Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this for BwB or for vet?

Here's how I build mine and how I would build mine if I had all the tools. Unfortunately, I won't play stamDK after the next path if they leave things as is.

I run 5x Black Rose, 4x morkuldin, 3x agility. In a perfect world I would run 5x fury, 5x werewolf hide, 2x agility - that's hard to get and I would never actually manage to have it for BwB so I haven't tried. I run it as a 7 heavy build with reinforced on my chest, legs, and shield.

I DPS off my S&B bar and use back bar as a buff.

S&B
    -Ransack
    -Reverb Bash
    -Resolving Vigor
    -Igneous Shield
    -Shuffle/Venom Claw
    U: S&B ult (if you've got it)/Take flight

2h
    -Reverse slice
    -Rally
    -Shuffle/Venom Claw
    -Volatile Armor
    -Stampede
    U: Take flight/Corrosive armor (if you don't have S&B ult)

Stam heals are OP compared to magicka heals (besides magplar built for healing). Stam doesn't have the burst on command of breath of life, but I just always let my rally tick low before I refresh. Always pop igneous shield before you vigor or pop rally. Otherwise, if I were not cheap I would run +health/stam/immovable pots. Mundus is the thief - it's hard to appreciate it because you end up getting more crit heals that you don't always see but it's phenomenal when you consider that you have so many heal over time effects. I run dubious camoran throne because I don't like searching for recipes to run bifood.

That's how I run a bursty as hell build in BwB that still can tank 6-8 people.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: If I had ground fighters guild (or if I were in vet) I would run rearming trap instead of a gap closer. But that's more off of the philosophy that in BwB people tend to come after me and I don't need to go after them.
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    Is this for BwB or for vet?

Here's how I build mine and how I would build mine if I had all the tools. Unfortunately, I won't play stamDK after the next path if they leave things as is.

I run 5x Black Rose, 4x morkuldin, 3x agility. In a perfect world I would run 5x fury, 5x werewolf hide, 2x agility - that's hard to get and I would never actually manage to have it for BwB so I haven't tried. I run it as a 7 heavy build with reinforced on my chest, legs, and shield.

I DPS off my S&B bar and use back bar as a buff.

S&B
    -Ransack
    -Reverb Bash
    -Resolving Vigor
    -Igneous Shield
    -Shuffle/Venom Claw
    U: S&B ult (if you've got it)/Take flight

2h
    -Reverse slice
    -Rally
    -Shuffle/Venom Claw
    -Volatile Armor
    -Stampede
    U: Take flight/Corrosive armor (if you don't have S&B ult)

Stam heals are OP compared to magicka heals (besides magplar built for healing). Stam doesn't have the burst on command of breath of life, but I just always let my rally tick low before I refresh. Always pop igneous shield before you vigor or pop rally. Otherwise, if I were not cheap I would run +health/stam/immovable pots. Mundus is the thief - it's hard to appreciate it because you end up getting more crit heals that you don't always see but it's phenomenal when you consider that you have so many heal over time effects. I run dubious camoran throne because I don't like searching for recipes to run bifood.

That's how I run a bursty as hell build in BwB that still can tank 6-8 people.

What I want to know is how you get both Reverberating Bash and Rally on a BWB build? The only reason I haven't made a S&B Stam DK yet (which is also the last class I need to complete my goal of making one stam and one magicka version of each class) is because it seems almost impossible to get both Reverb and Rally, and Stam DK's class source of Major Brutality is much weaker than Stam Sorc's Crit Surge, and I can't use something like Dark Deal on a Stam DK to supplement Vigor's healing, so I feel like I pretty much need Rally on that build, where on my Stam Sorc I am completely fine without Rally.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leveling it you get to 22 on medium armor for shuffle, then you beeline 2h and S&B. Realistically, you need to only get draconic to 27 and don't need to really level ardent flame at all. I think I have both unmorphed at around 34, then I double bar rally and reverb bash to replace volatile armor and venomous claw until they both morph. I think I had them both morphed around 38.
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leveling it you get to 22 on medium armor for shuffle, then you beeline 2h and S&B. Realistically, you need to only get draconic to 27 and don't need to really level ardent flame at all. I think I have both unmorphed at around 34, then I double bar rally and reverb bash to replace volatile armor and venomous claw until they both morph. I think I had them both morphed around 38.

