Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

• Gederic
    Gederic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this debate still happening? What 2 years later?
    Ours is the Fury
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ice ball trebs.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Shado187
    Shado187
    ✭✭✭
    I have made a lot of posts in Kyne Forums about those factions who have gate camped/ tri-keep camp bringing it up just makes everyone hate you, so Instead I rolled 2 non vet toon 1 ep and 1 dc hoping between the 2 characters I should have a better time in Kyne and for the most part I am :) DC and AD both have a history of gate camping/tri-keep camping so neither is innocent EP probably would do the same (and they have in the past too) but they don't have the numbers most of the time for that.
    Point is the only people who can make a difference in Kyne are the people in this forum, You don't like mr.S playing for your faction jump to another doesn't take long to get a non vet ready for pvp. As for retaliating against those that camp gates and tri-keeps good luck that never goes well and will just continue the vicious cycle- don't believe me look up my other posts from this year I am sure I have posted pics of both DC and AD gate/tri-keep camping
  • Gederic
    Gederic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    Ice ball trebs.

Now this is a matter of supreme importance. Specifically, how many ice ball trebs can you run??
    Ours is the Fury
  • FistiCuffsFreddie
    First time Running mag dk, is there anything I can improve with my build?

Currently wearing(5 light, 2 heavy, S&B):

5pc silks of the sun

5pc shacklebreaker

2 pc torug

traits are reinforced or impen
    sharpened weapon
    lover mundus,
    witchmothers drink

race is breton since i dont have adventurer upgrade yet

Also, should i go vamp?

Moist Mozart Stam Sorc
    No Im Dirty Dan Stam Sorc
    Your Moms Favorite DK Stam DK
    Obsessed With Hopscotch Mag DK
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

5pc silks of the sun

5pc shacklebreaker

2 pc torug

sharpened weapon
    lover mundus,
    witchmothers drink

Also, should i go vamp?

You running this in bwb?
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5pc silks of the sun

5pc shacklebreaker

2 pc torug

sharpened weapon
    lover mundus,
    witchmothers drink

Also, should i go vamp?

My personal preference would be to switch out Silks of the Sun for Alteration Mastery or Seducer until level 40 or so (assuming you are currently low level). In my experience the extra sustain is vital for your first couple MagDK toons. I prefer Alteration Mastery because of the easily obtainable jewelry. I also prefer the Apprentice for S&B.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5pc silks of the sun

5pc shacklebreaker

2 pc torug

sharpened weapon
    lover mundus,
    witchmothers drink

Also, should i go vamp?

That's pretty similar to my old MagDK build, just swapping Shacklebreaker for Kagrenac's Hope. I actually like the idea of Shacklebreaker over Kag's though; the added stamina is really nice for a MagDK. Had Morrowind been out when I was running mine I might have used that over Kag's as well. Personally, I would recommend running vamp on a MagDK as the bonus movement speed from Elusive Mist is really nice on a build that has no other source of a movement speed buff. Bats is also a really good ultimate, especially if you wanna pair it with Talons and that AOE skill where you inhale then exhale fire (forgot the name). If you ever end up getting access to it, I definitely recommend playing as a Dunmer on a MagDK, but honestly racial passives don't matter that much, so I wouldn't worry too much about that unless you're really trying to "min-max" your build.

What skills are you currently running?
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Min maxing builds in nonvet is silly. Just craft some gear and fight. Purple weapons at a minimum. Keeping purple weapons every two levels is easier and better than golding crap.
  • Gederic
    Gederic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the mag dk build i run in vet, except a wear a variety of monster helms and wear heavy armor. Good sustain, good damage. I highly recommend vampirism. It gives you some desperately needed mobility in and a bit more of regen. And that reduction in damage is a god send.
    Ours is the Fury
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    Min maxing builds in nonvet is silly. Just craft some gear and fight. Purple weapons at a minimum. Keeping purple weapons every two levels is easier and better than golding crap.

Agreed. If we are talking vet builds here, all good. If you guys are running these kinds of builds in bwb then it's time for you to GTFO of lowbie.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • FistiCuffsFreddie
    Haha yea im not trying to min max or anything, just making sure im running the correct setups although i suppose i could upgrade to purple gear

@Stridig Currently lvl 31with 34k mag and 2k regen so sustain isnt terrible unless its a pretty prolonged fight

@ColoursYouHave front bar is coagulating blood, engulfing flames, embers, flame lash, stone fist. Back bar igneous shield, purge, vigor, rapids, volatile armor

Moist Mozart Stam Sorc
  • Shado187
    Shado187
    ✭✭✭
    Haha yea im not trying to min max or anything, just making sure im running the correct setups although i suppose i could upgrade to purple gear

