Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Hey ZoS, People are Farming Dro-m'athra Motifs at Level 10

Conquistador
Conquistador
✭✭✭✭✭
I am going to assume that you guys did not intend for this to happen, but people are farming the crap out of dro-m'athra motifs at level 10. Flooding the market with motifs that should have retained value because they come from a trial. Anyway, head's up. If you did intend for this, then my response is "wow". The in-game economy needs a serious boon and that could have helped push gold around.
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am going to assume that you guys did not intend for this to happen, but people are farming the crap out of dro-m'athra motifs at level 10. Flooding the market with motifs that should have retained value because they come from a trial. Anyway, head's up. If you did intend for this, then my response is "wow". The in-game economy needs a serious boon and that could have helped push gold around.

How is obtained? Out of curiosity! :smile:
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If level 10 people are farming dro-m'Athra motifs... I'm going to be really, REALLY upset as I dropped a TON of gold to get them early on because it's the one motif I always wanted. But if that's the case...
  • Burning_Talons
    Burning_Talons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know what ima be doing come console release
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    If level 10 people are farming dro-m'Athra motifs... I'm going to be really, REALLY upset as I dropped a TON of gold to get them early on because it's the one motif I always wanted. But if that's the case...

It will be selling for 2k next week.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Woot! I need them!
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woot! I need them!

Same here! I've got plenty of gold to cover 2k per page.....come to daddy!
    NA Server - Kildair
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    * goes on shopping trip during lunch break *
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »

What if this is all a trick and they are just trying to get us to buy them before they really crash...
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I hope not. I dropped well, WELL over a million gold since dro-m'Athra is supposed to be hard to get. If this is something level 10s can farm away I think I'm going to flip my guar. I worked my keister off to get as much gold, and the only thing I /ever/ wanted from the game was the dro-m'Athra motif, but if it's insanely farmable by low levels...

I just... I can not even begin to comprehend how angry that makes me feel right now.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I hope not. I dropped well, WELL over a million gold since dro-m'Athra is supposed to be hard to get. If this is something level 10s can farm away I think I'm going to flip my guar. I worked my keister off to get as much gold, and the only thing I /ever/ wanted from the game was the dro-m'Athra motif, but if it's insanely farmable by low levels...

I just... I can not even begin to comprehend how angry that makes me feel right now.

I'm excited for your blow up. Please post videos. Level 10s are farming.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Burning_Talons PS4 NA? I'd like to make a ton of Gold as well lol :trollface:
    Edited by Vaoh on August 4, 2016 6:45PM
  • Leon119
    Leon119
    ✭✭✭✭
    U can get it once per week so prices will take a while to drop though
  • Conquistador
    Conquistador
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leon119 wrote: »
    U can get it once per week so prices will take a while to drop though

Nope, people are making 3 characters a day, scaling down the dungeon and farming motifs. It's real screwed up.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »

I'm excited for your blow up. Please post videos. Level 10s are farming.
    I'm not going to post a video. I'm just... done.
  • Eisenhovver
    Eisenhovver
    ✭✭✭
    Hilarious. State of the Game: Crap
    ... why am I still here?
    An intellectual is someone who takes more words than necessary to tell more than he knows. -Dwight D. Eisenhower
  • Twilix01
    Twilix01
    ✭✭✭
    If people are allowed to run scaled normal mode versions of the DLC dungeons for silver keys for undaunted pledges (or scaled low versions of normal dungeons for regular pledges), people should be allowed to get the motif from scaled down versions of Maw. It's only applicable for once per character a week anyway. Besides, do we really want there to be a third motif that's a pain in the ass to get? Glass and Akaviri styles are enough, we don't need to make more styles that are more trouble than they're worth to get.
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's so stupid that you can just downscale everything and still farm loot and achievements that way like in the new dungeons.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • L2Pissue
    L2Pissue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you chose to pay day 1 prices to have full motifs first so you can link the motif achievements to your guild mates so they tell you "wow, awesome, interesting, stunning, extraordinary, phenomenal, outrageous" and other compliments which make you feel good about yourself for 2 minutes, or you could wait couple months and get them with reasonable price :)

have the tied responsibility with your choices..
    you cant sue the lottery company for not winning the jackpot for example, your anger at Zenimax is not really justified and if you rage at players who do it at level 10 they'll tell you to get a life.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wollust wrote: »
    It's so stupid that you can just downscale everything and still farm loot and achievements that way like in the new dungeons.

