Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Hey ZoS, People are Farming Dro-m'athra Motifs at Level 10

• Therwind
    Therwind
    ✭✭✭
    alexkdd99 wrote: »
    But now everyone can have them.
    Therwind wrote: »
    Maybe it's intended to stop the already elite from being stupidly OP rich. Motifs were never intended to be an achievement.. you shouldn't have to be the best to have a cosmetic like that.

So those of us who are great/the best and have time to play the game don't deserve a reward for putting in endless hours of grinding hard content? The loot in mmo's are slowly dying because of these types of comments.

You do, it is the max level loot. And I doubt anything is dieing from comments. Big egos need to be popped and deflated not inflated. Maybe the golden will just sell them all for 2k each to watch some people predict hell fire raining down. IT IS JUST COSMETICS.

What gear? Lmao. What do you care anyways. Just have your mom buy it.
    Edited by Therwind on August 5, 2016 4:12AM
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can we try and keep it friendly and mature guys? :smile: It's not fair on the OP if the thread gets closed otherwise :/
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy-Dope wrote: »
    @Wollust - I completely agree with you when people scale the dungeons to get the achievements and titles or even to get the top tier gear ( I'm sure you know what I mean). Motif farming with scaling however I don't see any issue with. It's a cosmetic item in the game and in no way buffs or helps anyone to perform better in game.

so its suddenly not a glitch to spam farm motifs, but it's a glitxh to get prosperous gear you cant use?

okay... God people are dumb.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    Phinix1 wrote: »
    I'd rather wait until I can just buy it from the Crown store for 5k crowns than contribute to the disgusting greed of trade monopolies.
    Oh, this is just precious :lol:

So you'd pay real money to the people single-handedly determining the availability of the stuff and its real money price, rather than give in-game gold (of which many of us have more than we know what to do with it) to a number of different sellers competing with each other to offload motifs they took the effort to farm? Yep, seems like you have your priorities straight.

BTW, I don't think "monopoly" means what you think it means.

Yes, I would, and yes, it does.

One thing being a greedy monopoly doesn't make another thing less of a greedy monopoly. There is no fixed limit on the number of greedy monopolies in the world. You can't zero sum everything in the world. I know the human psyche likes things simple and compartmentalized but it just doesn't work that way.

Yes, I would rather spend crowns which I have a lot of from subbing than pay some price gouging trade stall monopolist the price of two monster helms from the PVP vendor just because HE things it is a good idea for the community for prices to be that high.

These are no more rare than glass motif pages, yet they are more than 4 times as expensive? I think no.

People saying "this is no problem charging close to 200k for one page because I PERSONALLY have more gold than I know what to do with is reasoning by projection and only proves my point about the current trade stall bidding war leading to monopoly. Most people do not have ridiculous amounts of gold to throw away on a whim because someone decides to set the price at 4x what is remotely reasonable.

If you have so much gold, why not send me some? Look at all the addons in my sig! I put requests on my pages that I am broke and need gold weeks ago. Guess how many people sent any! XD

Basically though, I get it. It is the "new shiny" syndrome. People fleece the personality type that NEEDS to have things first, and that is fine. Most sane people wait a month or two for the prices to drop, as will I.

I find it laughable these market pushers actually thought they were going to be able to get 200k per page for these, and I do believe it is indicative of absolute greed.

I am glad these level 10 farmers are raining on their greedy parade.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact people are calling it snitching is proving its point actually B)

Agreed.

Some people honestly believe that cheating and exploiting and ruining balance and fair play for everyone are perfectly OK behaviors because THEY personally benefit. If anyone reports them, THEY are the ones ruining things for everyone being "snitches."

It is pretty obvious where this sort of selfish thinking comes from.

Not that setting a ridiculous price on "new shiny" is cheating, but I hear this argument all the time from Cyrodiil exploiters. "So what if it unbalances PVP. YOU are the destructive element for reporting people, and if you do you are a filthy snitch!"

I think it is a lack of parental guidance and discipline. :P
  • AKSb16_ESO2
    AKSb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    So, anyone can show pics of Dro'mathra weapons? :)
  • DeadDealer
    DeadDealer
    ✭✭✭
    i think all 10 lvl players who doing this farm must be banned/warned

its clearly an exploit
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cazzy wrote: »
    Can we try and keep it friendly and mature guys? :smile: It's not fair on the OP if the thread gets closed otherwise :/
    pimp_chicken_close_up_by_dragonofhuecomundo-d3dxl0r.jpg

Chicken = Poultry = Used in food recipes = Khajiits like food = Khajiits = related to Dro-m'Athra = Dro-m'Athra = Dro-m'Athra motif chapters = related to thread and mature :)
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

Chicken = Poultry = Used in food recipes = Khajiits like food = Khajiits = related to Dro-m'Athra = Dro-m'Athra = Dro-m'Athra motif chapters = related to thread and mature :)

That's a bad-a** looking bird. I can relate :wink:
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe it's intended to stop the already elite from being stupidly OP rich. Motifs were never intended to be an achievement.. you shouldn't have to be the best to have a cosmetic like that.

