Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

• MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you enjoy Kyne, why leave @Valen_Byte? There are many in kyne that have been there for a long time. I mean if it gets to where you no longer enjoy it I guess it's time to move on.

I think people get upset cause something they enjoy doing becomes no longer fun to do. When you get run over day in and day out. When you don't even get a chance to have fun.
  • Shado187
    Shado187
    ✭✭✭
    Thought I would pop into Kyne for some Saturday night pvp boi was I wrong idk whut that was but it's not pvp DC 2 bars AD/EP 1 bar! DC was gate camping too wtf can we get some cooperation to put these DC down?
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not it man. I'm newer and have talked to several other new people. The thing that pisses us off is the farming, groups of people in stealth just waiting for 1 person to ride by. Its trying to get beyond the home gate only to be killed by a group there over and over again. It's the rude people to tell us to learn to play or to get good. It's the people who say we cry when we ask WTF are you Doing? Leaving is not going to fix the issue. This place is full of people that don't amount to **** in the real world so they come here for a feel good. I have seen at least a dozen new EP players this week who said F it I'm out and never coming back. Or PvP is full of predators I'm out. This sucks. You name it. It's about sportsmanship and sportsmanship alone. Some have it and some don't. Us new people that stick around WILL get good and we will WRECK people just like some of you do. Hopefully some of us can do it with a little bit a grace.

Honestly, a lot of what you're describing doesn't sound like really good players, it sounds like players who aren't that good and like to use a numbers advantage to make themselves feel like they're really good. I don't doubt that there are very good players who do the things you are describing, but in my experience things like the stealth groups and gate-camp groups are mostly players who aren't good enough to win fair fights. Don't get me wrong, with Cyrodiil being non-structured open-world PVP, things aren't always supposed to be fair, but I do want to defend some of the really good players I've come to know by saying that more often than not, they are not the one's participating in these types of groups.

Edit: Man, all this forum PVP going on lately really makes me want to get back into the game. But I got so burnt out that I feel like the longer I wait before playing again, the more enjoyable it'll be when I come back.
    Edited by ColoursYouHave on August 13, 2017 3:55AM
  • Itsnotarealwar
    Itsnotarealwar
    ✭✭✭
    That's not it man. I'm newer and have talked to several other new people. The thing that pisses us off is the farming, groups of people in stealth just waiting for 1 person to ride by. Its trying to get beyond the home gate only to be killed by a group there over and over again. It's the rude people to tell us to learn to play or to get good. It's the people who say we cry when we ask WTF are you Doing? Leaving is not going to fix the issue. This place is full of people that don't amount to **** in the real world so they come here for a feel good. I have seen at least a dozen new EP players this week who said F it I'm out and never coming back. Or PvP is full of predators I'm out. This sucks. You name it. It's about sportsmanship and sportsmanship alone. Some have it and some don't. Us new people that stick around WILL get good and we will WRECK people just like some of you do. Hopefully some of us can do it with a little bit a grace.

Honestly, a lot of what you're describing doesn't sound like really good players, it sounds like players who aren't that good and like to use a numbers advantage to make themselves feel like they're really good. I don't doubt that there are very good players who do the things you are describing, but in my experience things like the stealth groups and gate-camp groups are mostly players who aren't good enough to win fair fights. Don't get me wrong, with Cyrodiil being non-structured open-world PVP, things aren't always supposed to be fair, but I do want to defend some of the really good players I've come to know by saying that more often than not, they are not the one's participating in these types of groups.

Edit: Man, all this forum PVP going on lately really makes me want to get back into the game. But I got so burnt out that I feel like the longer I wait before playing again, the more enjoyable it'll be when I come back.

