Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PAGE 200!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
    Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've been trying out a stamsorc in BWB lately. I'm surprised to find I don't like it very much, at least not compared to my stamplar. I admit that Negate is nice, and since I haven't unlocked Streak yet I know I'm missing out on one of the big distinctives of the class, but honestly ultra-mobility isn't a part of my stamina playstyle anyway. Stamplar feels like it adds something truly unique to combat (the kill-to-sustain mechanic of Repentance and the unorthodox DOT with Power of the Light), and Jabs is just awesome. While stamsorc unquestionably feels more effective at times, it gets boring. "Press button to regain resources" is definitely a more effective sustain mechanic than stamplar's kill-to-sustain, but it doesn't give me the same sense of challenge and risk.

In bad news, my magblade finally vetted out. :'( Fortunately it's been so long since I played the zones after Stormhaven that I'm having fun just solo questing and queuing for random dungeons with her.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Options
  • Silky
    Silky
    ✭✭✭
    What weapons are you running on stamsorc?
    The Most Diabolical Hater In Tamriel
    GM of SADBOYS
    Living Dumpster Fire

"If a man does not have the sauce, then he is lost. But the same man can be lost in the sauce."

Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1H/Shield and Dual Wield. Partially I just wanted to practice the good old heavy attack into Ransack/bash cancel move, and I like the synergy of Dual Wield passives with Dawnbreaker's knockdown.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Options
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have a stam Sorc named Rude Emily :)

More than likely I will go SB and Dual Wield or maybe if 2H and Dual Wield, but definitely not Bow until it vets out. I hate using bow in BwB after the change they made.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    please someone farm bone pirate's with me.

Looks like I will be taking a good portion of next week off from work. I will Farm with you if the need is still there.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just need a second small piece in impen and a purple neck. Then a truly terrifying build (I think) gets tested to see if it is truly terrifying.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
    Options
  • Just_call_me_Cola
    Just_call_me_Cola
    ✭✭✭
    Unlikely @ColoursYouHave
    Options
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »
    Against my better judgment, I will give this one last go. I believe that, for the most part, the discussions have been fun and enjoyable. I feel that I've gotten to know some people on other factions a bit, and it is cool being killed by someone you recognize! :) Anyway, let's stick to talks of builds, funny stories (like the time I got jumped by 8 AD as I rode across the bridge and they bashed me to death as I fell out of my chair laughing), map strategy, which in game snacks you prefer, and of course... Ice trebs.

Wow... never thought we'd make 200 when I made this....

PS. Why did my original post get edited by @ZOS_RichLambert 2 months ago? :)

Edited by Lumsdenml on March 28, 2017 6:29PM
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
    Options
  • Silky
    Silky
    ✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    1H/Shield and Dual Wield. Partially I just wanted to practice the good old heavy attack into Ransack/bash cancel move, and I like the synergy of Dual Wield passives with Dawnbreaker's knockdown.

S&B/Bow is my go to for stam sorc. Haven't really tried DW but range helps a lot from what I've found. Plus with the Bound Armaments hvy attack dmg a bow hvy into inject will blow most people up. I feel like stamplar is more conducive to hvy armor whereas sorc gives some more versatility.

Edit: With bow you get draining shot to make up for the lack of rally heals, and bombard to hold people in negates.
    Edited by Silky on March 28, 2017 7:42PM
    GM of SADBOYS
    Living Dumpster Fire

"If a man does not have the sauce, then he is lost. But the same man can be lost in the sauce."

Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Silky wrote: »

S&B/Bow is my go to for stam sorc. Haven't really tried DW but range helps a lot from what I've found. Plus with the Bound Armaments hvy attack dmg a bow hvy into inject will blow most people up. I feel like stamplar is more conducive to hvy armor whereas sorc gives some more versatility.

Edit: With bow you get draining shot to make up for the lack of rally heals, and bombard to hold people in negates.

Inject is last skill now though, which turns a lot of people off of bow in BWB, especially if you like bringing in characters early.

Draining shot is great. It was everywhere right after they changed it, I feel like it has largely disappeared.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    200th already! Feels like we were only at 100th 2 months ago.
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
    Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All it took was a few arguments, a couple of lies, and a whole bunch of salt sprinkled on top.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A little bit late on the Chal/Aleswell/Bleakers discussion, but can we all agree that the Aleswell keep is a *** show to defend? I don`t know what kind of military engineer thought 'yea, let`s put this crucial keep *in a pit* with a tower overlooking it from the most likely point of entry, that's a winner!'.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    A little bit late on the Chal/Aleswell/Bleakers discussion, but can we all agree that the Aleswell keep is a *** show to defend? I don`t know what kind of military engineer thought 'yea, let`s put this crucial keep *in a pit* with a tower overlooking it from the most likely point of entry, that's a winner!'.