So those of us who are great/the best and have time to play the game don't deserve a reward for putting in endless hours of grinding hard content? The loot in mmo's are slowly dying because of these types of comments.

You do. Skins, gold jewelery, titles. Poxy motif isn't a reward. Shouldn't be hidden behind the hardest content. End of. Stop crying and feeling so entitled. We know you all had plans to farm them and list for 1m a pop but get over it.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Nova Sky
    Nova Sky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    Erock25 wrote: »
    If level 10 people are farming dro-m'Athra motifs... I'm going to be really, REALLY upset as I dropped a TON of gold to get them early on because it's the one motif I always wanted. But if that's the case...

It will be selling for 2k next week.
    I hope not. I dropped well, WELL over a million gold since dro-m'Athra is supposed to be hard to get. If this is something level 10s can farm away I think I'm going to flip my guar. I worked my keister off to get as much gold, and the only thing I /ever/ wanted from the game was the dro-m'Athra motif, but if it's insanely farmable by low levels...

I just... I can not even begin to comprehend how angry that makes me feel right now.

I'm excited for your blow up. Please post videos. Level 10s are farming.
    I'm not going to post a video. I'm just... done.

Don't leave on account of simple-minded people ruining the game for others because of Zeni's seeming inability to *not* break something with each new patch and/or DLC.

Take a break from ESO. Play another game or, better yet, read a good book or head out to a movie, or spend a week watching the entirety of "Game of Thrones."

And, FWIW, your recent fishing thread was a hoot. It almost made me want to take a drink. ;)
    "Wheresoever you go, go with all of your heart."
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, anyone can show pics of Dro'mathra weapons? :)

Just checked the PTS. ZOS forgot to add it to the crate that contains all motif you don't know. >.>
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

That's a bad-a** looking bird. I can relate :wink:

You aren't alone lol! If I ever owned chickens, they'd all have afros. Just sayin'.
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    that's a good thind thing for wise style completionists who knows how to wait few weeks because we already have 25 styles motifs and we still don't know what to do with.

Keep farm them like this, I'll buy it in few days at 500g.
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • jeedrzej
    jeedrzej
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why I'm not suprised...
    Jeedrzej - Magica Dragonknight lvl 50
    Ealian Elieilijas - Magica Sorcerer lvl 50
    Enerias Kazner - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Marcelius SIlny - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Anvena Kazner - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Arcynekromantka Anastazja - Magica Nightblade lvl 50
    Threiva Krwawooka - Stamina Sorcerer lvl 50
    Anvena Karen - Stamina Templat lvl 50
    Furia Dorathis - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Verinia Dziecię Światła - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Anwen Llenariolis - Magica Warden lvl 50
    Welandil Mroźne Serce - Magicka Warden lvl 50
    Brunein Silny - Stamina Warden lvl 50
    Jilialis Szept Nocy - Magicka Sorcerer lvl 50
    Dareiva Tancerka Cieni - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Doweriusz Desson - Magicka Necromancer lvl 40

Achievement Hunter
    32560 Achievement Points
    CP1203
    3916 collected books
    305 days in-game
  • Therwind
    Therwind
    ✭✭✭

You do. Skins, gold jewelery, titles. Poxy motif isn't a reward. Shouldn't be hidden behind the hardest content. End of. Stop crying and feeling so entitled. We know you all had plans to farm them and list for 1m a pop but get over it.

You're wrong again. I farm them for myself and sell duplicates. I'd also like to say I'm a casual myself, I only play 5 hours a week. Within that 5 hours I would like to be rewarded for my efforts. Not to log in and have everything maxed out. Your kind is here to just ruin gaming, do you even play the game? I can tell you would never play madden football but I can bet my bottom dollar you would play on easy mode and win every game 100 to 0.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You're wrong again. I farm them for myself and sell duplicates. I'd also like to say I'm a casual myself, I only play 5 hours a week. Within that 5 hours I would like to be rewarded for my efforts. Not to log in and have everything maxed out. Your kind is here to just ruin gaming, do you even play the game? I can tell you would never play madden football but I can bet my bottom dollar you would play on easy mode and win every game 100 to 0.

NFL games are fun as testicular cancer imo. I don't play the game to grind back to back to back to back just to finally go oh look I now have the full motif...new dlc launches the next day.

You're wrong dude. Motifs shouldn't be hidden behind the hardest content. You're excluding legitimate noobs from ever obtaining things and why shouldn't they?

But then again the community does wonder why the population of the game is dropping. Comments from guys like you feeling so self entitled to everything and everyone else has to go no lifer just to get the same crappy motif as you... get real. There is plenty to do to keep you high in the ranks of looking cool in Rawlka. Let some people have a pop at getting something that is purely cosmetic, like the pvp lot.

