Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

• ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    I have a few more toons to vet out. I may be back when I get off my PUBG kick.

Idk about you, but I don't see myself getting sick of PUBG anytime soon. That game is way too addicting.
    Options
  • axlmayhem
    axlmayhem
    Soul Shriven
    I'm getting the feeling that most the people in under 50 bgs don't have very good gear on
    Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    I have a few more toons to vet out. I may be back when I get off my PUBG kick.

Idk about you, but I don't see myself getting sick of PUBG anytime soon. That game is way too addicting.

Agreed. VERY addicting. Lol
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anlace wrote: »
    When people in my own faction spend ten minutes trying to undermine group leaders because their ideas and objectives are clearly more important, that sucks all the fun right out of the room. Starting to wear me down.

What bothered me last week, is that the other group leader constantly begging me to bring my zerg with his own. Like, c'mon there are so much things you can do with 2 zergs if they coordinate, really dont need a 50 man group to take a bloody keep... Like the day Razier Fray lost emp. I had a full ish group going and Saber had maybe 8-12 and I believe there was another small group going on. Only 1:30 later, we had everything from Chal to BB (didn't have BRK and Alessia) and AD had 3 bars, vs us 2. I suspect the bridge war was real, but even then, it's a lot of keeps in a short amount of time. Our groups never met, we just coordinated our simultaneous assaults..
    Edited by Raknosh on July 11, 2017 10:46PM
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
    Options
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »

Welcome!! Glad you enjoying KY. Good to see fresh peeps in here and game!

I'm not new, been here since beta. Took a hiatus, so maybe that makes me fresh again, one thing I do know is that I have been enjoying PvP a LOT.

Smoking reds last night was a tonne of fun, but sheesh some of those guys... One dude hit me with vipers, 2 hits of just over 3K in death recap. Kinda begs the question as to why you'd need a proc set in kyne. Crutch set much?
    Don't get me wrong, not salty about dying to vipers, or dying in cyro, happens all the time. And I've got a proctard with vipers I use in the 'big boy pants' campaign, so not for a second am I going to say I don't use proc sets in PvP. Nor am I going to defend them though, they are cheese after all. But in Kyne... Really?

If you need a proc set to 'git gud' in Kyne, then you are doing it wrong.

Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

Options
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can get different group leaders disagreeing, but what annoys me the most are people in a pugs group acting like they are a power hungry assistant store manager or something and giving people conflicting directions when a decision has already been made. I used to explain myself all the time, now I usually just boot if they persist. 'We go X' isn't an invitation to a discussion.
    Edited by gabriebe on July 11, 2017 11:08PM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

Options
  • Anlace
    Anlace
    ✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    I can get different group leaders disagreeing, but what annoys me the most are people in a pugs group acting like they are a power hungry assistant store manager or something and giving people conflicting directions when a decision has already been made. I used to explain myself all the time, now I usually just boot if they persist. 'We go X' isn't an invitation to a discussion.

I wonder if that's the backstory with the one who was calling you a false prophet or w/e and predicting doom while your group sieged Roe. Jfc the drama.
    Raknosh wrote: »
    Anlace wrote: »
    When people in my own faction spend ten minutes trying to undermine group leaders because their ideas and objectives are clearly more important, that sucks all the fun right out of the room. Starting to wear me down.

What bothered me last week, is that the other group leader constantly begging me to bring my zerg with his own. Like, c'mon there are so much things you can do with 2 zergs if they coordinate, really dont need a 50 man group to take a bloody keep... Like the day Razier Fray lost emp. I had a full ish group going and Saber had maybe 8-12 and I believe there was another small group going on. Only 1:30 later, we had everything from Chal to BB (didn't have BRK and Alessia) and AD had 3 bars, vs us 2. I suspect the bridge war was real, but even then, it's a lot of keeps in a short amount of time. Our groups never met, we just coordinated our simultaneous assaults..

lol

Missed that one. I think you might not know the mythical strength of your rep. I can see a nervous crown wanting you and a PuGZ group backing him. :D
    Templar - Warden - Sorc
    all magicka all the time
    Options
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that's par for the course though, and I think most people struggle with that. Even more so when you've got a group leader that just likes being 'the leader' but there is no direction, wipes keep happening, and there is no communication. I'll drop in a group like that pretty quickly.