I agree.

I also love to farm new rare stuff and sell for release day prices when DLC drops. Gives me more than enough gold to spend until the next DLC. Feels dirty but I might end up doing this if true. Free Dro-m'Athra motifs..... seems like a no-brainer to make gold off of.

Would much rather ZOS hotfixed both this and the 10K WD Salvation Set bug before it hits console Live!
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe it's intended to stop the already elite from being stupidly OP rich. Motifs were never intended to be an achievement.. you shouldn't have to be the best to have a cosmetic like that.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    L2Pissue wrote: »
    you chose to pay day 1 prices to have full motifs first so you can link the motif achievements to your guild mates so they tell you "wow, awesome, interesting, stunning, extraordinary, phenomenal, outrageous" and other compliments which make you feel good about yourself for 2 minutes, or you could wait couple months and get them with reasonable price :)
    I'm totally fine with paying the day one price, but NOT if random levels were able to farm it. It's bug, I get it. I made the choice, I get it. But I'm just... I know. I'm not blaming ZOS. I'm angry at situation, but I chose this. And it made me make a decision.
  • Funkopotamus
    Funkopotamus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So wait .....People that did not "Earn" it and simply went out and PAID for it.. Are now upset that people are not "Earning it" and are now farming it?

0_o

Huh?

And using the scale down mechanic is NOT a bug.... You people wanted CasualScrollsOnline and this is what will happen..

Allowing players to scale content was never a bright idea in the first place. Definitely not if we ever wanted this game to have a stable economy!

Honestly the choices made by the dev team almost look like an inside job by one of the developers trying to purposely destroy this game lol..
    These "Mistakes" are flat out unacceptable! Most are game breaking.
    Edited by Funkopotamus on August 4, 2016 7:11PM
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!" Sallington
  • Conquistador
    Conquistador
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with you 200%.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@Wollust But isn't this downscale looting only worth it for motifs? I mean, no ones going to use a level 10 item when they are cp160. Unless I'm mistaken, it's just motifs and achievements which are cosmetic enough in my opinion to not matter.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my experience farming for it at cp160, I've only received a motif from the coffer you get for completing the trial quest. It also seems that repeating the quest same day on the same toon doesn't reward you with the coffer. Before Shadows, coffers would drop weekly for each toon (has this changed?). I don't see 8-12 motifs per player per week being a flood.
    Edited by lonewolf26 on August 4, 2016 7:30PM
  • Holy-Dope
    Holy-Dope
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for snitching. If you know it works the way then why the heck you bought them instead of getting them yourself. Those people who are farming are investing their time and effort and their minds working on these crazy ideas.
    So get off your lazy arse and get it yourself or stop blaming the system
    Or people. And FFS it's just motif not SO farm as was before the patch.
    DC- Holy DOPE, Altmer Nightblade
    (And many those who did not make it to the end R.I.P.)

• Conquistador
    Conquistador
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy-Dope wrote: »
    Thanks for snitching. If you know it works the way then why the heck you bought them instead of getting them yourself. Those people who are farming are investing their time and effort and their minds working on these crazy ideas.
    So get off your lazy arse and get it yourself or stop blaming the system
    Or people. And FFS it's just motif not SO farm as was before the patch.

y u mad tho?
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a good thing I've only been farming the other 3 motifs, then :)
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »

UPDATE: Prices are still 70k+ at big traders on PC/NA. Will keep an eye on it though.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion