to the conclusion you are trying to make us look "full of BS and shady" just cause you want to stir up ***

And I didnt say gear is nothing, I said gear ISN'T everything... I'd say its 50% skill, 50% gear imo
    I don't get why everyone's complaining about gear/ult anyway. All that stuff is the result of effort. If you wanna be "lazy" (which is totally your right) go in with pvp rewards mix and have the results that goes with it. If you are REALLY determined, gold all your stuff every 2 lvl. That will be the result of your effort and you have deserved it...

We were all were noobs in the first place. We all got rekt by the Redsky, Miniskirt, Mjoll ect (in my case).
    But I didn't give up... I put up the effort to be able to craft my stuff and get proper gear.

That was more effort than your average Joe and now I'm better than average joe, simple as that...

Couldn't. Agree. More.

Redsky, Vic, Adenoma, Outlaw, DeadlyRecluse all would flatten me consistently when I first started. And they still do, just not quite as hard as they used to. And I made friends with some of em and learned some new stuff (sneakily at first, cuz well, it's my nature).

Put in the time and effort, it goes a long way.

Defeating my enemies feels good, but fighting my friends is way more fun, win or lose.

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on October 12, 2017 4:24PM
    Ärchøn of the Covenant - DC Magblade
    Ärchøn of the Dominion - AD Magblade
    Venom - EP Stamdk
    Sentinel - AD DK
    Sirocco - DC WereOrcSorc
    Wendigo - DC Warden
  • Sreja_Bone
    Sreja_Bone
    ✭✭✭
    Does Deep Breath set off balance using talons? Thought it had to interrupt to do that. I'm genuinely curious, not trying to naysay you Colours. I've never used those two together, and that would definitely be useful on my main in dungeons.
    Edited by Sreja_Bone on October 12, 2017 8:49AM
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as @vamp_emily said, ive farmed for gear and ults ... BUT ... i havent been in Kyne much lately .... was in kyne for a little bit helping defend a guildmates emp but other than that, i think ive been in kyne only 4 times this past week and only for about an hour each time ... other than that ive been on my magDK in either sotha ( unless its all blue ... which it was yesterday ... or in vivec ... and checking out Shorn ) .... kyne has lost what it once was in my eyes ... too many people complaining .... too many players on EACH side gate camping and not giving any care to the campaign ...
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the main set that ive grinded for in bwb is beekeeper, ive grinded rattle cage once ... but wasnt impressed with it ... also grinded fiords once for my stamsorc ( which no longer exists )... other than that ...
    my builds are usually the same ... ( sorc ... 5x ca, 2x torug, 5x vd ... although on my sorc right now im running ( no farming just from the ap vendor ) 5x ca, 2x torug, 2x bloodthorn 3x vd ) or crafted gear ( armor master, orgnums , ca, kags, torug... if i remember correctly my current sorc in bwb is all in blue gear cause i use all my tempers on testing gear on my main for him
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, you guys act like gear is everything. Have you seen the difference between me with a magdk and me with a stamplar?
    There's a HUGE gap. Still, I use all purple gear on both... Gear is NOT everything...

Ha ha! So this. I am crap in all gear and it is always purple... I'm just less crap on magplars... :)

BTW, what is everyone's definition of min/max?
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    @Adenoma you make me sad : (

JK lol
    gabriebe wrote: »
    Half this thread is people who don't even play the campaign lol. Start a Snapchat group or something.

You dont know.

We may have fought side by side....

Creepy.....
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think miniskirt had some kind of mark on me because he would rek me, on average, about four times an hour for as long as I played...

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on October 12, 2017 4:24PM
    Obituary:
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To all who see nothing wrong with grinding ults and gear...question for you.

Do you see no difference between bwb and sotha/vivec?

Also, rerolling in bwb and making it home. Is this the progression zos intended? Why?

Edited by Valen_Byte on October 12, 2017 3:12PM
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Mjollo
    Mjollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lmao Of course Darv would be the one to recommend gold gear and "if i'm not mistaken" doesn't give you immunity for whatever you are trying to state, you know. Gear is something but gold gear isn't worth the cost to out-perform purple which barely meets the mark anyways since it's under-powered have 2 levels. You've been playing this game for years and just because you choose to not wear better gear doesn't mean others cannot. just like you feel that you should gate camp anyone you want, others can wear whatever gear they want. Progression in the game is OP.

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on October 12, 2017 4:25PM
    Defialed - Former Emperor of Thornblade|Mjoll The Legend - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade| Definitely Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Probably Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Mistakenly Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Blackwater Cultist - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade | A Woman With No Name |
    "There are two kinds of people in this world, my friend. Those with loaded guns. And those who dig. You dig."
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shado187 wrote: »
    The majority of players in Kyne min/max

Citation needed.

What if I told you that min/max doesn't mean "are better than Shado187"?
    DCeiver0 wrote: »

Redsky, Vic, Adenoma, Outlaw, DeadlyRecluse all would flatten me consistently when I first started. And they still do, just not quite as hard as they used to.

Ayyy Outlaw rejoined and Redsky has been getting his AD vet ready to go slowly. This might actually be a group comp in the future.
    Lumsdenml wrote: »
    BTW, what is everyone's definition of min/max?

Now this is a good question. I know for me, I don't consider a vet toon finished until it has the Shadow Rider passive, for example.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the most expensive, it takes about 70k to gold a weapon, so about 350k if you want to have a gold weapon every 6 levels or so from level 20 onward. Double the amount for both bars. And double that again for those who are dual wielding/one hand and shield. I don't know that many people who could either afford it in Kyne or would bother with it, especially since the RotW no longer send you weapons for being on the leaderboard.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Also, rerolling in bwb and making it home. Is this the progression zos intended? Why?

The fact that you all are skipping right over my questions, speaks volumes.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Valen_Byte my answer for u would be .... originally i was mainly playing in bwb due to my friends being there ... not only on dc ... but ep and ad side as well .. i enjoy playing with and against my friends ( ive always been dc since day 1 ) to me... battles amongst friends is what i find enjoyable most ... but with many people who i enjoyed playing against have left ... has left the campaign feeling stale, which is y im not often in the campaign anymore ( not to mention after years of playing pvp and learning the ways of pvp ive been feeling partially bad when ever i come up against a newbie ... which is the other reason ive been more in the "vet" side of things lately )

• Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ayyy Outlaw rejoined and Redsky has been getting his AD vet ready to go slowly. This might actually be a group comp in the future.

Funny story about Outlaw.... was solo last week, DC had all the emp keeps and a few trikeeps. I was running to Sej to flag to help ep push to get trikeeps back. I see a solo AD on a balista. Normally I'd not engage since DC had control of the map, but for whatever reason, I crit rush him. Get a couple hits in on him, got him down to about 25% health and he counters and almost kills me... i pop an invisipot and slink away, get health and stam back, and crit rush him again. He soundly thumps me (invisipots were still on cooldown) and as I'm laying there dead I notice it was Outlaw (I'm horrible and seeing who I'm fighting when I'm fighting). He whispers me "I was going to let you live, but since you came back..." I was laughing so hard at that!
    Obituary:
  • Mjollo
    Mjollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I see both similarities and differences between non vet and Vivec. everyone says bwb is full of noobs but in my experience, it always feels like the fighters are better quality here rather than when i fight someone in a CP campaign OR BGs.
    As far as ZOS intentions go, I don't think it's really important over all. I mean, look at animation cancelling. That was not intended but they kept it anyways and embraced it as a game mechanic so i feel the same way about non-vet.
    Edited by Mjollo on October 12, 2017 8:01PM
    Defialed - Former Emperor of Thornblade|Mjoll The Legend - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade| Definitely Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Probably Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Mistakenly Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Blackwater Cultist - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade | A Woman With No Name |
    "There are two kinds of people in this world, my friend. Those with loaded guns. And those who dig. You dig."
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So I kinda touched on this a couple weeks ago. As a person who did this for a long time, I never saw an issue with it. I had a gold destro staff every few levels from 16 up (because I'm not very good) and a minimum of purple gear. However when a friend of mine finally started playing I got to see things from a different perspective. I felt guilty. I saw many friends and guild members who melted him with ease. That's when I realized my actions had been unfair to new people for quite some time. Then when I saw well known people (re-rollers) t-bagging him, I knew it was time to move on. Maybe I don't belong in this thread any more. Maybe I miss the community. Maybe the campaign would be empty without re-rollers, I don't know. What I do know is that my friend quit after only a month because of people like me. Minus the t-bagging. I only do that to friends who die during boss fights in trials and stuff. I'm not saying it's wrong to make this your home. I'm just saying for me, BwB is fundamentally different than that of a new person. That's why I chose to leave. That and all the *** that constantly talk ***.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, the reason I reroll and make Kyne my home is mostly due to skill. I am, honestly, an average player in Kyne. I'm very whelming (not overwhelming, not underwhelming.. just whelming). Either I do not put in enough time to improve my play, or I do not have the skill to compete with the average "vet" player in the other +50 campaigns. That being said, however, I have been contemplating moving to the +50 crowd for simple economics. It costs a lot to replace gear... both time and gold... and it gets a bit tedious.... But I have not pulled the trigger on that one yet...

Edited by Lumsdenml on October 12, 2017 7:53PM
    Obituary:
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ty to those who found it worth while to reply. I'm at work so the book I'm going to write will have to wait till I get home but, it's coming lol
    GM of BYTE
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »
    For me, the reason I reroll and make Kyne my home is mostly due to skill. I am, honestly, an average player in Kyne. I'm very whelming (not overwhelming, not underwhelming.. just whelming). Either I do not put in enough time to improve my play, or I do not have the skill to compete with the average "vet" player in the other +50 campaigns. That being said, however, I have been contemplating moving to the +50 crowd for simple economics. It costs a lot to replace gear... both time and gold... and it gets a bit tedious.... But I have not pulled the trigger on that one yet...

As I think about it a bit more, it is also a reluctance to leave my guild. There are people who I really enjoy playing with and running through Cyrodiil with, and ZZ is Kyne based. If the guild decided to move to 50+ and home somewhere else, I would absolutely move with them.
    Obituary:
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭

My 1rst reason that kept my in BwB is the fact that I was PVEphobic. I was playing the game for 1 year and a half and was still at 40cp cause all I did was to play in BwB. Didn't even wanna hear about grinding gear or Vet ranks. Even crafting vr16 looked like a huge pain in the [snip] in my eyes.

2cnd reason would be the increased lag that used to plague all the vet campaigns (not sure if it was really the case, but that's what I've found the few time I had tried vet)

3rd reason would simply be, that I had a lot of fun there... why change something if it aint broken?

Couple months ago however, none of those 3 reasons were still valid. My PVEphobia vanished when I came back from my long break. Lag isn't any worse in vet nowaday (except for Vivec ofc) and Kyne lost his appeal over time.

Now, I don't know where to play anymore. I really enjoyed Sotha in the double AP week but after that, it returned to super unbalanced and there's no fun to be had there. Vivec is a lagfest and I havn't quite grasped the concept of CP pvp yet.

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on October 13, 2017 2:46PM
This discussion has been closed.