I'm sure you're right. At least most of the people here and some I have talked to in game don't seem like the ones I'm describing. It's just frustrating to get a game for fun and it's full of jerks that ruin the fun. Look at Kyne right now. Nobody but DC playing. Why? Because quite frankly Kyne sucks and it's boring right now. You all seem like nice people. Hopefully you can regain control of the campaign you all love so much.
  • Itsnotarealwar
    Itsnotarealwar
    ✭✭✭
    Shado187 wrote: »
    Thought I would pop into Kyne for some Saturday night pvp boi was I wrong idk whut that was but it's not pvp DC 2 bars AD/EP 1 bar! DC was gate camping too wtf can we get some cooperation to put these DC down?

I think it's too late. I'm in a couple different guilds here. One of them is determined and the other has left Kyne. They are ready to just let DC have a PvE instance of Cyrodiil. Their very own campaign to tell each other how great they are.
  • Evicus
    Evicus
    ✭✭
    Wowi guys...

There's so much condescension (in these last 3 pages) coming from some of the AD in this thread...

...from calling players trash for playing how they'd like, to labeling a whole guild as *feces* for the actions of a few members, to calling players of an opposing faction *hypocrites* when you yourselves are as well (for different reasons, of course).

Oh right, and then there's also the moments when straight-up rude comments are made when they are completely unnecessary and uncalled for...
  • TheKnightHawk
    TheKnightHawk
    ✭✭
    I'm thinking about Rerolling EP cause they need help.

It's just getting lame killing the same AD over and over again, hopefully i will be bring @zRaver too.

Anybody that's a faction flipper I encourage you to do that as well, if you have a free spot left over of course.
    Edited by TheKnightHawk on August 13, 2017 5:45AM
    Yolo DK - DK Darkelf Former Empress of Blackwater Blade 3 Days 16 hours
    Tiberivs lvlis Caesar - NB Woodelf Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade 3 days 12 hours
    Nero Clavidivs Caesar - Stam Sorc Orc Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade 14 hours : Status Retired
    Commodvs Avrelivs Caesar - Stam Sorc Orc Former Emperor of Kyne 1 Day 10 hours
    Titan Flavius Caesar - Stam Sorc Orc Former Emperor of Kyne 1 day and Vivic 1 day longest.
    Death by Caesar NB argonian L41
    Marcus Avrelivs Caesar - Stam DK Former Emperor Vivic 6 hours longest
    Nero Clavdivs Caesar - Stam Warden Kyne Former Emperor 12 hours longest.
    Crystallized Frags Lvl 48, Solo mag sorc.
    Unknown Champion Of The Covenant

Officer of Grave Diggers DC PC/NA CP 700+
  • Anlace
    Anlace
    ✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    I have thought about this a lot today. Also had a good chat with a Dc that I have fought and respected as an enemy for the last year. I had never spoken to this person before. He asked some good questions.

I think my perspective is different from many players as far as the lowbie server is concerned. In my personal life I am an advocate of personal rights and the "little man" and I have a hard time letting go of that in game. I hate seeing new players get decimated by players who clearly have the skill and knowledge to hold there own against the strongest players in the game. I am also talking about players on my own faction that do the same kind of things that I complain about enemies doing. It bothers me anytime I see groups of new or inexperienced players being melted by a Destro ult. It bothers me when I see the mine at Glade yellow and I know that they have no intention of taking that keep. I know very well what they are doing. The very first BwB thread I spoke out against the AD that where doing just that.

I want to see everyone in this game have a good time. I want our community to grow and live for a long time. When I say community, I mean all factions. We are all gammers right? We all have a common interest. If you met someone on the street who plays ESO, you could probably talk to them for hours and never even consider that you maybe enemies in game. We have a common bond and I dont understand why we want to crush each others spirits. Why would I want to ruin someones time in game by doing things that are literally meant to *** them off? That makes no sense to me.

There is nothing wrong with being a good player and staying in bwb. It still has the best performance and class balance anywhere in game. I believe, if I choose to stay in this server beyond the point where I am still learning how things work, then I have a responsibility to not ruin it for the next guy. I have kept my builds in check by not running gold gear. I do not grind ults. Meta is not a word in my vocabulary. My builds are sub par and they are that way on purpose.

