Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

• Shado187
    Shado187
    ✭✭✭
    Your gonna call me out Deadly over what? telling the truth? btw you aint better then me deadly and if you want me to kick your butt in a 1v1 to prove it then get at me in game.

p.s. I didn't bash anyone for farming sets or golding gear all I did was call BS to those that deny doing it cuz we all have been guilty of min/maxing
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    Adenoma wrote: »
    Min maxing builds in nonvet is silly. Just craft some gear and fight. Purple weapons at a minimum. Keeping purple weapons every two levels is easier and better than golding crap.

Agreed. If we are talking vet builds here, all good. If you guys are running these kinds of builds in bwb then it's time for you to GTFO of lowbie.
    Shado187 wrote: »
    Haha yea im not trying to min max or anything, just making sure im running the correct setups although i suppose i could upgrade to purple gear

Don't pay attention to them they all min max and some even gold out their weapons and a very small few gold out everything, Also some of these players here farm for necro, spinner's, spriggan,s ect. and even some have farmed dungeon sets for lowbies. Non vet pvpers are just as toxic as vet pvpers and will do anything to prove they are better then the next guy and the ppl who say "I don't do that" are the ones that definitely do this.

The majority of players in Kyne min/max
    What if I told you that min/max doesn't mean "are better than Shado187"?
    DCeiver0 wrote: »
    Edited by Shado187 on October 12, 2017 10:46PM
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shado187 , I would not want to 1v1 @DeadlyRecluse . The fight might draw (I hate you, Olaf), but you sure as heck aren't going to win.

@Valen_Byte , I rerolled for a long time because I was first just getting my feet wet in PvP. I really enjoyed it and I liked the people I played with. I had dabbled in vet and i really disliked the meta for a long, long time. There weren't CP free options that were tempting and I didn't have folks to play with. On top of that I was much more active in organization and running groups of new players then. I felt like I stayed a little too long in nonvet, but I'm glad I made the transition. I still want to have some characters ready so that I can play with friends when they roll new classes, but in general I think I'm in a campaign that will expose me to some new challenges and I like that.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • anamenobodyelsehas
    anamenobodyelsehas
    ✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    I'm getting excited. All this talk about gate camping makes me happy.

qalbbT2.jpg
  • anamenobodyelsehas
    anamenobodyelsehas
    ✭✭✭
    Haha yea im not trying to min max or anything, just making sure im running the correct setups although i suppose i could upgrade to purple gear

Don't pay attention to them they all min max and some even gold out their weapons and a very small few gold out everything, Also some of these players here farm for necro, spinner's, spriggan,s ect. and even some have farmed dungeon sets for lowbies. Non vet pvpers are just as toxic as vet pvpers and will do anything to prove they are better then the next guy and the ppl who say "I don't do that" are the ones that definitely do this.

55314895.jpg
  • anamenobodyelsehas
    anamenobodyelsehas
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not wrong and you and everyone here in this forum knows it, The majority of players in Kyne min/max and if you need proof all you got to do is look back through this forum and read up on the builds these ppl post, None of you like me so you are just gonna disagree out of spite but you know I'm right, Before you get butt hurt again I didn't mention you or anyone else in this thread personally but we all know who the ppl are that play like this and it ain't just a few players its the majority of re-rollers in Kyne!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUdyFEBYZ-hA6Yg2bvLYGvVVpmN_eaYIF-4Y941RiHx020Cxk0tQ
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your gonna call me out Deadly over what? telling the truth? btw you aint better then me deadly and if you want me to kick your butt in a 1v1 to prove it then get at me in game.

p.s. I didn't bash anyone for farming sets or golding gear all I did was call BS to those that deny doing it cuz we all have been guilty of min/maxing
    Min maxing builds in nonvet is silly. Just craft some gear and fight. Purple weapons at a minimum. Keeping purple weapons every two levels is easier and better than golding crap.

Agreed. If we are talking vet builds here, all good. If you guys are running these kinds of builds in bwb then it's time for you to GTFO of lowbie.