They don't care for grinding out a tedious trial, no chance of getting in with the cool kids, barely any gold to pay the likes of you 500k for a belt motif...no let them have thier cake.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    Master Angler
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • clayandaudrey_ESO
    clayandaudrey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeadDealer wrote: »
    i think all 10 lvl players who doing this farm must be banned/warned

its clearly an exploit

It is starting to become obvious that everything thing is an exploit.

I think ZOS should just make it so everyone is automatically banned when coming out of character creation. That is about the only way to fix this while mess.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So we have a mechanic that:

--Encourages large groups of people to cooperate for mutual advantage
    --Encourages people who would not normally do Trials, to try Trials
    --Encourages newer and older players to cooperate

...and the complaint is that it's making an in-game item worth less of a digital currency that is largely worthless anyway.

Ignoring that it will end up in the Crown store making the price crash regardless.

I will never understand people.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

...and the complaint is that it's making an in-game item worth less of a digital currency that is largely worthless anyway.

Ignoring that it will end up in the Crown store making the price crash regardless.

But but but but the entitlement...but the elites gold supply..someone has to think of them...
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    Master Angler
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The white knight struggle is real for the pixels in distress.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really don't know what is this whole fuss about. Scaling a dungeon to the lowest possible level in many purposes (e.g. getting achievements) has always been a thing and people have never cried about that. And for sure it does not sound like an exploit to me. Even more, I am happy about that cause the dro-m'athra motifs will be more accessible to people much faster and as such they are going to be cheaper really soon cause the current prices are just insane.
  • Therwind
    Therwind
    ✭✭✭

NFL games are fun as testicular cancer imo. I don't play the game to grind back to back to back to back just to finally go oh look I now have the full motif...new dlc launches the next day.

You're wrong dude. Motifs shouldn't be hidden behind the hardest content. You're excluding legitimate noobs from ever obtaining things and why shouldn't they?

But then again the community does wonder why the population of the game is dropping. Comments from guys like you feeling so self entitled to everything and everyone else has to go no lifer just to get the same crappy motif as you... get real. There is plenty to do to keep you high in the ranks of looking cool in Rawlka. Let some people have a pop at getting something that is purely cosmetic, like the pvp lot.

They don't care for grinding out a tedious trial, no chance of getting in with the cool kids, barely any gold to pay the likes of you 500k for a belt motif...no let them have thier cake.

It's just one motif. And the so called " noobs" can get it when they nerf the place or out level it or they or you can run with me, I don't mind at all. Most people I raid with are noobs. They never raided in any kind of game. But they learn with experience and patience like everyone and everything else. Somethings should be hard to get is my point. A few skins and 90 year old pets isn't cutting it for in game loot drops. As far as the gear goes it's really useless outside of jewelry I can craft everything and be just as affective. Therefore nothing is really unique and that isn't a good thing.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's just one motif. And the so called " noobs" can get it when they nerf the place or out level it or they or you can run with me, I don't mind at all. Most people I raid with are noobs. They never raided in any kind of game. But they learn with experience and patience like everyone and everything else. Somethings should be hard to get is my point. A few skins and 90 year old pets isn't cutting it for in game loot drops. As far as the gear goes it's really useless outside of jewelry I can craft everything and be just as affective. Therefore nothing is really unique and that isn't a good thing.

That's an issue with the whole game,not just the motif.I got you on this point.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You and me both.

But but but but the entitlement...but the elites gold supply..someone has to think of them...

I know right?

The greedy monopolists have feelings too! Why does no one ever think about their feelings?
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Errrm.....good for them?
    I like sweetrolls and I cannot lie
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let those ID10T's do it. It will just make a giant surplus of those motifs available and the price will drop to 500g per page in less than a week. They will only have themselves to blame for abusing something and destroying it's worth. I would love to be able to pay 500g per page for the new Motifs!
    NA Server - Kildair
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am glad it can be farmed I literally just got xifkin all of it for about 13 k. I am patient I can wait. They aren't going anywhere got elegant purple rings two of them for 25 k total. I know ppl that paid 100 k for one. I call them suckers. Tbh they aren't worth 25 k.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, you leave us "elites" out of this. :p I have cleared vMoL, have been on max-scaled nMoL farm runs that take only 20 minutes, and I'm perfectly okay with people doing those lowbie farm runs. I've even participated in a few, and every so-called "elite" I know is fine with it and/or do the same. It's actually the wannabes for whom nMoL isn't a faceroll who are more likely to take issue with downscaling nMoL. The real challenge is vMoL; nMoL at any level is nothing more than a grindy gear farm.
    Edited by code65536 on August 5, 2016 3:48PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they are really that cheap, someone cod me a set :wink: paying 40K.. EU pc server hehe