That sounds like utter pain. That why I love magdk and magplar, you have all what you need at lvl 10-16.
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
  • Silky
    Silky
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, stam dks have a longer time to come online. They are a ton of fun tho. Green Dragons blood is an underrated skill especially with heavy armor and orc racial. With rally + vigor you get like 3-4k+ heals a second plus a huge burst with rally. Also, vs everyone but templars the dot from venom claw hits pretty hard and S&B animation cancelling is just fun.
    The Most Diabolical Hater In Tamriel
    GM of SADBOYS
    Living Dumpster Fire

"If a man does not have the sauce, then he is lost. But the same man can be lost in the sauce."

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Raknosh , but you've seen some of the fun things I've gotten to do on stamDK!
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried to raise a little hell and not 1 insightful. Man this farm is dead.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bring it back!
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SHE SAID YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • anamenobodyelsehas
    anamenobodyelsehas
    ✭✭✭
    W0lf_z13 wrote: »

Sincere congratulations. I hope you will both enjoy good health, long life, and happiness.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations!!!!. We knew it would turn out great. So happy for you my friend!!!!
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭

Of f*cking course she said yes! Happy for you my friend! :smiley:
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yay!!!! Congrats to you both!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Noob question, what is ping related to? Why do i have 999+ ping and still can browser internet normally? Why does sometime it says i have 100 ping and i get some crazy lag spike and sometime at 500 and its perfectly fine. This damn thing confuse me more than anything
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Congrats.. i hope this does not mean you can't PvP anymore :)

1472310390_1518.gif

Edited by vamp_emily on May 21, 2017 1:15AM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @W0lf_z13 CONGRATS!!!
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    Why StamDK Rak? You have fought @Adenoma on his right? Squishy little bugger that couldn't fight his way out of @DeadlyRecluse 's wet paper bag.

To be fair, my paper bag build is OP.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    Why StamDK Rak? You have fought @Adenoma on his right? Squishy little bugger that couldn't fight his way out of @DeadlyRecluse 's wet paper bag.

To be fair, my paper bag build is OP.

You saw what I did there. Lol
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

WOOOOOOO
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭

See, I normally try to get my characters into BWB by level 30 at the absolute latest, but a couple more levels probably wouldn't hurt. I'm also considering just running a S&B StamDK without Reverberating Bash so I just need to power level Rally, but I've really grown to love the healing debuff so it isn't my ideal build.

Congratulations!

Raknosh wrote: »
    Noob question, what is ping related to? Why do i have 999+ ping and still can browser internet normally? Why does sometime it says i have 100 ping and i get some crazy lag spike and sometime at 500 and its perfectly fine. This damn thing confuse me more than anything

To my understanding, ping is the amount of time it takes to send and receive a packet of data between your pc and the ESO server. In my experience, the ping the game displays is a little bit behind, as when I was having issues with my internet unrelated to ESO, I was running a repeated ping to google.com through command prompt, and the ping in command prompt would spike up (and back down) several seconds earlier than it displayed in the game.

As far as why you can browse the internet perfectly fine, since the ping only measures the time it takes to send and receive data between your pc and the ESO server, the ping displayed in-game is unrelated to how quickly you can connect to the rest of the internet. But even if the high latency was client-side and you had a ping of say 1000 ms, that would still only be one second, and people would probably never notice if it took only an extra second to load a web page, where a one second delay on a fast-paced combat game is much more noticeable.
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭

To my understanding, ping is the amount of time it takes to send and receive a packet of data between your pc and the ESO server. In my experience, the ping the game displays is a little bit behind, as when I was having issues with my internet unrelated to ESO, I was running a repeated ping to google.com through command prompt, and the ping in command prompt would spike up (and back down) several seconds earlier than it displayed in the game.

As far as why you can browse the internet perfectly fine, since the ping only measures the time it takes to send and receive data between your pc and the ESO server, the ping displayed in-game is unrelated to how quickly you can connect to the rest of the internet. But even if the high latency was client-side and you had a ping of say 1000 ms, that would still only be one second, and people would probably never notice if it took only an extra second to load a web page, where a one second delay on a fast-paced combat game is much more noticeable.