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

Edited by Lumsdenml on October 12, 2017 11:45PM
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the schoolyard!
  • anamenobodyelsehas
    anamenobodyelsehas
    ✭✭✭

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_gJRkaXapVcXbG5aKTALUe-LK-hSxbabuz6f5j-IHI7nkwJSQlw
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seriously, though. What is your definition of min/max? On my last Kyne toon I rolled a dark elf magplar, added points to the fire racial passive, had fire enchant on my nern inferno staff, ran 5pc silks of the Sun, 5pc. Something else (usually elf bane), all points into magic.... all purple gear...that min/max?

Edited by Lumsdenml on October 12, 2017 11:56PM
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the schoolyard!

Ill meet you by the slide at 4.20! Oh, wait... that's something else....
    Obituary:
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Shado187

Literally any time. Vet, nonvet, noCP, CP. You can easily contact me ingame because I don't feel the need to obscure my ingame identity via a different forum name.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shado187

Literally any time. Vet, nonvet, noCP, CP. You can easily contact me ingame because I don't feel the need to obscure my ingame identity via a different forum name.

This needs to be an event.... hammerdeath arena.... I could sell popcorn....
    Obituary:
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »

I'm willing to bet he'd want to do it in Kyne, which is fine, I have leftovers laying around in those levels. All 4ish levels out of gear, so idk if I'm min/maxed enough.
    Edited by DeadlyRecluse on October 13, 2017 12:08AM
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shado187

I'm willing to bet he'd want to do it in Kyne, which is fine, I have leftovers laying around in those levels. All 4ish levels out of gear, so idk if I'm min/maxed enough.

Is popcorn allowed in Kyne ?
    Obituary:
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Is popcorn allowed in Kyne ?

Only heavily salted. But the same is true of all PvP in this game recently.

EDIT: removed the @mention in the quote tree because those notifications are annoying.
    Edited by DeadlyRecluse on October 13, 2017 12:08AM
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lumsdenml , it's not legal at my states' slides. We're gonna have to stick strictly to street-legal rumbles in Kentucky.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a nice change of pace. The whole gate camping, noob wrecking, t-bagging because that's how I want to play and you can't stop me conversation was getting boring.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sreja_Bone wrote: »
    Does Deep Breath set off balance using talons? Thought it had to interrupt to do that. I'm genuinely curious, not trying to naysay you Colours. I've never used those two together, and that would definitely be useful on my main in dungeons.

I don't believe so, no. To clarify, if the enemy isn't casting, you do need to set up a Power Lash for the Inhale>Power Lash>Take Flight combo. I was more just trying to point out that you can time the Inhale explosion to go off at the same time as Take Flight with a Power Lash in the middle.

Also, @FistiCuffsFreddie, I can give you a vamp bite if you're still looking for one.
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think Pvp needed some sort of progression. That way you dont have really good players vs really new players. It adds to the balance of the game. When they made Sotha a no CP 30 day camp, we got it. New player comes in, wants to try pvp, goes to bwb, loves it, vets out and goes to Sotha. In Sotha they learn how to fine toon there build and skills while they earn boat loads of CP. When they are confident, they go for vivec with the big boys. Pvp now has a starting point, a mid range and the high end. Bwb/Sotha/Vivec respectively.

At some point we all improved to the point that we were better than a new player. Even if you are only a "whelming" player now, you are still better than the fresh player. We all stayed instead of moving on for mostly the same reasons I think. Lag, community/friends, guilds, not to mention the time investment. While I dont think there is anything wrong with us making it our home for so long, I do think that some of us, myself included, "hacked" the system. We stayed for good reason but, it had unintended side effects. Meaning, we learned how to build lowbie toons like nobody. Im not only talking about gear but also the way you level a toon in order to have the skills that you want at low level. Its a skill in itself. Knowing how to build specifically for bwb is not something everyone knows. We learned it by rerolling over and over getting better each time we did it. Even having friends help us or carry us through to a specific skill. Things that a new player would never consider. The gear we run, how well we push the buttons on our keyboard, the knowledge of lowbie builds on top of running with an organized coordinated guild group and what new player has any hope? Then, Dawnbreaker and Meteor on top of that. Thats just being mean.