So what is the solution? Should I just leave BwB? Will this make it better for everyone? Will everyone then change the way they play? Will there be a better community with more sportsmanship towards one another? You tell me. I want the new players to feel like they truly have a place to learn and grow just like I did, and if me leaving the server will stop this nonsense, then I will.

Since you ask, I think the solution is to do whatever you think is right at any given time and - this is the key part - make your peace with all the things you can't control.

You'd have to ask people within your own faction about whether you leaving would somehow make Kyne a more learning and growing experience for them, but I suspect not. I can tell you playing for the blue side, things were better whenever Rak was around. (Saber too.) I think it's good to have PvP vets around who take the things you just mentioned into account.

But you also don't have to stay if you stop having any fun.

/delurk
    Templar - Warden - Sorc
    all magicka all the time
  • Shado187
    Shado187
    ✭✭✭
    What happened to the players that would band together to stop bwb from getting out of control and stomp the out of control faction back to their gates for days to teach them a lesson? We need those players to return!
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evicus wrote: »
    Wowi guys...

There's so much condescension (in these last 3 pages) coming from some of the AD in this thread...

...from calling players trash for playing how they'd like, to labeling a whole guild as *feces* for the actions of a few members, to calling players of an opposing faction *hypocrites* when you yourselves are as well (for different reasons, of course).

Oh right, and then there's also the moments when straight-up rude comments are made when they are completely unnecessary and uncalled for...

Bwahahahaha that's rich coming from you...

Excuse some of us for calling a spade a spade. If you don't like being called one... then stop being one.
  • Evicus
    Evicus
    ✭✭
    Grim13 wrote: »
    Bwahahahaha that's rich coming from you...

Uhh care to be more cryptic? Your statement right there ^ has no basis, does it?

• Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I can only play this game a few hours a day at most if I become to emotionally invested in a faction, campaign, winning etc etc the game is no longer enjoyable. So I play other games in my free time. Recently got into FTL its a great little strategy game and it was only 10$ on steam already put 30 hours into it and still have not unlocked all the ships I highly recommend it to anyone who likes strategy games, space combat and or star trek.
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on August 13, 2017 11:27AM
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had asked on different occasions, why are you at KC or BB? The answer, why not?, or I have a quest, or stfu, are some of the replies I've received.

I think the worst I got was it's not my responsibility to care about the the health of the community. If this game dies it's not my problem. I'll find a new game to play.

Well if you don't care about the game, why are you here? You can't buy a house, a car, or anything irl with AP. Gate camping or killing noobs doesn't elevate your status in the real world.
    You are here to have fun. When the game dies nobody will care if you got emperor achievement or how you 1vX'd. You won't get promoted in your job because of these things.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reminder of why a few of us grinded a destro ult on the characters we made weeks ago:

http://imgur.com/a/j9cVj

Oh an by the way yesterday got competitive real fast when AD decided to do smart moves like taking outposts first. What they did that wasnt smart though was pissing off EP by taking BRK and pushing for emp too early. Pop-wise, AD was also on an equal footing for most of the day.

Edited by gabriebe on August 13, 2017 12:15PM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @gabriebe, yeah I didn't get why AD did that. After they took bleaks, EP stopped pushing DC at Ales while I was on. The last I saw was EP flagged Roe and I knew that DC would start to gain back the inner circle after that, so I logged off.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a group of 4 DC and I who flagged Roe, but what was odd is that when we were doing it at the FD the farm flipped red behind us. We figured it was a couple of pissed off EPs who were flipping ressources as far as Black Boot.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor

• MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure to be honest. It seemed most of EP just stopped doing anything after the AD push into EP territory. Think right after DC took bleaks I went to Shor. Then logged shortly after.
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I'll only be running 2 more toons through bwb/kyne .... I've noticed lately that there seem to be many more NEW players than known.... i know I'm not the greatest player but many of the times due to the almost year and a half of pvping I've felt like I've had a def advantage.... esp after spending the whole past event in vet......once i have brought the 2 new toons through bwb/kyne ill be bowing out of the campaign .... it's been a great learning experience and i will continue to encourage new payers to learn in bwb/ky
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • ShadowMole25
    ShadowMole25
    ✭✭✭

I haven't been in Kyne the 2 days because I've been preparing a new character so I'm not exactly sure of the situation, but I don't condone gate farming or anything of the sort. However, I do understand that there are some people in a faction who don't listen to what others are saying and don't care about sportsmanship. Those people are not those on this forum usually.

In this type of situation, did you try telling people to go into stealth as they leave the gate or to go in groups. If you know there are gankers in an area, regardless of if they are farming a gate or not, the way to beat them is by stealthing, going around, or going in groups, sometimes all 3. A single person on a horse will get demolished every single time, but it is also a learning experience in a way.

If you know there are people who are frustrated, try to bring them to your group and teach them how to respond to situations. I'm not that good at the PvP, but what I have learned has been mainly from reviewing how I died or by listening to advice from more experienced players. If you know how to solve a situation that is frustrating other people, then try to organize and educate them. The politics, yelling, and blaming on here do not solve much of anything. Try to fix things by educating new members of your own alliance in game. Everyone here is just looking for awesome fights and great interactions between the alliances.
    Wanders-Many-Rivers: EP Argonian Nightblade Stamina DPS
    Heals-In-Rivers: EP Argonian Templar Magicka Healer
    Roams-Many-Rivers EP Argonian Nightblade Magicka Healer
  • Shado187
    Shado187
    ✭✭✭
    Late last nite early morning hrs on the east coast AD took Rayles & hit Glade/Alesw they were really pushing DC good both factions were at 2 bars pop mostly, While that was going on EP decides to take 2 empty AD keeps instead of helping push dethrone :/ I literally watched a zerg of dc who died at Alesw run back to Alesw from bleaks, now imagine only if EP would've flagged bleaks DC would've been dethroned but no KOG grp helps DC, not just this time but many times has that idiot made a grp and took them were they should not be which is usually far from DC!
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol, Kog. He tries his best.
    Edited by gabriebe on August 13, 2017 4:11PM

The traitor

• Shado187
    Shado187
    ✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    lol, Kog. He tries his best.

Take him back to DC us EP don't need his stupidity or his trollness he helps DC more then he helps EP!
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by gabriebe on August 13, 2017 4:29PM

The traitor

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @gabriebe , I hope we're bothering DC right now.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol not particularly, it's good fun.

The traitor

• Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    Reminder of why a few of us grinded a destro ult on the characters we made weeks ago:

http://imgur.com/a/j9cVj

Wait... so, you're saying you felt the need to grind destroy ults because you had the lower population!? (Even though DC has averaged the higher population for months now.)

..Yet, you still use these ults when you have pop advantage...
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you want me to do, delete the character because AD has even pop with DC now?

Besides, stop whining, your saviours are playing today, you guys will be alright. They have heard your prayers/salty forum posts.

The traitor

• Itsnotarealwar
    Itsnotarealwar
    ✭✭✭
    Wait. You have to delete a whole character if you want to change skills? That sucks.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I go to glade flag it, at least 2x so AD can take ash or ales. Because Ep isn't doing much. As I'm setting to flag it a third time so ad can push last emp keep...here comes ad and kills me. Do they flag the keep, nope, lol wth?
  • ShadowMole25
    ShadowMole25
    ✭✭✭
    Wait. You have to delete a whole character if you want to change skills? That sucks.

No you can respec in one of the capital cities such as Mournhold.
    Wanders-Many-Rivers: EP Argonian Nightblade Stamina DPS
    Heals-In-Rivers: EP Argonian Templar Magicka Healer
    Roams-Many-Rivers EP Argonian Nightblade Magicka Healer
This discussion has been closed.