Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [IN PROGRESS] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [IN PROGRESS] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

• vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Little Miss Emily was born today, I'm sure I will get hate tells because I will be OP :)

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

Options
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    Was a very good time tonight. Still hate playing a Stamblade though.

Stamblades rock! :)
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
    Options
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raknosh wrote: »
    Silky wrote: »
    Raknosh wrote: »
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    Adenoma wrote: »
    Huh, well not worth my time speculating. He was always a person that when he was on DC had a worse bark than bite. There's only ever been one person I had suspicions of exploiting and they were mostly speed hacks.

April fools :)

Haha, I was skeptical. I've seen a ton of people being accused of hacking (myself included) and I'm 99% sure that all of those were just.. you know... good? Why would it be so hard to believe that someone can be that good.

I've run into like 2 people that were confirmed to be hacking. One was a CE user during the massive exploited ulti fest weekend when a ton of people were using CE to "prove a point" the other was one guy in BwB who had 99% damage resist whenever he got below 50% hp. Like 4k weapon dmg Take Flights were hitting him for 200 dmg. I watched him tank an entire 30 man zerg without blocking or casting any skills for about 10 minutes. It was pretty wild. I might still have the video somewhere.

Some AD PMed me yesterday, saying that a King (@zRaver) was hacking. I'm pretty skeptical, I think he's just good.

I have fought him before when he was on DC. He's not cheating at all (at least when I fought him). He's a bit heavy on that dizzying swing, and that's a bit annoying, but by no means cheating.
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    Options
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Little Miss Emily was born today, I'm sure I will get hate tells because I will be OP :)

I feel like I've heard this before.... :)
    Obituary:
    Options
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here`s the thing about Dizzying Swing I don`t get. I'll look into my death recap and see it like 2-3 times cast in what would be 3-4 seconds top and yet when I make a 2h build, I can barely land a single one of these since it takes FOREVER to cast. I get animation cancel and all that, but I just don`t get how people can spam this thing so fast. And forget that attack if you`re stuck with a tree-hugger...
    Edited by gabriebe on April 2, 2017 9:58PM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

Options
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    Here`s the thing about Dizzying Swing I don`t get. I'll look into my death recap and see it like 2-3 times cast in what would be 3-4 seconds top and yet when I make a 2h build, I can barely land a single one of these since it takes FOREVER to cast. I get animation cancel and all that, but I just don`t get how people can spam this thing so fast. And forget that attack if you`re stuck with a tree-hugger...

Idk, I've never really used Dizzying Swing since it is so easy to avoid. The few times I've experimented with it I found that I was missing my target more often than not. I guess it is harder to avoid when fighting multiple enemies since you need to split your focus, but at the point where you're in an Xv1 situation you probably don't need Dizzying Swing to succeed anyways.

Also, I believe the skill is only a 1 second cast time, so landing 2-3 hits in 3-4 seconds is very realistic. The cast time does seem to be a bit inconsistent though, where it feels like sometimes it takes a little more or less time for the ability to actually land. One thing you can do is start charging a heavy attack as soon as the Dizzying Swing animation begins, and if you release at the right time I believe you can cut off the tail end of the animation with the heavy attack, and then of course cancel that heavy into another Dizzying Swing, which probably allows you to land multiple hits a tad bit more quickly.
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never use DS. I like attacks that only miss due to major evasion. It's a strong DPS move and easily animation cancelled, but if you're playing against someone who is comfortable avoiding it during windup you're sort of up a creek.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
    Options
  • VarisVaris
    VarisVaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Options
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Back when Wrecking Blow had knock backs, I killed a guy and Saber asked me "Did you just WB that guy like 20 times?" , my response was "mmmhmm, that is the only skill I use."

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

Options
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back when Wrecking Blow had knock backs, I killed a guy and Saber asked me "Did you just WB that guy like 20 times?" , my response was "mmmhmm, that is the only skill I use."