We know of at least one person that played this game just for BwB pvp and he ended up leaving the game. In that case we even know exactly the kinds of things that pushed him over the edge. Thats just one. How many have there been that got so discouraged that they left the game? I wouldn't want to know the real number to be honest. I know thats not anything any of us intended but its a truth. We all want more players to join the game. Or we should if we want it to stay alive. I am sure many who read this will just pass it off as me ranting about stupid stuff again but I truly believe that the BwB community can have a big impact on all of eso. It is many players first impression of Pvp and if they dont like it, the game suffers. Is it our job to build zos's player base? Sort of. It would be in our benefit to help as much as we can to help new players or at the very least not pulverize them just because "we can so why not?"

Does that mean I think we should all leave BwB? No. I think that means we should play much more casually. No need for good players to go balls out on new players. And yes, there are a lot of new players still. More than it seems. I consider anyone in there first year of Pvp to be a new pvp'er. I know it took me about that long to scratch the surface of builds. Im slow though lol.

/endwhatever
    /lol
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love you. Come play with us in vet with TS, but please use weapons ;)
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to try and get @Itsnotarealwar to play again. He did have fun playing with @Lumsdenml and zz.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I see Vivec more as the training pad for Sotha rather than the other way around. It's just so much easier to survive there, since most of the builds online are made for CP play and because there's just so many people you can really just hide in the zerg. In Sotha, you really do need fine tuned gear, which takes time and ressources to acquire and improve. And CPs make mistakes a lot more easily forgiven than in no CP.

I'll be playing in nonvet as long as I get new build ideas, don't think I'll ever run the same build over and over again simply because starting a toon in the first place is such a pita. I'm kind of running out of ideas lately, tbh.
    Edited by gabriebe on October 13, 2017 3:01AM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP are forgiving.
  • DCeiver0
    DCeiver0
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Archon build was the only one I rerolled more than once. Tweaking, trying different skills from different lines, I finally honed it in and vetted a DC version out. Now I'm waiting for my crafters to catch up to make that end game gear. Since then I've built different toons on different factions testing out new ideas and combos. I do the work farming gear, grinding ults, making most of my own gear, enchants, potions etc.

Every single person in this thread could leave kyne, but there would still be experienced players running around destroying new players. It really makes no difference because the option is there, and people will use it. So then what is so wrong with going on and fighting those people. Give new players at your side a fighting chance, and something to aspire to. When I started pvp, those people are what kept me coming back. Running around with Rak and Saber. Being able to accomplish things, using teamwork to dig GoNb, Duality and friends, or any other organized guild out of a tower farm. That's what made it fun for me. And made me want to get better. And helped me get through the frustration and time consuming tediousness it takes to get better.

There will always be a skill/gear disparity so long as it is allowed. So I embrace it. I may destroy a less experienced player, but it's not up to me how they take it. They could get frustrated and angry and quit, or they can use the defeat to motivate improvement so the next time we meet its not as uneven.
    Ärchøn of the Covenant - DC Magblade
    Ärchøn of the Dominion - AD Magblade
    Venom - EP Stamdk
    Sentinel - AD DK
    Sirocco - DC WereOrcSorc
    Wendigo - DC Warden
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DCeiver0 , if you want to scoot around in vet I have a creative build for magNB that I want to run duo. I have to mention it to tsubaki. It might get me to stop running stamwarden all the time and go back to my first magDK love.
  • DCeiver0
    DCeiver0
    ✭✭✭✭
    @DCeiver0 , if you want to scoot around in vet I have a creative build for magNB that I want to run duo. I have to mention it to tsubaki. It might get me to stop running stamwarden all the time and go back to my first magDK love.

Oooo. That sounds fun! I'll need an AD vet toon... And gear... And time... And crap I have none of those things at the moment. Workin these 60+ hour weeks leaves little time for the PvPing. BUT I do have 2 AD characters workin their way up.

