Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

• Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    .nvmd
    Edited by Valen_Byte on July 15, 2017 8:24PM
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
    Options
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why would I have kept those trash talks letters tho
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
    Options
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    edit cause i wanted too
    Edited by Valen_Byte on July 15, 2017 8:23PM
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
    Options
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spent most of the day trying to complete vet Maelstrom Arena. That is honestly the most frustrating thing ever. Now I owe 150 soul gems to guildies and no shiny vMA weapon
    Options
  • PemPem
    PemPem
    ✭✭✭
    Just rez at the wayshrine there, don't waste gems.
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My guild had a small (7 person) group running on Kyne tonight on EP. Was fun but AD zerg was real. Is it common for them to go to war equipped with an entire goddamned zoo from their wardens and magsorcs?
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
    Options
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol I logged out around midnight yesterdat but I think that from like 6pm until then there were 50-60 ADs constantly streaming from Nik to Ash, regardless of whether they had Fare, Alessia, Bloodmayne or any other keep. I haven't noticed the bears so much as the constant bird spamming though.
    Edited by gabriebe on July 16, 2017 1:00PM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Raknosh , unless you're married to a certain class I've got the magsorc vma build for you. It's just a heavy attack petsorc that uses 5x spinner, 5x necro, 1x max magicka monster helm/shoulder with charged weapons (so they are dirt cheap). All you do is keep your AOE dots up and hit scamp on cooldown. Otherwise you just heavy attack and take advantage of a 25kish hardened ward.

It's not the fastest build but I'll complete the arena in around 50 minutes with a death or two because I got lazy. You can use sigils and go faster, which I recommend if you are farming for gear. It's got such good sustain that I literally don't even use potions on it.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    My guild had a small (7 person) group running on Kyne tonight on EP. Was fun but AD zerg was real. Is it common for them to go to war equipped with an entire goddamned zoo from their wardens and magsorcs?
    gabriebe wrote: »
    lol I logged out around midnight yesterdat but I think that from like 6pm until then there were 50-60 ADs constantly streaming from Nik to Ash, regardless of whether they had Fare, Alessia, Bloodmayne or any other keep. I haven't noticed the bears so much as the constant bird spamming though.

If it turns out anything like last summer, there will an inexplicable AD horde essentially killing the camp until school starts again. Luckily I don't think anyone is as seriously committed to organizing them, unlike last year, so hopefully y'all can still have some fun.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    @Raknosh , unless you're married to a certain class I've got the magsorc vma build for you. It's just a heavy attack petsorc that uses 5x spinner, 5x necro, 1x max magicka monster helm/shoulder with charged weapons (so they are dirt cheap). All you do is keep your AOE dots up and hit scamp on cooldown. Otherwise you just heavy attack and take advantage of a 25kish hardened ward.

It's not the fastest build but I'll complete the arena in around 50 minutes with a death or two because I got lazy. You can use sigils and go faster, which I recommend if you are farming for gear. It's got such good sustain that I literally don't even use potions on it.

My class choices are pretty limited. I have a Magdk dps, Stam sorc that I transformed into tank, and Magplar healer.
    My biggest issue was not really the dps, but more the survability. vMA is unlike any vet dungeons, everything hits you hard.
    Like the last boss, Crematorial guards are a pain but manageable, CG + boss skulls still ok, but CG + boss skull + clanfear whilst avoiding lich crystal is just too much for me...
    PemPem wrote: »
    Just rez at the wayshrine there, don't waste gems.
    I'm way too lazy for that!
    Edited by Raknosh on July 16, 2017 3:53PM
    Options
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Truth is we got the purple hammer last night. I dont mind. I dont have to go very far for a good fight that way. But keep in mind, if AD gets double teamed, and pushed to one keep, you are going to have to fight all of AD. There was no reason other than a hatred for ad for both ep and dc to be at roe most of the night. Meh. You all did it to yourselves.
    GM of BYTE
    Options
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Truth is the only way to keep AD at a reasonnable pop is to go purple team, otherwise we end up with 2 bars each with AD at 3 or poplocked as it's been in the last few weeks. So while there is no official peace agreement between DC and EP, it's obvious at this point that the only way for both of us to manage another faction that has a constant pop advantage and that tends to ball up is to not attack each other too much.