Honestly, I used to really struggle with WB spam. I think WB/DS is difficult for a lot of people (especially new or inexperienced players) to deal with because it does so much damage that it can send people into "panic mode" after that first hit, or even when they see the windup. And the once people are in "panic mode", they tend not to think as clearly and try to either outrun the WB or blow all their stam trying to dodge it rather than just walking right through the person. Once you can kind of control the panic of a heavy hitting WB, it's actually quite easy to deal with. Now when you have a bunch of people on you it's a different story since you're trying to do so many things at once you can easily miss the windup animation and still get hit.

Also, I love the amount of people I see using Meteor in BWB these days. I always chuckle when I see the circle animation thing below me, simply hold the right mouse button, and walk out of the AOE knowing they wasted an expensive ult to do like, 2k damage to me.
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ColoursYouHave , the use of meteor in BwB is absurd. Nobody even tries to CC you before it hits. I welcome anyone willing to blow 200 ult on me (not to mention, all the lorebooking time).

That's why I have started playing DK and magsorc for the most part. No grinding for anything.

WB/DS is incredibly easy to avoid - walk through them or block. Good WB/DS users will anticipate walking through, but block is still strong. Playing mostly S&B builds, it keeps the cost of that block low as well.
    Options
  • DCeiver0
    DCeiver0
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ColoursYouHave , the use of meteor in BwB is absurd. Nobody even tries to CC you before it hits. I welcome anyone willing to blow 200 ult on me (not to mention, all the lorebooking time).

That's why I have started playing DK and magsorc for the most part. No grinding for anything.

WB/DS is incredibly easy to avoid - walk through them or block. Good WB/DS users will anticipate walking through, but block is still strong. Playing mostly S&B builds, it keeps the cost of that block low as well.

Meteor+rune prison. Works charmingly well. Though still not worth the lorebook hunt IMO.
    Ärchøn of the Covenant - DC Magblade
    Ärchøn of the Dominion - AD Magblade
    Venom - EP Stamdk
    Sentinel - AD DK
    Sirocco - DC WereOrcSorc
    Wendigo - DC Warden
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dizzying Swing is a great litmus test for potatoes.

Why you want to know the alkalinity of potatoes is beyond me, but that's none of my business.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come to think of it, I barely ever see dizzying swing in a recap. Mostly it's snipes and then a couple heavy hitting moves like a crystal frag or surprise attack - generally couple that with an endless fury explosion. It's not fun playing at effectively 80% health.
    Options
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭

Meteor + Ice Staff is OP tho! I've been trying that with my new magsorc. Even if you block it, you are out of stam to roll out of ice root and after it lends, I trow a frag in there (while you are trying to out heal the dps) making you stuck even longer in the aoe. Then you cc break it, but still out of stam to roll out. I know, I know, that must be very frustrating but I love em roots! xD
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would prefer the 8% increase to single target IMO. Plus not lorebooking at all.
    Options
  • Silky
    Silky
    ✭✭✭
    I was running an ice staff templar build a while ago. It was a lot of fun in small group play and keep defenses to just control the flow of everything. With encase and roots being so broken op I can see an ice staff sorc being super strong. Might give it a try on my sorc tank when I bring him through bwb.

Also, Shooting Star ulti regen on a mag dk is insane. I've thrown it a couple times on zergs as they try to run through the Chal/Bleakers gate and was pretty much instantly am able to run in, drop a standard, and start talon spamming them with VD/Inhale.
    The Most Diabolical Hater In Tamriel
    GM of SADBOYS
    Living Dumpster Fire

"If a man does not have the sauce, then he is lost. But the same man can be lost in the sauce."

Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For magDK it's so hard to use meteor with leap and bats being so good. And bats still doesn't have its resource return from battle roar even with the reduced ult cost so it's amazing sustain.
    Options
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, if you actually CC somebody before the meteor hits its a different story. I remember not too long ago fighting a couple DC at brindle, and somebody knocked me down with an Invasion right before a Meteor, with another player's Dragon Leap timed perfectly to hit me right when the meteor hit. That one definitely hurt. But as you said, very few people actually try to CC you before the meteor hits.
    DCeiver0 wrote: »

Meteor+rune prison. Works charmingly well. Though still not worth the lorebook hunt IMO.

I couldn't imagine farming lorebooks just to get Meteor for BWB. But I'm not really one to talk considering I spend hours camping delve bosses to farm overland sets for BWB... But hey, at least I can watch TV while doing that one!
    Options
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    For magDK it's so hard to use meteor with leap and bats being so good. And bats still doesn't have its resource return from battle roar even with the reduced ult cost so it's amazing sustain.

Ewwwww squishy vamps
    Options
  • Silky
    Silky
    ✭✭✭
    If vamps are squishy then they aren't being played right :D
    The Most Diabolical Hater In Tamriel
    GM of SADBOYS
    Living Dumpster Fire

"If a man does not have the sauce, then he is lost. But the same man can be lost in the sauce."

Options
  • anamenobodyelsehas
    anamenobodyelsehas
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all, just wanted to say that the scroll run from Black Boot tonight was one of the funniest things I've been a part of in BWB. Figuring out how to get the scroll up out of the lava (where our esteemed colleagues in EP and AD decided to dump it to troll us), and running it back to Rayles before it reset was hilarious.

Way to go, 13 Wolves.
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the EP diaspora it seems AD zone has gotten super duper sad.
    Options
  • Azurulia
    Azurulia
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all, just wanted to say that the scroll run from Black Boot tonight was one of the funniest things I've been a part of in BWB. Figuring out how to get the scroll up out of the lava (where our esteemed colleagues in EP and AD decided to dump it to troll us), and running it back to Rayles before it reset was hilarious.

Way to go, 13 Wolves.

that was comically-horrible trying to figure out how to get the scroll out of that lava ditch. Many laughs and deaths were had.

Sure it took over 30 mins to get it out, BUT WE GOT IT OUT!

And that's all that matters! :sunglasses:
    Edited by Azurulia on April 4, 2017 8:53PM
    Criminal Scum:
    50 Breton Templar Healer: Olivine Azshara | 42 Orc Dragonknight Tank: Olivine Claremont | 50 Kahjiit Safe Cracker: Cracks-The-Safes | 50 Kahjiit Serial Killer: Cereal-The-Killer <Current Bounty: 1,231,318 gold>

"Whoever said crime doesn't pay clearly hasn't met Azu." -@Sloris
    Options
  • Azurulia
    Azurulia
    ✭✭✭

AD's presence has been someone lacking over the past several days. I kind of miss it.

Being DC, it feels like the only real threat currently is EP, and oh what a threat they are. (They're kicking our ass!)

Meanwhile AD is just sort of... there.

#BringADback
    Criminal Scum:
    50 Breton Templar Healer: Olivine Azshara | 42 Orc Dragonknight Tank: Olivine Claremont | 50 Kahjiit Safe Cracker: Cracks-The-Safes | 50 Kahjiit Serial Killer: Cereal-The-Killer <Current Bounty: 1,231,318 gold>

"Whoever said crime doesn't pay clearly hasn't met Azu." -@Sloris
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As soon as I'm done with my labor and delivery rotation and don't have to work overnights or all day I know I'll be running guild groups.
    Options
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Azurulia wrote: »

Being DC, it feels like the only real threat currently is EP, and oh what a threat they are. (They're kicking our ass!)

Kicking our ass is the good term. I can name you at least 15 EP players that are good enough to mention. And they often run together making our DC pugs group looks bad. This is why we're going to try and really improve our guild to get on par with the new EP skills.
    Options
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azurulia wrote: »

AD's presence has been someone lacking over the past several days. I kind of miss it.

Meanwhile AD is just sort of... there.

#BringADback

So basically AD is the new EP?
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We were red all along!!!
    Options
  • Enipfodnuos
    Enipfodnuos
    ✭✭✭
    Of course the real reason DC is losing is because I am currently unable to play. >:)
    Options
This discussion has been closed.