I'm really getting into hybrids...
    Ärchøn of the Covenant - DC Magblade
    Ärchøn of the Dominion - AD Magblade
    Venom - EP Stamdk
    Sentinel - AD DK
    Sirocco - DC WereOrcSorc
    Wendigo - DC Warden
  • Shado187
    Shado187
    ✭✭✭

Seriously, though. What is your definition of min/max? On my last Kyne toon I rolled a dark elf magplar, added points to the fire racial passive, had fire enchant on my nern inferno staff, ran 5pc silks of the Sun, 5pc. Something else (usually elf bane), all points into magic.... all purple gear...that min/max?

min/maxing just means maximizing a characters performance like stacking all weapon damage or stacking max magicka ect. google it nothing wrong with optimizing your character for combat like I said we all do it one way or another this guy gives an in depth description of what it means> https://rpg.stackexchange.com/questions/64800/what-does-minmax-mean
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody min maxes in nonvet to the degree you min max vet. People are just saying min max because folks like @Shado187 like to cite gear disparities. Yes, they exist and folks like me are always in all purple when they play nonvet. Can we stop saying min max though?

Like in vet I'm min maxing a three man group comp to have minor vulnerability, major and minor defile, minor magicka steal, transmutation, spell power cure, and minor maim on all the time. Basically, come in our little blob and you take +8% damage (more with SPC), heal 45% worse, deal 15% less damage overall, your crits weaker, and our magicka recovery is effectively 800 greater.

But by all means purple/gold weapons and purple armor are the real cancer here. Especially when you have small groups of min maxers who run builds that aren't designed for any synergy. /s
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Archon build was the only one I rerolled more than once. Tweaking, trying different skills from different lines, I finally honed it in and vetted a DC version out. Now I'm waiting for my crafters to catch up to make that end game gear. Since then I've built different toons on different factions testing out new ideas and combos. I do the work farming gear, grinding ults, making most of my own gear, enchants, potions etc.

Every single person in this thread could leave kyne, but there would still be experienced players running around destroying new players. It really makes no difference because the option is there, and people will use it. So then what is so wrong with going on and fighting those people. Give new players at your side a fighting chance, and something to aspire to. When I started pvp, those people are what kept me coming back. Running around with Rak and Saber. Being able to accomplish things, using teamwork to dig GoNb, Duality and friends, or any other organized guild out of a tower farm. That's what made it fun for me. And made me want to get better. And helped me get through the frustration and time consuming tediousness it takes to get better.

There will always be a skill/gear disparity so long as it is allowed. So I embrace it. I may destroy a less experienced player, but it's not up to me how they take it. They could get frustrated and angry and quit, or they can use the defeat to motivate improvement so the next time we meet its not as uneven.

THIS^^... the bolded part .... personally for me... it was @DeadlyRecluse and @Adenoma and the rest of the GoNB that pushed me .... i loved fighting against them and would go out of my way to fight against them .... i learned ALOT from fighting them .... they were a GREAT group... very organized and skilled ... they are what drove me to create my first theory crafted build .... my imperial magplar ( at the time Ookami of Blackwater ... now Wolf of Blackwater ) ... i've had a great deal of success on that build .. but it was due to the knowledge of fighting an experienced and skilled group that I pieced him together
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on October 13, 2017 11:54AM
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Shado187
    Shado187
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody min maxes in nonvet to the degree you min max vet. People are just saying min max because folks like @Shado187 like to cite gear disparities. Yes, they exist and folks like me are always in all purple when they play nonvet. Can we stop saying min max though?

Like in vet I'm min maxing a three man group comp to have minor vulnerability, major and minor defile, minor magicka steal, transmutation, spell power cure, and minor maim on all the time. Basically, come in our little blob and you take +8% damage (more with SPC), heal 45% worse, deal 15% less damage overall, your crits weaker, and our magicka recovery is effectively 800 greater.

But by all means purple/gold weapons and purple armor are the real cancer here. Especially when you have small groups of min maxers who run builds that aren't designed for any synergy. /s

I didn't bring this topic up about min/maxing in fact no one even calls it min/maxing its just called optimizing you character that's it and we all do it to some degree that was my point but you brought it up Adenoma and Byte said if you are min/maxing GTFO of kyne, I didn't start this argument I was just pointing out that we all optimize our toons to their max performance in some way, we may not all run around in gold gear but we still all do it but of course everything I say on here gets twisted into an argument you people must be bored with your lives to start arguing over min/maxing in a rpg, its a game get over it

This discussion has been closed.