Don't pay attention to them they all min max and some even gold out their weapons and a very small few gold out everything, Also some of these players here farm for necro, spinner's, spriggan,s ect. and even some have farmed dungeon sets for lowbies. Non vet pvpers are just as toxic as vet pvpers and will do anything to prove they are better then the next guy and the ppl who say "I don't do that" are the ones that definitely do this.
    Edited by Shado187 on October 11, 2017 8:32PM
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stridig Currently lvl 31with 34k mag and 2k regen so sustain isnt terrible unless its a pretty prolonged fight

@ColoursYouHave front bar is coagulating blood, engulfing flames, embers, flame lash, stone fist. Back bar igneous shield, purge, vigor, rapids, volatile armor

It sounds like you are on the right track. MagDK is the most enjoyable class I have played. I have never had an OP build like some do but have always been fairly competitive.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shado187 , I know of one person who has golded out multiple sets of armor for nonvet. I use all purple gear with the exception of a couple gold 1hs and staves (because rosin is cheap).

I'll reiterate that the only reason to do that is because you enjoy stomping people in non-vet. To each their own, but you're not going to get any better at the game playing that way. I can pretty readily port my stamwarden main into nonvet, but all it's gonna do is give other people a bad time.
  • FistiCuffsFreddie
    Stridig wrote: »

It sounds like you are on the right track. MagDK is the most enjoyable class I have played. I have never had an OP build like some do but have always been fairly competitive.

Coming from playing 2h stam sorc/stam dk it took some time to get used to the different playstyle but im really loving it now :)
    Moist Mozart Stam Sorc
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shado187 wrote: »

Don't pay attention to them they all min max and some even gold out their weapons and a very small few gold out everything, Also some of these players here farm for necro, spinner's, spriggan,s ect. and even some have farmed dungeon sets for lowbies. Non vet pvpers are just as toxic as vet pvpers and will do anything to prove they are better then the next guy and the ppl who say "I don't do that" are the ones that definitely do this.

You are wrong. I have spoke out against min maxers, op ults, gate camping, tri-keep camps...and anything else that I considered to be poor sportsmanship for the last 3 years. Many, many times. I left bwb because I was the only voice of reason left in the entire camp.

Back when I did play bwb exclusively, I would run the same build over and over, using the same gear. Purple, Kags and mags with elegant jewels. Both are crafted sets. Neither are Bis or ever have been. Hell Ive ran 4 unarmed magNB through from lvl 10-50 without ever slotting a weapon. Still used the same gear. Purple Kags and Mags.
    GM of BYTE
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raknosh wrote: »
    Grim13 wrote: »
    gabriebe wrote: »
    FWIW the opportunity came yesterday but I asked the DC emp if he wanted to go Faregyle and he said he'd rather not camp the trikeeps. Good on him considering how gross of a faction AD has become lately.

roflmao

I wonder how many pages I would have to go back to find where you were defending DC doing the exact same thing.

Hypocrite.

If it helps, most AD I know won't play in Kyne because of this crap.

I've gate camped AD many times back in the days, and now I'm against it. Does that make me an hypocrite too cause I've changed the way I see things?

No.

There’s a large difference between someone changing their opinion on gatecamping and someone whose opinion repeatedly flip-flops back and forth depending on who it is gatecamping.
  • Shado187
    Shado187
    ✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »

You are wrong. I have spoke out against min maxers, op ults, gate camping, tri-keep camps...and anything else that I considered to be poor sportsmanship for the last 3 years. Many, many times. I left bwb because I was the only voice of reason left in the entire camp.

Back when I did play bwb exclusively, I would run the same build over and over, using the same gear. Purple, Kags and mags with elegant jewels. Both are crafted sets. Neither are Bis or ever have been. Hell Ive ran 4 unarmed magNB through from lvl 10-50 without ever slotting a weapon. Still used the same gear. Purple Kags and Mags.

I'm not wrong and you and everyone here in this forum knows it, The majority of players in Kyne min/max and if you need proof all you got to do is look back through this forum and read up on the builds these ppl post, None of you like me so you are just gonna disagree out of spite but you know I'm right, Before you get butt hurt again I didn't mention you or anyone else in this thread personally but we all know who the ppl are that play like this and it ain't just a few players its the majority of re-rollers in Kyne!
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »

I'm not wrong and you and everyone here in this forum knows it, The majority of players in Kyne min/max and if you need proof all you got to do is look back through this forum and read up on the builds these ppl post, None of you like me so you are just gonna disagree out of spite but you know I'm right, Before you get butt hurt again I didn't mention you or anyone else in this thread personally but we all know who the ppl are that play like this and it ain't just a few players its the majority of re-rollers in Kyne!