Well that was TRULY insightful, thanks!

So the ping is totally irrelevant to your internet quality? It's all zos fault, as I always thought?
    Edited by Raknosh on May 21, 2017 4:09AM
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

So the ping is totally irrelevant to your internet quality? It's all zos fault, as I always thought?

Basically, yeah.

You can also just compare ESO ping to other games--I get dramatically better and more stable ping rates in other games (in ESO I get 999 pingspikes all the time, and frequent 30 second intervals of 400-500 ping, that doesn't happen in other games I play).
    Edited by DeadlyRecluse on May 21, 2017 4:34AM
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well that was TRULY insightful, thanks!

Generally with ESO, yes. High ping spikes in ESO can be a result of poor internet quality on the user's end, but more often than not it is a server-side issue. Since latency measures the time it takes for the data to go both ways, you can't say for certain whether it is a client-side or server-side issue based on the in-game latency display alone, but since most people have fairly reliable internet these days (and would likely already be aware if they had an unreliable internet service), it is usually pretty safe to assume it is server-side. If you want to check to see if the latency is more client-side or server-side, you can ping a reliable website (like google) and if you're getting pings with much lower latency than the in-game ping displays, it is probably server-side. To do this, just open up command prompt (you should be able to use your operating system's search bar to find it), then type "ping www.google.com -t" without the quotation marks and it'll repeatedly ping google and display your latency on each ping.

Note, I am by no means an expert in networking, and while I am fairly confident in my explanations on this, if somebody recognizes any incorrect information feel free to correct me.
  • DCeiver0
    DCeiver0
    ✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif
    Ärchøn of the Covenant - DC Magblade
    Ärchøn of the Dominion - AD Magblade
    Venom - EP Stamdk
    Sentinel - AD DK
    Sirocco - DC WereOrcSorc
    Wendigo - DC Warden
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats., sir. Wishing you both a wonderful life together.
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know its silly to be sad about a name of a campaign being changed, logically its just a name. But atm, Im not interested in being logical.

@Valen_Byte and I pve'd for an entire year before we stepped foot into cyro and when we finally did, we choose BwB, this was directly after B2P went live, so... June 2015 or so. We didnt group with others, we played as a duo. We took our time leveling, learning the ways of pvp and when we vet out we moved on to Haderus.

Later that year we rolled new toons and decided to come back to Bwb.. AD was in shambles, all groups were discord only and tons of players needed grouping. So against our better judgement (lol) we decided to start running groups and after a couple of weeks, we opened up our guild to those who ran with us. We became a BwB guild. December 2015 til this day in our guilds 'about us', it specifically says we are a BwB guild. Yes, it is just a name... but honestly, no it isn't. A name isn't just a name. It defines us, it stands for something, it has BECOME more than a name.

It is in our pvp souls, this Blackwater Blade. The community WE have created, this *** right here my friends belongs to the name of BWB. We will forever be that no matter what name they force upon us. It is a special place a secret we hold dear, only those of us who know, know. "They" say many things about us, we like to beat up on new players, we arent good enough to play with the big boys, ect. But they, dont know jack. Take a look at thier threads, all of them, all these other campaigns and tell me what you see... you dont see the comradely you find in ours. BwB is a campaign unlike the rest, a separate entity of this game we call pvp. May she live forever, in our hearts and souls.

Enjoy this last day, before they take our namesake. I've thoroughly enjoyed fighting beside and against all of you, my friends.

Rest in Love Blackwater Blade 2014-2107

@ZOS_DaryaK @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    I believe these tags are in order. You may not allow us to keep our Bwb but you should at least be aware of how much 'just a name' means to us. And Darya got the tag bc shes amazing and understands us <3
    Edited by Vyle_Byte on May 21, 2017 4:45PM
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Vyle_Byte

So incredibly insightful my dear. I could add nothing that would improve or so accurately state how I feel. Well done.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amen
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Amen

Thanks for ruining the server on the last day. Classy.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
This discussion has been closed.