Every alliance has one "pit" ring keep and one on level ground:

"pit" keeps: Alessia, Chalman, Aleswell
    level keeps: Roe, Ash, BRK
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arrius is arguably the strongest tri-keep.
    Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Hmm, I appreciate the appeal of having a ranged option. Do you run that in heavy or medium? S/B feels weird in medium and bow feels weird in heavy, but that feeling might not be accurate to how they actually perform.
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Range is silly. Get up close. S&B/2h all day.

Also, now I'm a necklace away from my vet build!
    Options
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would vote Alessia because all the EP pugs wash up on the front door only to drowned in the AD siege...
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Hmm, I appreciate the appeal of having a ranged option. Do you run that in heavy or medium? S/B feels weird in medium and bow feels weird in heavy, but that feeling might not be accurate to how they actually perform.

I ran a stamDK through BWB with DW/Sword and board, but with silver shards as a ranged option.

It wasn't "great," but something about having someone try to kite and KBing them with a wrist crossbow feels really badass. I think it's how casual the animation is: you have an intense melee battle, they try to run, and you just kinda flick a dart at them.
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lumsdenml , but it's super easy to get the flag from farm.

Options
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mjollo wrote: »
    @Vyle_Byte you and valen you come check out my house sometime. I may have spent a "little" too much on it but it was worth and I keep dumping more gold into it and idk why

Ok will do! I love seeing what other peeps have done with their houses. And ditto, on all accounts lol, I bought the Hundings Hall, which I just love so that was a pretty penny and we wont discuss how much Ive spent since! I kinda have this thing where Im tryin to decorate with a lot of achievement furnishings.. and those mo fos be spensive and Im not even done lmao!

When Im in game later Ill come check out your digs, you do the same, hell Id invite everyone here to mine... if ya wanna be friends! :)
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    I have the best house :) It is in Craglorn. I only have 3 items in it right now. A banker, a merchant, and some fish hanging by the water. :)

Awesome place! You'll get there and it will be amazing Im sure! Ill be sure to wave as I pass by on my farming runs. :D

Also, GRATS ON 200 everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
    Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's official! I'm back to a somewhat normal work schedule. It's on!
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »

Every alliance has one "pit" ring keep and one on level ground:

"pit" keeps: Alessia, Chalman, Aleswell
    level keeps: Roe, Ash, BRK

I know I may sound biased since I'm DC but c'mon, Aleswell is the worst. The N and E side have enough room to setup 10 sieges on very high ground. I find Alessia farm super overrated, barely enough flat terrain to setup sieges, and like some1 mentioned, the FD is right next to the bridge and has horrible terrain so that's a big up for AD.

As for Glade, Fare and Arrius, I think the worst might be on DC again. The mine side is a classic but also the high rock N side.
    Again, Fare would be the easiest, with only that little hill on the W side.

And while im bashing on faction inequality :tongue: , I'm also gonna mention the Atronach and Apprentice stone that AD have in their tri keep zone. Oh and that bridge, WTB a DC bridge between Ash and Nikel. I don't care if it makes no geographical sense, MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raknosh wrote: »
    I know I may sound biased since I'm DC but c'mon, Aleswell is the worst. The N and E side have enough room to setup 10 sieges on very high ground. I find Alessia farm super overrated, barely enough flat terrain to setup sieges, and like some1 mentioned, the FD is right next to the bridge and has horrible terrain so that's a big up for AD.

As for Glade, Fare and Arrius, I think the worst might be on DC again. The mine side is a classic but also the high rock N side.
    Again, Fare would be the easiest, with only that little hill on the W side.

And while im bashing on faction inequality :tongue: , I'm also gonna mention the Atronach and Apprentice stone that AD have in their tri keep zone. Oh and that bridge, WTB a DC bridge between Ash and Nikel. I don't care if it makes no geographical sense, MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

Personally I think Chal is a little worse, but really it and aleswell are pretty close.

Arrius and Fare are both pretty defensible, but Glade mine, man. And the rocks. It's the best/worst keep in the game.

On the other hand, EP has the worst gatekeep, imo. Kingscrest is hilarious. On LM, you can easily flag from almost complete safety OR 20/20 siege on the same side. It's great. If it wasn't such a ride we'd be there more often.
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am always super intimidated about hitting Chal. I find Aleswell easiest and Alesia somewhere in the middle in terms of conquest difficulty.
    Options
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    I'm bad sometimes. :)

Last time I was in BwB was Saturday morning and EP was camping our try keeps. I t-bagged a few and then get the message: "You are next". So I decided to have some fun, and I replied "Cry harder, do you need some tissues?". :)