I don't know you nor have I ever had a conversation with you so it is slightly unfair to say NONE of us like you.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also some of these players here farm for necro, spinner's, spriggan,s ect.
    You realize that you don't have to farm those sets right?
    Who would farm bind on equip sets when you can just buy em with AP...

And yes, I will admit, I have farmed a couple dungeon sets, BSW and Worms. So what?
    Getting everything in purple takes gold. Getting gold takes time.
    Farming gear takes time. See the parallel here?

Why is it frowned upon to take the time to get proper gear again? It's the freaking CORE of all MMORPGs!
    Stop acting like a Saint and mind your own business...
    Edited by Raknosh on October 11, 2017 10:28PM
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, you guys act like gear is everything. Have you seen the difference between me with a magdk and me with a stamplar?
    There's a HUGE gap. Still, I use all purple gear on both... Gear is NOT everything...
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most of you all here are shady and full of BS. I've been around to know there are plenty of players here on the forum that play in kyne that grind gear and ults. If gear didn't mean anything then why the heck are people spending time getting it?

I know I helped wolf get Dawnbreaker before level 10 once, and I know of other times he has grinded gear in group dungeons. @Raknosh, i am sure i seen you in bwb/kyne with SPC on if I'm am not mistaken and I'm sure there are some other sets you have warn that is not crafted gear. I've had players from Pugz tell me to gold my weapons, so that tells me that there are players with gold weapons in kyne. Also i've heard some players on DC talk about AD/EP and say stuff like "That guy is good and he is cool" and the ones they speak of hit me with Meteor.

I myself, grinded soul strike on my last character and Tank Emily wore nothing but Blackrose and agility. Back then people complemented me on how tanky i was.

lol @ people who get on here and think its cool when they do something but when others do the same thing they talk bad about them. ( referring to gate camping and gear grinding).

I have nothing to hide or prove to any of you, I will grind gear and ults if I feel like it. I will gate camp, and teach noobs how to do the same.

@Valen_Byte none of what I said has anything to do with you. :)

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like I'm the only person I've seen post nonvet builds to the forums. I still get messaged about them. If you want to call me out on something specific I'm pretty happy to address any of your concerns, suspicions, or feelings.

Let me also say that beyond purple weapons gear makes a small aspect of the build. I've run one non-crafted set and that was black rose (RIP). Nowadays if you wanted to have a reasonable quality of life you can 1vX in nonvet just as hard wearing 5x shacklebreaker, 4x seducer/eternal hunt, and 3x agility/willpower. Everyone who farms drop sets for nonvet is try-harding. Just sit back, craft some gear, and let the AP roll in - it really isn't that hard to kill folks.

Since Sotha has been so dead I guess I'll make @Valen_Byte disappointed, farm up dawnbreaker, and scoot around bringing some purple gear pain sometime soon. Anyone wanna 2vX stamwarden with me?
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Half this thread is people who don't even play the campaign lol. Start a Snapchat group or something.
    Edited by gabriebe on October 11, 2017 11:16PM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    Most of you all here are shady and full of BS. I've been around to know there are plenty of players here on the forum that play in kyne that grind gear and ults. If gear didn't mean anything then why the heck are people spending time getting it?

@Raknosh, i am sure i seen you in bwb/kyne with SPC on if I'm am not mistaken and I'm sure there are some other sets you have warn that is not crafted gear. I've had players from Pugz tell me to gold my weapons, so that tells me that there are players with gold weapons in kyne.

[Snip] and [snip] again. I've never had SPC in kyne, you know why? I dont even have IC DLC on that account.
    Not sure you've even read what I've said, I said myself, I have BSW and Worm. What are you bitching about anyway, you've grinded Blackrose every 5 [snip] level. And we don't tell people to get gold weapon in kyne, its a huge waste of gold. Its good for 1-2 lvl then it's = to purple...

Stop trying to stir up [snip] as always...

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on October 12, 2017 4:21PM
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Adenoma you make me sad : (

JK lol
    Half this thread is people who don't even play the campaign lol. Start a Snapchat group or something.

You dont know.

We may have fought side by side....
    GM of BYTE
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the

And the other half is people who either gate camp or boast about killing noobs. Lol
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's funny is black Rose is garbage now.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol anything's possible I guess, I've noticed some people from AD seem to be splitting off a bit lately. Drama to feed the kids apparently.

I'm bringing my long-forgotten and confused magDK to vet her out, she's got virtually no matching gear since her gear has been picked apart over time to clothe other characters. Think I'm gonna stick to oils and ballistas for the evening lol.
    Edited by gabriebe on October 11, 2017 11:25PM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

This discussion has been closed.