Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Hey ZoS, People are Farming Dro-m'athra Motifs at Level 10

• Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    So we have a mechanic that:

--Encourages large groups of people to cooperate for mutual advantage
    --Encourages people who would not normally do Trials, to try Trials
    --Encourages newer and older players to cooperate

...and the complaint is that it's making an in-game item worth less of a digital currency that is largely worthless anyway.

Ignoring that it will end up in the Crown store making the price crash regardless.

I will never understand people.

But but but but the entitlement...but the elites gold supply..someone has to think of them...

Hey, you leave us "elites" out of this. :p I have cleared vMoL, have been on max-scaled nMoL farm runs that take only 20 minutes, and I'm perfectly okay with people doing those lowbie farm runs. I've even participated in a few, and every so-called "elite" I know is fine with it and/or do the same. It's actually the wannabes for whom nMoL isn't a faceroll who are more likely to take issue with downscaling nMoL. The real challenge is vMoL; nMoL at any level is nothing more than a grindy gear farm.

And you sir earned yourself a cookie! So true!
    Best thing I read in this thread :smiley:
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let the farmers farm. They are after-all 'playing their way'. If it weren't for them the guild stores would be empty.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2340+
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those people also end up flooding the markets to a point where the prices are forced to drop drastically.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2340+
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it's intended to stop the already elite from being stupidly OP rich. Motifs were never intended to be an achievement.. you shouldn't have to be the best to have a cosmetic like that.

That would be pretty smart thinking on ZOS' end. The amount of elitism and snobbery is too high as is. So in my opinion, the more equality — the better.
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on August 5, 2016 4:57PM
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Actually, I think being able to farm it by lowering the level is great.

Two higher level people can take two lower (Under 50) players through it and actually take the time to show them the mechanics of the bosses and explain things without the lower level playes feeling rushed or overwhelmed because 10 other players are chomping at the bit to dps burst a boss down because they have ran it a 1000 times or more.

There are many times in trials that I get lost in what is actually happening because there are so many abilities going off on my screen that I don't exactly get to "see" when I am debuffed or have to run to something to clean the curse off because I am missing the indicator in all the flashing of everyone elses abilities. Being able to see something like this with only 4 players or less in there lets me pin point an area on my own screen that I can use where I am less likely to see the mess created by everyone else so I don't die.

It is also allowing people, who would otherwise never step foot inside a trial because they don't want to join a guild and do it and only want to play with there few friends to actually experience the content in some way, and getting a motif piece as far as I am concerned is at least a fair reward for that.

This game is suppose to be about fun for everyone, not just the few, and a motif piece does not make your character more powerful than another.

So all the power to them, and bless their hearts for doing it! If other people were not so greedy with their prices, then they might have actually had more support against it.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    It's your own fault that you believed the motifs were supposed to be "hard to get".

On a related now, Trials should not be allowed to scale below level 50. Oh boohoo a new player cannot play them, but that's originally how they were intended and only really make sense on level 50 characters anyways.
    Wrong phrase. Not so much hard to get, but not something farmable by level 10. Trials are supposed to be end game content, and yeah, I spent a lot of money and knew it was a waste of money, but I'm a Khajiit can and Daedric Khajiit armor makes me stupidly happy. I have nothing else to really do end game anymore. That said, I really don't expect level 10s (or even non-vets) to be able to farm vet content. THAT, to me, is the ridiculous part.

You bought the motif you wanted at a price that you were prepared to pay. You're only unhappy because it's not as rare, and certainly not as expensive, as you thought it would be. If nobody had told you then you'd still be happy.

But this knowledge doesn't spoil the way your character looks, so you can still be stupidly happy :)
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    . Flooding the market with motifs .

Must be a PC thing as I haven't seen any in Rawl.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vigarr wrote: »

Well, yes, as consoles don't have the patch that added the motif yet. :p

I don't really have an issue with scaling the trial down to 10 on normal. You can do that (I think there's no minimum level it scales to...), thus far it's a mechanic intended by ZOS (unlike the whole "getting CP160 loot from a vet Sanctum run scaled to 100"), it encourages people to do what I think is a really fun trial, and it makes it less of a complete PITA to get this motif. Seriously, I can get one motif page per week on my main? Feh. The wording on the patch notes made me think I'd get a page per completion (since the quest is repeatable infinitely), not that you get it in a coffer.

Sure, prices will tank, but they always do. People are selling Minotaur and Order of the Hour motifs for probably 5x what they'll go for a month or two from now. Such is life.

That being said, if it turns out that ZOS didn't intend for this and it is underhanded at best, I won't do it. But for now I think it's perfectly within the realm of legitimacy, like scaling a vet dungeon to CP10 for the completion achievement and the key if it's a pledge.
    Edited by rhapsodious on August 5, 2016 6:11PM
  • Conquistador
    Conquistador
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let the farmers farm. They are after-all 'playing their way'. If it weren't for them the guild stores would be empty.

but you dont have a clue what they are doing \:
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    Maybe it's intended to stop the already elite from being stupidly OP rich. Motifs were never intended to be an achievement.. you shouldn't have to be the best to have a cosmetic like that.

That would be pretty smart thinking on ZOS' end. The amount of elitism and snobbery is too high as is. So in my opinion, the more equality — the better.

I like you. It would make sense. Remember how the ignored the sanctum farming? Still no word or fix...guess they want everyone to have a pop at getting the best gear for some builds to then go on and take on the hard content / scoreboard. The same few people cannot stay at the top forever. Some people have real lives and can't spend 23/7, 364 days a year playing it. ZOS is just giving them a helping hand.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that putting "hey zos" on the title results in it being immediately filtered into a folder so that zos won't see it.

It shocks me how arbitrary they are with the threads they choose to comment on.
  • Rayya_Blackheart
    Rayya_Blackheart
    ✭✭✭
    At first I was annoyed at this fact. Probably because I forgot how difficult things were to find in game. I feel the style never should have been released as craftable, but it is and it's here so why should only cp160 get the pages?

Yes it sucks if people are taking advantage of it but this opens up a desire to run 12 man content. Our guild has begun rapidly growing. There's more interest, more competition, more variety. I am excited to see where this leads us
    PC NA Rayya Blackheart pitiful DPS NB CP160
    PC NA Phaedra Phoenix beast mode Templar Healer CP160
    PC NA lvl6 Mudcrab
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vigarr wrote: »

Well, yes, as consoles don't have the patch that added the motif yet. :p

ha well that explains it. Does anyone have pics of the motif?
  • DeadDealer
    DeadDealer
    ✭✭✭
    i just was participated in run like this
    got motif 100k value in 10 minutes
    i like this FEATURE

not EXPLOIT