You know, I've never really been a t-bagger (though I have pulled out the /shovel on occasion), but I did t-bag somebody the other day in an act of sweet justice. After me and probably 8 or so other AD wiped to about 20-30 DC at Ash, some level 19 volunteer decided he was going to start t-bagging me, so I whispered him that he better hope I don't run into him alone. Of course not even 5 minutes later, that same group of DC showed up at Nik, and the guy who was t-bagging me made the mistake of being one of the first to charge the porch. As soon as I saw his name I promptly charged in, killed him, and t-bagged him right in the middle of the battle. While I did feel a bit dirty doing it, I also felt very satisfied, and he even whispered me back saying he deserved it.
    I've been trying out a stamsorc in BWB lately. I'm surprised to find I don't like it very much, at least not compared to my stamplar. I admit that Negate is nice, and since I haven't unlocked Streak yet I know I'm missing out on one of the big distinctives of the class, but honestly ultra-mobility isn't a part of my stamina playstyle anyway. Stamplar feels like it adds something truly unique to combat (the kill-to-sustain mechanic of Repentance and the unorthodox DOT with Power of the Light), and Jabs is just awesome. While stamsorc unquestionably feels more effective at times, it gets boring. "Press button to regain resources" is definitely a more effective sustain mechanic than stamplar's kill-to-sustain, but it doesn't give me the same sense of challenge and risk.

In bad news, my magblade finally vetted out. :'( Fortunately it's been so long since I played the zones after Stormhaven that I'm having fun just solo questing and queuing for random dungeons with her.

I've been having a ton of fun playing Stam Sorc, but being completely new to heavy armor builds, S&B builds, and Stam Sorcs in general has created enough new experiences that I think I was pretty much bound to have fun just by learning new play styles. One thing I really like about Stam Sorc, at least with S&B, is that it feels very "technical", for lack of a better word, in the sense that the build really seems to shine with things like efficient animation cancelling, weapon swapping, ability timing, etc. That may be more of a S&B thing than an actual Stam Sorc thing though...

Inject is last skill now though, which turns a lot of people off of bow in BWB, especially if you like bringing in characters early.

Draining shot is great. It was everywhere right after they changed it, I feel like it has largely disappeared.

RIP Poison Inject :(. Not only does making it the last skill prevent people who like to bring builds into BWB early from using it, but you're also sacrificing your ability to grind out a skill like Rally to get Poison Inject, which makes is significantly less enticing. I do really like Draining Shot though, and started having more success when I started using that instead of Javelin on my Stamplar. Problem is I think a lot of people who were using Draining Shot were mainly using a bow for Poison Inject, and now that it is the last skill I'd imagine fewer people are using a bow in general.
    Lumsdenml wrote: »

I would vote Alessia because all the EP pugs wash up on the front door only to drowned in the AD siege...

I might say Ash for the same reason. I mean, the AD pugs start running to Ash from Nikel, they cross the gate, and the front door is right there! How could one resist charging towards that beautiful door instead of choosing a strategic location to set up siege? Same thing with Sej. Something about those two front doors is just so irresistible to some AD.
    Options
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    I might say Ash for the same reason. I mean, the AD pugs start running to Ash from Nikel, they cross the gate, and the front door is right there! How could one resist charging towards that beautiful door instead of choosing a strategic location to set up siege? Same thing with Sej. Something about those two front doors is just so irresistible to some AD.

And DC can say the exact same thing with Roe, Nik and Bleak :tongue:
    If there is no organized group, I can guarantee you that the pugs will just go for FD and probly get 2-3 siege up (if they are valiant) before getting pushed back from whence they came.
    Edited by Raknosh on March 29, 2017 3:23AM
    Options
  • Silky
    Silky
    ✭✭✭

I was running medium in nonvet: 5pc Hunding/Marksman & 2pc Lekis early lvls, 5pc Skirmisher/Marksman & 2pc Lekis in the 40s.

But in vet I'm running hvy: 5pc Auto/5pc Fury with Tremorscale or Selene's.

S&B kinda gives you the durability you need in medium for nonvet, but in vet it was either me blowing people up in a few hits or getting blown up in a few hits, so I swapped to heavy.

Edit: I can throw together a build description on eso-skills or skillfactory if you want.
    Edited by Silky on March 29, 2017 4:24AM
    GM of SADBOYS
    Living Dumpster Fire

Options
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think some players are attracted to the FDs because they`ve experienced Azura Star or Trueflame, where morphed Siege Barrier and efficient healers can outheal the oils pretty well, and it offers protection from all the coldfire that gets shots from the remparts in vet campaigns. In BwB, cold fire is used sparingly and even more scarce are good healers and support-oriented players.

Also, has the ressource conquering trend hit the vet campaigns? I feel torn between emping someone who has clearly been PvE-ing all night capping empty ressources with 2-3 buddies while the rest of us held the keeps from enemy players and helping my faction get emp. It's dissatisfying to say the least. Not really unique to DC either, Sora does the same thing if he wants to bother with running for emp. I like BwB a lot, which is why it is mine and the guild I`m in home's faction, but if this the new normal I might change my mind about which campaign I should be involved in.
    Edited by gabriebe on March 29, 2017 1:08PM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

Options
This discussion has been closed.