It seems to be working in EP's favor more than ours really, since they can cap the eastern half of the map much easier when the bulk of AD is potato-ing at Ash. I think I killed 5 ADs yesterday with one well-placed Storm Atronach lol.
    Edited by gabriebe on July 16, 2017 4:00PM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor

Options
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would agree if we had a pop advantage last night. But, we didnt.
    GM of BYTE
    Options
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20150319123927-kMEIPsK.jpg?1426793967

The traitor

Options
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lol Thats funny since you are the one crying. Its just hilarious that you are complaining about ad being all in on place yet you are the ones who created that horde by double teaming. Logic.

Edited by Valen_Byte on July 16, 2017 4:10PM
    GM of BYTE
    Options
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You were the guys who kept on streaming to Ash all day, so I'm not sure why you are surprised that we didn't attack EP when there's 50 people at our doorstep at all times. Just so happened that EP attacked you instead of us, probably because bridge wars are infinitely more interesting than the Chal-Bleakers wars. If they had attacked us, we would have been the ones double-teamed, which is what happens when one faction is stacked on one side of the map and ignoring the other. Besides, one night where you guys have even-pop doesn't negate months of either factions fighting an AD ball zerg with an extra bar at a constant.
    Edited by gabriebe on July 16, 2017 4:22PM

The traitor

Options
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blah blah blah. And having a low pop downtime doesn't negate the fact that DC had pop advantage for months not very long ago.

See how lame that sounds.

It shifts, we all know this. Deal with it or gtfo.

Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
    Options
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC with an extra 2 bars of pop over the other factions never happened ever since I started playing the game like 7 months ago. It got pretty common in AD over the last month or so. Not sure why anyone in AD would be surprised that they're targeted more often than not after that.
    Edited by gabriebe on July 16, 2017 4:35PM

The traitor

Options
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    oh man where is that lol button, I do miss it.
    GM of BYTE
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Objectively, DC had a 2-3 month period recently where they had at least 1 bar pop advantage over all other alliances for the entirety of the day until the prime-est of primetime. I only saw a couple times when DC hit 2 bar advantage but that was mostly when they were pushing scrolls and I'd imagine folks logged over to DC alts/stayed in a boring campaign because they wanted skyshards behind the gates.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
    Options
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC in the day is and always has been a desert. It was always a matter of whether we can hold the last emp keep until like 5pm when people would start logging in.
    Edited by gabriebe on July 16, 2017 5:12PM

The traitor

Options
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    KEEP IT UP! #RoadTo300!
    Options
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I looked up "hypocrite" in the dictionary this morning and Gabriebe's name was used in the example sentence.

;P
    Options
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least my name made it to the dictionary. When will your fav.
    Edited by gabriebe on July 16, 2017 7:03PM

The traitor

Options
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least my name made it to the dictionary. When will your fav.

I'm already in there under sardonic.
    Options
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I looked but only saw it a little bit before, under sardines.

Hold on, AD. I know it's hard to fight against even numbers. But I'm confident you will pull through.
    Edited by gabriebe on July 16, 2017 7:18PM

The traitor

Options
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I looked but only saw it a little bit before, under sardines.

Hold on, AD. I know it's hard to fight against even numbers. But I'm confident you will pull through.

haha, that was actually funny.

ps- being hit by two factions simultaneously at equal pop to us isn't even numbers. js
    Edited by Grim13 on July 16, 2017 8:17PM
    Options
  • Anlace
    Anlace
    ✭✭✭
    That was a weird map and a weird dethrone. Is the sudden activity just summer in full swing? LOTS of fights this week, I hardly ever saw a sleepy map.

The one time I did, I got to see Archon steal and run a scroll without a group, because grouping was broken. I finally saw the Chancellor of Tacoma too, while I was very slowly sneaking around an EP/AD free-for-all. :)
    Templar - Warden - Sorc
    all magicka all the time
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raknosh wrote: »
    KEEP IT UP! #RoadTo300!

EYES ON THE PRIZE
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »

Would you mind sharing the build with me? I've been thinking of getting more into Vet PVP when I come back to the game, and would like to eventually try to get some Maelstrom weapons.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.