A pug group with good communication, can be super fun on the flipside. I'm not talking about your guildies, when it's organized, you have an experienced lead, everyone falls into line, and stuff just gets done. I'm talking about those random occurrences where you are looking or a group and you find one that's full of randoms with a leader that knows what they are doing, communicates clearly and and has some strategies in place. Those kind of groups can totally transform a map, and the energy or feeling in zone.

It's great to see when you've got a group leader that is picking up all the solo randoms whom by themselves get nothing done, but when you get those 20 odd solo's all in one group, with a common goal, you go from underdog to hero in an hour. Love that. Kyne still delivers that, and I think that's what is missing from the big boy campaigns.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps

Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need to think up a class I can come back into non-vet and say hello to folks. Prolly gonna just roll stamina wardens. I think that's my most frustrating build to play against that doesn't require grinding DBoS. I feel like most of the oldies of non-vet are moving on.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
    Options
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh yea, I've seen my fair share of those too but they don't bother me that much. Sometime, the suggestions are good, if not, I'll explain him why and usually it ends there
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
    Options
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    I need to think up a class I can come back into non-vet and say hello to folks. Prolly gonna just roll stamina wardens. I think that's my most frustrating build to play against that doesn't require grinding DBoS. I feel like most of the oldies of non-vet are moving on.

Dive dive dive!

You know you want to.

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps

Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That's why the good lord gave you the kick from group button. Then the rest toe that line....
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well... looks like kyne is still *** and ad is zerging like crazy ( not the ad in here i might add ) just a typical summer ... looks like its back out of pvp for a while again
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
    Options
  • LucaBrasi
    LucaBrasi
    kijima wrote: »
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    If you need a proc set to 'git gud' in Kyne, then you are doing it wrong.

^^^^^^tru

W0lf_z13 wrote: »
    well... looks like kyne is still *** and ad is zerging like crazy ( not the ad in here i might add ) just a typical summer ... looks like its back out of pvp for a while again

a lot zerging tonite from all sides, Tho DC I wuld say was the least zergy. I normally enjoy fighting DC the most but since the AD summer zerg has been online I feel bad when I have to go up against dc :'(
    Options
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The EP zerg is real.

Over 40 EP on the AD alta scroll about 5 mins ago.

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps

Options
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's some bad EP in that lot, looks like EP now has plenty of bads playing, which is cool.

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps

Options
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, someone in AD says there are some EP gate campers, of course I'm thinking yeah this will be good, and it was. Thanks for the AP, it was tasty.

And to the two EP gate campers from just a few mins ago. You guys are really bad, if you are going to gate camp, the idea is to get easy kills. Not melt like you both did, funny stuff, best part is, I recorded it. I'll upload for the public shaming as soon as I can.

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps

Options
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khrogo1 wrote: »

a lot zerging tonite from all sides, Tho DC I wuld say was the least zergy. I normally enjoy fighting DC the most but since the AD summer zerg has been online I feel bad when I have to go up against dc :'(

yeah unfortunately the summers are usually filled with ad in BwB Kyne .... its just the cycle it goes through ... i usually dont play in this campaign when it gets too zergy from any side... if its DC... i dont want to add to anyone's unpleasant experience esp if they are a newbie ... and if its from another faction ... its just not fun getting steam rolled.... for example ... myself and maybe 6 others took one of the resources at ash and about 30 ad showed up to take it back while ep was fighting ad on the other side of the map
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on July 12, 2017 1:29PM
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @kijima , if I'm using birds on my stamina warden then I'm doing it wrong. I'm all about bugs, reverbs, and heroic slashes.

Then again... stamblade does take the least grinding... same with magicka sorc... or magplar... or crap - magNB.
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I settled on magplar. Doesn't take a whole lot to get those fellas ready and all you really need is jesus beam.
    Options
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the weapon traits revamp, does anyone know if Nirnhorn would perform better than sharpened on say a gank bow build?
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor

Options
  • VarisVaris
    VarisVaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I settled on magplar. Doesn't take a whole lot to get those fellas ready and all you really need is jesus beam.

you have seen the Light
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @gabriebe , I think sharpened is still going to be your best bet. You've lost something like 4-6% damage (I forget the exact amount). Obviously, you would want to test.
    Options
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok thanks, I'll wait before emptying my wallet to make sure my 2-shot nightblade is still relevant then.

The traitor

Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    With the weapon traits revamp, does anyone know if Nirnhorn would perform better than sharpened on say a gank bow build?
    Ok thanks, I'll wait before emptying my wallet to make sure my 2-shot nightblade is still relevant then.

It hasn't quite shook out yet, and you still run into the shield vs unshielded, precise against impen issue.

Sharpened will still be great. I wouldn't recraft anything just yet.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really run into the shield issue because this toon really just preys on the weak and the mounted lol. I always feel bad for targeting the people in the 1-159 cp range but the crinkle sound it makes when they die is too tempting.

The traitor

Options
  • LucaBrasi
    LucaBrasi
    W0lf_z13 wrote: »
    Khrogo1 wrote: »

yeah unfortunately the summers are usually filled with ad in BwB Kyne .... its just the cycle it goes through ... i usually dont play in this campaign when it gets too zergy from any side... if its DC... i dont want to add to anyone's unpleasant experience esp if they are a newbie ... and if its from another faction ... its just not fun getting steam rolled.... for example ... myself and maybe 6 others took one of the resources at ash and about 30 ad showed up to take it back while ep was fighting ad on the other side of the map

I've only been back to non vet for a lil over a month now but i remember back in the day when things got a lil too zergy the low pop factions would organize duels together so pvp didn't die off during the zerg reign maybe dc and ep could set something up and starve the ad zerglings of ap? If anything it would help the newbs get to know their build better and create new friendships.
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or you could just step up and fight outnumbered. Zerglings go where they see a threat - so be one. Organize, use discord/TS, recruit folks out of zone. You don't need a lot of folks to kill an AD zerg. The one time I rolled DC during last summer I was literally solo farming for 40+ kills on resources using a heavy armor magDK. That's the sort of magic that only the summer zerg allows. Fight duels if you want, but there's a killing of AP to be made and the idea that you're starving a 24 man group of AP is laughable because their AP is already crap besides the O ticks.

Make friendships by bringing those folks into group and then chat/TS/discord it up. I know when DC had been zerging recently we recruited tons of folks to guild who have turned out to be really awesome players with a little education and help along the way. All that happened just because we looked at a map that wasn't the color we wanted and said "let's change it."
    Options
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭

IMO Magplar is probably the easiest class to get into BWB at an early level. You don't really need Jesus Beam (although it certainly does help) and you get two of your best skills, BoL and Sweeps, right out of the gate.

I'd probably say MagBlade is second easiest, although they do tend to have more higher level skills you would want than Magplars.

I hate leveling Stam builds for BWB since Rally is almost a necessity.
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would play magNB, but I am too lazy to keep refreshing path, siphoning attacks (might have the morph name wrong), and degeneration up all the while tracking when to combo incap/fear with merciless resolve.

I settled on magplar. I'm just gonna run it dw/resto LA because I think that'll be kinda fun and while I'd run destro for the ult in vet I'm not planning on beelining that far and resto at least helps my BoL out.

I'm looking forward to doing all the main quest to get soulstrike at an early level! I've never actually gotten to play with it - only against. I haven't been overly impressed when playing against it because I tend to play builds that can either face tank it and DPS the enemy while they're vulnerable or just block for a second.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.